Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,086 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yimrsg wrote: »
    Yeah there was far too many nailbiters going down to the last kill wins. Was like a script from a hollywood action movie. That throwing knife kill winning killcam would fit in with well with the Expendables.
    I've learned 3 things from last night.
    1) Predators can't take down ac130s (which I suppose is fair but makes little sense)
    2) I like the game better when it's tougher, I lose interest if I'm doing well, oh look a squirrel!
    3) My experimental riot shield/stinger class is never going to work. But I recommend trying it just for the sheer feeling of futility you have.:pac:

We had one later on Scrapyard (I think) - 7500 to 7400 - talk about tense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

yimrsg wrote: »
    Yeah there was far too many nailbiters going down to the last kill wins. Was like a script from a hollywood action movie. That throwing knife kill winning killcam would fit in with well with the Expendables.
    I've learned 3 things from last night.
    1) Predators can't take down ac130s (which I suppose is fair but makes little sense)
    2) I like the game better when it's tougher, I lose interest if I'm doing well, oh look a squirrel!
    3) My experimental riot shield/stinger class is never going to work. But I recommend trying it just for the sheer feeling of futility you have.:pac:

I ran up against a guy on Terminal the other night who finished top scorer using a Riot Shield. He ran with Marathon, Lightweight combo, which made him pretty nifty around the place. He stuck around the plane and cleared up anyone in those tight spaces. It was infuriating, but I had to tip my hat at him. He did a very good job with it. I tried to leg it a few times and he was still quick enough to catch me twice with the shield.

Try it with Machine pistols as secondary. So you win with the RS against someone who faces off, and if they try to turn and run you blast them with your akimbo Glocks. Spas is also good because of the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Won't be on to hold ye back for two weeks, Alicante here I come!(tomorrow).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I'm going there Friday lol

And they have broadband over there, don't they?

If you were even half the devotee to the cause that you should be, you'd be luggin your XBox over with you at the expense of "necessities" in your luggage and sitting indoors with the blinds down (to stop the pesky sunshine glaring off the screen) while racking up the hours with the boardsies!!

Tut tut...

(seriously though - enjoy!:D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Well now thats ruined it for me!:pac:
    And im flying on ryanair so if I bring an xbox GAME ill prob have to pay for another seat, wtf would they do with an actual real life xbox?.....

"we'd like to have a word sir....":eek:
    stormtroopers-at-airport.jpg

EDIT: P.s. Shammy i'll have my riot shield and blast shield on doing the chicken run around the place trying to avoid the mrs' evils so if ya see me holla at yo boyeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

shawpower wrote: »
    I ran up against a guy on Terminal the other night who finished top scorer using a Riot Shield.

I love bumping into these lads, they oftern work in pairs, double the fun. Your options are
    1. Shoot 'em in the ankles, makes headshots seems easy
    2. Get an overview of their hunting ground and time an RPG into ground behind them
    3. Drill into a car nearby, they get confused by all the gunfire and not being hit, then they go BOOM.

Just do not engage in a fistycuff, you will lose.

minotour wrote: »
    I love bumping into these lads, they oftern work in pairs, double the fun. Your options are
    2. Get an overview of their hunting ground and time an RPG into ground behind them
    3. Drill into a car nearby, they get confused by all the gunfire and not being hit, then they go BOOM.

I was trying the ankles thing, but he had them well covered.
    Didn't have RPG unlocked at the time, but do now. :D
    No cars close by in terminal unfortunately, but handy tip for future.

one word -

Semtex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I always find that the best way to kill them is use a knife, if you just go to run past them and stab at the edge of the riot shield, it always gets them, and means you can save your semtex for campers :)

• Advertisement

I was running with claymores in that game, but do find semtex handy alright.
    It was tough to get past him on the plane, but it can work alright.

Anyways, I'm not looking for ways to kill RS guys, just was offering a tip to yimrag on a class to try with the RS to see if it works. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I was running with claymores in that game, but do find semtex handy alright.
    It was tough to get past him on the plane, but it can work alright.

