Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Shammy wrote: »
    he went over to te dark side .

I thought I played with him !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Look at the end of the day ye should all feel lucky that ye have the privilege of playing with such a beast as myself.

In fact I'm so great I think I should have both parachutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

IPAM wrote: »
    Battlefield??? :D

Worse he got a Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That's only because I'm underage Yimrag :P

Also, I'm convinced that Perrin is not a human (or god) but rather a Simpsons quoting machine.

''Only I may dance''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Finical wrote: »
    Well said!

Anyone miss that chnkylvr699? :( :pac:

He was mad craic on mw2!

I miss Chunky. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

We went mad the other day messing about with tomohawks, shotguns and no-scopes to make the games a bit more interesting. This clip is one of the results. My first ever intentional long rang tomohawk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

x43r0 wrote: »
    We went mad the other day messing about with tomohawks, shotguns and no-scopes to make the games a bit more interesting. This clip is one of the results. My first ever intentional long rang tomohawk :D

Oh man, that is epic! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

x43r0 wrote: »

Double homahawk, sweet. Tis a great feeling landing a long-range homahawk to someone's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Enigma IE wrote:
    Tis a great feeling landing a long-range homahawk to someone's face.

I agree :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

double tomohawks?I got that beat :D this is one of the few clips i ever uploaded playing blops when i still played it, one of my faves though, I actually had more tomo kills in this match but couldnt fit them in the clip :pac:

edit: and a long range one for the lulz:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

That's what I'm talking about biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

using the FAL in Hardcore matches, so much fcuking win, its a 1-2 shot kill, its like having a semi auto sniper rifle

X, Ross, Muse, Arron and myself were on for a bit earlier, utter rape in TDM.

CFC came on and it was himself and myself in TDM for a while, K/D went up by .02 over the course of maybe a dozen games, raaaaaaaaaaaaape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Stay on topic, 20 posts deleted. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I've a good 10 instances of getting double tomohawks up close (you'd want to once you've thrown nearly 11,000 of them!) but I'm still trying to get double tomohawks across the map :(

Gotten some crazy ones aswell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

The T Dawg is back!!!

CORaven wrote: »
    The T Dawg is back!!!

I was just coming on to say that! Signed in for a few minutes when myself and Ghandi were playing MW2.

Played against a party for a few games, plenty of danger close but even with it and their numbers they couldn't pub stomp. Felt a little :o for them TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

CORaven wrote: »
    The T Dawg is back!!!

Do you mean Ghandi?! :confused::pac:

FunkZ wrote: »
    Do you mean Ghandi?! :confused::pac:

No, though Ghandi is back as well!

TopDawgKilla (or something to that effect) is a Yank who's based in Germany and who we often play with. The man is a bit of a hero, often playing drunk and singing as we kick ass. Occasionally lets his wife play too. Also in the USAF.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I liked the conversations we could still hear over the mic between him and his wife.Yesterday he was getting pushed into watching Love and other drugs,poor lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Cossax wrote: »

TopDawgKilla (or something to that effect) is a Yank who's based in Germany and who we often play with. The man is a bit of a hero, often playing drunk and singing as we kick ass. Occasionally lets his wife play too. Also in the USAF.

I remember one night of the wife playing, did she play again?
    Myself and himself stayed up for all hours the night Black Ops came out, another night with Halo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Cossax wrote: »

Hahaha how did ye meet him, in a random lobby or what?

Ghandi and TopDawg are absolute legends. Great to see them back

Although I can't for the life of me tell you how we came across them. Anyone remember?

I remember the night we picked up TDawg in MW2, was a small war going on in the lobby and TDawg was asking questions about Ireland/Irish and such, not sure who invited him but we left the lobby to reform and he came along too.

Ghandi was friends with..I forget his GT, Ryan something or other was his actual name. Hupt clantag anyways. Not sure how we came across him, might have been friends with someone?

Also, Ghandi got married in his enforced absence. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Yeah ghandi got married around paddy's day and he never came back on xbox live for ages, top dawg joined in back towards the end of mw2 but I joined in around then so it could be that he was around playing with people on here before. Both sound lads and always good for slagging other people in the lobby. Ryan is now kaplonks I think, I haven't played with him for ages so I might be wrong.

I guessed that either ghandi's missus had banned him from xbox live once he got married or had taken his xbox and gamer card as part of a hasty separation. Still remember him playing a game with his soon to be wife in the background talking about what food they're getting for the wedding and him trying to communicate with us what the enemy was up to!

For starters there is a rocket salad with strella dressing and for mains smoked salmon on a bed of famas-hed potatoes.

yimrsg wrote: »
    rocket salad with strella dressing........famas-hed potatoes.

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

yimrsg wrote: »
    Yeah ghandi got married around paddy's day and he never came back on xbox live for ages, top dawg joined in back towards the end of mw2 but I joined in around then so it could be that he was around playing with people on here before. Both sound lads and always good for slagging other people in the lobby. Ryan is now kaplonks I think, I haven't played with him for ages so I might be wrong.

I guessed that either ghandi's missus had banned him from xbox live once he got married or had taken his xbox and gamer card as part of a hasty separation. Still remember him playing a game with his soon to be wife in the background talking about what food they're getting for the wedding and him trying to communicate with us what the enemy was up to!

