Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

CFC got a nuke in GW early today, then this evening Ben got one. And then he got another, but since I also got a nuke on the level, he kindly allowed me to call it in. Just 3 of us in the party and all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cossax wrote: »
    CFC got a nuke in GW early today, then this evening Ben got one. And then he got another, but since I also got a nuke on the level, he kindly allowed me to call it in. Just 3 of us in the party and all!

Wait, lemme get this right... The two of you both got a nuke in the same game?! If so, that's well impressive Furious!

Wait, lemme get this right... The two of you both got a nuke in the same game?! If so, that's well impressive Furious!

Indeed we did, Ben first and me second. Hardline, Harrier, Chopper, Nuke ftw.
    Was one off a nuke a few games later and I only had my Spas left, got picked off from the small sniper house near C Dom on Rundown while I was in the water. :eek: :mad:

Indeed we did, Ben first and me second. Hardline, Harrier, Chopper, Nuke ftw.
    Was one off a nuke a few games later and I only had my Spas left, got picked off from the small sniper house near C Dom on Rundown while I was in the water. :eek: :mad:

I'm very impressed. I'll be back on again tonight from 10pm til all hours :)

Gotta get cracking on my nuke challenge, still need 7 more!

I'm fairly sure though with the help of some boardsies (No boosting) I'll be able to get it done no bother!

I'm very impressed. I'll be back on again tonight from 10pm til all hours :)

I'm fairly sure though with the help of some boardsies (No boosting) I'll be able to get it done no bother!

Poor Perrin was killed when he was one off the nuke in Estate, I tried to lure someone out for an easy kill for him near C but the ****er had painkiller and wasted me and then Perrin.

Much easier with a full party I'd say, we were still trying the play objectives but just not as gung ho as normal. We didn't have the benefit of constant UAVs etc., which might be an idea if we're trying again tonight, some of us run 3/4/5 or something while the others run 7/11/25.

• Advertisement

Poor Perrin was killed when he was one off the nuke in Estate, I tried to lure someone out for an easy kill for him near C but the ****er had painkiller and wasted me and then Perrin.

Much easier with a full party I'd say, we were still trying the play objectives but just not as gung ho as normal. We didn't have the benefit of constant UAVs etc., which might be an idea if we're trying again tonight, some of us run 3/4/5 or something while the others run 7/11/25.

Haha I can just picture you running out in the open blasting off some rounds "hey you, enemy guy, look at me look at me" - "quick Perrin here comes one,shoot him"

"oh fúck I died, watch out Perrin!"

......"too late" *sigh*

Good idea having 4 ppl run 3/4/5 and the other 2 run 7/11/25. Could put it into motion later on tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Haha I can just picture you running out in the open blasting off some rounds "hey you, enemy guy, look at me look at me" - "quick Perrin here comes one,shoot him"

"oh fúck I died, watch out Perrin!"

......"too late" *sigh*

Good idea having 4 ppl run 3/4/5 and the other 2 run 7/11/25. Could put it into motion later on tonight

Seeing as it was your idea i think the fairest way to do this would be to give you the honour of running 3/4/5 while i run 7/11/25.

Regards.:)

celtic723 wrote: »
    Seeing as it was your idea i think the fairest way to do this would be to give you the honour of running 3/4/5 while i run 7/11/25.

Regards.:)

It was actually Furious' idea...
    which might be an idea if we're trying again tonight, some of us run 3/4/5 or something while the others run 7/11/25.

I said

So, me and you will run 7/11/25 and Furious and others can run 3/4/5 :cool:

It was actually Furious' idea...

I said

So, me and you will run 7/11/25 and Furious and others can run 3/4/5 :cool:

Smart man.:cool:

I don't mind running 3/4/5, I'm usually running 3/5/7 anyways in Dom so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

• Advertisement

I don't mind running 3/4/5, I'm usually running 3/5/7 anyways in Dom so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Good man Furious! Always willing to take one for the team :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thanks for that by the way cossax,to be honest I panicked when you got killed,emptied my whole clip into him,got killed,if I had more patience I could have just let him run off a pick and picked him off,ah well live and learn.

