Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I've got to 9th. I'm staying put. when i see a 10th prestige enter a lobby i just think to myself ''meh he glitched''.

I'll play online this evening while there's still xp to be had. See ya then!

Yeah, I'm trying to get to 9, and then will have a long think about whether to get one of those glitched emblems....

I might try some S&D tonight. 1000xp per kill would be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Mysterious Man

shawpower wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm trying to get to 9, and then will have a long think about whether to get one of those glitched emblems....

I might try some S&D tonight. 1000xp per kill would be nice!

Ye S&D is great for ranking up on double xp weekend.

It's great in a party as well because you can work as a unit.:P

Ye S&D is great for ranking up on double xp weekend.

It's great in a party as well because you can work as a unit.:P

If you win 4-0 in S&D, how long do the games actually take? I was working out with a minimum of 6-7k in Domination last night, but I wonder which game will get you most points in an hour say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

If you win 4-0 in S&D, how long do the games actually take? I was working out with a minimum of 6-7k in Domination last night, but I wonder which game will get you most points in an hour say?

For ranking up the quickest modes are snd then demolition.
    for score its domination then sabotage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Mysterious Man

To win 4-0 you're looking at 10 minutes i'd say.

Now if you can muster up even 5 kills and manage an assist or 2, that's 5800 points. Not to mention planting the bomb, and defusing it.

I'd say S&D personally. Taking out a pavelow in a round gives you 8000 points i think it is. That's insane.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Got perrinv2 with arguably one of the most outrageous knife throws.

Smashed the glass window at my spawn and lobbed the knife right over the heli pad only for it to hit the ground and stab perrin in the groin.

I really wish it was the round winning kill it was insane.

That killcam was absolutely crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Shammy wrote: »
    For ranking up the quickest modes are snd then demolition.
    for score its domination then sabotage.

I played S&D for an hour or so on Saturday. I ranked up at least twice (if not 3) times in that short space of time. Mega XP weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I played S&D for an hour or so on Saturday. I ranked up at least twice (if not 3) times in that short space of time. Mega XP weekend.

2000 for a headshot, insane.

Took out 2 harriers simultaneously there on Saturday I think it was, 1700 points or something insanely amusing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Cossax wrote: »
    2000 for a headshot, insane.

Took out 2 harriers simultaneously there on Saturday I think it was, 1700 points or something insanely amusing!

I took out a harrier and pavelow today with a single stinger. Mad points popping up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

PerrinV2 in one of my SnD games, just me and him left. Managed to plant the bomb without setting off his claymore, he goes to defuse it and the claymore kills him?? Certainly was an interesting end to the game lol...

• Advertisement

had a few snd games earlier on , was great craic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just had the worst game of my MW2 experience. Demolition on Karachi, the other team had me (at least) completely spawn trapped. The game stopped being fun to play for the duration of that game

For the record i didn't rage quit, my Internet was due it's hourly disconnection :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

yea lol i joined ur session and got into a game with a few of u. hehe i was CooKie x btw, incase u didnt know. with the colours

I didn't get to play with many here last night, but I had the most fun on MW2 in ages. No Commando games, no noobtubes (apart from one SnD game where there were RPG's/Danger close guys). It was a blast and shows how great this game can be when people don't act the dick.

Started off with some TDM games with randoms just to "warm up my fingers" and Beasted!! :D Three games running where I was the leading scorer with high 20's kills and about 3-4 deaths. Always got through my killstreaks.

Then jumped into a party of other mates and played a good few SnD games. It's rapidly becoming my favourite gamemode. I didn't trust myself before, but now I've played it I'm happy I can do well and not embarrass myself/let my party down. There was just insane points on offer. Finished 3-4 games with 17,000+ points. Jumped up about 5 levels last night alone. 1000 xp for shooting down a UAV with my silenced UMP! :eek::D

I jumped into one game of Demo on Estate with Ross/X/Raven etc but got blown up by Cereal Rapist using his OMA/Danger Close class so jumped straight away.

Then jumped into some team tac with PerrinV2 and BobRobJim or whatever his name is. We came up against a party for the first game, which was Demolition on Rust. It went to overtime, but we couldn't get the 2nd bomb planted. :mad: Next game up against the same party was SnD on Rundown. Finished 10-3 I think, with a few plants. My one mistake was when I was last man standing against 4 (I think - maybe 3). I took out all of them bar 1, and got a UAV. But instead of calling it in, I thought I'd save it to the next round and plant at A as I was sure he was over at B side. Well I was half way through planting when I heard footsteps. I cancelled the plant but he was already looking over me with his shotty. Raging with myself. But we still went on to win the game. A lobby full of snipers is usually so easy to beat. A mixed team of Sniper, Rusher, Slayer is way harder to win against. :)

There were loads of game invites floating around, and I'd 25+ friends on most of the night, and I had to turn down a few early on. No worries to those where were in the full party and refused my invite late in the night. You were all just showing as being in the main menu, so I thought the party was finished. I also saw Shammy/Blacky in games of SnD at one stage, but figured you were in a full party too.

. I also saw Shammy/Blacky in games of SnD at one stage, but figured you were in a full party too.