For starters there is a rocket salad with strella dressing and for mains smoked salmon on a bed of famas-hed potatoes.

Ghandi RRODed. And then, magically, a family member got a new XBox360 for their birthday from Ghandi and he was back online with us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

After the private games that turned into a mess, calling a game mode zombies and having 500% speed, and gunship with 6 kills was novel at first.

So here is the ruleset for my game based on the movie predator. I probably didn't explain it very well at the start but it's like James Bond. 1 Predator vs X Soldiers. Soldier who is last alive or kills the Predator becomes the Predator for the next round. And yes I did try and use facepaint on the soldiers where relevant so Dutch does have Dutch facepaint and Billy has Apache etc.

Predators
    200% health, very fast health regeneration, double damage, fast movement and sprint.
    Ghost pro/warlord pro/ninja pro. Tomahawks/willy pete/motion sensor.
    3 weapon class types:
    1) Psg - Infra Red Sight & Silencer. Ballistic Knife.
    2) Fal - Infra Red Sight & Silencer. Ballistic Knife.
    3) Fal - Reflex Sight & Silencer. Ballistic Knife. Yes as Coraven asked it's the sight with the 3 dots just like the movies.

Dutch: Get to the Chopper!
    500px-PredatorSP1-2.jpg
    150% health. Frag/Decoy/C4.
    Commando - Grenade Launcher. Crossbow.
    Scavenger/Warlord/Tactical Mask.

Dillon: You saying that Blain and Hawkins were killed by a f**king lizard? That's a bullsh*t psyche job. There's two to three men out there at the most. F**king lizard.
    500px-PredatorHK94chopped-11.jpg
    Long Second Chance duration and concussion grenades. Frag/Concussion/Claymore.
    Kiparis - Dual wield. M1911 upgraded sights.
    Scavenger/Steady Aim/Second Chance.

Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.
    500px-PredatorMossberg500-5.jpg
    Only soldier with Ninja. Semtex/Decoy/C4.
    Commando - Shotgun. Cz75 upgraded sights.
    Scavenger/Hardened Pro/Ninja.

Mac: You're ghostin' us, motherf**ker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?
    500px-PredatorM60E3-2.jpg
    Default. Frag/Decoy/Claymore.
    M60 - Grip. Cz75 upgraded sights.
    Scavenger/Hardened/Tactical Mask.

Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.
    500px-PredatorM134handheld-2.jpg
    Default. Frag/Decoy/C4
    M60 - Grip and Extended Ammo. Cz75 upgraded sights.
    Scavenger/Warlord/Tactical Mask.

Note: since it's not possible to have a death machine I had to use the M60 again as a substitute.

Pancho: She says the jungle... it just came alive and took him
    500px-PredatorHK94chopped-2.jpg
    Increased explosive damage. One of only 2 soldiers with Scavenger Pro. Sextex/Decoy/C4.
    Kiparis - extended magazines. China Lake.
    Scavenger Pro/Steady Aim/Tactical Mask

Hawkins: See, cuz of the echo.
    500px-PredatorHK94chopped-4.jpg
    Only soldier with Marathon & Flash grenades. One of only 2 soldiers with Scavenger Pro. Frag/Flash/Claymore.
    Kiparis - extended magazines. Cz75 upgraded sights.
    Scavenger Pro/Steady Aim/Marathon.

Game Rules
    Soldiers are restricted to up beside C dom, (Get to the Choppa!) and are unable to cross water. Move to within the red outline and stay there. You are allowed up on the rock.

Predator spawns near yellow and soldiers spawn near purple.

The Predator should wait for a few seconds to allow the soldiers to get into position before attacking. But you don't have to.
    161863.jpg

Soldiers can run around underneath the rock without crossing water but you're pretty exposed.

Since the soldiers have good weapons, the Predator has access to spyplanes after 2,3,4 kills so that you can plan your attack.

It's probably impossible for players to each pick a unique character but I included them anyways. Rather than everyone having the same generic soldier it hopefully adds something to the game. I made it so that even the guys using the Kiparis had something unique so people might choose them.

Advice as the Predator
    Stay back at first, try get a spyplane in so you can plan your next attack. Use the willy pete and see through it with the Infra red to attack on your terms. Once there are only a few left think about a direct assault and using the ballistic knives and tomahawks. Even with 200% health your not invincible. Watch out for explosives, in particular Pancho's china lake which is increased damage. The FAL has 60 rounds to the PSGs 20 and it's clip size is substantially larger so you're better off picking the FAL if there are large numbers of soldiers.

Advice as the Soldiers
    Use your equipment, the predator can't see your equipment. Use C4 and claymores to protect exposed flanks. You should be better at middle range than the Predator so try fighting only at distances that favour you. You all have scavenger so you can replenish from fallen comrades.

I might have made some mistakes and edited bits, it was reflecting friendly fire by mistake so I removed that part. I think it's on my fileshare as TDM in slot 5 but I can't be sure. It probably needs changing as Floyd was giving out about the Infra red sights so I might change the Infra Red PSG to the FAL with ACOG so there are 3 choices available.

Weapons and character images were from here:
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Predator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Savage! Can't wait to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Great to see Ghandi and Top Dawg back... and more sightings of Furious too!? Weird goings on ;)

Have been playing Red Dead so hope to pop on later for some Black OPs :D

Advertisement