Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Some brilliant games tonight with Furious, Elkat, Yimrag, Everlast, PeterJ and Hiplip... whatever your name is :D (could be missing 1)

Few tough games, plenty of Quads an triples :pac: and a bit of craic, what more could ya want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

IPAM wrote: »
    Some brilliant games tonight with Furious, Elkat, Yimrag, Everlast, PeterJ and Hiplip... whatever your name is :D (could be missing 1)

Few tough games, plenty of Quads an triples :pac: and a bit of craic, what more could ya want :)

I agree some pretty hard games, Who took out the guys Strafe run on Underground? I don't think he was best pleased:P

Also the BRDS clan tag seems to scare a good few people, takes ages to get a game.

Anyone else getting messages allday asking how to do the coloured tag? Mad annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

twice in a row 2 off the moab there, once in ffa and once in tdm, its so frustrating. but i have to say dead silence+ sit rep pro+ turtle beach = easy :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

You got an insane amount of triple an quad feeds!
    Spike2010 wrote: »
    I agree some pretty hard games, Who took out the guys Strafe run on Underground? I don't think he was best pleased:P

Also the BRDS clan tag seems to scare a good few people, takes ages to get a game.

Anyone else getting messages allday asking how to do the coloured tag? Mad annoying.

It gets annoying alright, more so when people think you've hacked the Xbox an they start calling you a cheat.

P.S: get a mic :p
    ugglasdav wrote: »
    twice in a row 2 off the moab there, once in ffa and once in tdm, its so frustrating. but i have to say dead silence+ sit rep pro+ turtle beach = easy :D

I was one off in a game on village the other day. I completely forgot about it. Had I remembered I defo would have been a crafty camping fūcker

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Just played CORaven thar. :)

Did you have fun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Some nice games last night which went well into the wee hours, loving the support class, new challenge for me is to break 30 assists and then 40 assists in a single game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Uploading the MOAB right now, the Boards one will be up tomorrow, I was in Northern Ireland all day today on some geography trip so I hadn't had much time.

GT's were :
    [BRDS]HipLipRabry
    [BRDS]FuriousJustice

can't find the Lynx Gt, might have been in the pre-game lobby before Arkaden.

So you didn't "bet" Lynx, good stuff. I was there though, 9 of ye v 7 of us and 2 awful randoms who went badly negative in both games. *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Just played CORaven thar. :)

Doubt it. B0Ronic has taken my a/c for the day. I was doing overtime in work :/
    No doubt he did pants though, he persists on using guns that are out of my comfort zones and I have no profession for.

Some good games lastnite, Pichu i'm disapoint at the message you sent saying sorry if i kill you to much etc, No amount of killing counts as much as a win does :)

Some good games Tonight with Elkat and Ghandi, where was everyone else? Ya dry ****es!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Only got one or two games in last night - joined CFC's lobby, turned out it was me against 6 boardsies on HQ - I thought.. f**k it, I'll give it a go - was bad enough playing against them, but then one of my "team" gives away a juggernaut.. ffs...

Changed up my class for the next match (as I wasn't set up for HQ) and then the boardsies left the lobby...

I must have scared them off :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Do what I do with the PS3 lads if there's a full party,join there sesh and be a cnut an ruin there KD cause you won't win with randomers

Spike2010 wrote: »
    Some good games Tonight with Elkat and Ghandi, where was everyone else? Ya dry ****es!

Noticing the time of your post, I'd say asleep mate :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

So just had a game of FFA. Doin well ( won in the end) and worked up to jug recon. About 5 min later some bloke gets one as well. So towards the end of the game we bump into each other still as jugs and he looks at me and says....you ever see that episode of pokemon where the 2 medipods fight. Both laughed and walked away. In stitches for the rest of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Some good (and bad) games last night with the BRDS lads, although this final killcam made my day :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75576602&postcount=102

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Was playing away last night, happy as larry, then my connection cops out. Had an equal number of OK to **** games, but luckily in a Boards party you rarely lose! :D My W/L is just near 1.00 now! Just 4 more wins! :D

Only had a few games last night, not too many people about. Seamus got another MOAB :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

guys putting down claymore. i step out in front of him still running see the claymore and keep going. it clicks but im already past. he knife lunges misses and finds himself on the wrong side of his own claymore. win

Played a few games last night.

