Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

JamieDev wrote: »
    Yeah lol it is pretty broken i must admit, and the vector thing is probably true (Even though i find the Vector surprisingly enjoyable to use for some reason), did I really do anything last to make him say the stuff to me that he did? You were there, You were sound! (Im pretty sure it was you, maybe it was someone else, i dunno)

Honestly, I have no idea what this is about. I do remember the name Tallon floating around, and I corrected someone by saying that Tallon does not play on Live.
    I remember hearing some of the allegations in the lobby, but what they were for I do not know as I was distracted (on the phone to the significant other).
    I hope ye can resolve this as it is nice to have another potential player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

CORaven wrote: »
    Ah in all fairness, it is severely broken.
    IMO: A silenced UMP without a tier 2 perk = vector silenced and ex mags with stopping power
    Equipped it for the first time last night and got several multikills with it. One mad kill was on Wasteland where I blind fired at a guy at sniper distance while moving. I ended up killing him on the last bullet in the clip.

Yeah, several multikills... ofc you did.

The best guns in the game are AR, personal preference but imo the AK/M4/Famas/Scar + M16 are all better. The UMP may be alot better than the rest of the SMG, but it hasnt got **** on those guns unless its on a rushing class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Magill wrote: »
    Yeah, several multikills... ofc you did.

The best guns in the game are AR, personal preference but imo the AK/M4/Famas/Scar + M16 are all better. The UMP may be alot better than the rest of the SMG, but it hasnt got **** on those guns unless its on a rushing class.

I kind of exaggerated. One triple kill in four matches, four double kills.

I disagree with you on the UMP < selection of AR.
    • Silenced UMP has less recoil than the Silenced AK and deals out the same damage.
    • UMP is more powerfull than the M4
    • Famas + M16 are burst fire weapons and cannot be properly compared to a full auto CQB gun.
    • Scar is similar to the UMP, maybe the Scar wins in recoil, but the UMP mag size wins it.

The fact that the UMP simply does not need Stopping power, unlike the M4, Acer and Famas, it allows the player to use other T2 perks and created more varied classes, mainly rushers and stealth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Famas and M16 are also one-shot kills a hell of a lot of the time.

The UMP's a very very good gun, but then, so's the Tar, the Scar, the AK, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Alot of it comes down to what level/area you're playing, ump (unless in shotgun range) will rule in small CQB like highrise whilst (depending on the scope) an AR especially with stopping power will win out against the average SMG, but it's often down to player skill and/or who has the better connection which is the deciding factor. I love the ump, p90 and vector but only the ump puts you on anything like even footing when fighting an AR wielding opponent when at range.

I'd imagine the same debate holds true when comparing ARs to LMGs with LMG players complaining that they should kill faster as they're calibre bullets are larger, etc. Then snipers will be complaining there aren't enough big wide open maps and so on and on.
    This debate is really one for the pub!

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    I kind of exaggerated. One triple kill in four matches, four double kills.

I disagree with you on the UMP < selection of AR.
    • Silenced UMP has less recoil than the Silenced AK and deals out the same damage.
    • UMP is more powerfull than the M4
    • Famas + M16 are burst fire weapons and cannot be properly compared to a full auto CQB gun.
    • Scar is similar to the UMP, maybe the Scar wins in recoil, but the UMP mag size wins it.

The fact that the UMP simply does not need Stopping power, unlike the M4, Acer and Famas, it allows the player to use other T2 perks and created more varied classes, mainly rushers and stealth.

Thats more like it :) Im lucky if i get more than a multikill a week (With guns), and thats with having 40+ kills in pretty much every game i try hard in.

You only list what the UMP has over the AR's, you're forgetting about range. The ump pretty much has to go with the siliencer, if not the recoil goes to ****.

The M4 along with the scar is probably the most accurate automatic gun in the game, stick a red dot on that bad boy and go to town, it is an AWESOME defensive weapon and will tear rushers a new asshole if you position correctly. Less ammo in the scar but more damage... fair trade imo.

AK is a rushing weapon imo, i love it but i agree its not everyones cup of tea.

The one thing that nearly every AR has over the UMP is range, medium and long range i'd choose any of those AR over the UMP.

