Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

The whole stadium
    loudly cheers
    We’re the blue and claret supporters
    It matters not where we hail from
    Whether it's the south or the north
    Now we all agree, we all agree,
    One flag unites us in brotherhood.
    Blue and claret blowing in the wind
    One valiant cry
    We’ve got a name that everyone knows:
    Barça, Barça, Baaarça! Players, Supporters
    United we are strong.
    We’ve achieved much over the years,
    We’ve shouted many goals
    And we have shown, we have shown,
    That no one can ever break us.
    Blue and claret blowing in the wind
    One valiant cry
    We’ve got a name that everyone knows:
    Barça, Barça, Baaarça

2pp84w2jhc1fx0d6oi34.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

^^^:confused:^^^

Wut?

Anywho, sorry for rage quitting last night. Hate losing and couldn't understand how a team of 6 of us were losing to 6 randomers.

Jumped back to MW2 where I feel at ease and found Furious dishing the Justice on some folk.

Will be on again tonight.

Game: *TBC

*Most likely MW2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,080 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Raven came up with a class idea IMO...

Try to organise separate nights for MW2 and Black Ops?

Anyhoo Cereal - are ya sayin you prefer playin MW2 because you're more likely to win on that (which is what it sounded like there) or is it because you don't actually like the game? (not having a go - just asking :))

We used to demolish the opposition on MW2 - I mean, you even got a winning streak over a hundred. Overall, in MW2, where was the challenge on that?

Who's to say that with more time on Black OPs maps will be more familiar and winning will be more common!?

As I said to Ross last night, I tend to be less enraged with this game than with MW2...

everlast75 wrote: »

Anyhoo Cereal - are ya sayin you prefer playin MW2 because you're more likely to win on that (which is what it sounded like there) or is it because you don't actually like the game?

We used to demolish the opposition on MW2 - I mean, you even got a winning streak over a hundred. Overall, in MW2, where is the challenge on that?

Who's to say that with more time on Black OPs maps will be more familiar and winning will be more common!?

As I said to Ross last night, I tend to be less enraged with this game than with MW2...

I prefer playing the mass multiplayer games on MW2. Such as Demo, Dom, TDM etc but I do really like the wager matches on Blops, they're bloody brilliant.

I'm sure with time to come I'll adjust to Blops but for the moment I just can't get settled into it. One thing that bugs me and will never be patched is the lack of power in some guns. The M16 was lethal in MW2 6 shots w/o SP and 3 with it. Nothing like that now.

Another thing I don't like (Now this is a silly complaint I will admit) is the lack of leaderboard stats. Now I know there is but I just HATE the way it is set-up. I love looking at the leaderboard in MW2 and seeing how I pan out against my buddies.

I'll keep playing Blops till I get used to it and can form a proper opinion on it. Right now I'm only level 15 so have a tonne of things to unlock and will do in time.

I think losing those games last night just rattled me :) Not used to it ya know... Someone with a winstreak of 148 shouldn't have to put up with this :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,080 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I prefer playing the mass multiplayer games on MW2. Such as Demo, Dom, TDM etc but I do really like the wager matches on Blops, they're bloody brilliant.

I'm sure with time to come I'll adjust to Blops but for the moment I just can't get settled into it. One thing that bugs me and will never be patched is the lack of power in some guns. The M16 was lethal in MW2 6 shots w/o SP and 3 with it. Nothing like that now.

Another thing I don't like (Now this is a silly complaint I will admit) is the lack of leaderboard stats. Now I know there is but I just HATE the way it is set-up. I love looking at the leaderboard in MW2 and seeing how I pan out against my buddies.

I'll keep playing Blops till I get used to it and can form a proper opinion on it. Right now I'm only level 15 so have a tonne of things to unlock and will do in time.

I think losing those games last night just rattled me :) Not used to it ya know... Someone with a winstreak of 148 shouldn't have to put up with this :cool:

A not so subtle brag ;)

Fair points and well made.

Leaderboards are pants on Black Ops - but I tend to like the fact that there's no stopping power, so when you have the same connection, its a fair fight. I'd imagine leggin it around on MW2 would have some comforting familiarity.. anyhoo, I digress.

I reckon some games on each on different nights might help the transition :pac:

• Advertisement

A not so subtle brag ;)

Fair points and well made.

