Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Sorry about the disconnect early last night lads, my internet never fails to amaze me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Most mod questions should be PM'd to the mod you want to ask...

On Topic: Good games last night lads, thought we were going to get that 200-0 Dom game :p Dam last minute A cap... :rolleyes:

As satisfying as a 200-0 game on Dom can be, you cant beat a good challenging 200-199 game for excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

...I'm gonna give it a little more thought as to what action needs to be taken but unless an IRL member actually participates in both parties/groups/clan/whatever you want to call it. I see no reason to post here. This is a common theme among both the PS3 and Xbox thread anyways and I'll add a rule perhaps in the OP and charter (few things need to be added I feel now)...
    ...Also to keep this thread on topic, I kicked your ass last night on One In The Chamber.

By reading the above from my understanding, even though you played this game last night and are referring to same, you are excluded from posting here as you did not play against those the mod plays with. Just letting you know old chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

everlast75 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    P.M. him as you were previously told..... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, some great games last night - comment of the night though was one of X's... groundwar being the equivalent of being out for a virtual jog trying to find the other team before they died :D

All pro perks now achieved for the final time, apart from Lightweight, steady aim, scout, hacker and ninja (second chance not on my wishlist!). Nearly there too for the second purchase of a golden gun :cool:

no need for that everlast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

everlast75 wrote: »

All pro perks now achieved for the final time, apart from Lightweight, steady aim, scout, hacker and ninja (second chance not on my wishlist!). Nearly there too for the second purchase of a golden gun :cool:

Do what I did, get a friend over and let him play as (1) and you as (2) and let him get the SC Pro. No shame in that, I can say I've gotten it pro without actually using it ;)

• Advertisement

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Do what I did, get a friend over and let him play as (1) and you as (2) and let him get the SC Pro. No shame in that, I can say I've gotten it pro without actually using it ;)

Isnt that what they refer to as boosting ?

No.. boosting is when you kill me repeatedly to get killstreaks and precious noooookes in Mw2.

How is this boosting?

No.. boosting is when you kill me repeatedly to get killstreaks and precious noooookes in Mw2.

How is this boosting?

I didnt say it was boosting. I just asked was it.

I always thought boosting was when you have a ringer on the other team and you's meet up on a certain part of the map and sometimes use Tac insertions, and kill each other to get not only killstreaks, but pro perks, acheivements and whatever. Just cheating basically.

By reading the above from my understanding, even though you played this game last night and are referring to same, you are excluded from posting here as you did not play against those the mod plays with. Just letting you know old chap.

Because ye have your own website and thread to post in. This thread generally is for people who consider themselves members of the Boards clan

EDIT: i mean people who play with this particular party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Because ye have your own website and thread to post in. This thread generally is for people who consider themselves members of the Boards clan

i get the idea that this thread is a general thread and that anyone should
    be allowed to post be it either boards clan, irlclan and even random people talking about a game they played last night.

why do our both sides keep bash against each other we all should be able to get along and even plays games with each other

• Advertisement

Sorry I read it as though you said I was boosting.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    be allowed to post be it either boards clan, irlclan and even random people talking about a game they played last night.

I wouldnt even reply to it Dunworth, it will only start things off again and get this thread locked.

About those private games last night. I will be avoiding private games like the plague from now on. My head was done in playing them and I ended up drinking a bottle of wine to relax.

Sorry I read it as though you said I was boosting.

I remember one of the lads I play with who is a mod on boards was stuck trying to get SoH pro so he asked me to meet him on a certain part of the map to help him get it. I agreed and met him, then shot him in the head with my pistol and shouted over the mic "haha you ****ing booster".

why do our both sides keep bash against each other we all should be able to get along and even plays games with each other

I can see how you would think that because of the thread title, but really it is a place for the xbox side of the Boards clan to post about matches we played last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Will be on for some Black Ops for a bit tonight, apologies to AtomicJesus for not accepting the invite last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Best bit last night was a certain player burning his beard on mic with a cigarette after admitting he left a game early to preserve his winning streak.

my-name-is-earl-20090526144523_625x352.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

fjsanchez wrote: »

Just to clarify, this thread was originally meant for any user on boards.ie who played against another user on boards.ie to discuss their games from the previous night. Over time it developed into a BRDS clan thread simply because it was mostly BRDS clan members posting in it.