BTW, i love using the UMP on my rushing class, it is a great gun, but i dont really see how its overpowered (Maybe the rest of the SMG's are underpowered ?).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

You both sound like a bunch of ballbags... sorry :D

P.S The UMP is far from the best gun in the game.

Nobody said it was the best gun in the game, dur dur dur!!!!

It's the most overpowered and therefore most unbalanced gun in the game.

woa woa hold up a sec..

1: When i first got into the lobby with ye i told you once, long time no see. Smart ass comment? no. We spoke a bit when i was on my other account on boards. Hows that bad anyway? and the Tallon thing? i said that like once cuz he's well know on Boards and i didnt think that ye knew who i was at first so i just said that so ye'd be like 'WTF?' Its very obvious that im not him.

2: I have 2 accounts

3: What u mean what word we'll take this aint a fcukin court.

4: You didnt mention some of the things you said to me..

I First join the lobby and see all the boards guy so im like yay! I say 'Long time, no see'. Oh yeah, big crime there! Ok, so we finish that game without really saying much. The next map up was Trailer Park or sumthing, which i didnt have, so i was kicked. I went to play with different friends. I join back a while later while ye are in a pre-game lobby, and u react by saying something like 'Oh stop joining us, im getting sick of you'. So anyway the game starts and we get on opposite teams. After the game was over i said, and nothing else 'Unnamed was camping'. Then you respond by saying 'Oh yeah well your using the UMP45 try using a different weapon and you wont get anywhere near that high in the leaderboards'. In something that had nothing to do with you. I than said 'So What, its just a gun'. You than say 'Yea the best gun in the game' (Than u said something that was similar to what u said about using another weapon). And then i think that was when u started calling me names about being from Mayo. Almost every name in the book. Hows the Sheep/Cattle/Pigs, Sheep Shagger etc. I didnt want to get caught up in anything, as i dont like to pick fights over the internet. So i respond by saying 'I cant understand you'.

Ok than this was the part that got me. After i said 'i cant understand you', u respond by saying, 'Yea well can you understand this, (he than made a load of Sheep/Pig/Cow/Farm Animal noises across the mic. Than when he was finished with all the noises he finishes by saying, 'Yea can you understand that you fcuking pikey!'

Ok ok, i dont care which side people 'choose', or anything like that. But all i know is that what i said there is 100% truth. (Well maybe i might've left out minor details but i know i didnt say anything bad to him. k Thnx.

P.S: I live in Town, not anywhere near a farm. And im not a Pikey!

You don't mention the things you said to Furious Justice.

''Furious Justice you're a camper''. I then responded by saying ''Says the guy that uses the UMP, the most overpowered gun in the game. Try using a different gun and you won't get anywhere near 16 kills''.

Another thing. I asked you how much your 10th prestige cost you and you replied ''I'm legit''. I just laughed and said ''Oh really?'', to which you replied ''Ye with 2 days gameplay''.

Your memory isn't the greatest is it mate? I'm not letting you join a session when we're playing and start throwing accusations around about any of our playing styles. You've never played with us ffs.

I'll just mute you from now on, i've a short temper and i'm not going to humour you any longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

celtic723 wrote: »

''Furious Justice you're a camper''. I then responded by saying ''Says the guy that uses the UMP, the most overpowered gun in the game. Try using a different gun and you won't get anywhere near 16 kills''.

Another thing. I asked you how much your 10th prestige cost you and you replied ''I'm legit''. I just laughed and said ''Oh really?'', to which you replied ''Ye with 2 days gameplay''.

Your memory isn't the greatest is it mate? I'm not letting you join a session when we're playing and start throwing accusations around about any of our playing styles. You've never played with us ffs.

I'll just mute you from now on, i've a short temper and i'm not going to humour you any longer.

The object of a fps is to kill as many as you can as quick as you can . Youre actually whinging about someone using a certain gun because its overpowered :confused:
    What do you want the lad to do , use a gun that does shag all damage so you can kill him ?? lol

The object of a fps is to kill as many as you can as quick as you can . Youre actually whinging about someone using a certain gun because its overpowered :confused:
    What do you want the lad to do , use a gun that does shag all damage so you can kill him ?? lol

The ump is a noobs gun. I don't use it.

