Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Yeah team jug is mayhem on dome, everyone should have the javelin as the secondary just to add to the madness. Also nothing like getting barrel kills on one in the chamber!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

The private matches last night were prob the most fun I've had on MW3 in a while :)

The private matches last night were prob the most fun I've had on MW3 in a while :)

I remember hearing you complain 2 or 3 times whenever I killed you. Hearing your last victim bleating was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

yimrsg wrote: »
    Yeah team jug is mayhem on dome, everyone should have the javelin as the secondary just to add to the madness. Also nothing like getting barrel kills on one in the chamber!

9692550.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yimrag, 3 rounds in a row, fûckin barrel kills my b****x!

• Advertisement

IPAM wrote: »
    Yimrag, 3 rounds in a row, fûckin barrel kills my b****x!

Don't forget I also killed you by shooting your c4 in the air.

Don't forget I also killed you by shooting your c4 in the air.

Didn't see it = didn't happen :D

Those private games are by far and way the best crack to be had in mw3. Everyone using c4 and riot shields only on dome was the business. Knives and shields was good too, battering each other for ages, myself and Dave had an epic tussle before I got shanked.

3 lads batin each other with riot shields, in comes LYNX with a c4 for a triple!!! ohhhh baby a triple!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I enjoy the private games way more than pub stomping at the moment

Especially one in the chamber with snipers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Tonight even showed how bad the spawns were on dome for my last kill :P Spawned right behind someone, literally couldn't get any closer without being inside them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Tonight even showed how bad the spawns were on dome for my last kill :P Spawned right behind someone, literally couldn't get any closer without being inside them :P

That someone was me! There I was running along minding my own business when BAM, hit in the back. No cause, no reason.

And yea, you literally spawned out of my ass :rolleyes:
    Those private games are by far and way the best crack to be had in mw3. Everyone using c4 and riot shields only on dome was the business. Knives and shields was good too, battering each other for ages, myself and Dave had an epic tussle before I got shanked.

Ah man, I was skitting so hard after that. Had tears in my eyes and all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If it was me and you yimrag I would have been quoting this down the mic

(delighted you got him in the end though dave)

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    If it was me and you yimrag I would have been quoting this down the mic

(delighted you got him in the end though dave)

Yes I was actually humming/yoddeling that song but before I got to the rrrrrrra
    ah bit some absolute *perrin* came along and knived me.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Few games at weekend with furious and the like, fairly spiffing splendid ole boy! That's it for me till April:eek: @ earliest though as I'm off to Oregon for two months with work :( so farewell for now my love :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Played 2 games last night in a party Went 32/23 in one match mainly using the MP9, which is pretty good for me, I had my try hard pants on, as I usually do.

Then a buddy arrived to my house half way through the second match and I went 21/5 while having a conversation with him, I was like

WTFGuyBlackTextSS.png&h=500&w=500&zc=2&q=100&a=c

How is it that when I don't actually put in effort I do that good? I didn't even have my headset on, I just muted my mike and had a conversation while playing most of the game. Was dead happy with myself that I looked like a boss while my friend watched me play, but I am really pretty damn crap at the game! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

the art of gaming when relaxed. Well done on reaching your spiritual centre. Now get back in there and start shooting.... calmly haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

When I'm high I play better cod and fifa so there is something to this relaxed theory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    When I'm high I play better cod and fifa so there is something to this relaxed theory...

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

everlast75 wrote: »
    watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

:pac:

Sorry Everlast, it will only let me thank you once :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Just thank him then unthank him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Few games at weekend with furious and the like, fairly spiffing splendid ole boy! That's it for me till April:eek: @ earliest though as I'm off to Oregon for two months with work :( so farewell for now my love :cool:

Bring the XBox with you, ya softcock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

the art of gaming when relaxed. Well done on reaching your spiritual centre. Now get back in there and start shooting.... calmly haha

I agree but........

6:20 onwards is best (and typical of some days :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Playing black ops earlier, got an 11 kill streak(Usually get 5-6). Had an attack helicopter and a care package, Called in the attack helicopter, then my care package and got a Huey. Was delighted as I've never got one before. Couldn't call it in cause of the attack helicopter and then the game ended... :pac: I was disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Was put into a game of domination on dome last night but it was a few mins into the game so I didn't know what was going on, then all of a sudden there was ac130's or whatever the fcuk they are up in the sky and air strikes and sh1t everywhere. Took me a few mins before I copped most of the players on the enemy team were from boards! SeamusLFC went 47-7 or something like that......I on the other hand ended up going 23-24 or something like that.

Ah well, at least I didn't rage quit :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Lads, complete noob question here if i may, pretty new to xbox360/ hadn't played games in at least 10 years until recently.:o

Picked up COD:MW3. I have just finished the Main Campaign part (on normal difficulty), have done the first 2 Special Op's missions today.

Where do i start as regards playing with other human beings in this game, if i play via xbox live will they actomatically put me into games with other noobs who don't know what they are at?. All these "killstreaks/campers/flag-hunters/teams" or whatever are like a foreign language to me...i didn't come accross these in the main campaign. I have the one month free to xbox live that came with it, so i know how to get onto xbox live, just dunno where a newcomer should be looking as regards a starting point/ missions etc.
    One last thing, can you play without using the headphones to communicate with others or is this a big disadvantage?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

From the main menu select multiplayer > Xbox live > Find match and pick a game mode and this will put you in a match with other people. It won't put you in a match with just other people who haven't played the game yet it will be a mix. You don't need a headset but it would be better to get one if you enjoy the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

iMuse wrote: »
    From the main menu select multiplayer > Xbox live > Find match and pick a game mode and this will put you in a match with other people. It won't put you in a match with just other people who haven't played the game yet it will be a mix. You don't need a headset but it would be better to get one if you enjoy the game.

cheers, are there any easier or more basic modes in particular to get warmed up in do you reckon? i thought the idea was all the crap/new players would be thrown in together to let the more experienced/better players play amongst themselves, and then work your way up the ranks etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

cheers, are there any easier or more basic modes in particular to get warmed up in do you reckon? i thought the idea was all the crap/new players would be thrown in together to let the more experienced/better players play amongst themselves, and then work your way up the ranks etc etc

Always found merc tdm relatively easy. You're unlikely to run into a clan there. All the noobs get thrown in with the better gamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Any of you guys still play MW2 ? I signed up for the clan, but don't have MW3 or Black Ops :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwZur0VmfR8&context=C3aa4edcADOEgsToPDskLw8ZK_9UrEh9wvIZcxgEai

gamertag is tallllus

Advertisement