Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Well done. I actually only started using blackbirds more often recently.
    I'd say blackbirds are really important in hardcore because of all the camping which goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

IPAM wrote: »
    The fact that there were only 3 in the party makes it even better :)

Probably makes it easier if the randoms sucked. Die before using the black bird = free black bird. Could stack it all game in the typical public lobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

fjsanchez wrote: »
    I'd say blackbirds are really important in hardcore because of all the camping which goes on

Does it bring up the UAV when active in HC?

CORaven wrote: »
    Does it bring up the UAV when active in HC?
    Yes, haven't played it much but I remember it does. I'm sure there's a load of players with ghost on like Softcore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

BTW anyone know what the update was today?

• Advertisement

BTW anyone know what the update was today?

Odd, there is no word about it on the Xbox 360 Community Update thread..

Paypal to your Call of Duty account? Are you sure??
    There was an update for the game today, that is what he was referring to I assume.

CORaven wrote: »
    Paypal to your Call of Duty account? Are you sure??
    There was an update for the game today, that is what he was referring to I assume.

Yeah the new update today, think was only 30MB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

No word about this on the COD website, strange indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I got the update ealier. No big deal it was just 13mb and only took 2 hours for my connection to download.

• Advertisement

5/31/11
    (Title Update 9)
    • Security Updates.
    • Combat Record properly displays other players’ first stat page even if they don’t have the latest TU.
    • Improvements to split screen fog.
    • Films are now accessible even if a user’s console date/time is not set up properly.
    • Score and time limit no longer reset in Combat Training if a user opens other menus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I got the update ealier. No big deal it was just 13mb and only took 2 hours for my connection to download.

Any good games tonight?

Any good games tonight?

Yeah alot of 250-0 HCHQ games then a few good wager matches before calling it a night.

We were playing HCCTF on nuketown earlier against other IRL clan members and it went to overtime. The game messed up and aload of people didnt spawn, and myself and failsafe ran into the enemy spawn, got there flag with them just standing there not moving and we capped it. It was a hollow victory in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Hey guys, how do you feel about Call of Duty: Elite? Personally I don't like the idea of a subscription based service for what initially appears to be but statistical information (information that is available for other first person shooters for free). I know there is little information out there at the moment but how, as active Call of Duty players, do you guys feel about paying for a game and then paying an extra subscription for Elite content?

Will anyone be around tonight for some hardcore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Yeah alot of 250-0 HCHQ games then a few good wager matches before calling it a night.

We were playing HCCTF on nuketown earlier against other IRL clan members and it went to overtime. The game messed up and aload of people didnt spawn, and myself and failsafe ran into the enemy spawn, got there flag with them just standing there not moving and we capped it. It was a hollow victory in the end.

The standard in HCHQ used to be the highest in the game - I mean this is where the elite used to hang out and I loved getting challenged every game but I dunno what the story is with it lately - its mostly just camping noobs who sit in the corner and hope someone else caps the points so they can get the exp. Also with the influx of noobs has come a really high % of rage quitters which is annoying
    Hey guys, how do you feel about Call of Duty: Elite? Personally I don't like the idea of a subscription based service for what initially appears to be but statistical information (information that is available for other first person shooters for free). I know there is little information out there at the moment but how, as active Call of Duty players, do you guys feel about paying for a game and then paying an extra subscription for Elite content?

Its some joke alright. I never seen a franchise to try and milk money as much as call of duty. Whats worse is that little kids will pay it too. Campers and rage quitters are already rife in the game - imagine what it will be like if there is a full database of stats! The gamers obviously arent as mature as BFBC2 players so it has potential to ruin the game. I can guarantee you that it wont be as good as BFBC2 stats either which are completely free.

There is a decent chance that BF3 will finally put the COD franchise to bed. Or at the very least you will see a very clean divide in gamers who play the games.

gamers <16 COD
    gamers >16 BF3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i should be around for some hard core to night young man i know how u like it in the core:eek::eek::eek:

Have to say sorry to Benrob and Perrin, worst game of zombies ever, got to about 15 :/ but from about 10 I was going down, lost jug and couldn't get back on my feet :D was good craic all the same.

Edit: I feel the same as the lads above, jus no competition on BLOPS, seems when people play against us Boardsies parties they won't play us again or even move to different games :o Hope MW3 the future greatest game ever (!!!!) will be different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Have to say sorry to Benrob and Perrin, worst game of zombies ever, got to about 15 :/ but from about 10 I was going down, lost jug and couldn't get back on my feet :D was good craic all the same.