I feel it's unfair on the other team.

If i come across a team of people using it then i'll take it out.

It is far too overpowered. It can snipe people across the map in three bullets, and the magazine is far too generous, not to mention when extended.

It, like the models should have been patched long ago. It's a pain in the arse when all you see in the kill feed is so and so killed so and so with a UMP.

Boring.

To those of you that use it and get high killstreaks, it ain't because you're good, it's because you're exploiting a flaw in the accuracy and damage of the ump.

I take it you're one of the UMP fag brigade?

PS: Considering i don't use the UMP if i kill him then that clearly means i'm outplaying him one way or another?

The ump makes the playing field uneven and it's the reason i don't use it unless a huge amount of the other team does so.

• Advertisement

It is far too overpowered. It can snipe people across the map in three bullets, and the magazine is far too generous, not to mention when extended.

It, like the models should have been patched long ago. It's a pain in the arse when all you see in the kill feed is so and so killed so and so with a UMP.

Boring.

To those of you that use it and get high killstreaks, it ain't because you're good, it's because you're exploiting a flaw in the accuracy and damage of the ump.

PS: Considering i don't use the UMP if i kill him then that clearly means i'm outplaying him one way or another?

The ump makes the playing field uneven and it's the reason i don't use it unless a huge amount of the other team does so.

I stopped ready at that point chief

Sandy Ravage is a noob ..............interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

A few people in this thread need to get laid, or at least have a ****. :rolleyes:
    Myself included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Playing a bita FFA now.....Add me PSN Urinbits1

Nobody said it was the best gun in the game, dur dur dur!!!!

It's the most overpowered and therefore most unbalanced gun in the game.

I'm sorry.... whats the difference ?

So that obviously makes you a good player :)

Its a primary weapon.. and its alot less effective at range compared to AR's... i really dont see a problem with that.

Boring.

Yes you are.

zzzzzZZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I ve seen you use the ump many a time and you've never given me a problem when your using it.

The ump along with the famas is the preferred weapon of choice among competitive gamers , if it was so over-powered it wouldnt be allowed.
    Boring.

You made comment s about me using the ump before considering you were using the hbs on whatever gun i found it amusing.

I get the feeling that as i said you've made comments about me only using the ump that that comment may be directed some way in my direction, yet i have vids with the famas , fal , p90 and more and getting decent scores as well.
    But yet there were no comments when i was losing , only when we started winning , so i put it down to you not being able to take your beating.

smackdown, good man shammy, put this noob in his place ! :D

I take it you're one of the UMP fag brigade?.

so are you it would seem :confused:

The ump makes the playing field uneven

the playing field is already uneven , for some people just using the ump makes it even ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Shammy wrote: »
    I ve seen you use the ump many a time and you've never given me a problem when your using it.

Actually when I first started playing with you guys and was trying pick a decent gun to start out with,I thought the best idea would be to try out the gun that the 2 highest scorers used which happened to be the ump at the time.
    Just giving my reason as to why I use it.
    Being the noob that I am though I'm willing to try any gun people suggest....

Shammy wrote: »

The ump along with the famas is the preferred weapon of choice among competitive gamers , if it was so over-powered it wouldnt be allowed.

You made comment s about me using the ump before considering you were using the hbs on whatever gun i found it amusing.

I get the feeling that as i said you've made comments about me only using the ump that that comment may be directed some way in my direction, yet i have vids with the famas , fal , p90 and more and getting decent scores as well.
    But yet there were no comments when i was losing , only when we started winning , so i put it down to you not being able to take your beating.

Everyone on xbox live knows the only gun you and your buddys use is the ump.

I've played with you maybe 15-20 times and every time i've seen you, you were using it.

Tbh Shammy you're easily readable in the game. I just think it's a bit unfair when i run around the corner and someone is there with a ump which has the power to put you down in three bullets.

A heartbeat sensor is easily avoided. If you're anywhere good at the game you shouldn't need steady aim or commando :rolleyes:.