Anyways, I'm not looking for ways to kill RS guys, just was offering a tip to yimrag on a class to try with the RS to see if it works. :)
    i joined in a session with you last night on quarry ,game was glitching like fcuk though

i joined in a session with you last night on quarry ,game was glitching like fcuk though

Yeah, I noticed that alright when I was checking the scoreboard. My bad. It was picking me as host and my internet was having a bad hair day. Guys would be jumping from 4 bars to 1 bar etc.

I know Shammy has complained about me being host before, but I've never seen it that bad ever. I mean, it went to enemy forfeiting at one stage as they all dropped out, only to be replaced with other guys. But I was picked for 3-4 games in a row. In the end, I turned off the XBox and my router, and it seemed to sort itself out. I didn't get host, but but I was in games with 3-4 bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Anyone on at about 5? I haven't been on in a while will be rusty as **** lol. :D

Really enjoyed the run of S&D games last night. We had 5 of us on the team, and were on a 17 winning streak when I left (I know this because it's beaten my previous best).

Hightlight of the show has to be me, as last man alive, attempting to throw a semtex down the stairs on SubBase at a guy I knew was there, but sticking it to the railing in front of me and not getting out of the way in time. Blown up in front of everyone! :o:o:o oops. :)

But seriously, it was great fun, and we worked really well together. I was meant to finish up at about 1am, but finally left it at 3.30 with the rest of the guys staying on for another while. Cheers lads. :)

Hightlight of the show has to be me, as last man alive, attempting to throw a semtex down the stairs on SubBase at a guy I knew was there, but sticking it to the railing in front of me and not getting out of the way in time. Blown up in front of everyone! :o:o:o oops. :)

And when you killed yourself with your claymore! As last alive also.
    Jesus that was the funniest set of games we've had without Chunky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Terrible games all round last night... Started off well with Ross, BORonic and joedagreat. Every game we went to after the first 4 seemed to be full of tubers. Ross was least impressed.

Will have another crack at it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

played with a couple of the lads off here last night my first time playing with any of yous , i played **** head was wrecked and i had to head out but ill be up for a few games tonight or tomorrow .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I should be on tonight lads. Decent games yesterday, was ****ing loads of tubers about!!!

And when you killed yourself with your claymore! As last alive also.
    Jesus that was the funniest set of games we've had without Chunky.

In fairness, I didn't kill myself with the claymore. I had set it in the market facing towards the tunnel, to cover my back as I defended the A bomb, but I heard footsteps behind me, so I turned around to face whoever might be there. But the person was up on top of broken roof. He jumped down to attack me, but landed in front of my claymore as I walked back into the blast radius. Both of us died. I've no idea if he got the points for the kill, or if it went down as a suicide. I was raging, because I was really enjoying those games.

We had some easymode games of Domination last night. Went a few lobbies where there were guys on the other team going 2:21 etc and we ripped them apart. Then Shammy and a few others from Boards joined and it evened out a bit, although the first game he joined, Shammy ended up with all of his team gone apart from him. So 3 flags for us, and 6v1. In fairness he didn't rage quit etc.

• Advertisement

Appreciate the invites last night lads - sorry I couldn't join ye. I tend not to if i'm only on for a game or two as there's prob someone else who could hope into the lobby for a long stint.

Was playin free-for-all yesterday (for a change) and low and behold, I found me some boosters..

OMG iTz Darryl and a guy called GossAk47..

its a bit frantic legging it around trying to find them, but I do have a dedicated class for it (with sit-rep pro - a MUST). Little sh*ts were tryin 360 headshots - not a care in the world they were ruinin the game for everyone else... I invited a couple from here on but unfortunately the lobby was full :( I did get plenty of double-kills with the semtex together with "DENIED"

P.S. Why don't others in the game bother to seek the vermin out? they play on as normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Had a good few games there playing search and destroy there with the lads, I got progressively worse as the night dragged on. Last game I was 0-5.

