Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Tonight inspired me with this -_-

def959ed-220a-483c-85d4-fbbd16ba7ac1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Really enjoyed last nights play, nice to be back on Black Ops (yes I said that, all you haters) and especially a few game modes that we normally wouldn't play... Always find it more enjoyable when challenged and working in a team :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Couldn't agree more. Playing Dom day in day out is a bit boring. Few more game modes was well in order. CTF was quite enjoyable, even if we did lose a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Mw2 anyone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I miss staying in playing COD, it hasn't been a week here yet and I already manage to end up in A and E. Slipped and whacked my chin off a ****ing Fuzzball table, had to get stitches, ****!

• Advertisement

You're on the right track to selling yourself for loose change :P

then he'll be getting stiches elsewhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The return is nigh........

August 10th will be the day of judgment and pwnage of all n00bs in CoD land

Repent now or suffer the wrath of my sniper rifle ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

You make it sound like the Undertaker is fighting in Wrestlemania playing COD.

We got raped. Absolutely raped. Twice. In dom

Fair enough, we were caught off guard the first time and some people may have been running high killstreaks. Second game we trounced them. Third game, they stuck it to us. I got DC'd when the game was about 76-160 (?)

Apologies.

First time since playing with boardsies (~2 years) that I remember being spawn trapped... Needless to say, it sucked losing.

Kind of opened my eyes a bit though at how **** it is to be spawn trapped. I think I'm going to stick with TDM from now on. Spawn trapping people in Dom/Demo was getting boring anyways. Team Tac is good fun so I'll be playing that too. It'll take a while to get used to losing more than 2 games in a day :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah in the 14 or so days I've played on black ops they were the best encountered. They were just so good tactically that even if we matched them kill for kill they knew how to win at all costs. Setting up 2 motion sensors in summit and wmd behind B and head glitching with flak jacket/tac mask is certainly very effective.

I'd still play them again (especially with a decent connection) in an instant. You'd learn far more from them in one game tactically than 100 other games. I'd love to know what callouts they used as there were times when they seemed like they had a blackbird up when we had them counterspyed.

From what I saw in the kill cams over the games, I think 2 players ran flak jacket/sleight of hand/tac mask pro with and motion sensors and another ran lightweight/sleight of hand/ninja or hacker and might have used a tac insert. Also they all used the same gun and attachments at the same time so they'd have a kind of scavenger. The highest killstreak they called in was blackbird and the rest seemed to be sam turrets/spyplanes/napalm/carepackages.

I'd love a game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Watch it in theatre mode sure. Learn their tricks and send them a challenge.

They were extremely well prepared. They had 2 players, centre based, looking at/around both flags they had. The rest of the team went out for kills using spy, c spy and napalm while the other 2 defenders had spy, c spy and blackbird. In all my combined COD gameplay I'm yet to come up against a team as organised as them. The first game against them I went something like 13-44 and can honestly say, I don't think I've died that much ever on black ops or MW2 in one game.

I just don't see us ever being as organised and well planned out as them. Would love to play them again though with a prepped team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

They were extremely well prepared. They had 2 players, centre based, looking at/around both flags they had. The rest of the team went out for kills using spy, c spy and napalm while the other 2 defenders had spy, c spy and blackbird. In all my combined COD gameplay I'm yet to come up against a team as organised as them. The first game against them I went something like 13-44 and can honestly say, I don't think I've died that much ever on black ops or MW2 in one game.

I just don't see us ever being as organised and well planned out as them. Would love to play them again though with a prepped team.

I wonder is that, in part of least, because most boardies are rather good individual players. Once you have 6 good individual players, you don't need much teamword to crap all over randoms/smaller parties/even most opposition full parties. While we might make the occasional call-out, I don't think it's even constant or that our Dom behavior (bar maybe Highrise on MW2 and even then not always) is hugely organised bar boxing them into their flag...though we often push into the spawn and flip them out.

Cossax wrote: »
    I wonder is that, in part of least, because most boardies are rather good individual players. Once you have 6 good individual players, you don't need much teamword to crap all over randoms/smaller parties/even most opposition full parties. While we might make the occasional call-out, I don't think it's even constant or that our Dom behavior (bar maybe Highrise on MW2 and even then not always) is hugely organised bar boxing them into their flag...though we often push into the spawn and flip them out.

I think that it's probably something that you need to develop over time and would be far easier in a smaller group. Since there are about 20 players of black ops that I regularly play with it's impossible (and completely mean) to exclude some solely for the sake of advancing 6 players plus subs to a level of familiarity in teamplay where they'd be competitive against that team last night. More often than not in a random lobby, there will be blackbirds or spyplanes or enough vague callouts that will scupper the opposition from dominating.

