Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Tbh I think all this bitching is due to the uneasy "peace" between the playstonians and xboxians.

Two warlike factions such as ourselves will never find peace, we are destined to rage war across the internet for all time. Unite fellow xboxians, under my common banner, accept me as King (I get first dibs on all carepackages) and we will drive the playstonians from this forum! Smite down all who oppose us and we will rule the INTERNET! Let me cast the first blow: I don't care for your symmetrically positioned analogue buttons!!
    P74qkNJhQr07ispdpR9Rykbpo1_400.jpg
    MUAHAHA.

Until the PC folk go and invent an xbox live virus.
    I may have been drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

yimrsg wrote: »
    Tbh I think all this bitching is due to the uneasy "peace" between the playstonians and xboxians.

Two warlike factions such as ourselves will never find peace, we are destined to rage war across the internet for all time. Unite fellow xboxians, under my common banner, accept me as King (I get first dibs on all carepackages) and we will drive the playstonians from this forum! Smite down all who oppose us and we will rule the INTERNET! Let me cast the first blow: I don't care for your symmetrically positioned analogue buttons!!
    P74qkNJhQr07ispdpR9Rykbpo1_400.jpg
    MUAHAHA.

Until the PC folk go and invent an xbox live virus.
    I may have been drinking.

i think its because some of us hate each other :P but we get over it its only a little internet bitching not like we really take shots at each other . it is after all a massive argument over who gets to be on my time and be my friend .

ps hilarious(:rolleyes:) as that post was please dont thank me ....i seems to upset certain people:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cossax wrote: »
    I found CTF much more difficult on this than I did in MW2, dunno if it's the lack of the party or what but it just seems that much more difficult to successfully grab a flag and make it back to your own base without someone mowing you down or without one of them hiding with your flag in the back of their base!

Yeah I agree, but Summit and the jungle level I cleaned up on. Grabbed every flag...all the others were tough alright and went down to the clock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

....Maybe CoD Beers isn't such a great idea

although cod :ultimate fighting champion is sounding better and better :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I think this whole thing with all you guys is horribly immature tbh. Cop on lads this was started to have a bit of fun with some lads from the forum. Reading some of this makes us all look like a load of drama queens. Move on the lot of ya ffs.

Totally agree with you dude, there is only one person constantly stirring it up though. And each one of these episodes always occurs inbetween his site ban periods. Draw from that what you will.

I couldn't give a monkeys really, just wish he'd go away and play with the traffic or something. I have 3 kids. I have enough childish and petty little arguments to deal with thank you very much.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No one is forcing anyone to go CR you know that. Beers are for having a few too many and having a laugh simple as. If people are having a massive fit and being continually aggressive over what is said on a forum they need to pull their head out of their ass and grow up. Quite pathetic to hold a grudge over the net. I personally can't be arsed with grudges all too much but there are always people out there that won't be of that mindset.

I've clashed with people on my footy forum(more or less no holds barred over there) over opinions and what not but when ya sit down to a pint, they're alright and are a laugh. Some of those who I've had numerous differences of opinion are now really good mates of mine.. maybe not down to football necessarily too just other common interests. That's my experience from a beers anyway, it could be different for anyone else who has has attended an internet beers I guess you could call it. I've only attended 2 before.

Anyone can be aggressive and act all tough behind a monitor I think we all know that but when push comes to shove they are usually big softies :p

For me personally I don't mind constructive criticism(via PM). That should be part of parcel of being a mod, but random abuse for taking action in accordance to something called a charter is a tad ridiculous if people can't see that, well.. there's not much I can do. If someone cannot follow the charter and hate how things are run, IMO don't post here or on boards in general. I can safely say if anyone is banned it won't be down to just my decision immediately. I personally look for feedback of other mods in what action is necessary in making an important decision. I'm still a newbie to the world of modding(at least on boards, other sites are fair less well constructed rules wise) and on the whole it's been a pleasure modding either of my boards as the people in general have respected the charter. I've let things slide more than most from what I've seen in other section of boards I will say that.

Back on topic, I do still have mind of setting up a beers. But not till sometime next year. Personally want to get my Jan exams out of the way. Hopefully by Feb/March at the latest we'll ALL attend a beers or a party at the Zoo in Leisureplex :D

I'd hope people can call a line under whatever issue they are having with who or whatever for now on :)

edit - Apolgises for going a bit off topic but meh, I felt clarity on my stance of modding was needed to be said after yesterday. Bar a few incidents in two-three months of becoming a mod I've had nothing to do except tidy up and I'm grateful for that being my only problem mainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Anyone can be aggressive and act all tough behind a monitor I think we all know that but when push comes to shove they are usually big softies :p

They've got blue pills for that biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I should have put in a smiley at the end... :o

Sorry Ade, I didn't meant to run it to the ground.

I'd still be up for a Beers night too. Maybe we could incorporate Sierra's idea too... Drunk cage fighting, nothing better! :p

I should have put in a smiley at the end... :o

Sorry Ade, I didn't meant to run it to the ground.

