Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

shawpower wrote: »
    It strikes me as something to maybe use for the first round. See if anyone is using Ninja, and if everyone is, then jump to another weapon in round two.

Equally, if you get a few guys with it early on, the chances are that if they have half a brain, they'll swap class to one with Ninja.

But you don't see the kill cam in Snd? (probably wrong about that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

yimrsg wrote: »
    But you don't see the kill cam in Snd? (probably wrong about that)

Really? You've got me unsure about it now, but my assumption was that you did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I can't be sure either but I thought you didn't. The point I was making that unless you saw your killer's killcam and the heartbeat monitor you wouldn't know how you got killed and therefore mightn't change to a ninja class. Unless it was the game winning killcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I can't be sure either but I thought you didn't. The point I was making that unless you saw your killer's killcam and the heartbeat monitor you wouldn't know how you got killed and therefore mightn't change to a ninja class. Unless it was the game winning killcam.

You see killcams in SnD unless I've very much mistaken.

Demolition + everyone running 3/4/5 (UAV, Counter and Sentry Gun) = great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,086 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm baaaack :)

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Shammy wrote: »
    What can i say ...i'm a noob :D

:eek: !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

He is only having a dig at me because i give him a hard time when he uses danger close w/tubes , commando and camps every other game :D

That's only for revenge kills!!

FYP
    What can i say ...i'm a boob :D

I'm wondering what you had originally posted before rethinking your reply and editing it.....

What was I called!? :D;)
    The dig was at shammy, not you!!

Cossax wrote: »
    You see killcams in SnD unless I've very much mistaken.

Demolition + everyone running 3/4/5 (UAV, Counter and Sentry Gun) = great fun.

yeah we had killcams last night

• Advertisement

I use it in SnD too, its handy when approaching /defending bomb sites as you often have one guy with sitrep who gives away his position to you and can often stop you or your team's sneaky claymore/c4. Loads of people use ninja on SnD so its not as useful as you might think.

I can't really understand people complaining about getting killed by someone using it as it's very easy to negate but if you can't see enemies on it you know you're up against ninja enemies and you don't need to worry about your claymores giving you away.

I'm sure it CAN be useful, but easy to negate as you mention. Shammy was on my team on this particular occassion, so was watching him after I got killed!

I reckon Cold Blooded & Ninja are probaby the two most useful perks for S&D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I don't usually play SnD but really enjoyed the games last night. Great banter between all the lads. I'm at 70 now for a few weeks and I've no intention of Prestiging again but my jaysus you can score some amount of points at SnD with Double XP !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Enigma IE wrote: »
    That's only for revenge kills!!
    No excuses!!

I'm not saying anything :p

claiva wrote: »
    I don't usually play SnD but really enjoyed the games last night. Great banter between all the lads. I'm at 70 now for a few weeks and I've no intention of Prestiging again but my jaysus you can score some amount of points at SnD with Double XP !!

SnD is great craic, partly to do with the no respawns. You can watch your teammates once your killed (or vice versa) and everyone plays the objective.

The lobby banter is great too.

Didnt think you would have the nerve to show your face here today .

you were killed by damosdad :D

Yeah, I got that. My assumption was that you did see kill cams so that's why I said only a fool wouldn't change his class to suit the game.
    The dig was at shammy, not you!!

;)
    I'm sure it CAN be useful, but easy to negate as you mention. Shammy was on my team on this particular occassion, so was watching him after I got killed!

I reckon Cold Blooded & Ninja are probaby the two most useful perks for S&D.

Ninja is a must. It's a tricky call between Stopping Power and Cold Blooded. I would always start with Stopping Power, simply because you only get once chance to kill or be killed. Plus you can track the kills during each round and if you see someone on 3 kills at the end of the round, swap to a Cold Blooded class in case they call in the UAV. Another tip is that if someone calls in a UAV right at the start of a round, you can still swap to another class (with ColdBlooded) for a short period of time. That's why I always wait for 20-30 seconds before calling it in so no one can change.

yeah, like I said earlier, I was getting up to 20,000 per game a lot of the time last night. 1000 per kill, 2000 per bomb plant, 1000 per UAV shot down! What's not to like!!!

