Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No Internet still :(

@Elkat, good luck with the job!!

@Pete, I'm definitely gettin BF3. I really like MW3 (one of the few :P ) but BF3 looks great! Suicide a jet into someones face FTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

The DLC is out... tomorrow I think... I'm not liking MW3 at the moment either, its just something to do, well at least until they patch skyrim so I can complete the feckin' main quest :P

What's wrong with it in yours? My bro completed the main quest OK but had a couple of glitches in the sidequests (the Boethiah quest in particular) while I've had a few in the course of general gameplay (a dragon flying backwards around the map! And some of the ground disappearing in Whiterun too :rolleyes: ) but have been lucky with the quests not getting fecked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I think I've come to the conclusion that it's time to sell the Xbox. I've a job interview in Malta in a few days an don't wanna bring it over if I get the job as it will only distract me from spending time in the sun with the missus and actually doin work.

The main reason I've come to this is that MW3 is crap. It's dull, lifeless and simply not entertaining. I only ever play out of boredom to be honest. One of the only upsides to keeping onto the Xbox is that I'll keep in touch with folk from here on a more (somewhat) social level.

Anywho, rant over an time for sleep

I think it's time you expand your game collection.
    Bring the xbox and you can use it to play dvds and stuff on your latop/PCs on the tv even if you don't get any new games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

CORaven wrote: »
    I think it's time you expand your game collection and try out Halo wars the rts.
    Bring the xbox and you can use it to play dvds and stuff on your latop/PCs on the tv even if you don't get any new games.

+1

Shammy wrote: »
    +1

Game tonight/this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Joneser wrote: »
    Have learnt my first major lesson of this game, never....ever...play TDM or FFA, the amount of camping in this game is ridiculous. It's even bad in the objective games but at least then you're usually guaranteed the win.

Got mad at some young fella camping on Resistance the other day, told him he should get a tent....that told him!

Game tonight/this weekend?

Of halo wars ?

Of halo wars ?

Ya

Ya

Yup about 10ish ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Cossax wrote: »
    What's wrong with it in yours? My bro completed the main quest OK but had a couple of glitches in the sidequests (the Boethiah quest in particular) while I've had a few in the course of general gameplay (a dragon flying backwards around the map! And some of the ground disappearing in Whiterun too :rolleyes: ) but have been lucky with the quests not getting fecked up.

I can't get ulfric to talk to the greybeards or join either side to fight, so I'm stuck in an infinite loop of them saying talk to ulfric, talk to the other guy :rolleyes: Think I've just been really unlucky with the glitches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

What did ya do :confused::p

Be less thick and actually make sure I have it set up properly :P

Hmm.. So, I've spent 1 days 7 hours in MW3 multiplayer not in games... Thats how much time we actually spend in the feckin menu's waiting for games!? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

redman85 wrote: »
    Planning on getting battlefield 3 when college is done. I'm sure we can tempt a few lads over...

Ive got it aswell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Sorry I left without saying anything earlier lads, I had been texting and playing at the same time and thus was doing shiite (5-13 or something :pac:) so I had to go before I dismantled my K/D any further :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I can't get ulfric to talk to the greybeards or join either side to fight, so I'm stuck in an infinite loop of them saying talk to ulfric, talk to the other guy :rolleyes: Think I've just been really unlucky with the glitches

I've 2 versions (Wood Elf and light armour, Imperial and heavy armour) and I haven't gotten as far as choosing a side in either game yet :o but I'll be joining the Imperials when I get around to it, damn racist Nords!

Cossax wrote: »
    I've 2 versions (Wood Elf and light armour, Imperial and heavy armour) and I haven't gotten as far as choosing a side in either game yet :o but I'll be joining the Imperials when I get around to it, damn racist Nords!

But the Thalmor are like Nazi's! :P They banned Talos worship! Both sides have arsehole leaders, but still, stormcloaks all the way! (Hopefully I can just kill Ulfric after the war and become high king, I don't want him in charge) :P

We're going a bit off topic with this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Apologies for not coming back on but after spending a couple of games walking into walls like Sideshow bob walks into rakes I think it's best to bid a hasty retreat.

Planning on getting battlefield 3 when college is done. I'm sure we can tempt a few lads over...

I got it and dedicatedservers means no issues between my isp and upc

woo hoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

I've never been so frustrated with a game in my life, I think i came close to smashing my TV about 4 times last night, I keep getting the worse spawns ever on this game, spawned into a Pred Missle into a Sniper etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

PRestiged there for the first time after staying at 80 for a while.....think Im going to continue on this bottle of rum and buy skyrim as soon as the shops open :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

magicianz wrote: »
    PRestiged there for the first time after staying at 80 for a while.....

Ashamed to say I've never prestiged in CoD. Just never had time really. How exactly does it work, you reach a certain level and are given a choice then yea?

Must go back and play BLops and prestige, that allows you to unlock more custom classes in MW3 right? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

@ DaveNoCheese

Yea u have to get to level 80 in MW3, it does not ask u do u what to prestiged, u go into the menu part and do it, do not know what level u have to get to prestiged Blops, but yea if u have prestiged in Blops or any other COD game u can unlock a new custom classes, 2 hrs of double xp point or double xp on weapons etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

There was loads of people on last night, one full party of 9 and another of 5 or 6 doing the rounds and the difference in connection once the party goes above 5 or 6 is stunning, for one match the entire team of 9 had one bar for the majority of the game. Just to give a comparison, when Shammy is hosting a match UPC players get a 2 bar and vice versa as it goes through the states, fcuk knows where that connection goes when we all had 1 bar. I think that was the match that Eamonn got a quad kill with a bouncing betty.

Also private matches are still a laugh, apart from suiciding using the javelin in gun game and getting demoted.

yimrsg wrote: »
    There was loads of people on last night, one full party of 9 and another of 5 or 6 doing the rounds and the difference in connection once the party goes above 5 or 6 is stunning, for one match the entire team of 9 had one bar for the majority of the game. Just to give a comparison, when Shammy is hosting a match UPC players get a 2 bar and vice versa as it goes through the states, fcuk knows where that connection goes when we all had 1 bar. I think that was the match that Eamonn got a quad kill with a bouncing betty.

Also private matches are still a laugh, apart from suiciding using the javelin in gun game and getting demoted.

I do enjoy listening to the comments when a upc user with 100mb broadband is wondering why he is on 2 bar and everyone else on 4 :D

I do enjoy listening to the comments when a upc user with 100mb broadband is wondering why he is on 2 bar and everyone else on 4 :D

I enjoyed having someone in the party with a worst connection than me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I enjoyed having someone in the party with a worst connection than me!

That role is taken
    3512.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

That was a Semtex i got that quad with. That was a weird match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

sorry lads got kicked off xbox live and it wouldnt let me log back in. oh well college work it is so :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

sorry lads got kicked off xbox live and it wouldnt let me log back in. oh well college work it is so :rolleyes:

noooo don't do it! why further your education when you could kill annoying american 13 year olds :pac:

Advertisement