Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Frank Drebin, classic scene biggrin.gif

That guy defo had painkiller on. Rabble rabble painkiller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yimrsg wrote: »
    That guy defo had painkiller on. Rabble rabble painkiller.

Can't stop laughin at that.

Anyhoo, you prompted this memory for me...

:D

Cossax wrote: »
    Do tell about Wasteland? It was laggy as **** for us despite it being 3 bars for most of us and several of them had 4 bars.
    Also, you killed me several times during that game. You bastard.

The team were basically bitching about camping, and hiding around corners. I could only hear limited stuff because my headset is out of action but the general gist of it was them bitching about people.
    And the killing you was very lucky. The range on the famas is just that good. Also I'm the Spas' baby daddy. Killed a few with the aul spas last night. I saw your connection twas very bad. We were dominated the majority of the match anyway though :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lads I'm completely out of the loop as to what happened in the last few pages<<<<<<<

would someone please care to fill me in?

(In 2 words)

Dutch Rudder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

For you maybe :p

hey hey hey there was a bit of word play there . well played sir . hey at least i get with women id say kellogs and rice crispies get a bit old after a while all they do is sit there in a bowl and take it

• Advertisement

I had no fúckin idea what that was, so had to google it..

WTF is the point in that?

Its like w@nking by-proxy!

You might as well say...
    "'Scuse me love, I'm gonna lodge my lad in you.. would you mind grabbin my arse and moving it for me?"

everlast75 wrote: »
    I had no fúckin idea what that was, so had to google it..

WTF is the point in that?

Its like w@nking by-proxy!

"'Scuse me love, I'm gonna lodge my lad in you.. would you mind grabbin my arse and moving it for me?"

i kinda got a different thing from it . that you grab your "love stick" then your partner takes your hand and moves it for you . personally id prefer to just do it myself but hey each to our own im sure it must be popular if its named :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I've been playing with boardies long before the shared gamertag thread was put up , it was thought of by Rob and a great idea to get other boardies on here playing together , this thread was made so we could talk about our games "last night" , have a laugh and enjoy the game in a party.

Now it seems to have gotten serious , which is a pity , am i going to be abused for using a certain gun when i join board members online, it seems to be the case, so why should i bother , i have plenty of friends online that couldnt give a toss at what gun anyone uses.

I've good time for the boardies but i'm too old to start getting annoyed over a video game and couldnt be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Shammy wrote: »
    I've been playing with boardies long before the shared gamertag thread was put up , it was thought of by Rob and a great idea to get other boardies on here playing together , this thread was made so we could talk about our games "last night" , have a laugh and enjoy the game in a party.

Now it seems to have gotten serious , which is a pity , am i going to be abused for using a certain gun when i join board members online, it seems to be the case, so why should i bother , i have plenty of friends online that couldnt give a toss at what gun anyone uses.

I've good time for the boardies but i'm too old to start getting annoyed over a video game and couldnt be arsed.

here here

i kinda enjoy the competativeness it brings about between players though as long as it doesnt go too far . its great craic fluting around and having a laugh but i enjoy getting into a game againts someone who has some issue with me it really makes the wins and the loss' more important to me but then i guess im just wierd like that :)

• Advertisement

I resent that!

I have never, ever put up any post that could possibly be taken seriously ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Shammy got in there ahead of me to be honest.

I had been playing with a few of the guys from here before the "Share GamerTags" thread, and always had a laugh. The reason I posted that thread was to try to extend that for more people to have a laugh (and win) playing in a party.

To see it get to the stage where people, who joined up to that in good faith, are now getting abuse is a bit sad to be honest. There was no "term & condition" that you had to accept invites from people. You didn't have to stay friends forever. Heck you didn't even have to agree not to run cheap tactics. I've seen guys from boards use MLC and/or NoobTube & DangerClose combos, and other guys camp as hard as is possible. I've seen guys run horrible k:d scores in games. But it was all as party of a lads having a laugh so who cares?

I've no idea why it's got to the stage where there is abuse been thrown around in lobbies or on here, but to be honest it's something I've no interest in. I'm more than happy to play with pretty much anyone on here, but once I hear people abusing each other, I'll be letting people know what I think of them and then dropping out and going to look for other mates to play with. I don't care whether someone runs a "cheap" or "noob" setup, heck it appears I do too if the UMP is such an overpowered & gamebreaking weapon. I don't care whether anyone is horribly weak at the game. As long as people play the objectives and have a laugh in the lobby, that's all I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

aah nicely said Shawpower. Am i friends with u on XBL? i think i am but im not fully sure

Hehe hey Shammy, go on tonight please and go on MW2. Invite me and sierra and do a TDM, i wanna stand in the way of his sniper scope again :D oh btw i promise i wont play as bad as i did on mw2 last night, we had 2 games and i was fixing my mic for one of them and i was tired. Exccuuses Exccuses

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Fully agree with all you've said there shawpower,if I could thank the post mre than once I would

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

everlast75 wrote: »
    OOohhh - Mr Fancypants, applying the vaseline...