However, this thread should be inclusive of everyone that plays on XBox, regardless of clan, same with the Playstation thread. You never know, by being inclusive you guys might eventually decide to play a few friendly games and discover that you actually can get along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just to point out, I don't play in the BRDS clan, but I still post there :)

I might join them for a game or two when I'm lucky :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Just to clarify, this thread was originally meant for any user on boards.ie who played against another user on boards.ie to discuss their games from the previous night. Over time it developed into a BRDS clan thread simply because it was mostly BRDS clan members posting in it.

However, this thread should be inclusive of everyone that plays on XBox, regardless of clan, same with the Playstation thread. You never know, by being inclusive you guys might eventually decide to play a few friendly games and discover that you actually can get along!

To be honest I hate it when people call the guys who play together here the BRDS clan.. I don't call myself that and only one or two people wear that tag.

I only jump into games with the lads on here every once in a while and the rest of the time I play with my mates...

An honest question here to the people that play together, would you call us a clan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

To be honest I hate it when people call the guys who play together here the BRDS clan.. I don't call myself that and only one or two people where that tag.

I only jump into games with the lads on here every once in a while and the rest of the time I play with my mates...

An honest question here to the people that play together, would you call us a clan?

I wouldn't.

r3nu4l wrote: »

Fair enough, I was just agreeing with Ade's post. I'm in favour with getting along, after all, I didn't watch barney the dinosaur for years as a kid without picking up a few tips on the way ;)

To be honest I hate it when people call the guys who play together here the BRDS clan.. I don't call myself that and only one or two people wear that tag.

Nope we are more a group of super individuals who occasionly gather together for pub bashing :) and we have no entry requirements.
    I shouldn't have called us a clan, I was just comparing to IRL

Agreed , although its been a few months since i played with boardies ,when i did play i never thoughtof it as being in a clan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Oh I know but I'm trying to distinguish between a group who play together often and the few people who post here occasionally having joined in only one or two games.

I don't think it's fair to restrict the thread to people who have only played games with a recognised group of regular players.

If IRL want to post here about their games I'm cool with that and everyone else should be too, no pot-shots!!

OK, now that we're done with all this sh1te:
    129191434233162503.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Speaking for myself I'd guage that most of us players came together with the intention of playing with other boards players rather than having to make friends by chance encounters in xbox lobbies. There have been members who've started out playing MW2 and continued into B:OPs and probably MW3. Others have dropped out after MW2 and others have joined only in B:OPs and no doubt others will join or drop out come MW3.

I think we're more a loose affiliation of players but for the sake of simplicity it's simpler to say BRDS clan rather than BRDS loose affiliation of COD players past, present and future.

Clan has the (IMO negative) connotation that it is a professional serious players only. Some players skill levels are certainly that good, but others aren't concerned about their stats and couldn't care less. As long as you're helping the team, everyone will respect you. You may get a slagging if you call in a chopper blocker or skip the chopper queue but pretty much everyone I've played with in the thread I'd gladly have a pint with (except Floyd!). A better description is BRDS group.

Personally I'm completely happy with the way it is, wheras others are considering Gamebattles and no doubt others just play for the group experience. It's not professional, it's not amateur, it's not all encompassing but hopefully it's always enjoyable for those who play and for those thinking of joining in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

yimrsg wrote: »
    Speaking for myself I'd guage that most of us players came together with the intention of playing with other boards players rather than having to make friends by chance encounters in xbox lobbies. There have been members who've started out playing MW2 and continued into B:OPs and probably MW3. Others have dropped out after MW2 and others have joined only in B:OPs and no doubt others will join or drop out come MW3.

I think we're more a loose affiliation of players but for the sake of simplicity it's simpler to say BRDS clan rather than BRDS loose affiliation of COD players past, present and future.

Clan has the (IMO negative) connotation that it is a professional serious players only. Some players skill levels are certainly that good, but others aren't concerned about their stats and couldn't care less. As long as you're helping the team, everyone will respect you. You may get a slagging if you call in a chopper blocker or skip the chopper queue but pretty much everyone I've played with in the thread I'd gladly have a pint with (except Floyd!). A better description is BRDS group.

Personally I'm completely happy with the way it is, wheras others are considering Gamebattles and no doubt others just play for the group experience. It's not professional, it's not amateur, it's not all encompassing but hopefully it's always enjoyable for those who play and for those thinking of joining in.
    Well said!

Anyone miss that chnkylvr699? :( :pac:

He was mad craic on mw2!

Finical wrote: »
    Well said!

Anyone miss that chnkylvr699? :( :pac:

He was mad craic on mw2!

he went over to te dark side .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Shammy wrote: »
    he went over to te dark side .

Battlefield??? :D

Advertisement