SnD is savage for points scoring !! I was in an SnD lobby (but not in a party) with Shammy, Cadman, PerrinV2, Sierra, AnneFrank, PhychoClive, Damosdad... was great craic, loads of XP to be scored. We were coming up against in each in every match aswell as we had more than 6, everyone planted & defused a few bombs, everyone was racking up some serious XP.

I got couple of invites from other boardies but was tied up in this lobby so wasn't able to accept, next time hopefully.

Shammy, you were caught red-handed with your baby monitor on SnD last night!!

Yup Sierra was using steady aim with m/l and akimbo g18s so i wanted to see where he was coming from :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

SnD is savage for points scoring !! I was in an SnD lobby (but not in a party) with Shammy, Cadman, PerrinV2, Sierra, AnneFrank, PhychoClive, Damosdad... was great craic, loads of XP to be scored. We were coming up against in each in every match aswell as we had more than 6, everyone planted & defused a few bombs, everyone was racking up some serious XP.

I got couple of invites from other boardies but was tied up in this lobby so wasn't able to accept, next time hopefully.

yeah great games last night it was good the teams were getting mixed up too,
    hopefully its still double xp later

Yup Sierra was using steady aim with m/l and akimbo g18s so i wanted to see where he was coming from :D

No excuses!!

AnneFrank wrote: »
    yeah great games last night it was good the teams were getting mixed up too,
    hopefully its still double xp later

I don't think it will be. It was Double XP for Labor day weekend in the Yoo S of A, but they're all back to work today.

ALTHOUGH... I seem to remember the last Double XP weekend lasting well into the middle of the week.

• Advertisement

I don't have it unlocked yet on any gun this prestige so couldn't use it either way, but I wouldn't have a problem with using baby monitors in SnD. It's the one game mode where I think (nearly) anything goes, as it's the ultimate tactical game where one mistake sees you dead and out of the round. So cautious play/camping is totally acceptable as you defend a bombsite. (it would suit Mal perfectly! LoL)

But anyway, since I always use Ninja Pro on SnD classes, it doesn't bother me at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I don't think it will be. It was Double XP for Labor day weekend in the Yoo S of A, but they're all back to work today.

ALTHOUGH... I seem to remember the last Double XP weekend lasting well into the middle of the week.

to keep it double xp
    i'll say a prayer to Allah !!

I don't have it unlocked yet on any gun this prestige so couldn't use it either way, but I wouldn't have a problem with using baby monitors in SnD. It's the one game mode where I think (nearly) anything goes, as it's the ultimate tactical game where one mistake sees you dead and out of the round. So cautious play/camping is totally acceptable as you defend a bombsite. (it would suit Mal perfectly! LoL)

But anyway, since I always use Ninja Pro on SnD classes, it doesn't bother me at all.

Interesting. I didn't think baby monitors were 'acceptable' under any circumstances according to the unofficial MW2 gamers 'code' wink.gif I couldn't live with the shame!!

No excuses!!

What can i say ...i'm a noob :D

Interesting. I didn't think baby monitors were 'acceptable' under any circumstances according to the unofficial MW2 gamers 'code' wink.gif I couldn't live with the shame!!

I'm wondering what you had originally posted before rethinking your reply and editing it.....

What was I called!? :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I use it in SnD too, its handy when approaching /defending bomb sites as you often have one guy with sitrep who gives away his position to you and can often stop you or your team's sneaky claymore/c4. Loads of people use ninja on SnD so its not as useful as you might think.

I can't really understand people complaining about getting killed by someone using it as it's very easy to negate but if you can't see enemies on it you know you're up against ninja enemies and you don't need to worry about your claymores giving you away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I jumped into one game of Demo on Estate with Ross/X/Raven etc but got blown up by Cereal Rapist using his OMA/Danger Close class so jumped straight away.

Apologies for that, I've been going for "payback C4" challenge and needed to keep replenishing my C4 packs. Obv I had the noob tube attached to the M16 as I had OMA/DCP and Sit Rep Pro :)

It's done now so the games will be safe once again

It strikes me as something to maybe use for the first round. See if anyone is using Ninja, and if everyone is, then jump to another weapon in round two.

Equally, if you get a few guys with it early on, the chances are that if they have half a brain, they'll swap class to one with Ninja.

yimrsg wrote: »
    I use it in SnD too, its handy when approaching /defending bomb sites as you often have one guy with sitrep who gives away his position to you and can often stop you or your team's sneaky claymore/c4. Loads of people use ninja on SnD so its not as useful as you might think.

I can't really understand people complaining about getting killed by someone using it as it's very easy to negate but if you can't see enemies on it you know you're up against ninja enemies and you don't need to worry about your claymores giving you away.

He is only having a dig at me because i give him a hard time when he uses danger close w/tubes , commando and camps every other game :D

• Advertisement

Apologies for that, I've been going for "payback C4" challenge and needed to keep replenishing my C4 packs. Obv I had the noob tube attached to the M16 as I had OMA/DCP and Sit Rep Pro :)

It's done now so the games will be safe once again

No worries. You got me a few times in a game a few weeks back, with the RPG/DC combo, so are you finished all those "explosive" challenges?? :P:D

Advertisement