Leaderboards are pants on Black Ops - but I tend to like the fact that there's no stopping power, so when you have the same connection, its a fair fight. I'd imagine leggin it around on MW2 would have some comforting familiarity.. anyhoo, I digress.

I reckon some games on each on different nights might help the transition :pac:

I'm about as subtle as a gun (with SP :p)

Would definitely be up for MW2 and Blops nights. Great idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Anyhoo Cereal - are ya sayin you prefer playin MW2 because you're more likely to win on that (which is what it sounded like there) or is it because you don't actually like the game? (not having a go - just asking :))

We used to demolish the opposition on MW2 - I mean, you even got a winning streak over a hundred. Overall, in MW2, where was the challenge on that?

Whoops, forgot to post up here about it. As everlast said, we could try and set up a night where we play BOps and another we play MW2 together.

For example, we all play MW2 this Friday and BOps Saturday, and then the next week swap it around (if needed). This way no one is stuck on their own for not enjoying a game due to it's gammy mechanics - BOps spawning + firefights & MW2 randomness + explosions.

We just put the bitching, moaning and complaining aside, have fun and maybe rape the opposition. Opinions?

As above
    Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

I'd be up for that!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Works for me. I've been enjoying my time back in MW2 but I miss full parties, they're what make it most enjoyable IMO.

I find elements of BO great (dolphin diving FTW, no OMA/tubes, wager games) but I find MW2 just...more satisfying? Dunno how much is familiarity, the look, sound and feel of it, the challenges, the weapons (although the AK74U is slowly winning me over) or what, but MW2 just works for me.

I think we have, most nights I've gotten on since Black Ops release, struggled to get a full party together. Some of that is people not being on (damn uni) but I've noticed a few regulars have drifted to other games. It's just not the same anymore!

• Advertisement

Apologies to anyone who I rejected the invite from. I've gone back to MW2 for the moment. Have some challenges that wanna get done...

Apologies to anyone who I rejected the invite from. I've gone back to MW2 for the moment. Have some challenges that wanna get done...

I shall be joining you this evening, UML project done and dusted and time to go beast. :cool:

What time will you be on at? I might show the face!:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

sorry dudes i'll be on black ops. MW2 has ran it's course for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Cossax wrote: »
    I think we have, most nights I've gotten on since Black Ops release, struggled to get a full party together. Some of that is people not being on (damn uni) but I've noticed a few regulars have drifted to other games. It's just not the same anymore!

We've had full parties the last few nights. Turned people away last night even.

Come back!!!

I'll be on later playing either game,even though blops isn't very good.

Blops is awful so I'll be on MW2

Unfortunately I wont be on tonight. My missus just got home from a 2 week work trip in Morocco so gotta do the catch up business.

Plus I'm still playing on standard definition which really pisses me off as UPS wont deliver my elite because of the fukcing weather!

Unfortunately I wont be on tonight. My missus just got home from a 2 week work trip in Morocco so gotta do the catch up business.

Plus I'm still playing on standard definition which really pisses me off as UPS wont deliver my elite because of the fukcing weather!

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Blops is awful so I'll be on MW2

Matter of opinion.

Apologizes to FunkZ / lazyfingers88 in our earlier game,I actually wasn't trying to be sarcastic

• Advertisement

Cossax wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

LoL, didn't even re-read that one... I meant talk an hang out. She's dyin to tell me about the place.

Don't understand what you've to catch up on. Doubt her beef curtains have changed much in 2 weeks.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ah Perrin dude that was hilarious! No need to apologise, ya made me laugh! Great craic online with you lads!

celtic723 wrote: »
    Don't understand what you've to catch up on. Doubt her beef curtains have changed much in 2 weeks.:D

Ah them dirty Moroccans are always up to no good. But I checked this morning and they're in good nic.

....Maybe not so much now though, gave em a good seein ta!

Any of ye on now?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Matter of fact.

Apologizes to FunkZ / lazyfingers88 in our earlier game,I actually wasn't trying to be sarcastic

FYP

Ah them dirty Moroccans are always up to no good. But I checked this morning and they're in good nic.

....Maybe not so much now though, gave em a good seein ta!
    haha go team Xbox!

PS: Did you save it in your theater? If so a youtube upload is in order.

I don't like black ops because i die alot

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

No more Hardline Pro with Sam & Sentry guys..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lads i cant get any opponents turret for Ghost pro, so annoying!

Advertisement