Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

lkionm wrote: »
    Anybody played the new dlc? Downloading it now.

Initial Impressions

Rush - the paintball arena - good map, surprisingly big, might be best for ground war, lots of tight sightlines so Shotguns and SMG's rule here

Cove - very bright and pretty map, you can circle the entire island by staying on the beach, seems to be one spot in the crashed plane that draws most of the action, played dom and the flags are very far apart which made it hard to determine where the spawn flips.

Detour - horrible looking map, mess everywhere. seemed to be wandering around for ages trying to find enemies. huge amounts of unusual flanking rountes on top of pipes etc. might get better with more playtime as I only got 1 go on it.

Summit - hadn't played this previously. everyone seems to rate it but i reckon map knowledge would play a big part in it. I managed to join 2 games of dom that were in progress and our team were getting hammered so it wasn't overly enjoyable. Again, may get better with age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Initial Impressions

Rush - the paintball arena - good map, surprisingly big, might be best for ground war, lots of tight sightlines so Shotguns and SMG's rule here

Cove - very bright and pretty map, you can circle the entire island by staying on the beach, seems to be one spot in the crashed plane that draws most of the action, played dom and the flags are very far apart which made it hard to determine where the spawn flips.

Detour - horrible looking map, mess everywhere. seemed to be wandering around for ages trying to find enemies. huge amounts of unusual flanking rountes on top of pipes etc. might get better with more playtime as I only got 1 go on it.

Summit - hadn't played this previously. everyone seems to rate it but i reckon map knowledge would play a big part in it. I managed to join 2 games of dom that were in progress and our team were getting hammered so it wasn't overly enjoyable. Again, may get better with age.

Rush - very good but the centre area is a camper's paradise.
    Cove - looks like the beach map from blops 1, again camper's paradise.
    Detour - Don't even go there, like aftermath but with all the buildings flattened
    Summit - always will be class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is it still a snowy map?

Makaveli wrote: »
    Is it still a snowy map?

nope, rainy and at night.

Rush - very good but the centre area is a camper's paradise.
    Cove - looks like the beach map from blops 1, again camper's paradise.
    Detour - Don't even go there, like aftermath but with all the buildings flattened
    Summit - always will be class.

yup, its like they said "remember that sh1tty map with all the destroyed buildings? imagine a map based on a destroyed bridge leading to that sh1tty map"

• Advertisement

I had one game on Detour and it was nothing but snipers tac inserting above the ramps. All 11 other players were sniping. S**t map and it's hard to tell which end of the map you're on because it all looks identical.

Rush is decent, have to get used to it though because the spawns seemed to be all over the place.

Didn't get to play the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Uplink (Summit) is still class! Love the new look - It's really pretty, albeit a bit dark

My only grip is they removed the B-DOM cap spot from behind the desk on the C side. That used to be really handy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Thinking on getting one of the map packs. Any preferences. Peacekeeper one or the recent one.

greenman09 wrote: »
    Thinking on getting one of the map packs. Any preferences. Peacekeeper one or the recent one.

The peacekeeper is a pretty good gun. I'd go for that

Peeps I got no mic. So no racism from me tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Peeps I got no mic. So no racism from me tonight

I'm sure if we all pitch in we can fill the void

Seridisand wrote: »
    I'm sure if we all pitch in we can fill the void

I don't know man, that's a lot of racism to make up for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Kinda after getting back into the auld Cod again ill be on for the night, anyone on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

anyone around for blops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll be on about 9.30 if anyone is up for some BLOPs2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I'll be on about 9.30 if anyone is up for some BLOPs2

Ill probably be on in a few minutes.

The no mic thing is doing my nut. Time to invest in super glue

Head out to GameStop and pick up one

Where are you? I've my old one gathering dust in a drawer if you want it. I'm in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Bit of Demolition was nice for a change yesterday.

• Advertisement

Except we need to learn the spawns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I dont think the spawns flip in demo so its easy to spawn trap or be spawn trapped.

lkionm wrote: »
    I dont think the spawns flip in demo so its easy to spawn trap or be spawn trapped.

They released a "patch" that flips the spawns if you die within 3 seconds(?), in the available spawns for an area

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

They released a "patch" that flips the spawns if you die within 3 seconds(?), in the available spawns for an area

Seriously? That's fckin brilliant!

Seriously? That's fckin brilliant!
    You have to die alot for it to flip..

If it was C flag on nuketown you have (I think) 5 spawns in the area, you have to rapidly die in all five for it to flip(don't quote me on this) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

You have to die alot for it to flip..

If it was C flag on nuketown you have (I think) 5 spawns in the area, you have to rapidly die in all five for it to flip(don't quote me on this) :rolleyes:

Ahh.. OK that's still pretty shít then.

Demo tonight again then?

That's the longest I ever played SnD. Quite fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Spawns are fairly easy in any game mode to figure out if you just pay attention to the vsat/put a guardian down on one of the spawns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Two guys knifing in Demo on overflow last night...jesus.

Advertisement