First set, with randomers. Probably the most frustrating experience I have ever had on CoD. Willingly running by caps without thinking of capping them, with us losing. Unf*cking believable. I was in rotten form!

I leave that lobby and join a session with the lads, again, against. Played on Downturn, did very well.. lost, but finished positive.

I stuck around for the next game, on Fallen.

I got totally r*ped. I mean, I couldn't move for having at least 2 or 3 open fire at once on me, not to mention the air support, which I was the only one taking down or trying to. I went 9-29.

Game finishes... Yimrag makes the unfortunate mistake of asking if I was "lying down for most of the match" :P

My answer - "eh, yeah I f**king was, I kinda learned after the first 15 deaths in a row not to stick my head about the parapet".

For the first half of the match I moved around, trying to make the effort of playing properly, but when that happens there's f**k all else you can do.. I mean, you can rage quit but I'd rather not.

It's quite the eye opener. Plenty of nights us in a Boardsies team would give out about a bunch of randomers camping while we spawn trapped them on Domination.. I've learned there's f**k all else you can do when you can't get out of the area. (this is no excuse for heartbeat sensors.. there are no excuses for heartbeat sensors).

Anyway, the first experience I mentioned above made me determined for the sake of my sanity not to play any objective-based game without a party, the second experience confirmed it.

I don't usually play MP unless there's a couple of lads on, would rather play survival/spec than go through the touture that is playing with randomers! Sure you might get the odd good game but for every 1 good there's about 5 bad waiting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Everlast completely agree with you.

We were in a full party the other night then three dropped out without saying a word. Didnt notice that till we started the game and we were matched against a full party. Couldnt do anything. and the 3 random lads on our team ran straight past the flags. Spent most of the night with my stinger out (no pun intended) shooting air support down.

Didnt play yesterday because I need to catch up on some zzzz but i'll be on later to hopefully :D not :mad:

Was anyone else getting frame rate drops last night during ground war? First thought was my internet in a death rattle.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Was anyone else getting frame rate drops last night during ground war? First thought was my internet in a death rattle.

I only had about 5 games, 2 or 3 were just about playable. Not just split second lag, th game was stopping at times for 2-3 seconds, jumping back and forward, lagging into walls etc. At one stage I threw the same nade about 8 times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

yimrsg wrote: »

I only had about 5 games, 2 or 3 were just about playable. Not just split second lag, th game was stopping at times for 2-3 seconds, jumping back and forward, lagging into walls etc. At one stage I threw the same nade about 8 times :D
    That used to always happen to me playing blops not do much mw3 it's happened bout twice there I usually get out of the lobby I'm in and search for another lobby usually works

Cheers for the replies.

Reason for asking was there seemed to be some major fcukups happening and was thinking it was my internet or wifi's fault.

Even the sound lagged at one point!

you've lost C! Dun!
    Dun!
    Dun!
    Dun!
    Dun!
    Dun!

For the Billy's/Perrin's of this world to understand here is a simpsons analogy. My internet = homer's heart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

everlast75 wrote: »

It's quite the eye opener. Plenty of nights us in a Boardsies team would give out about a bunch of randomers camping while we spawn trapped them on Domination.. I've learned there's f**k all else you can do when you can't get out of the area.

^^This.I mean people used to complain about people camping in their spawn or quiting half way through the game or leaving the lobby after the game.Like what are they meant to do, come out of their spawn where a party of guys are justing waiting to shoot them or stay in a game while people call in their dogs or choppers(Yes I know you can shoot them down but hard to do if your the only one).I called out a guy on this before,didn't end well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

^^This is why I stopped playing Dom with boardsies for a while on blops. It gets repetitive fairly quickly. Would much rather play TDM only. It's far less campy IMO and there's no kill whores missing the objective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Playing mostly MTDM lately, usually 9 or 10 of us in the same lobby. Good because it mixes up the teams every game and always a bit of extra spice when your shooting your buddies. No good for W:L ratio but not really bothered about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Playing mostly MTDM lately, usually 9 or 10 of us in the same lobby. Good because it mixes up the teams every game and always a bit of extra spice when your shooting your buddies. No good for W:L ratio but not really bothered about that.

Brings back memories of mw2

.....until ze internet problems :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Shammy wrote: »
    Brings back memories of mw2

.....until ze internet problems :(

Good Times. Shammy, do you have that vid where we were you put up a sentry gun and all of us were blocking the bullets with our riot shields? Never laughed as much as I did that night.

Advertisement