Domination on estate.

Score is 190 - 26 or some ****e.

I've 4 kills until a nuke....

The lads are telling me to hurry up before the game ends, and to make matters worse i've two shotgun shells left.

Get the 2 kills with the m1 shotgun, start to panic as the score hits 195 pick up an lmg and start shooting a guy. He goes down and i'm on 24 kills with the score at 199!!!!!

Run upstairs in c point dom and see a guy in the corner. Just as he's about to ruin my bank holiday monday i stab him and call in the nuke.

My first ever nuke and the lads will tell you it was pretty awesome seeing as the game nearly ended.:D

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that by the way cossax,to be honest I panicked when you got killed,emptied my whole clip into him,got killed,if I had more patience I could have just let him run off a pick and picked him off,ah well live and learn.

Ah I made the mistake of drawing out someone from their spawn, should have drawn them further away and legged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

That's mad. Where all the nukes on GW? DOM or TDM? I was playing regular DOM with shawpower last night and he got his first nuke on Rundown, Harriers / AC-130, icon4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I was right, last night was the night!

Finally overtook Top Dawg Killa. Got my winstreak up to 115 by the end of last night (and counting!)

I'd like to say I couldn't have done it without the help of fellow boardsies but I'd just be lying, it was all me. I'm awesome like that

:cool:

Thanks again to all for helping me get to Numero Uno!

The most important thing is your missus thinks its awesome ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Was playin a few games yesterday afternoon, on my todd, TDME.

Setup 7/11/25 for the first time - sure f**k it says I, I'll give it a shot.

So - Overgrown comes up - not my favourite map that's for sure. Select my rushing class, manage to pick off the 7 - calls in the Harrier.. Harrier takes me up to the 12.. Chopper Gunner next - takes the tally up to 19.

Heart in my fookin mouth time..

I call out to the others that I'm on for the nuke, and any vocal assistance would be appreciated - no reply and they go on as normal.

In the words of C-Lo - I thought - "Fook you".

I pick another guy off and then take off running parallel to the the long wooden bridge, towards the spawn point. Pick off another 2 - no ammo left.

Pick up one of the dead guy's weapon - an RPD - manage to knife two blokes in one of the houses... all the while the time is running out and our tally is getting closer to 7500.

One more - one more to my first ever nuke...

I turn around in the house a fraction of a second late and get done by a bloke with a shottie..

Gutted!

I was right, last night was the night!

Finally overtook Top Dawg Killa. Got my winstreak up to 115 by the end of last night (and counting!)

I'd like to say I couldn't have done it without the help of fellow boardsies but I'd just be lying, it was all me. I'm awesome like that

:cool:

Thanks again to all for helping me get to Numero Uno!

Phenomenal run dude, congrats. How do you manage to avoid getting thrown into a lobby where the game is nearly over (and losing heavily), or literally just over and lost? It's always happening to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

everlast75 wrote: »
    Was playin a few games yesterday afternoon, on my todd, TDME.

Setup 7/11/25 for the first time - sure f**k it says I, I'll give it a shot.

So - Overgrown comes up - not my favourite map that's for sure. Select my rushing class, manage to pick off the 7 - calls in the Harrier.. Harrier takes me up to the 12.. Chopper Gunner next - takes the tally up to 19.

Heart in my fookin mouth time..

I call out to the others that I'm on for the nuke, and any vocal assistance would be appreciated - no reply and they go on as normal.

In the words of C-Lo - I thought - "Fook you".

I pick another guy off and then take off running parallel to the the long wooden bridge, towards the spawn point. Pick off another 2 - no ammo left.

Pick up one of the dead guy's weapon - an RPD - manage to knife two blokes in one of the houses... all the while the time is running out and our tally is getting closer to 7500.

