Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Magill wrote: »
    Are any of you guys on UPC ? I read a few times that the routing on the UPC network is quite dodgy.. tracert'ing UK IP's showing the connection routing through the US and back...

No on vodafone, had a few speedtest results last week where the fastest connection varied between galway, milton keynes and derry despite being in dublin. Vodafone did some tweeking and it's better now.

So the only thing it can be is Treyarch messing up something in matchmaking. I've noticed it's gotten a lot harder to find games of late. For whatever reason they probably "fixed" this by being less selective with what searches and instead just chuck people into games. Truly brilliant strategists and thinkers in Treyarch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Team Tactical is my new favourite thing to play on Black Ops.

Absolutely great craic last night with Perrin and Frank!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

How can randoms be so awful? Just won a game of Dom on Wasteland and I went even (12-12) while my team went 20-26, 5-11, 5-20, 3-16 and 2-10. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Last night was honestly one of the funniest nights ever on the Xbox with Perrin and Lazy (along with Lazy's friends and also Micro for a while). The amount of ****e-talking was phenomenal, we were like the auld wans down the back of the church on a Sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Finally got net but lost BLOPS :rolleyes: will be on MW2 later if anyone is up for a game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

IPAM wrote: »
    Finally got net but lost BLOPS :rolleyes: will be on MW2 later if anyone is up for a game!

Lynx sorry to add insult to injury but you've been so long without internet, I have honestly forgetton what you sound like :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

After last night's rapping.. I just realised I've seen Floyd before....

366130.jpg

everlast75 wrote: »
    After last night's rapping.. I just realised I've seen Floyd before....

That's him aged 5 years. I'd say he still can't grow bumfluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Care packages, care packages and more care packages.....I never want to see another care package again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

My net installation got pushed back a week so won't be in until the 19th

The prophecy will have to wait :(

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Lynx sorry to add insult to injury but you've been so long without internet, I have honestly forgetton what you sound like :P

Its like when my mic was f**ked, "LYNXS words of wisdom" :D

everlast75 wrote: »

Great tune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Great tune :)

I told yis! Better than smooth Criminal.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I told yis! Better than smooth Criminal.

That's a given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That's a given.

HEY! Get out of here ya bollocks, you don't have the charm to be an X Box player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

:pac:

If anyone is wondering why I'm gonna be such a beast at this game today and continuously get awesome killstreaks like RCXD's and Valkyrie Rockets well... it's 'cause I'll be listening to this on repeat in the background.

Turned ye old xbox and couldn't decide what game out of black ops and mw2 to play.

Spent about 4 hours on mw2 with Ben, Paddyman and Furious and it was mostly good. Pretty much all the guns in the game are brilliant. Chuck in stopping power and some become unreal. Pretty much most of the time using the p90 unlocking attachments, running around like a twat with MLN on dom. One or two times I'd use the barrett, aug or tar as a little treat to myself.

Also managed to get host briefly for half a game, pretty sure that's never happened since black ops launched. Though that could be a mark against MW2's choice of host! Sorry to the lads I couldn't talk much, it's much tougher to hear you all speak on MW2 vs blackops so I only communicate in swearwords. Might have a look at my preferences and see if I've messed them up.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Sorry to the lads I couldn't talk much, it's much tougher to hear you all speak on MW2 vs blackops so I only communicate in swearwords. Might have a look at my preferences and see if I've messed them up.

The mic sound quality on MW2 is awful! Not sure what the story is there but a few of us had a good bitching session about it anyways...

The mic sound quality on MW2 is awful! Not sure what the story is there but a few of us had a good bitching session about it anyways...

It would be sorted if we could have party chat. I've got both my mic and game chat coming in to my headphones at a single volume so I can either deafen myself from gunfire and killstreaks listening to the chatter or barely hear whats going on.

I reckon it's somehow Floyds fault and we've lost hearing capabilities from prolonged exposure.

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    I reckon it's somehow Floyds fault...

It's always Floyds fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Decided to play play MW2 for a change last night. I was on my own which is rarely enjoyable. Went into DOM, second game in on Favela, was 17-0 with Nuke turned on - had already called in Chopper Gunner was playing defensive looking for that last 8 kills.

Next I know, guy on my own team started following me, shooting randomly to give away my position. Followed me through a few buildings until I got killed eventually but one of the lads on other team.

I fail to understand the mentality of the guy on my team. Why intentionally spoil your team-mates kill streak?

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Decided to play play MW2 for a change last night. I was on my own which is rarely enjoyable. Went into DOM, second game in on Favela, was 17-0 with Nuke turned on - had already called in Chopper Gunner was playing defensive looking for that last 8 kills.

Next I know, guy on my own team started following me, shooting randomly to give away my position. Followed me through a few buildings until I got killed eventually but one of the lads on other team.

I fail to understand the mentality of the guy on my team. Why intentionally spoil your team-mates kill streak?

They're dícks. Forgot you were on last night, next time I see you on I'll send you an invite.

It's always Floyds fault

Floyd's reply is

"hey... Don't be hatin on the playah,
    And frontin like you somethin,

Just coz you be shot from everywhey-ah,
    de enemies - spaaaaaaazzzzz, they be a pumpin...

It's not my fault you be slayin - the reason is you noobs,
    MAAaaaannn.. I can't wait to get my pubes!

Word to my mamma!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

It's always Floyds fault

21d3c3dd-328f-4df3-9827-e466a142be67.jpg

If I wasn't in work I'd do a rage comic in return.

Instead, I'll just do your sister.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Bravo

*slow clap*

Enigma IE wrote: »

Not saying this was th case last night with you but.... If someone annoys me it can be fun to follow and shoot randomly :)

or get the whole team (when playing almost full party) to surround the player n not let him move, childish, maybe? Fun, definitely!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Instead, I'll just do your sister.

Untill she starts giving you your stats based on your performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

IPAM wrote: »
    Not saying this was th case last night with you but.... If someone annoys me it can be fun to follow and shoot randomly :)

or get the whole team (when playing almost full party) to surround the player n not let him move, childish, maybe? Fun, definitely!!! :P

I had some dope I was in a party with ('friend' of Kaos Watson, who some of you have played with and pretended you understood!) do that to me before, ran around behind me with akimbo G18s - thankfully I wasn't on for the nuke as I was running 5/7/11 but was 21-0 at that stage and it was annoying as hell.

I'll do it to someone if they were OMA DCing me in the last round and they're now on my team - shoot and give away their position, get in the way of their tubes and all that.

Advertisement