Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Really? never tried that
    I wonder if it works for ordinary deaths?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

ajeffares wrote: »
    Really? never tried that
    I wonder if it works for ordinary deaths?

Yup, next time you die watch the KillCam and press start during it, you'll see his map position and that of his team-mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Clive, AnneFrank, Danger and myself were playing DOM on Sub-base last night. In the pre-game lobby, at least 4 of the other team had a clan tag of [HIDE]. So I politely asked them, well lads, are you campers or what's the story? No reply, fair enough.

Everyone spawns, we can't even find them for at least a minute. I get the first kill, taking one out coming around the Corner towards A. We were like WTF, where are they? I killed the same guy 5 games, call in a PRED, noticed they were all grouped together at that outlet past A. So I drop it on their head for a Multi-Kill. We still hadn't copped they were boosting at this stage, thought they were playing some stupid hide & seek game.

Anyway they disappear again, over at the outhouses out past C, corner of the map. Silly on our part for not checking the scores, they get air support (Harriers & Chopper), then maybe a minute or two later, call in a Nuke.

Fortunately I was the host and dashboarded before it went off. Pretty sad if thats how people get kicks out of the game. I was quite satisfied they didn't get their nuke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

ah man what a cracker tonight . some scot got a nice score.....by sitting at the back of the map camping in skidrow . gave him the necassary abuse in the lobby and he comes back with this load of crap about his score proving he did well and blah blah blah . up comes the next game.....lad gets absolutely trashed . not just him but his whole team is ass ra*ed by us . left the lobby before the next game :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

What happens in the hot tub stays in the hot tub :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

x43r0 wrote: »

Or on the pool table. Or the shower. Or the bed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

x43r0 wrote: »

'Cept herpes, that fcvker follows you home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Great games last night lads, from about 10 o'clock onwards. We never lost a match all night - comprehensively whooping the other team 9 times outta 10.

Comradery moment of the night - Emerald calls in a care package on Highrise - tis a chopper gunner, but he gets killed. He calls out for one of us to take it, I suggest we guard it until he can collect - we form a circle around it - he collects, calls it in, and gets the game winning kill and "Hi Def" unlock!!!

Actually met some decent blokes from England on the other side, complimented us on our gameplay - then left the lobby saying we were too good for them :P

Class "James Bond" games too :D

(as for what went on in Estate - I'll be in Counselling for months)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Fortunately I was the host and dashboarded before it went off. Pretty sad if thats how people get kicks out of the game. I was quite satisfied they didn't get their nuke.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly timed pal !

sierra117x wrote: »
    ah man what a cracker tonight . some scot got a nice score.....by sitting at the back of the map camping in skidrow . gave him the necassary abuse in the lobby and he comes back with this load of crap about his score proving he did well and blah blah blah . up comes the next game.....lad gets absolutely trashed . not just him but his whole team is ass ra*ed by us . left the lobby before the next game :P

the spaniards in the next lobby got some abuse too !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Sorry for not coming back on last night, think my last words on karachi were "Is it lagging for anyone else?" and then my connection went and my xbox froze. :(I wouldn't mind too much except that it was a close enough game and I was doing well, normally when I'm doing sh*t I never get disconnected.

BTW there has been some unreal amount of nukes and massive kill streaks from some of the guys, think Ross went 32-1 on afghan (he called out they were hiding in the back of the cave and a wall of fire and explosives from the team cleared them out) and x got a chopper gunner on rooftop, that was tough just because the other team were all sewer rats hiding in the buildings and underground. If you combine teamwork with any powerful killstreak you can maul teams.

If there is a load of us on again, maybe do a private boards only match (topdogkilla included) and do random teams like last time on highrise or domination?

AnneFrank wrote: »

yeah but that just ended up with an unintelligble roar from both sides that was quite funny . was a bit worried when they started getting ahead the feckers just kept hanging back and picking us off :mad: thank christ we won i can imagine the shame in the lobby afterwards:p

nice one to shammy on that game he pretty much carried is for the whole thing

yeah but that just ended up with an unintelligble roar from both sides that was quite funny . was a bit worried when they started getting ahead the feckers just kept hanging back and picking us off :mad: thank christ we won i can imagine the shame in the lobby afterwards:p

yes his boosting paid off !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I'll be on at about 7 tonight, so send an invite to Jones3r if you guys have space :P, been kicking ass the last few days so will prob be on for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

James bond was hilarious. Nothing beats a 6 man gang bang on the bed :D

Everyone was playing really well last night. I couldn't call in my chopper gunner cause emerald got there first :P

Those guys were really nice with there compliments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Even though they hid in back garage in rundown we were still campers ha ha

I dont remember carrying anyone , Karachi was a good laugh poor Scots lad went 3 -15 or something like that.