One more - one more to my first ever nuke...

I turn around in the house a fraction of a second late and get done by a bloke with a shottie..

Gutted!

Unlucky! Better than a host quit or EMP though. I had a few close calls before I got my first one too. It can be hard on TDM, cause if you have a good team you might not have time to get all the kills or have to share the airspace. And if you have a rubbish team there is good chance you'll get killed.

I got my first one on TDM, my team wasn't great but they all camped in the house in Estate. This worked out well, as I was able to flank everyone trying to enter the house, and when I got my air support the enemy team was always spawning outside.

It seems some other game modes makes getting nukes easier, such as Sabotage or Domination. Sabotage particularly, typically long games and it's quite easy to go for the nuke without completely sacrificing the objective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Sabotage particularly, typically long games

Jesus, you haven't played with us yet (ps3). Most games are under 3 minutes from spawn to explosion, we had a game in Derail the last night, was I think 1:12 from spawn to explosion :D

We had this angry scot mouthing at us, "-rabble rabble rabble- fvckin' noobs, plantin the bomb, its not meant to work lik that! -rabble rabble rabble-" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Jesus, you haven't played with us yet (ps3). Most games are under 3 minutes from spawn to explosion, we had a game in Derail the last night, was I think 1:12 from spawn to explosion :D

We had this angry scot mouthing at us, "-rabble rabble rabble- fvckin' noobs, plantin the bomb, its not meant to work lik that! -rabble rabble rabble-" :pac:

lol, that is true. I'm talking more about when playing alone. In almost all games I've been on (xbox 360) only a couple people in each team even try to plant the bomb. Usually the same on Domination too and capturing flags.

It's probably a good thing the nuke is gone + killstreaks don't add up to new killstreaks in Blackops. Who knows, people might actually play the objectives.

Saying that, a good, close game of Sabotage is one of the best game modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Playing dom on karachi and i'm 21-0

In the little room in the building by B (bedroom)

A guy sees me and I stand on the bed with the acr and he ****ing Rangers me :mad:

If I was smart I would've taken out the AA-12 and blew him away

Nearly my first nuke

Enigma IE wrote: »
    That's mad. Where all the nukes on GW? DOM or TDM? I was playing regular DOM with shawpower last night and he got his first nuke on Rundown, Harriers / AC-130, icon4.gif

CFCPower was GW (TDM IIRC), Ben and myself were in regular Dom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I really have to start playing with boardies!
    Me and a few mates play together now and again and when we have six together we do this thing called constant UAV. We play dom, everyone playing 100% objectively and we all turn on UAV. It is incredibally useful and teams of random pubs don't have a hope. We usually get to around 15 wins before people start splitting up.
    Honestly, these games are the most fun I ever have on MW2

CFCPower was GW (TDM IIRC), Ben and myself were in regular Dom.
    Cool, did you say you were running with hardline as perk 2?

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Cool, did you say you were running with hardline as perk 2?

I was, I think Ben was too but am not sure about Ross.
    I won't say it's easy to get a nuke or anything but I/most Boardies can usually get a pred relatively easily so one more kill and you have harriers and, more often than not, that gets you the chopper gunner. The most difficult bit is coming out of the gunner knowing you're 3/4 kills short and having to search for a kill when you're on edge and low on ammo!!

Also, not a bad idea to have someone keeping an eye on you while you're controlling it in case the enemy are using the killcam glitch.

Also, not a bad idea to have someone keeping an eye on you while you're controlling it in case the enemy are using the killcam glitch.

That's the one where they try and spot the green + on the map yea?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    That's the one where they try and spot the green + on the map yea?

I was thinking of pressing Start while watching the KillCam and being able to see his position and that of all his team-mates - makes it easy to end a killstreak.

Never heard about that one now.

• Advertisement

going on xbox now. Get your asses online.

Advertisement