Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Enigma IE wrote: »
    So is everyone taking Tuesday off work? Pre-booked or a coincidental dose of food poisoning?

I've pre-booked a day, however probably won't bother picking it up at midnight, try and get a decent nights sleep then feast of COD and snacks on Tuesday day.

Beats a day in the office. biggrin.gif

Got made redundant a few days ago so it'll be taking up all my time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Got made redundant a few days ago so it'll be taking up all my time :)

One door closes, another one opens dude!! You'll be beasting with all the daytime practice you will be able to do in the meantime !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So is everyone taking Tuesday off work? Pre-booked or a coincidental dose of food poisoning?

I've pre-booked a day, however probably won't bother picking it up at midnight, try and get a decent nights sleep then feast of COD and snacks on Tuesday day.

Beats a day in the office. biggrin.gif

I'm toying with the idea but have only 1 vacation day left to use for 2011.

Can't pull a sickie because my boss is a gamer (not CoD though) and knows MW3 is out that day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

One door closes, another one opens dude!! You'll be beasting with all the daytime practice you will be able to do in the meantime !

You trying to say I don't already!?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Anyone know the best price for BF3 in bricks and mortar shop, will be in town later and was gonna pick it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

IPAM wrote: »
    Anyone know the best price for BF3 in bricks and mirror shop, will be in town later and was gonna pick it up

HMV seems like the cheapest option for major games at the moment. Not exactly sure of the price tho

redman85 wrote: »
    HMV seems like the cheapest option for major games at the moment. Not exactly sure of the price tho

Sorry mods thought this was the OT thread :mad:

Cheers Pete will take a walk down Henry St afaik there's HMV and few game shops there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

anyone playing MW2 tonight? trying to get a prestige before next Tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

I think i've give up on the whole COD series after tonight was getting owned by guys that were apparently only playing for 2 hours etc, I don't think it's for me. Back to Football games i go ha!

Some good games yesterday with Happi. Somehow about 8 games of HQ on Stadium in a row!

Seems alot of people are going back to 74u rapid fire or maybe it's just me :confused:

it's taken me a while but I'm 15th and 49 :o should finish it handy enough between today and tomorrow :D will definitely be playing HQ on MW3, serious XP to be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

IPAM wrote: »
    Some good games yesterday with Happi. Somehow about 8 games of HQ on Stadium in a row!

Seems alot of people are going back to 74u rapid fire or maybe it's just me :confused:

it's taken me a while but I'm 15th and 49 :o should finish it handy enough between today and tomorrow :D will definitely be playing HQ on MW3, serious XP to be had

haha, everyone was voting for stadium and then when we went into the pre game lobby the host would change and stadium would come up everytime

I was about to go beast mode engaged there :L And the woman is watching Xfactor wtf! Is anyone on tonight?

going to go and try get a wired connection :)

ugglasdav wrote: »
    going to go and try get a wired connection :)

Where did you go? It's like everytime you leave everyone leaves ha!

How cool do people look doing them 720 Fakie QS things? Fools i have a feeling i aint going to like MW3 one bit as i didn't like MW2 at all. BO's has got that bad all Optip fanboys jumping of every roof.

Spike2010 wrote: »
    How cool do people look doing them 720 Fakie QS things? Fools i have a feeling i aint going to like MW3 one bit as i didn't like MW2 at all. BO's has got that bad all Optip fanboys jumping of every roof.

yea i can see quickscopers being abit of a problem if you come up against good ones, there is alot of people who try it and are no good, IMO they really only have one chance to shot you and if they miss you will generally kill them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

love finding a lobby full of Qs'rs. Always gives a healthy boost to yer kdr:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Got this congratulatory message last night on mw2:
    me cago en tu puta madre hijo de la gran puta
    which google translates tells me is this
    I shít in your f**king son of a bitch
    replied to him with this
    the chinese a great bunch of lads

He didn't respond.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Got this congratulatory message last night on mw2:

which google translates tells me is this
    I shít in your f**king son of a bitch
    replied to him with this

He didn't respond.

We certainly met some characters last night.

Took me the best part of 3 days to finally prestige in MW2. So frustrating at times, glad thats over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I won't be getting the game until tomorrow morning but I do intend on forcing some of the lads to be in groundwar so I can hear all the good and the bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just picked it up on the way into work (HMV Canary Wharf)

It warmed my cockles to see so many grown men in suits queuing up with the game in hand

I walked in with an almost clint eastwood like swagger.

Shop assistant: "you gotta queue mate"
    x43r0: "No I have it pre-ordered"
    Shop assistant:"Ok go up to the till so"
    Shop assistant 2: "Xbox or PS3?"
    x43r0: "Xbox.......... Hardened.."
    *awed hush from the queue and some staff as the last hardened edition is brought out from the back in a manner I can only assume required two keys to open as you would arming a nuke or something*

Played MW3 till about 5am.

Some really tough games. Some guy dash boarded so we got a loss for that and then another game we played a full clan all around level 50 (we were around level 5) we held our own but eventually their better weapons, perks, equipment, killstreaks got the better of us. its alot harder then black ops...you seem to die after 2 bullets.

Also that type 95 seems to be way overpowered, the range on the shotguns is outrageous seriously I thought it was a sniper at one stage and spy planes are so bloody hard to spot to shoot down.

Saying that I didnt get killed once by a noobtube or some guy camping with 10 claymores. Also love the fact that if your team has more then one spy plane up, it turns into an advanced UAV. Nice touch.

I'll be on most of the day after I go for a swim to wake me up.

anyone coming online?, haha

Anyone for MW2? :p

Nah, headin down to get it now, hopefully a few on when I get back :)

ugglasdav wrote: »
    anyone coming online?, haha

MW3?

yea :), just playing spec ops or what ever it's called, really good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

online now, benji87FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Major news from last night was Floyd does horseriding. And needs a very sturdy horse.

Hck8h.jpg

yoinked from YLYL here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Played til about 3 last night - like a Zombie (pun intended) this morning :(

Really enjoyed it - Redman and I were havin a bit of difficulty with the Elite screen, but Top Dawg sent invites and off we went :)

Really can't wait to play some more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ye hope to be on for around 7.30 this evening

Advertisement