Edit: I feel the same as the lads above, jus no competition on BLOPS, seems when people play against us Boardsies parties they won't play us again or even move to different games :o Hope MW3 the future greatest game ever (!!!!) will be different

the lack of comp is a bit of a pain sometimes, but in fairness to the other side, they ain't running with a 6 strong party (mostly). when they are its even better :D
    Anyhoo, we've had evenings like that before... the solution we came up with was a "pistol only" game, or shotguns, or killstreaks off... plenty of ways of giving the other side a head start :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Floyd has 93 friends on the list, 93 friends on the list.
    You mute one knob, who sucks cock for a job
    92 friends on floyds friend list

everlast75 wrote: »
    the lack of comp is a bit of a pain sometimes, but in fairness to the other side, they ain't running with a 6 strong party (mostly). when they are its even better :D
    Anyhoo, we've had evenings like that before... the solution we came up with was a "pistol only" game, or shotguns, or killstreaks off... plenty of ways of giving the other side a head start :)

Some day we should just go around with tomahawks, scavenger and warlord pro for the craic, now that would be challenging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭OriginalTom

Just wondering if the IRL Clan would fancy a friendly game? Be a good chance for us to give a trial to a couple of people that we're trying out. Obviously it would be a competitive game, so we'd be playing with Decerto v4 rules (Link to the ruleset is on a previous page, 205?) and it would be a 4v4.

In terms of maps, gametypes, can I suggest a best of 5? Best of 3 is typically what we play in early tournament rounds but it's over quickly and its more fun to play 3 games than 2.

Gametypes are Demolition, CTF and Search and Destroy.

Personally I suggest we go for:

CTF on Cracked
    Demo on Launch
    SnD on Havana
    CTF on Firing Range
    Demo on Summit

All good maps, all open maps and all are bound to be exciting. If you'd like a chance to practice the rules before playing, then perhaps after this weekend we could play? GT: HvG Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

cant see it being taken up Tom. I dont speak for the IRL but Iv a feeling there are too many "banned" things in the Decerto rule set for it to be a goer. I'll add you later on though - feel free to jump into a game with us any time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Just wondering if the IRL Clan would fancy a friendly game? Be a good chance for us to give a trial to a couple of people that we're trying out. Obviously it would be a competitive game, so we'd be playing with Decerto v4 rules (Link to the ruleset is on a previous page, 205?) and it would be a 4v4.

In terms of maps, gametypes, can I suggest a best of 5? Best of 3 is typically what we play in early tournament rounds but it's over quickly and its more fun to play 3 games than 2.

Gametypes are Demolition, CTF and Search and Destroy.

Personally I suggest we go for:

CTF on Cracked
    Demo on Launch
    SnD on Havana
    CTF on Firing Range
    Demo on Summit

All good maps, all open maps and all are bound to be exciting. If you'd like a chance to practice the rules before playing, then perhaps after this weekend we could play? GT: HvG Tom

I might have a few people to play against you with those rules Tom, I'll ask my mates tonight and see what they say...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm certainly not very happy with what went on throughout this thread the last couple of days. As I put it yesterday, this under the radar trolling does not go unnoticed, and certain people here have history of doing this sort of thing. These people were given ample warnings, infractions and long standing bans (more than a month) yet here we are.................. again.

For all the complaints towards an individual who was permabanned recently, I see very little difference in essence between him and those who reported him constantly. Be it volatile and aggressive, or well spoken but sly(and does their best not to cross the line but it's trolling nonetheless)... both are as bad as each other as far as I'm concerned.

I'm gonna give it a little more thought as to what action needs to be taken but unless an IRL member actually participates in both parties/groups/clan/whatever you want to call it. I see no reason to post here. This is a common theme among both the PS3 and Xbox thread anyways and I'll add a rule perhaps in the OP and charter (few things need to be added I feel now).

* This isn't up for discussion. Given people the benefit of the doubt hasn't benefited anyone but those who regularly contribute nowt and are here for wind ups. ITG's galore quite clearly.

ps: I ain't generalising, but the bad far outweighs the good unfortunately.

Thread Opened.. keep it this way!

can i ask the mod a question with out geting banned??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

naughto wrote: »

If it's about moderation then send a PM, seriously happy to listen and advise if possible.

By PM would be the best route Kev.

Also to keep this thread on topic, I kicked your ass last night on One In The Chamber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Most mod questions should be PM'd to the mod you want to ask...

On Topic: Good games last night lads, thought we were going to get that 200-0 Dom game :p Dam last minute A cap... :rolleyes:

By PM would be the best route Kev.

Also to keep this thread on topic, I kicked your ass last night on One In The Chamber.
    iam ****e at that game.did u take the right pills to day for the rage??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

^^^^^^
    P.M. him as you were previously told..... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, some great games last night - comment of the night though was one of X's... groundwar being the equivalent of being out for a virtual jog trying to find the other team before they died :D

All pro perks now achieved for the final time, apart from Lightweight, steady aim, scout, hacker and ninja (second chance not on my wishlist!). Nearly there too for the second purchase of a golden gun :cool:

Advertisement