Real men wear sandpaper condoms and go to work ;)

Rough side in where i'm from:eek:

Edit: Shawpower your dead right but I must apologize, I try bringing the laugh to the game!
    $My laugh brings all the boards to the party, and they're like "chunky your fat"
    damn right, my name is chunky I can teach ya, but you must eat lard$

Rough side in where i'm from:eek:

Edit: Shawpower your dead right but I must apologize, I try bringing the laugh to the game!
    $My laugh brings all the boards to the party, and they're like "chunky your fat"
    damn right, my name is chunky I can teach ya, but you must eat lard$

A true man!

shawpower wrote: »
    Shammy got in there ahead of me to be honest.

I had been playing with a few of the guys from here before the "Share GamerTags" thread, and always had a laugh. The reason I posted that thread was to try to extend that for more people to have a laugh (and win) playing in a party.

To see it get to the stage where people, who joined up to that in good faith, are now getting abuse is a bit sad to be honest. There was no "term & condition" that you had to accept invites from people. You didn't have to stay friends forever. Heck you didn't even have to agree not to run cheap tactics. I've seen guys from boards use MLC and/or NoobTube & DangerClose combos, and other guys camp as hard as is possible. I've seen guys run horrible k:d scores in games. But it was all as party of a lads having a laugh so who cares?

I've no idea why it's got to the stage where there is abuse been thrown around in lobbies or on here, but to be honest it's something I've no interest in. I'm more than happy to play with pretty much anyone on here, but once I hear people abusing each other, I'll be letting people know what I think of them and then dropping out and going to look for other mates to play with. I don't care whether someone runs a "cheap" or "noob" setup, heck it appears I do too if the UMP is such an overpowered & gamebreaking weapon. I don't care whether anyone is horribly weak at the game. As long as people play the objectives and have a laugh in the lobby, that's all I want.

well said Rob, im usually the weak one but im trying to improve !!Good craic last night in the tdm's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

AnneFrank wrote: »
    well said Rob, im usually the weak one but im trying to improve !!Good craic last night in the tdm's

Yes, well said Rob. I'm usually one of the weak ones aswell but I love the craic with the lads. I don't really care about my stats so I sometimes go negative but I do keep an eye on my k/d if my team are losing and try to keep my deaths to a minimum. I don't care what set up people use and I certainly never slag them for using so called noob guns !!!!
    I do not enjoy being tubed out of it but in that situation I just change up my approach to try and counter them.
    Its no big deal. Its only a game after all.

Your new Tag got a schlaggin last night......
    I like it though...nice and short, smaller name/target over your head has got to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

There's a difference between banter and abuse. I have no bother giving or getting a bit of slagging, but it seems to have moved on from that going by what's been posted here.

As Claiva said, I got some stick for my new username: III Zed III, which reminded some of the guys of a character from Pulp Fiction. ;) I've no probs with anything like that at all Chunky.

Had some good games last night. Ran in three different parties throughout the night, and enjoyed them all.

• Advertisement

There's a difference between banter and abuse. I have no bother giving or getting a bit of slagging, but it seems to have moved on from that going by what's been posted here.

As Claiva said, I got some stick for my new username: III Zed III, which reminded some of the guys of a character from Pulp Fiction. ;) I've no probs with anything like that at all Chunky.

Had some good games last night. Ran in three different parties throughout the night, and enjoyed them all.

dead right mate you took it on the chin and we all got on with it . ha shamy got a fair bit of abuse over the whole ump thing aswell but he was very cheery last night ! his wife gave him m and m's and tea because he was a good boy and winning :) clive that last game a played with you was pretty good got some nice kills racked up with that pave low ;)

sierra117x wrote: »
    dead right mate you took it on the chin and we all got on with it . ha shamy got a fair bit of abuse over the whole ump thing aswell but he was very cheery last night ! his wife gave him m and m's and tea because he was a good boy and winning :) clive that last game a played with you was pretty good got some nice kills racked up with that pave low ;)

he was that happy last night sierra i wonder did he get the tea bag too !!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

jayus i must be a right grumpy cnut if ye notice that i'm happy one night :P

Why wouldnt i be happy noob tubing that english lad till he left the room

jayus i must be a right grumpy cnut if ye notice that i'm happy one night :P

Why wouldnt i be happy noob tubing that english lad till he left the room

ah poor luke id say he's still upset over it !!

ah sorry i couldnt join yer party last night lads i was playing with some real life friends when ye invited me :( i was disappointed after our game ended.

JamieDev wrote: »
    ah sorry i couldnt join yer party last night lads i was playing with some real life friends when ye invited me :( i was disappointed after our game ended.

no worries jamie sure jump in later we're on every night

AnneFrank wrote: »
    no worries jamie sure jump in later we're on every night
    Cool Cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Zed's Dead Baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Sorry kiely, the buddy was on my account, then watched the united reserves play scotland so wasn't on mw2, started back at college this week, into 4th year so it's knuckle down time, still i'll try get on for a few more games during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

sorry for not accepting the invite tonight cereal, wasn't going to be on long enough to be worth taking up a spot someone else could have

Advertisement