I don't doubt the skills or aptitude at black ops of some of the guys who I've played with but since there are precious little opportunities of tough matches occurring in match making by chance that require good teamwork it was always going to be a jump up. For what was an assortment of random boardsies and non boardsies against what I can only presume was a near/full strength team of familiar competitive players we did at least win once against them quite convincingly and only lost the first game by of dom by less than 10 points. It was on maps that spawn traps easily occur that they were far superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Triple cap , no matter how much they are in the lead or organised they are, triple cap them. By triple capping they will spawn in different areas (if you do it right just 2) and you want to keep them spawning in both areas not just one.

Shammy wrote: »
    Triple cap , no matter how much they are in the lead or organised they are, triple cap them. By triple capping they will spawn in different areas (if you do it right just 2) and you want to keep them spawning in both areas not just one.

They were that good at coordinating defends, captures and general map control that double (let alone triple) capping wasn't possible at certain points. You can't double cap let alone a triple cap in some maps against a coordinated team. They had spawn trapping down as a fine art.

For instance in Summit, we were pegged back in A dom spawn and not once did I or notice anyone else on the team spawn upstairs in the server room overlooking B or downstairs next to C. They totally stopped that from happening for long periods which was mightily impressive (just not at the time!).

I hope I didn't make any boardies playing Dom on Trailer Park against me rage-quit. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

The extent of my call outs are "white trailer", "top wood" and "shooting range" on Firing Range. After that, I'm just like:

"He's over there, behind that, am..thing" :o

Anyways, if we do come across good teams again, these might help: http://tiny.cc/p416b

Great craic last night playing until a rediculous hour, some Dom, TDM and Search and Destroy. Particularly enjoyed the latter, made me slow the hell down and far more tense, especially when you were last man standing.

Kudos to Ross on Nuketown - 81-1 on Dom!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

everlast75 wrote: »
    then he'll be getting stiches elsewhere....

I'm back :(

Splitting my face open was a pretty big downer, I was expecting a hospital bill for a cat scan and stitches, but luckily I got an E111 form backdated!

On the plus side, gonna play a lot of COD :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I hope I didn't make any boardies playing Dom on Trailer Park against me rage-quit. :p

that was me and i apologise i lagged out and if you notice was replaced straight away by someone else so i had to wait untill the game was over.

also.....fcuk you :mad: only put that harrier up and it was in pieces on the ground

Couple of games of S'n'D last night - seriously impeeded by the lack of headphones.. but did manage to tomahawk for the win... twice :P

Beat that Paddyman! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

sierra117x wrote: »
    that was me and i apologise i lagged out and if you notice was replaced straight away by someone else so i had to wait untill the game was over.

also.....fcuk you :mad: only put that harrier up and it was in pieces on the ground

Captain DB biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

fjsanchez wrote: »
    The extent of my call outs are "white trailer", "top wood" and "shooting range" on Firing Range. After that, I'm just like:

"He's over there, behind that, am..thing" :o

Anyways, if we do come across good teams again, these might help: http://tiny.cc/p416b

Do ya know any websites where ya can look at black ops maps?
    Blank maps will do like

sierra117x wrote: »

I always take out any KS that's killed me, think you got me with the bomb run!

Trailer Park is an epic map, love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Do ya know any websites where ya can look at black ops maps?
    Blank maps will do like

http://hxcfps.com/guides/94-call-of-duty-black-ops/143-multiplayer-maps-guide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I always take out any KS that's killed me, think you got me with the bomb run!

Trailer Park is an epic map, love it.
    glad i got you at least once so:cool:

not a fan of it too much tubing its as bad as rundown. prefer the bigger maps for the likes of dom

Fed up playing on perpetual 2 bar on black ops. 500,000 people on and despite doing local only searches we get thrown into American lobbies. Jev and me were on before hand and 90% of matches of team tac were 4 on 1 and us spawning into dogs on nuketown. 3 games in a row we got thrown into matches half over and with no hope of winning.

A few others came on to make a full party and still we're getting thrown into American lobbies. People with better internet connection get booted from the party and Ross, Everlast and me get left there. 8 months after release and Treyarch are still fcuking up the matchmaking all for nothing.

Turned off the console and finished reading Dune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yimrsg wrote: »
    Fed up playing on perpetual 2 bar on black ops. 500,000 people on and despite doing local only searches we get thrown into American lobbies. Jev and me were on before hand and 90% of matches of team tac were 4 on 1 and us spawning into dogs on nuketown. 3 games in a row we got thrown into matches half over and with no hope of winning.

A few others came on to make a full party and still we're getting thrown into American lobbies. People with better internet connection get booted from the party and Ross, Everlast and me get left there. 8 months after release and Treyarch are still fcuking up the matchmaking all for nothing.

Turned off the console and finished reading Dune.

Are any of you guys on UPC ? I read a few times that the routing on the UPC network is quite dodgy.. tracert'ing UK IP's showing the connection routing through the US and back...

Advertisement