Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

sierra117x wrote: »
    its life jim but not as we know it ;)
    yup yup and the cats out so the dog can raaaaapppppeeee her

nice !!The oul footy is good for a game or two before mw2,and at least i can win the footy !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

It's not life or death, playing MW2 so I don't understand why anyone would have said that :confused:

When was that said? Don't recall it and the only game we lost was on Rust and 2 people went badly negative and neither of them was you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Cossax wrote: »
    When was that said? Don't recall it and the only game we lost was on Rust and 2 people went badly negative and neither of them was you?

No, twas Karachi, the game where most of the other team had noobtubes + DC. We won the game but at one stage we were down about 8/10 kills (3200-4200) (I was 3-9 at the time :o ) we turned it around and won 7500-6800(or something like that)(I ended up 10-12).
    Don't think I played Rust last night, came up in the rotation once alright but was skipped, also we didn't lose a game last night.

JeanClaude wrote: »
    No, twas Karachi, the game where most of the other team had noobtubes + DC. We won the game but at one stage we were down about 8/10 kills (3200-4200) (I was 3-9 at the time :o ) we turned it around and won 7500-6800(or something like that)(I ended up 10-12).
    Don't think I played Rust last night, came up in the rotation once alright but was skipped, also we didn't lose a game last night.

Rust must have been after you left so? I don't think I was in that Karachi game...some of the nights and games are kinda merging into one another though!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JamieDev

Ah had fun playing with a few of ye last night. Its been a while....

Me trapping x43 in a corner = Priceless!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

The most topsy turvey night ever , got a nuke , next game killed on 24 kills , next game got killed at 19 kills with the ac130 still to use. Went from top of the table to bottom , back to top back to bottom , finished top using the intervention and fal for a few games , but when i used the ump or famas i was mid-table or worse :confused:

Sorry for jumping in the last game but ... i was getting :mad:

edit: Well played Mark on downpass (think thats the map) against zee germans , you won that on your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Shammy wrote: »
    The most topsy turvey night ever , got a nuke , next game killed on 24 kills , next game got killed at 19 kills with the ac130 still to use. Went from top of the table to bottom , back to top back to bottom , finished top using the intervention and fal for a few games , but when i used the ump or famas i was mid-table or worse :confused:

Sorry for jumping in the last game but ... i was getting :mad:

edit: Well played Mark on downpass (think thats the map) against zee germans , you won that on your own.

i feel like i missed out :( but i had some of my own modern warfare when my mate got shoved to the ground by some dope . guess who got milled out of it outside the bar ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

i feel like i missed out :( but i had some of my own modern warfare when my mate got shoved to the ground by some dope . guess who got milled out of it outside the bar ;)

ha ha good man Sierra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Played a few rounds with floyd, furious, ghandi and others (i'm crap with names) there last night doing mike myers and james bond.

I got bored hiding and instead tried to sneak behind mike and chase him, wish I had the benny hill music for that. Most of the time I would get too close and bump into him and get stabbed or fall from a height and kill myself. Furious had a marathon with mike on his tail for about a minute in highrise and managed to stay alive.

James bond was much more sedate until we got blocked into the bathroom and shot. I was trying to write rude things with a throwing knife but couldn't spell for sh*t. Sorry for bailing on you paddyman, dying with a headcold/manflu so had to conserve energy for the weekend.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Played a few rounds with floyd, furious, ghandi and others (i'm crap with names) there last night doing mike myers and james bond.

I got bored hiding and instead tried to sneak behind mike and chase him, wish I had the benny hill music for that. Most of the time I would get too close and bump into him and get stabbed or fall from a height and kill myself. Furious had a marathon with mike on his tail for about a minute in highrise and managed to stay alive.

James bond was much more sedate until we got blocked into the bathroom and shot. I was trying to write rude things with a throwing knife but couldn't spell for sh*t. Sorry for bailing on you paddyman, dying with a headcold/manflu so had to conserve energy for the weekend.
    Haha wonder who blocked ye :rolleyes:
    Great night last night, played from 9 till 3am with ye. Mike Myers was great craic. Pity that Lukesta guy never moved, oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Phenomenal run dude, congrats. How do you manage to avoid getting thrown into a lobby where the game is nearly over (and losing heavily), or literally just over and lost? It's always happening to me.

I only ever played when boardsies were online. Waited till I had 6 ppl in a party then continued to rape. We finally lost a game of Demolition against a team of OMA + DC peeps. They just sat back and launched noob tubes/semtex at both bomb sites. Was impossible to make it more than 15 feet without dying. Finished on 148 winstreak so chuffed with that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Last night was good fun.

