Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I'll be knockin about tonight from half 10 onwards.
    Same here!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Finical wrote: »
    Same here!

I just realised I canceled a request to you because it was pending as Finical. I now realise it is your PS3 name... I never had sigs enabled. I'll add tonight when I get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

That was a good laugh there last night on ctf, can't believe that got me.
    Sorry about tonight my xbox doesnt seem to be able to take it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Beating non-objective playing ******* at Demolition two games in a row was my highlight tonight. They went well positive (I just about went positive in the end of the second game, was fairly negative on the first) but lost 4 of the game rounds out of 5 (sudden death in the first one). Camped like little bitches, trash talked between games and acting like the kinda people that turn normal people off MW2.

Also, apologies to Mysterious Man for that drop-shot.

Crackin games last night playing demolition. Got my ass kicked on Rundown, finished something like 30-50 but was nice giving them some abuse afterwards when we won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Some good games of team tactical last night, won a hard fought game of domination in vacant despite being on 2 bars for all of it. We were about 2 seconds behind the enemies reactions.

A certain nameless boardsie got up close and friendly with a certain rock in Fuel in tdm but ultimately his love* for the rock was all in vain as the rock didn't let him in.
    * rubbing up against the rock in a sexually frustrated manner

Also I managed to kill a tree with a stinger in search & destroy!:(
    At least I didn't spill a 2 litre bottle of water mid game!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

yimrsg wrote: »
    Also I managed to kill a tree with a stinger in search & destroy!:(
    At least I didn't spill a 2 litre bottle of water mid game!:pac:

Do you run with a stinger class in S&D? Is that purely for any UAV's that go up? It might be easier to just run with Cold Blooded I'd have thought and keep your secondary slot for something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

shawpower wrote: »
    Do you run with a stinger class in S&D? Is that purely for any UAV's that go up? It might be easier to just run with Cold Blooded I'd have thought and keep your secondary slot for something else?

:eek: Are you not a team player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Mysterious Man

That was good fun last night. Having said that i don't think my wall or floor was best pleased with a certain incident that happened as i was taking a drink of water.

It was good assigning the roles in S&D.

Heartbeat sensor guy with stinger.
    two rushers.
    A sniper.

It's a bit of a weird class alright, I have bling pro, stopping power pro and ninja pro with a tar w/ silencer and heart beat monitor. It's helpful for approaching/defending bombsites as you can spot the enemies camping providing they haven't ninja (so many people use ninja though). It's mostly UAV prevention and in case an enemy care package drops them something decent. I was experimenting with OMA but I like having baby monitor and silencer too much.

I wasn't sure who in our team had cold blooded also so rather than force us all to change I stuck it on. Tar is effective enough at most distances to hold its own.

One funny instance was when FuriousJustice was stalking his prey after I spotted him near Scrapyard's loading bay he ran past him and lead him around the corner luring him into me who then shot him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

yimrsg wrote: »

A certain nameless boardsie got up close and friendly with a certain rock in Fuel in tdm but ultimately his love* for the rock was all in vain as the rock didn't let him in.
    * rubbing up against the rock in a sexually frustrated manner

Its true,it was me, but I was only in there to get directions on how to get away from there.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Its true,it was me, but I was only in there to get directions on how to get away from there.

http://www.myspace-graphics.com/abe-simpson_i1101.html

abe-simpson_i1101.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Sorry I haven't been on lately lads, school and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

Oh lads, oh lads. Epic epic epic games tonight. Myself and furious on Karachi with the 15-0 each, and my unusually good run of 18-0 on Estate. Have to say, was the easiest few games in a long long time. Well done to everyone else aswell!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Savage games last night lads.

Don't think we lost one, did we even concede a flag in CTF. :pac:

By the sounds of things I'm missing some good games :(

Hate having 1 TV and having to share it with the missus so she can watch Britain's Next Top Model, The Hills, Four Weddings and Jersey Shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Looks like I missed the craic....i'm back now though.....but not with my sexbox:(....further reports to follow.....