I must play a lot more SnD if I want to get through to prestige 9/10 before BOps.

Yeah, I got that. My assumption was that you did see kill cams so that's why I said only a fool wouldn't change his class to suit the game.

;)

Ninja is a must. It's a tricky call between Stopping Power and Cold Blooded. I would always start with Stopping Power, simply because you only get once chance to kill or be killed. Plus you can track the kills during each round and if you see someone on 3 kills at the end of the round, swap to a Cold Blooded class in case they call in the UAV. Another tip is that if someone calls in a UAV right at the start of a round, you can still swap to another class (with ColdBlooded) for a short period of time. That's why I always wait for 20-30 seconds before calling it in so no one can change.

Perhaps go with SP for Round 1, then cold blooded after round 1. If your confident of landing bullets on upper chest or head, you should kill them quickly regardless?

ha ha poor damo you give him some abuse shammy !!

Perhaps go with SP for Round 1, then cold blooded after round 1. If your confident of landing bullets on upper chest or head, you should kill them quickly regardless?

True, but if they are running SP then you're at a disadvantage straight out the gate.

I ran with SP last night and did well. I actually caught one guy lovely in Rundown. I was in the stream, and they called UAV. I heard him running around in the canteena area, so I ran one way, then did a quick flick back and swapped. He had jumped over the bridge looking to run after me, but I was already behind him and got a nice kill in the back. :D

But yeah, I always have a Coldblooded class there to go back to if needed.

• Advertisement

Ha ha.....took me a few rounds to get used to the pace of the game alright.....and he was camping like a mamma jamma !!!!!

Part and parcel of the gametype though which is fair enough.

Were you recording any of it ?

They are good games to see again ;)

AnneFrank wrote: »

I think Damo actually jumped into my lobby when I was playing with a party in SnD. He came up against us in at least 1 game. He did okay, with 3-2 k:d but we won fairly comfortably as his team was pants. ( I think I got him once)

I'm not saying anything :p

Didn't you record some matches before you went away? I think I had the edge over you that particular night.... 1/100 that would be!! I think you said you were going to upload?

I think Damo actually jumped into my lobby when I was playing with a party in SnD. He came up against us in at least 1 game. He did okay, with 3-2 k:d but we won fairly comfortably as his team was pants. ( I think I got him once)

he did well with us too Rob the game style suits him !!
    But I remember stabbing claiva a few times which was nice :)
    and we wont talk about the golf eh clive !!

I've heard you're pretty unstoppable at the golf alright. Although I've also heard that you got a bit annoyed about someone buying a glove or something?? ;):D

What Golf ? :confused:

his perks , m/l/c and he hides in a corner :rolleyes:
    Ha ha.....took me a few rounds to get used to the pace of the game alright.....and he was camping like a mamma jamma !!!!!

Part and parcel of the gametype though which is fair enough.

Were you recording any of it ?

They are good games to see again ;)

no i wasnt recording
    Didn't you record some matches before you went away? I think I had the edge over you that particular night.... 1/100 that would be!! I think you said you were going to upload?

No i said i was recording so you would stop tubing with danger close .......and it worked ha ha ha

I've heard you're pretty unstoppable at the golf alright. Although I've also heard that you got a bit annoyed about someone buying a glove or something?? ;):D

i think ive just played it the most Rob thats why im winning alot !!
    I was more jealous the lads bought the glove because it puts your stats up staight away and i hadnt twigged it !!!
    No hard feelings though !!!
    you should get it i love the game

his perks , m/l/c and he hides in a corner :rolleyes:

i wont argue there !!
    Ive never seen him behind the dummys in carnival with the pitbulls though !!

• Advertisement

i think ive just played it the most Rob thats why im winning alot !!
    I was more jealous the lads bought the glove because it puts your stats up staight away and i hadnt twigged it !!!
    No hard feelings though !!!
    you should get it i love the game

except when you rage quit on tournament -pro :D

Advertisement