I'd still be up for a Beers night too. Maybe we could incorporate Sierra's idea too... Drunk cage fighting, nothing better! :p

CR I know you weren't entirely serious if at all. It was just a general note more than anything, usually you get odd right oddball attending a beers, again from my experience. I felt I'd like to be clear in my stance as a moderator on here too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Oh dear :( Seriously lads, why don't we just draw a line under it at this thread and agree to start afresh?

No need for any bans in this thread (nothing banworthy* imo) but no need for acting the hard man either. A COD ultimate fight competition is not a good idea either because someone could hurt a thumb and then how would you play? :pac:

Anyway, can we stop this crap (mods and users alike)?

For the record, publishing a PM without the permission of the person who sent it to you is a bannable 'offence'. Please don't do it again.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    A COD ultimate fight competition is not a good idea either because someone could hurt a thumb and then how would you play? :pac:
    QUOTE]

:( i was born without thumbs :(

in all fairness if we're going to limerick we may need to step up the aul offline fighting skills:pac: actual shooting/melee skills may be required:cool:

the cod beers thing probably shouldnt happen though there'l be too many bad feelings between certain groups/players better off if we all just do our own mini cod beers version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

sierra117x wrote: »

in all fairness if we're going to limerick we may need to step up the aul offline fighting skills:pac: actual shooting/melee skills may be required:cool:

I think you've been watching too much of this......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Shammy wrote: »

Classic Shammy, I've seen that vid before!!

we should make that video mandatory for anyone wanting to go :pac:

PMSL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Was playing domination with furious and x last night in jungle and I got about 7 or 8 care packages (I had sam turret, care package, sentry gun), was trying to get hardline pro and was giving them away. X had hardline pro and was changing them into all sorts of goodies. It's got ridiculous fairly quickly, b52s, dogs, blackbirds, chopper gunner, door gunner etc. Also can hacker pro boobie trap your own care packages?

I reckon they'll patch hardline pro so you can only change the care package and not the sam and sentry turrets, otherwise it's too powerful. Also the second chance is ridiculous, I was using a shotgun and needed 3 shots to kill at close range, 2 to down a person and another to finish them off. Just glad I was using the pump action and not the double barrel.

In another game, I got the valkyrie rockets from one and they kept killing me every time I fired them, I know benrob had this problem and I just kept laughing every time "benrobjon mistakes were made" appeared in the kill feed. Anyone else had that problem? I've used them before and they've behaved normally.

Also just saw this ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Was playing domination with furious and x last night in jungle and I got about 7 or 8 care packages (I had sam turret, care package, sentry gun), was trying to get hardline pro and was giving them away. X had hardline pro and was changing them into all sorts of goodies. It's got ridiculous fairly quickly, b52s, dogs, blackbirds, chopper gunner, door gunner etc. Also can hacker pro boobie trap your own care packages?

I reckon they'll patch hardline pro so you can only change the care package and not the sam and sentry turrets, otherwise it's too powerful.

That's pretty rare to be fair. In my rush class I use spy plane/Sam/CP killstreaks. So for every 4 killstreak, I have two packages.

Yes, I've played one or two games where I got excellent swap outs, but I've also swapped a Sam/Grim Reaper/Valkyrie for ammo or a spy plane. Seemed to be happening way more often yesterday, but perhaps that's just it balancing out.

Anyway, point is..... I don't think they need to get rid of the ability to roll over the Sam or Sentry really. Just make sure it's balanced, and that there is a risk of getting something crap. I mean, a sentry gun can be very powerful when utilised well (sometimes depends on map), so you're taking a big risk in swapping it out. I know I wouldn't swap out one in 99% of games.

In another game, I got the valkyrie rockets from one and they kept killing me every time I fired them, I know benrob had this problem and I just kept laughing every time "benrobjon mistakes were made" appeared in the kill feed. Anyone else had that problem? I've used them before and they've behaved normally.

lol, that happened to me a few times too. Although I was actually doing it.... kept pressing fire twice for some reason.... this obviously lead to it exploding in my face :D
    I'm assuming that's not your issue :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

this probably old news to you all but i died with a RCXD i hadnt used.

I killed a guy then used my RCXD and it counted to my killstreak (got a spyplane with hardline)

Thought that wasnt supposed to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

Technically you can stack killstreaks depending on how you use them, if for instance you blew up a car or barrel with your RCXD and killed some one in the explosion then it would stack as the game wouldn't count it as your RCXD getting the kill. Also works with chopper gunners if you shoot cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Were is everyone at?:(:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Dunno but I won't be back on till friday

Thats alright might give Bops a break forever:D!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    Thats alright might give Bops a break forever:D!

Say it ain't so!
    Funny the other nite we were in a party and one of us went to invite you but your status was "Benrobjohn is currently chasing a chicken in Fable 3"

Ah class! Had to put that chicken in its place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Sorry guys I didn't hop in with the invites tonight, I was in an epic zombie match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

What time will you guys be online tomorrow evening? Wouldn't mind joining in!

Just finished adding about 30 new tags from the tag thread too =]

Be on tommorow from 3 tilll bout 7 then I'll be watching EL Classico,Football the way it should be played!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

What's your tag? Gonna be a class match! :D

• Advertisement

benrobjon

Advertisement