P.s. Floyd P ....don't worry about the school, we all know how vital and important it is, we'll be fine!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm baaaack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm baaaack :)

And the first game I played with you in it you stole my care package :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

And the first game I played with you in it you stole my care package :rolleyes:

For the record he was on the opposite team :D

• Advertisement

Apologies to those that had to put up with my Mic last night.

I realised a game or two in, that although I could hear the gamesounds through my headphones, I couldn't hear anyone talking. So I started checking the connections, and there seemed to be a problem in the puck cable. This basically goes from the headphones, to the controller, and is for the in-game chat. When I unplugged it, I could hear the guys fine, but obviously couldn't talk to them. When I plugged it in, they could hear me but I couldn't hear them. In the end, I fiddled with the connection until I got it to work (that's what she said), but it still dropped out a bit and I'm worried it's a sign that the cable or headphone is on the way out. I've only had it about 6 months!!

(The puck cable is the second one seen here: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/recertified-products/ear-force-x1/livetabid/5983.aspx )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I have a spare one from one of my broken x3's but just after reading that its not compatibile with x3's or 4's ...starange.

Shammy wrote: »
    I have a spare one from one of my broken x3's but just after reading that its not compatibile with x3's or 4's ...starange.

That's a pity. You can buy them from the TurtleBeach website for just $5, but they don't ship outside the US. And the Lime website that I bought the headphones from don't seem to stock them from what I've seen...

Private matches with about 10 of the boards lads last night were epic.

Playing quick scope/no scope search and destroy on all the maps.

Got perrinv2 with arguably one of the most outrageous knife throws.

Smashed the glass window at my spawn and lobbed the knife right over the heli pad only for it to hit the ground and stab perrin in the groin.

I really wish it was the round winning kill it was insane.

Private matches with about 10 of the boards lads last night were epic.

Playing quick scope/no scope search and destroy on all the maps.

Got perrinv2 with arguably one of the most outrageous knife throws.

Smashed the glass window at my spawn and lobbed the knife right over the heli pad only for it to hit the ground and stab perrin in the groin.

I really wish it was the round winning kill it was insane.

What were you guys doing in private matches on a double xp weekend??:confused::eek:

What were you guys doing in private matches on a double xp weekend??:confused::eek:
    Having fun.

Having fun.

You can do that any weekend. If I'd have known about the double XP, I'd have been in pub matches the whole time. Still hoping to get through some more prestiges before BOps.

You can do that any weekend. If I'd have known about the double XP, I'd have been in pub matches the whole time. Still hoping to get through some more prestiges before BOps.

I'm finished prestiging i don't need to rank up.

I'm finished prestiging i don't need to rank up.

Fair play to you Ross. Is that cause you've gotten to 10th prestige, or because you've gotten bored of the process? Private matches are great fun alright, but Double XP is funner. ;-)

I lost count of the number of 300Xp's I got for capping flags when I was playing on Sunday. I think in one game I got 16 kills but still finished top scorer ahead of guys who were up at about 34 kills. I jumped about 2-3 levels in that 2 hour window.

I wouldn't mind but I've just realised that I actually spent about 2 hours earlier in the day playing SpecOps, when I could have been in pub matches! :eek: GawdDamn!!!

• Advertisement

Fair play to you Ross. Is that cause you've gotten to 10th prestige, or because you've gotten bored of the process? Private matches are great fun alright, but Double XP is funner. ;-)

I lost count of the number of 300Xp's I got for capping flags when I was playing on Sunday. I think in one game I got 16 kills but still finished top scorer ahead of guys who were up at about 34 kills. I jumped about 2-3 levels in that 2 hour window.

I wouldn't mind but I've just realised that I actually spent about 2 hours earlier in the day playing SpecOps, when I could have been in pub matches! :eek: GawdDamn!!!

I've got to 9th. I'm staying put. when i see a 10th prestige enter a lobby i just think to myself ''meh he glitched''.

I'll play online this evening while there's still xp to be had. See ya then!

Advertisement