Brings my nuke count to 3 in the last 3 days. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm convinced I could have had a nuke were it not for the bloodthirst of my team :)

We were on the kind of hotstreak where kills were hard to come by because someone else on your team prob got there first. My assist count was crazy all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I got the collateral and all-pro challenge with the 1 bullet last night , but.....I only shot 1 person (i had recorded that game ) even though it said i shot 2 the second one wasnt a headshot .
    Are they glitched ?

:D

EDIT: I don't think so Shammy, reckon MW2 just fecks up challenges every now and then - I recall one game where I got first blood with my knife and somehow got the challenge for knifing someone when I was out of ammo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Epic fun last night lads, the zombie mode on terminal and overgrown was gas (I knifed the zombie furious!), straight outta 28 days later. I should have been clever and picked a class with one man army or scavenger pro and not leg it towards the zombie. Kiely managed to put down fifa 2011 even and make an appearance as a zombie and I killed him 3 times in a row for not coming back sooner.

Sorry for leaving the throwing knife match on rust, connection went iffy, booted me from the party and then disconnected me as I was typing out a message saying I was going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

good games last night . added another nuke to my repertoire and got some of the higher gun challenges done so plenty of points all round . we played well as team last night especially when i got the nuke i was waiting for chopper to finish and it was getting close so the lads laid off on the kills to give me time to call it in :) sound for that lads appreciate it :)

Epic fun last night lads, the zombie mode on terminal and overgrown was gas (I knifed the zombie furious!), straight outta 28 days later. I should have been clever and picked a class with one man army or scavenger pro and not leg it towards the zombie. Kiely managed to put down fifa 2011 even and make an appearance as a zombie and I killed him 3 times in a row for not coming back sooner.

Paddyman was filling me in on this new Zombie game on the way to work this morning, sounds hilarious! Hopefully I'll get on tonight for some games!!

Anyone going on xbox now? If there is i'll go on as well.

Simon Says was epic fun!

Perrin and myself added to our nuke tallies last night, after the private games broke up. I joined Perrin's game of Dom in Carnival and was on the opposite team (he was already 33-2 and the game only halfway through) and we played until he called his nuke in, when suddenly half the frigging lobby left. :rolleyes:

Got mine on Scrapyard when Perrin very kindly stopped capping bases once I had it so I could get Ultimate Sacrifice. Had to wait till it was 186-185!

Almost got another on Trailer Park, was at A on 21/22 kills and some ****er I'd just killed there respawned about 6 inches away from me. :(:mad:

• Advertisement

Got two more nukes last night which brings my total to 5 in 4 nights. :D

Sincere apologies to x for calling it in too early. I'll refrain from doing so next time. :o

Congratz Ross, your on fire lately. Sorry wasnt on last night. Was at friends.

JamieDev wrote: »
    Congratz Ross, your on fire lately. Sorry wasnt on last night. Was at friends.

cheers, you've no excuses for not being on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Just finished purchasing a pair of Turtle beach X11's :cool:

Now gotta wait 3-4 Days.

Just finished purchasing a pair of Turtle beach X11's :cool:

Now gotta wait 3-4 Days.

Good man, we'll convert you to using SRP next. :cool:

Good man, we'll convert you to using SRP next. :cool:

Sit Rep Pro??

Ya remember AAAAGGES ago I was saying how I still had a load more devices to blow up?! Well, I still do :o

Only on 552

Sit Rep Pro??

Ya remember AAAAGGES ago I was saying how I still had a load more devices to blow up?! Well, I still do :o

Only on 552

EOD as a title and SRP emblem aren't anywhere near worth the effort that you need to put in to hit 750 devices shot.

EOD as a title and SRP emblem aren't anywhere near worth the effort that you need to put in to hit 750 devices shot.

Well I've got over 15 days of game play and no title/emblem yet but when I do I swear to christ I'll be wearing it forever more!!

But at the mo I really like my Global Thermonuclear War and EMP set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

good games last night . added another nuke to my repertoire and got some of the higher gun challenges done so plenty of points all round . we played well as team last night especially when i got the nuke i was waiting for chopper to finish and it was getting close so the lads laid off on the kills to give me time to call it in :) sound for that lads appreciate it :)

You ran riot in that game Sierra, great nuke. I got close myself today on my first attempt (23 or 24 kills) after unlocking it, DOM on Rundown. Ran out of ammo on my primary, went searching for last kill/s with my spas. Gutted. I probably wont be back on till middle of next week unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

celtic723 wrote: »
    Sincere apologies to x for calling it in too early. I'll refrain from doing so next time. :o

No worries, I was just having a bad night and was on a streak while on the roof of highrise (my natural habitat). First time I actually thought a nuke might have been on the way.

Was having a **** night of it in general, hence the fanny attack I had when you called it in when I was on 15ish. Nothing personal :)

Advertisement