We encountered more annoying opponents as it went on. We had lag switchers and modded controllers (I just assumed I was crap!) to contend with and we still managed to get wins in spite of my crappyness. Never saw anyone up on the straw house ceiling roof before.

Also is there enough people interested and online sometime this week to have a private boardsies match say 4v4 or even 6v6? We've often had 6 or 7 but if we got 8 we could have a mess game like all witches against riot shielders or free-for-all dualies only?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

We're talking about two different things. When it goes to host migration, the host is normally ejected midgame. Nothing to do with PerrinV2. However, maybe on top of that PerrinV2 says he'll back out. I've not heard that, but it sounds like something he would do.

Ya I usually back out within the first 2 minutes of the game if I'm hosting,I find it saves alotta hassle in the long run and I wouldn't have to continue hosting the games after,I know it can be quite annoying half way through the game when your connection drops to one bar.
    Really!? REALLY!???

Edit: I think perrinv2 be a sh!ite host, apparently he doesn't like biscuits and makes ya take yer shoes off at the door!

You get to keep your shoes on,to quote cleveland "you have terrible foot odour"

Tag me in!! just back from holiday,burnt to a crisp

^^^was like that at the end of the week

633618011146914582-DualWielding.jpg

You know who you are. Playing at this minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Two GWK's in a row. Nuff said....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

x43r0 wrote: »
    Two GWK's in a row. Nuff said....:D

What he failed to mention was the akimbo UMPs involved in both cases!

I'd also like to apologise to Raven for non-stop tubing him last night. I was looking for Danger Close Pro. I got it.
    Great game on strike where we all camped up at the spawn with Coldblooded and Ninja. And still won by a good margin. We only lost once as far as I can remember when I was on. Some nice care packages too.
    image.php?AttachmentID=113

In the last few games of Domination (only 4 of us at that stage - PerrinV2 was hosting of course!) we came across a team of 5 10th Prestiges who informed us that anyone who wasn't a 10th at this stage was a noob.
    Starting on Underpass and continuing on in Highrise and Carnival (I think anyways) we proceeded to bend then over and didn't even bother applying the vaseline.

Also, earlier on in the evening we decided that we'd have some fun so we all hid up at the Hill spawn on Strike (about the 4th time we'd gotten the map last night) with CB and Ninja. Myself and Ross decided to do some spins and race around the top of the hill/chicken run. :D
    Once they found us, we just camped up there and poor Yimrag and Raven and a few randoms tried to remove us and failed.
    Did the same in Subbase (and still won, naturally!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I'd also like to apologise to Raven for non-stop tubing him last night. I was looking for Danger Close Pro. I got it.
    Great game on strike where we all camped up at the spawn with Coldblooded and Ninja. And still won by a good margin. We only lost once as far as I can remember when I was on. Some nice care packages too.

Ah it was grand. I was playing very poorly last night so it did not make that much of a difference.
    I despise Strike though, and it came up so often. 5 matches, 3 in Strike. Though in that match with ye camping in the spawn I did well enough. I managed to catch most of ye after respawning and trying to either flank or return to the group.
    Cossax wrote: »
    Did the same in Subbase (and still won, naturally!).
    That was snakey. Ye had two guys without SP at the back of the map. We had UAV and your guys with Cold Blooded came from behind us.

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    Ah it was grand. I was playing very poorly last night so it did not make that much of a difference.
    I despise Strike though, and it came up so often. 5 matches, 3 in Strike. Though in that match with ye camping in the spawn I did well enough. I managed to catch most of ye after respawning and trying to either flank or return to the group.

That was snakey. Ye had two guys without SP at the back of the map. We had UAV and your guys with Cold Blooded came from behind us.

One of them was possibly me, apologies! Kinda like when we all went COLD that night (must give that a go again - parties are so much fun for that kinda thing).

Also, when there were just the 4 of us, it's always nice to bump into a random who appreciates the callouts and will make a few of his own - was a Yank who made a few callouts in Carnival in the last game. Bar Top Dawg, I don't think I've come across many Yanks who talked and weren't trash talking.

Advertisement