Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Agreed, last nights games were really good fun. It's nice to have the option of how ya want to finish a game :)

I got a really nice double tomahawk kill (well, I thought it looked good). Will try get it uploaded later but only if it actually looks in anyways decent :p

BTW, Frank, you're the man at hiding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

BTW, Frank, you're the man at hiding!

I try :D I always wonder, since there's Search and Destroy in COD, why isn't there Hide and Seek? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Some good sessions of MW2 today, rape all around.

Was in a ridiculous lobby just after Benrobjon left. :D
    My last 2 rounds on Saturday.

5871500962_7862717af7.jpg

5871500838_176ebb359e.jpg

4 on playing MW2 if anyone wants to join

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Yeah I'll come on.

• Advertisement

5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I was playing BLOPS last night againts some randoms. Guy on opposing team called in a hind, I died 5 or 6 times trying to get a lock on it and bring it down with my Strela.

Everytime I tried to get a lock on it, a message came up saying "Cannot get a lock on target" (or similar), even though I had a crystal clear view of it. It was very strange. The guys stats didn't add up either.

Has anyone seen this or something similar? He raped with the hind but nobody on my team could take it down, same message I was getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ugh,played like sh1te on MW2 there, problem with playing Hardcore is going back to normal mode you dont drop people as quick, "two rounds down you go-oooh no why are you still alive!, blam, dead"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

This thread actually slipped back a page.. 1st time I've seen it do that...

Should probably throw something in about last night....

My K/D went up by .03 last night :)

Nearly at 4 W/L and 2 K/D :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Making the big switch to London-Town so I don't expect to be playing for at least 2 weeks or as long as it takes to get internet set up :(

Just jumped on for a few games there, no one online. Decided to have a go at mercenary TDM on my tobler. Left after 2 games.

My team was as useful as a white crayon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I hear ya brother.

I played a bit at the weekend just for the double points (considering I shoulda been out in the glorious sunshine) for a game or two of Dom.

I was the only, and I mean only one capping or even trying to.. not to mention taking down spy planes.

We were getting whopped... I managed to get a few captures, then held down B, got a few kills.

Ran back, called in the care-package, bit of hard earned good luck - dogs! Called them in, stuck my runner class on and went capping...

Next thing, the other side's host dashboarded.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Just jumped on for a few games there, no one online. Decided to have a go at mercenary TDM on my tobler. Left after 2 games.

My team was as useful as a white crayon.

Racist :P

I always knew it sucked to play on your own but I mean that was just silly behaviour. It boggles the mind what these guys are thinking. Understandable (ish) if they were sitting back for KS's that they could use at a later time in the game to help, but no. That would only be usefull.

I'll just stick to playing in parties from now on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

was playing dom on Hazard last night an dit was a joke. I tried to Cap b twice but the other team were pretty much all snipers so that was a pain. to make it all worse they all hung back in their spawn, one maybe two venturing out a little to cover their flanks. bloody gamed ended a draw 62-48 to us. no one managed to cap B at all, well i tried a few times didnt see anyone else trying at all after the inital rush toward it bloody useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Most multiplayer fps are dire solitary experiences when you've played with a group for a while. Playing regularly together is a far more enjoyable than slogging it out with halfwits. The competitive tdm playlists like pure or barebones are much more enjoyable then mercenary, you still get p*ss poor teammates but I'm better at accepting defeat when I play on them for whatever reason, possibly because teammate ineptitude doesn't automatically lead to blackbirds/choppers/dogs, only spyplanes (ghost or strella) napalm (flak jacket pro) or chopper blockers (ghost or strella).

I've become bored of black ops of late and started converting people on to bad company 2. It's a slower paced game but you can have some laugh with it (providing you get a near full lobby). You still get dopes in your squad that won't play objectively and snipe from a mile back but you can at least spoil their fun by spamming smoke grenades at them and blocking their view to make you feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Faolchu wrote: »
    was playing dom on Hazard last night an dit was a joke. I tried to Cap b twice but the other team were pretty much all snipers so that was a pain. to make it all worse they all hung back in their spawn, one maybe two venturing out a little to cover their flanks. bloody gamed ended a draw 62-48 to us. no one managed to cap B at all, well i tried a few times didnt see anyone else trying at all after the inital rush toward it bloody useless

I'd imagine smoke nades are essential on hazard, from the vids I've seen anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Magill wrote: »
    I'd imagine smoke nades are essential on hazard, from the vids I've seen anyway.

Indeed. Still looks bloody difficult though have watched a couple of the vids. Not a map to play Dom on your lonesome. Imagine HQ in the middle of it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

It's been 5 days without X Box Live, the first three hours of realisation I can only to compare to that of Nicotine withdrawal :(

• Advertisement

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    This episode is doing my head in, keep getting Danger closer games. -_-

MW3 better have spawn time noob tube constraint, no noobtubing for the first 10 seconds of your life.

Is that not taking an idea from Treyarch!? IW surely won't do that, everything they do is original as I was once told.. case in point survival mode! :)

At least we were told Noobtubes would be nerfed. :pac:

I'll believe when I see it :)

Fool me once................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'll believe when I see it :)

Fool me once................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I have reached 24 kills about 7 times today and everytime the 25th guy always has painkiller I mean always!

I know painkiller is gone in MW3 but for christ sake it takes 5 seconds to exit a spawn not 10

MLCers with painkiller around B Dom or even towards whichever of A/C you're spawning at is ridiculous, run into it far too often. :mad:

MLCers might get me once every couple of games (Sit Rep Pro FTW) but how the hell are you supposed to deal with a near invulnerable guy who can teleport at you?

On behalf of myself and Ross I would just like to say we absolutely schooled some English chap tonight... Was fantastic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Much thanks to Seamus, managed to get through the Shangri-La plot thanks to him. It was a long 2.5hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

23 killstreak and Host lags out, I have 20MB broadband and nothing except capture software is open yet i'm not host, thank you, just thanks. -_-

It's Ireland.....Our broadband isn't the best in the world.

UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Worst fail I've had in a while. Using the rocket launcher to clear out that room that always has snipers. And this happens...

Edit: Just started my first prestige which is why I'm using a 'noob tube' I'd usually have a crossbow :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Good games last night on MW2 with the lads, and the Black Ops later.. Frustrating as MW2 was, it was nice for a (brief) change.

It is infinitely better in a group - that is for sure!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Dropped a Nuke yesterday :D

Advertisement