Granted some people use sitrep pro but that's fine as you can hear footsteps 4x louder.

I'll go back over when and why i use the ump as a lot of people on this forum seem to suffer from selective reading.

I only use the ump when a large amount of the other team does so. If i'm getting killed again and again by different players that are using it i'll switch to it myself.

I won't be saying this again so make sure you understand.

smackdown, good man shammy, put this noob in his place ! :D

Were you a PC gamer?

:pac::pac::pac:

Your complex suggests so.

• Advertisement

Everyone on xbox live knows the only gun you and your buddys use is the ump.

I've played with you maybe 15-20 times and every time i've seen you, you were using it.

funny looking ump.

I must be famous if everybody on live knows i use the ump :).
    My buddies as in some of the people on here ?
    I'm not denying i use the ump, its one of my favourite weapons.Most of the times playing with/against me i am using the ump as its domination and i do rush.
    Tbh Shammy you're easily readable in the game. I just think it's a bit unfair when i run around the corner and someone is there with a ump which has the power to put you down in three bullets.
    Your contradicting yourself with that comment :rolleyes:
    A heartbeat sensor is easily avoided. If you're anywhere good at the game you shouldn't need steady aim or commando :rolleyes:.
    Not if your below rank 29

I'll go back over when and why i use the ump as a lot of people on this forum seem to suffer from selective reading.

I only use the ump when a large amount of the other team does so. If i'm getting killed again and again by different players that are using it i'll switch to it myself.

I won't be saying this again so make sure you understand.

Bull shiit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Urinbits1 is my PSN...add me now for a game

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Urinbits1 is my PSN...add me now for a game

This is mainly for xbox , there is an "about last night" for the ps3 also a shared gamertag thread close to the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

Um i did mention that. Read my post, i said 'Unnamed (Furious Justice) was camping'. No disrespect to him, i just said it. You didnt have a reason to cut in about something that had nothing to do with you.

You said, how much did your 10th cost. I than said 'No, im legit. With 2 days played!' How the F is that bad. Its obvious that im messin around.

The rest u said in that post is totally random and has nothing to do with it.

Ah ok not bothered arguing over the internet anymore, its seriously retarded.

Boring.

The Scar Extended Mags with stopping power would bring the UMP down anyday. Also the FAMAS/M16/Tar 21. Really i mean the Scar kills in 3 bullets aswell from almost any range and has almost no recoil.

The Scar Extended Mags with stopping power would bring the UMP down anyday. Also the FAMAS/M16/Tar 21. Really i mean the Scar kills in 3 bullets aswell from almost any range and has almost no recoil.

the m16 ......one burst from anywhere on the map . I wonder would he be whinging if you were using that too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Your all a bunch of ****ing Cnuts and im going playing checkers online.

Oh sorry....thought this was the chess forum, my bad:o

Seriously though im ****e, truly retarded and noobish at mw2 so whenever im getting pwned i whip out the ump, cos it's my fav gun, i'm actually putting myself through loads of grief trying to be PC and use some random AR but really the ump suits my style best, I think every gun in the game ultimately can be equalized and any "perks" of using one are cancelled. I really think it's all down to personal preference, only thing that isn't fair game IMO is quickscoping:mad:

P.s. shammy lemme know when your going on cod4 again.

Your all a bunch of ****ing Cnuts and im going playing checkers online.

Oh sorry....thought this was the chess forum, my bad:o

Seriously though im ****e, truly retarded and noobish at mw2 so whenever im getting pwned i whip out the ump, cos it's my fav gun, i'm actually putting myself through loads of grief trying to be PC and use some random AR but really the ump suits my style best, I think every gun in the game ultimately can be equalized and any "perks" of using one are cancelled. I really think it's all down to personal preference, only thing that isn't fair game IMO is quickscoping:mad:

try the tar21 with silencer........its quality

the m16 ......one burst from anywhere on the map . I wonder would he be whinging if you were using that too :confused:
    If i used the P90 he'd probably complain and call me a noob for using a gun with such a large mag.

• Advertisement

Mark (srfc90) is going on cod 4 tonight , depending on what time , i'll switch over to it . :)

Advertisement