Shammy wrote: »

I dont remember carrying anyone , Karachi was a good laugh poor Scots lad went 3 -15 or something like that.

it was great craic alright i'll be on at 9ish again men,Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape !!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

it was great craic alright i'll be on at 9ish again men,Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape !!!! :)

"My sista has de airy armpits no"
    Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:D:D:D

claiva wrote: »
    "My sista has de airy armpits no"

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    my sista is in the bedroom !!!he was the funniest person i've ever heard online !!!we should have made friends with him !!

Shammy wrote: »

ah here mate i dont know about the rest of the lads but personally i went about 17 15 i wasnt exactly a major contributor and im pretty sure you where the only one with a 10 15 lead on your kills . this was just the one game mind as a team we kicked ass for the night with everyone playing quite well . that scotish lad had it coming . his argument was pretty much it didnt matter that i sat in the one spot for the whole game i still beat everyone else therefore im the best . and what happens next map when he cant camp in such a secure spot like that ? gets absolutely bitch slapped around the place . got him 3 or 4 times myself and im quite sure we had multiple predators harriers and a chopper gunner for good measure . unfortunate i didnt get the nuke in that one i ran out of ammo and got taken out of it from behind by scotty but happy at the overall rapage of the game :)

not sure if ill be on tonight lads ive a halloween party to attend so good hunting to all "league" members ;)

• Advertisement

ah here mate i dont know about the rest of the lads but personally i went about 17 15 i wasnt exactly a major contributor and im pretty sure you where the only one with a 10 15 lead on your kills . this was just the one game mind as a team we kicked ass for the night with everyone playing quite well . that scotish lad had it coming . his argument was pretty much it didnt matter that i sat in the one spot for the whole game i still beat everyone else therefore im the best . and what happens next map when he cant camp in such a secure spot like that ? gets absolutely bitch slapped around the place . got him 3 or 4 times myself and im quite sure we had multiple predators harriers and a chopper gunner for good measure . unfortunate i didnt get the nuke in that one i ran out of ammo and got taken out of it from behind by scotty but happy at the overall rapage of the game :)

not sure if ill be on tonight lads ive a halloween party to attend so good hunting to all "league" members ;)

what you mean you have a life !!!Make sure you turn on the alarm first !!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Aw...we'll miss you tonight buddy. Have fun though.:D

Long Live "The League" ;););)

claiva wrote: »
    Aw...we'll miss you tonight buddy. Have fun though.:D

Long Live "The League" ;););)

In the "League" we trustARL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

everlast75 wrote: »
    Great games last night lads, from about 10 o'clock onwards. We never lost a match all night - comprehensively whooping the other team 9 times outta 10.

Comradery moment of the night - Emerald calls in a care package on Highrise - tis a chopper gunner, but he gets killed. He calls out for one of us to take it, I suggest we guard it until he can collect - we form a circle around it - he collects, calls it in, and gets the game winning kill and "Hi Def" unlock!!!

Actually met some decent blokes from England on the other side, complimented us on our gameplay - then left the lobby saying we were too good for them :P

Class "James Bond" games too :D

(as for what went on in Estate - I'll be in Counselling for months)

Yeah, fair play to all for that. I really have to work on my care package placements :D 2 or 3 of them were hjacked last night.. :(..I normally run 3 (Uav) 4 (C-uav) and 5 (Pred). But I'm not gonna prestige again, so gonna work on getting some challenges etc. Really enjoyed the James Bond games at the end... it's an intense game, especially when JB is sniping and you don't know where it's coming from...:D..

On a side note, one thing that did sour the night was hearing, during one of the few games we were actually behind "we'd be grand if Nemesis didn't keep getting killed" while I did enjoy the games last night, I think i'll stick to FFA, I'd rather be calling myself useless than hearing it from somebody else..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Never heard that mate, nor would I say summit like that.. maybe it was said by whoever tongue firmly in cheek :) Ur always welcome to the parties dude - as are all on here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

In the "League" we trustARL :)

I'll be on later lads for some league action.

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I'll be on later lads for some league action.

i like it blacky,we might even get an oul game of footy in too

i like it blacky,we might even get an oul game of footy in too

i wasnt aware the league dabbled in football related matters . however as junior vice president im willing to flex the rules in this case .
    by the way clive grow a pair will ye your embarassing me

.....*wipes tear away*

what you mean you have a life !!!Make sure you turn on the alarm first !!! :)
    its life jim but not as we know it ;)
    yup yup and the cats out so the dog can raaaaapppppeeee her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

JeanClaude wrote: »
    On a side note, one thing that did sour the night was hearing, during one of the few games we were actually behind "we'd be grand if Nemesis didn't keep getting killed" while I did enjoy the games last night, I think i'll stick to FFA, I'd rather be calling myself useless than hearing it from somebody else..:D

It's not life or death, playing MW2 so I don't understand why anyone would have said that :confused:

Advertisement