Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Im not even using it right now, too much college stuff, anyway it wont be MW2 so it just wont be the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

.................the mrs got me a surprise for my bday.....................a ps3:eek:

Join Us Join Us Joiiiin Us:)

Join Us Join Us Joiiiin Us:)

The ghey thread is that way
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I think im already here

BazinGA!

• Advertisement

I think im already here

Sorry thought you were talking about the PS3 (aka cock lover 3000)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Those ps3 twats won't appreciate your weird sense of humour :(

Trade it for an Xbox.

Trade it for an Xbox.

For as long as I live. I doubt I'll ever forget the DJ line :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

For as long as I live. I doubt I'll ever forget the DJ line :pac::pac::pac:

That was epic. :D

Trade it for an Xbox.

True....but then theres always the possibility of a slow drawn out solid snake type rape if they don't.....snake....snaaaaaake!

• Advertisement

Actually can't believe I won a game of Gun game.....at the time of this writing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

What is this gun game I hear people speak off? I only know knivez!

roberto_futurama_knife.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Sorry about the non reply to the invites guys,I left the room for 10 minutes and didn't notice them till about half an hour later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cheers for the games Cossax,X and Raven... apologies for the disconecctions. My internet is acting the wag. Can't find a cable long enough to have it wired.

Anywho, the missus is calling Eircom today to hopefully get us cancelled and switched to UPC so I might be without internet again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Cheers for the games Cossax,X and Raven... apologies for the disconecctions. My internet is acting the wag. Can't find a cable long enough to have it wired.

Anywho, the missus is calling Eircom today to hopefully get us cancelled and switched to UPC so I might be without internet again :(

Call into a pc shop and they will make you the length of wire you need.
    When do you think you will be gone and back?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

CORaven wrote: »
    Call into a pc shop and they will make you the length of wire you need.
    When do you think you will be gone and back?

I had the missus call Eircom today and they want €119 for us to cancel.. Probably not going to cancel just yet. Not giving them the money for nothing. ****érs

So I'll go get myself super duper long cable when I'm off on Thursday.
    I'll try sort something out in the mean time as I was enjoying last nights games... Tis cool to start all over again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

I had the missus call Eircom today and they want €119 for us to cancel.. Probably not going to cancel just yet. Not giving them the money for nothing. ****érs

So I'll go get myself super duper long cable when I'm off on Thursday.
    I'll try sort something out in the mean time as I was enjoying last nights games... Tis cool to start all over again!

When you call Eircom, tell them that you're paying for a service you're not receiving, then mention that if this doesn't get resolved today, that you're going to ComReg. They should Sh!t themselves at the sound of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Im up for some Zombies if a few Xbox heads are around for the next hour or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Hoping to get on at my more usual play time tomorrow, haven't been partied up with some of the usual XBox crew in 4 or 5 days (I'm not gonna name names as I'd no doubt forget and offend someone!).
    Parties (Boards ones) are the main reason I clocked up so many hours on MW2 and I do miss kicking ass in Dom with full parties though smaller parties still manage it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Cossax wrote: »
    Hoping to get on at my more usual play time tomorrow, haven't been partied up with some of the usual XBox crew in 4 or 5 days (I'm not gonna name names as I'd no doubt forget and offend someone!).
    Parties (Boards ones) are the main reason I clocked up so many hours on MW2 and I do miss kicking ass in Dom with full parties though smaller parties still manage it too.

Absolutely - it will be nice to have a reunion :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Thanks to Shammy and Rob, Mark et al I got Hardline Pro last night. :cool:

It was astounding to see how many times I'd asked random teammates who had mikes to pick up a care package and they fookin waltzed by.

If I didn't want them to, the fookers would be all over a care package which I left alone for more than 5 seconds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

everlast75 wrote: »
    Thanks to Shammy and Rob, Mark et al I got Hardline Pro last night. :cool:

It was astounding to see how many times I'd asked random teammates who had mikes to pick up a care package and they fookin waltzed by.

