Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Perrin is always host unfortunately for him.

I feel bad that he always insists on backing out for the sake of us having a better connection.

So I was right about this being a second account. I'm not sure if he backs out though. The game normally ejects the host after a migration, so he has no choice in the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Mysterious Man

shawpower wrote: »
    So I was right about this being a second account. I'm not sure if he backs out though. The game normally ejects the host after a migration, so he has no choice in the matter.

Congratulations.

He isn't ejected. He backs out. He says it everytime.

''Ah lads i'm going to back out and i'll rejoin in a few minutes''

Tbh i'd rather he stayed. I don't mind the lag that much and it's not fair him having to back out because he wants to give us a better connection.

Why should he back out? He shouldn't have to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I don't mind the lag that much....

This is a joke right? Nobody, unless not of able mind, "doesn't mind lag"

This is a joke right? Nobody, unless not of able mind, "doesn't mind lag"

I assure you i'm of able mind.

And no the lag doesn't bother me.

Congratulations.

He isn't ejected. He backs out. He says it everytime.

''Ah lads i'm going to back out and i'll rejoin in a few minutes''

Tbh i'd rather he stayed. I don't mind the lag that much and it's not fair him having to back out because he wants to give us a better connection.

Why should he back out? He shouldn't have to.

We're talking about two different things. When it goes to host migration, the host is normally ejected midgame. Nothing to do with PerrinV2. However, maybe on top of that PerrinV2 says he'll back out. I've not heard that, but it sounds like something he would do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

..yet to see proof

We're talking about two different things. When it goes to host migration, the host is normally ejected midgame. Nothing to do with PerrinV2. However, maybe on top of that PerrinV2 says he'll back out. I've not heard that, but it sounds like something he would do.

Yeah he's a nice bloke. Never seen Perrin back out but in my experience he's not the worst host. It'd be worse if I was hosting tbh. Hoping I don't go back to my mediocre ways tomorrow and keep on this little high. :p
    p.s (Who is MysteriousMan? :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Really!? REALLY!???

Edit: I think perrinv2 be a sh!ite host, apparently he doesn't like biscuits and makes ya take yer shoes off at the door!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Did anyone else have bother when yimrag was host last night. I'd start off perfect on 4 bars, then mid-game I'd notice weird things happening (like me dying!!) and check the connection. I'd be down at one bar. Then it'd pop back up to 4 again soon after. It's the same when PerrinV2 is the host. It's a pain when they get picked. Not their fault at all, but it often leads to them being dumped out after a host migration. Oh for dedicated servers!!

God help us all if I'm host. Eircom 1mb is fairly gick at the best of times. Apologies if I ever got you killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

p.s (Who is MysteriousMan? :p)

n the back of your mind you know who it is.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

happy now everlast?

happy now everlast?

Hang on a minute , what happened to the commando running lunatic i used to play with.

These boardies have changed you :D

Shammy wrote: »
    Hang on a minute , what happened to the commando running lunatic i used to play with.

You should see the stuff I pull of with the Tar-21 and the underslung now, I'm a pro-tuber. Read back a few pages there and you'll see I nailed 5 of this lot in one go with a tube last week!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,086 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

happy now everlast?

I'll be happy when I see those car keys :D

I can cross you off the Mysterious Man list.
    Who_is_Mysterion_by_SouthParkMysterion.jpg

Shammy you need to get on soon we're starting to co-ordinate perks and the like. Very "Pro". As for me I won't be on after a certain time as I'm off to get wasted for results night. I did O.K just have to wait and see if I get my course now.

I nailed 5 of this lot in one go with a tube last week!:D

Seriously shammy the whole lot of us, all bent over a gate.....then....... sluuuuurplunk!:eek: me holes in tatters!

I'll be on from 6ish this evening until at least 9.30, but possibly up to 10.30. Missus is out in town, so will be online till she gets back, with no distractions.:D

I can cross you off the Mysterious Man list.

Shammy you need to get on soon we're starting to co-ordinate perks and the like. Very "Pro". As for me I won't be on after a certain time as I'm off to get wasted for results night. I did O.K just have to wait and see if I get my course now.

I've slowly started back , although i have to say halo wars is addictive.

Well done on the results , enjoy yourself tonight :)

Seriously shammy the whole lot of us, all bent over a gate.....then....... sluuuuurplunk!:eek: me holes in tatters!

Possibly the funniest post i've read in a long time.

+1 lad enjoy, it's the most important exam you'll ever do! EVER! I'll be on from 8 to about half 9, be cool badger...be cool:cool:

• Advertisement

Played for about an hour earlier with Cereal rapist and i've lost my ability to hold a steady aim.:mad:

Played for about an hour earlier with Cereal rapist and i've lost my ability to hold a steady aim.:mad:

Wait until i do the chicken run and you won't be able to hold any aim at all.:pac::pac::pac:

Wait until i do the chicken run and you won't be able to hold any aim at all.:pac::pac::pac:

I havent seen done that since cod 4:D

Epically funny **** the other night and the other team hadn't a ****ing clue what to do! Killcams were unbelievably funny!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Hey guys, could a few of you guys add me, been sauntering around the forum but never really got into the whole boardies clan, my psn is canning464 if ye want to add me :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Game tonight lads?

some pretty good games last night lads, that one on Favela where we ran 75 to 74 was pretty tense! and the match on Rust was just insane earlier in the night with Raven and Yimrag:cool:

some pretty good games last night lads, that one on Favela where we ran 75 to 74 was pretty tense! and the match on Rust was just insane earlier in the night with Raven and Yimrag:cool:

Yeah there was far too many nailbiters going down to the last kill wins. Was like a script from a hollywood action movie. That throwing knife kill winning killcam would fit in with well with the Expendables.
    I've learned 3 things from last night.
    1) Predators can't take down ac130s (which I suppose is fair but makes little sense)
    2) I like the game better when it's tougher, I lose interest if I'm doing well, oh look a squirrel!
    3) My experimental riot shield/stinger class is never going to work. But I recommend trying it just for the sheer feeling of futility you have.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

yimrsg wrote: »
    1) Predators can't take down ac130s

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »

I stand corrected. I think mine hit the wing and just carried on.

Advertisement