Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Found a load of ****e hosts on this yesterday. Albeit, it was in the middle of the day. Hit marker central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Fu*king Ghost Ahhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Few games with Peter, Yimrag and Lynx last night..

Kudos to lynx... two (count 'em) TWO I guess you could call them "pents"? Anyhoo, 5 frag kill off the A spawn towards C.. two games in a row!

God bless the 'tards that flocked to it each time :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I felt like John Rambo last night with all the multi-kills. Got triples, quads and double headshot collaterals with intervention, mpl, galil (headshot machine).

My favourite was the 5 in quick succession with the intervention. I would have got more but had to reload :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Those two quint grenades by lynx on summit were gas, you'd think people would know that you're horribly vulnerable at C dom same as A dom in Firing range and run flak jacket for their first life. I had a good run of kills with the mpl and rapid fire, took a while to get used to it but it was deadly up close.

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    Those two quint grenades by lynx on summit were gas, you'd think people would know that you're horribly vulnerable at C dom same as A dom in Firing range and run flak jacket for their first life. I had a good run of kills with the mpl and rapid fire, took a while to get used to it but it was deadly up close.

It's an unreal gun when you throw on rapid fire, SOH and Scavenger. It's my rushing class, beastly up close but you can do work at medium-longer range to once you get used to it

x43r0 wrote: »
    It's an unreal gun when you throw on rapid fire, SOH and Scavenger. It's my rushing class, beastly up close but you can do work at medium-longer range to once you get used to it

Yeah was using the exact same class, just point and shoot and people die. I've used the mp5, kiparis and other smgs with rapid fire but the mpl is on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Yeah was using the exact same class, just point and shoot and people die. I've used the mp5, kiparis and other smgs with rapid fire but the mpl is on another level.

Gave it a go last night, pretty decent actually!

Went on to Black Ops for a few games last night, was a bit better than I remember it. Groundwar, Dom and HQ - HQ is ridiculous for points.

Still plenty of knackers using ghost and second chance lying in corners though.
    And it's quite confusing seeing what you think is a sniper but it's just actually a Ghost user after playing MW2 almost exclusively for the past few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

x43r0 wrote: »
    I felt like John Rambo last night with all the multi-kills. Got triples, quads and double headshot collaterals with intervention, mpl, galil (headshot machine).

My favourite was the 5 in quick succession with the intervention. I would have got more but had to reload :D

I'm confused?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm confused?

I'd imagine it's the L96, your easily confused...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

IPAM wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's the L96, your easily confused...

Or the WA or Dragunov? I didn't know what he meant.

It's Black Ops not MW2.

"easily confused" bullsh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Apologies to Jon, X, Yimrag and Mark - my net is all over the shop.
    Even crapped out while I was typing this post!

Pretty much went through all the CoD series last night (except WaW) with loads of people from here and have to say that CoD4 is a dream for the most part, apart from the occasional hacked lobby, insane spawns or host ending game it's still the yardstick for the series in how to make a balanced fair game.

Black ops approaches it in parts but it feels like you're underpowered, whether guns are weaker, hit detection isn't right, perks and equipment don't work when they should and there is still too much host advantage. Very often we've played against teams on full four bars and have 1 bar for ourselves.

Mw2 has very powerful guns and killstreaks and a very fast pace but you feel vulnerable at all times, any moment a (good or) bad player can kill you simply because he's got a better gun (or noobtube). What I find is that skill is overwhelmed by power. One thing IW trounce treyarch on is the connection.

CoD4 is all about the guns first and even though there was less than 3500 players on it last night (about 400 in a busy playlist) the connections were largely decent and we came up against players from all over the world. You get plenty of options for perks to suite your style and no one gun is head and shoulders above another.

It saddens me thinking that mw3 style of play looks so far removed from the cod4 style and I know that I'll still have that urge to throw in a 4 year old game to clearly see how poorly the cod series has advanced. Halo CE is getting a redux why can't CoD4 get one? Give it a lick of paint, sort out the hacking, host migration, give us spec ops and a co-op campaign and we're sweet. CoD elite has been around for ages, it was just going by the name CoD 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Pretty much went through all the CoD series last night (except WaW) with loads of people from here and have to say that CoD4 is a dream for the most part, apart from the occasional hacked lobby, insane spawns or host ending game it's still the yardstick for the series in how to make a balanced fair game.