If I didn't want them to, the fookers would be all over a care package which I left alone for more than 5 seconds :mad:

No bother Shay. You're more than welcome. I flipped a SAM to a Huey on one of them in Nuketown, so it wasn't really a hardship!! LoL Really enjoyed the games last night. Although it helps when you're doing well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I dont remember any losses :D

Shammy wrote: »
    I dont remember any losses :D

Nope. 2 hours play with no losses for either of us, including the games where we were playing with/against randoms. Best session I've had on BOps by a country mile. My k:d went from 1.17 to 1.25 I think, and I went comforably positive in every game I think.

I wonder how much that is to do with the better connection, and also what part the AK47 had to play. The minute I used it, it just worked. It'll be hard to use any other gun after trying it I think, although I'm looking forward to the G11. It looks pretty much a nailed on match to the Famas in MW2. So AK and G11 would be my guns of choice if that's true. :)

I went back after I finished and watched one of the games through on Theatre Mode. I think that'll be a great way to try to improve. Watch through the games and see your deaths. What pattern is there? Caught running too much? Not checking corners? Losing close battles to knifers etc. Or just losing plain 1v1 gunfights. Lots to be learned depending on what you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

shawpower wrote: »
    Nope. 2 hours play with no losses for either of us, including the games where we were playing with/against randoms. Best session I've had on BOps by a country mile. My k:d went from 1.17 to 1.25 I think, and I went comforably positive in every game I think.

I wonder how much that is to do with the better connection, and also what part the AK47 had to play. The minute I used it, it just worked. It'll be hard to use any other gun after trying it I think, although I'm looking forward to the G11. It looks pretty much a nailed on match to the Famas in MW2. So AK and G11 would be my guns of choice if that's true. :)

I went back after I finished and watched one of the games through on Theatre Mode. I think that'll be a great way to try to improve. Watch through the games and see your deaths. What pattern is there? Caught running too much? Not checking corners? Losing close battles to knifers etc. Or just losing plain 1v1 gunfights. Lots to be learned depending on what you see.

In the leaderboards for tdm for the week , i'm nearly sure you're at 1.69 . Overall k/d in combat report imo doesnt make a difference as objective games are in there.

I run out in the open like headless chicken , i need to slow down but.......:p

Shammy wrote: »
    In the leaderboards for tdm for the week , i'm nearly sure you're at 1.69 . Overall k/d in combat report imo doesnt make a difference as objective games are in there.

I run out in the open like headless chicken , i need to slow down but.......:p

Yeah, I'm doing much better now I'm getting used to the maps. Plus as you say, I'm playing mostly TDM this week so am really focussing on k:d more than I would when playing DOM etc. In those games, I rack up 5-10 stupid deaths as a rule, in trying to get to a flag 10 seconds earlier. :rolleyes:

If you're online, check out my stats for k:d while using the AK47? I think it's 1.88 or something, which would suggest that's roughly my average for last night as I only used the AK apart from a few kills with the auto pistols (best secondary with the crossbow!!). Not sure whether killstreaks count in that score though, or if it's only gun kills/deaths while holding the weapon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im going to the dark side for the weekend :P

I should do the lotto tomorrow because I rang xtra vision and they had all the copies of cod black ops out and while I was on the phone they got one back in stock so its saved up for me

Im not sure but shammy mentioned about 48hrs of online free with black ops or somthing along those lines, is that true?

Im not interested in getting a sub so I just want to try it out for the craic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Headshot wrote: »

I should do the lotto tomorrow because I rang xtra vision and they had all the copies of cod black ops out and while I was on the phone they got one back in stock so its saved up for me

Im not sure but shammy mentioned about 48hrs of online free with black ops or somthing along those lines, is that true?

You get a month of gold free as a trial when you set up an account.

Be prepared though, the gulf in class between the ps and xbox is nothing short of massive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

celtic723 wrote: »
    You get a month of gold free as a trial when you set up an account.

Be prepared though, the gulf in class between the ps and xbox is nothing short of massive.

I used up my month free awhile back

already getting the jibes in :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »

*roots around for banhammer but only finds...

toy-in182%20(3).jpg

:( *

Advertisement