Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Think I'm going to have to consider taking a break from this for a while. Played a few matches tonight and couldn't win feck all gunfights. Infuriating isn't the word. Im average at best but it feels like its not a fair fight at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

So had an eircom engineer visit the new apartment, line is severed and it's not up to them to fix it. Which means I've to get the landlord to do it, which means another week or so without internet. **** my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think I'm going to have to consider taking a break from this for a while. Played a few matches tonight and couldn't win feck all gunfights. Infuriating isn't the word. Im average at best but it feels like its not a fair fight at times.

My sentiments exactly. I've played all CODs online since MW2 & definately no beast but do ok. This one go on unbelieveably bad deathstreaks. It is was not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly. I've played all CODs online since MW2 & definately no beast but do ok. This one go on unbelieveably bad deathstreaks. It is was not fun.

BLOPS 1 FTW!

Double weapon xp this weekend. Looks Like I won't be taking that break just yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Was out shopping at the weekend and found loads of great stuff here. I don't know what it was but something about this shop really appealed to me.....

243121.JPG

Ah, AN-94, why didnt we spend some quality time together before? maybe I was always too quick to prestige? this gun is a beast!

Ah, AN-94, why didnt we spend some quality time together before? maybe I was always too quick to prestige? this gun is a beast!

I have it permanently unlocked. It's my go-to gun for when I want to try hard. It just puts people down so fast

I run a silencer and grip on it but I probably don't really need the grip - Might swtich it out for ext mags or fast mag

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

AN 94+ext. mags+quickdraw+ghost=beast.

Something I've always wondered was why wouldn't you run a silencer if you were using Ghost?

Any class I have ghost on I will almost certainly use a silencer otherwise as soon as I fire a bullet I feel like ghost is useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Something I've always wondered was why wouldn't you run a silencer if you were using Ghost?

Any class I have ghost on I will almost certainly use a silencer otherwise as soon as I fire a bullet I feel like ghost is useless

For me it depends on the situation, if you keep moving you disappear from the mini map fairly quickly with ghost, i feel ghost gives me and advantage if i want to use a gun unsilenced probably just a placebo effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GW has serious connection issues :mad: anyway, few good games tonight!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Absolute pain in the hole trying to get games in GW alright but when we did, they were some good games.

Finally pulled the finger out and started getting some VSAT's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

think tonight's last game of dom will go down in folklore as one of boards greatest victories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Any guys playing right now? kinda tired going solo with ****ty random team mates, i'd add people from the list but not sure who is regularly online?

I'm not on now but add me, I'll invite ya to a party tomorrow night n you can add the rest then

LYNXeffect1986

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

think tonight's last game of dom will go down in folklore as one of boards greatest victories.

Ugly game. Nice when the host quits because they lost though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Details for those not in attendance?

Cossax wrote: »
    Details for those not in attendance?

Domination on Hijacked. About 3-4 of them were slaying and the rest try-harding the objective. We were spawn trapped for the most part of the first round. Round 2, we throw on trophy systems and flak jackets While 2 lads go straight underground from the start to throw them off a little. I camped my ass off for a VSat and we spend the round becoming martyrs on B flag until the tide slowly turned in our favour

Great craic :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Domination on Hijacked. About 3-4 of them were slaying and the rest try-harding the objective. We were spawn trapped for the most part of the first round. Round 2, we throw on trophy systems and flak jackets While 2 lads go straight underground from the start to throw them off a little. I camped my ass off for a VSat and we spend the round becoming martyrs on B flag until the tide slowly turned in our favour

Can't find it on youtube but I imagine X as the guy who gave the speech to ye after round 1
    http://en.vidivodo.com/video/family-guy-braveheart-stewie-motivasyon/443505

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,012 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've been AWOL lads for a bit, taking a break from CoD and leggin it around murdering folk at will as Etzo in Assassin's creed. Will get back on soon enough though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've been AWOL lads for a bit, taking a break from CoD and leggin it around murdering folk at will as Etzo in Assassin's creed. Will get back on soon enough though :)

I too have been AWOL as I've had no internet in the new apartment. Confirmed as of today I'll be getting UPC in, 100mbps and no download limit, let me fúckin' at it boys :D

I too have been AWOL as I've had no internet in the new apartment. Confirmed as of today I'll be getting UPC in, 100mbps and no download limit, let me fúckin' at it boys :D

That speed should really help in your upcoming Call Connection of Duty adventures!

we spend the round becoming martyrs on B flag until the tide slowly turned in our favour

I feel my callouts after dying (38 times) were pivotal.

Honest opinion lads, am I getting better or worse? :mad:, I'll take any tips on board to try not to be bottom of the leaderboards consitantly

its a pity its so inconsistent, it feels like it could be a great game if the issues were sorted.

in unrelated news, my wife who was sitting 10 feet away from me could hear lockie raging on that match on raid. afterwards she says to me "I though you play that thing to relax?":eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Honest opinion lads, am I getting better or worse? :mad:, I'll take any tips on board to try not to be bottom of the leaderboards consitantly

Target Finder and Flack Jacket, these are your friends!

I'm often at the bottom too, but I couldnt give a fúck. You're not going to be outcasted for being medicore at COD in real life or in BRDS clan.

I love when Lockie rages :D

OH MY GOD WOULD YOU PUT THAT THING AWAY

It makes me laugh everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

its a pity its so inconsistent, it feels like it could be a great game if the issues were sorted.

in unrelated news, my wife who was sitting 10 feet away from me could hear lockie raging on that match on raid. afterwards she says to me "I though you play that thing to relax?":eek:

Let me take this chance to apologise to your wife. Also thanks everyone for the tributes. Touched i am :D

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote: »
    OH MY GOD WOULD YOU PUT THAT THING AWAY

It makes me laugh everytime.

That's what she said :pac:

Advertisement