Black ops approaches it in parts but it feels like you're underpowered, whether guns are weaker, hit detection isn't right, perks and equipment don't work when they should and there is still too much host advantage. Very often we've played against teams on full four bars and have 1 bar for ourselves.

Mw2 has very powerful guns and killstreaks and a very fast pace but you feel vulnerable at all times, any moment a (good or) bad player can kill you simply because he's got a better gun (or noobtube). What I find is that skill is overwhelmed by power. One thing IW trounce treyarch on is the connection.

CoD4 is all about the guns first and even though there was less than 3500 players on it last night (about 400 in a busy playlist) the connections were largely decent and we came up against players from all over the world. You get plenty of options for perks to suite your style and no one gun is head and shoulders above another.

It saddens me thinking that mw3 style of play looks so far removed from the cod4 style and I know that I'll still have that urge to throw in a 4 year old game to clearly see how poorly the cod series has advanced. Halo CE is getting a redux why can't CoD4 get one? Give it a lick of paint, sort out the hacking, host migration, give us spec ops and a co-op campaign and we're sweet. CoD elite has been around for ages, it was just going by the name CoD 4.

Would it be worth picking up COD4 second hand and playing from scratch?

Would it be worth picking up COD4 second hand and playing from scratch?

Definitely, try get the game of the year version as that has all the map packs. The campaign is the best in the series and I can't think of a better introduction to the cod series. If you're planning on getting mw3 and doing the campaign you've simply got to experience cod4's campaign it's one of the best single player experiences you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Definitely, try get the game of the year version as that has all the map packs. The campaign is the best in the series and I can't think of a better introduction to the cod series. If you're planning on getting mw3 and doing the campaign you've simply got to experience cod4's campaign it's one of the best single player experiences you can do.

Cheers! I'll have to drop into game on the way home and see if I can pick it up for a song ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

bought it the other day 2nd hand in Gamestop, 27 euro! christ, well worth it playing it right now!

I'm confused?

I was playing both MW2 and Blops so yes, Intervention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Just got hot by the blast from the Nuke in the shock and awe mission in COD4!! Fantastic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

JULIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Some good fun with the lads on Black Ops and then on MW2 later.

I announced my arrival on the latter by appearing on the other team, killing Siera a number of times and taking down Harriers/spy planes :D We still lost, but it was worth it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

sierra117x wrote: »
    Who are you?

sierra117x wrote: »

I wanted to stab him with a plug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Think double XP starts at 18.00, will be on to try finish this prestige :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

sames. looking for someone to party up with for ze evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

There was a game we played Tonight and i'm 100% sure (like the rest of the party) The host was using a lag switch. I think he went 112? to 10 or something with a worse K/D than mine :L Everyone in the party went Negative i think? At one stage we was playing against two but couldn't get a shot anywhere near them.

Playing CoD4 all weekend... painfully slow to prestige!

I know its held as the holy grail by some as the best CoD, but there's a serious lack of choice of guns, perks and none with Killstreaks.. plus alot of the maps are pure sniping lobbies... Not to mention some of the spawning as being absolutely awful.

Anyhoo, working through it.

Apologies for the lack of a mike, damn batteries for the Turtle Beach headphones..

Yeah some games on COD4 are woeful but pretty much most of the maps are great to play on, good mix of open and tight areas to guard or flank. You've less choices for guns as in black ops but a lot more perk combinations to try out.

Also some of the perks really change the guns (double tap on m60 is insane) so there is more variety than first appears. Didn't see one person using 3x frags/sonic boom/martyrdom all night which used to drive me made on wetwork and other maps.

Considering there was about 1500 players online getting into a game and for it to be playable is remarkable in a 4 year old game that's been abandoned by it's makers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I sucked so bad last night, was going like 25-40 :(

Need to move my Xbox cos at the moment I'm hogging the TV from 4 others so that's I haven't been on much lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

So is everyone taking Tuesday off work? Pre-booked or a coincidental dose of food poisoning?

I've pre-booked a day, however probably won't bother picking it up at midnight, try and get a decent nights sleep then feast of COD and snacks on Tuesday day.

Beats a day in the office. biggrin.gif

Advertisement