Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Trilla wrote: »
    Lads i cant get any opponents turret for Ghost pro, so annoying!

I'm in the exact same situation, had all the other ghost pro parts done for ages, but no one ever calls in a sentry gun for me to destroy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Joneser wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same situation, had all the other ghost pro parts done for ages, but no one ever calls in a sentry gun for me to destroy :(

Saw someone suggesting running Sentry Gun yourself and throwing it towards the enemy, leaving them take it and then mashing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cossax wrote: »
    Saw someone suggesting running Sentry Gun yourself and throwing it towards the enemy, leaving them take it and then mashing it.

Never thought of that... Thanks!!
    Headshot wrote: »
    Right after a few games on the xbox my conclusion is as follows

bar frame rate i find there's no difference between the performance in the consoles, they both have ****ing annoying bugs like parties getting kicked, host migration crap and the game picking a crap crap host

Added you on XBL Headshot, LUHG

Just thinking what would be the best game mode to play in that a opponent would use a sentry gun? Oh and if anyone here comes across someone using one invite me in if I'm online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Just thinking what would be the best game mode to play in that a opponent would use a sentry gun? Oh and if anyone here comes across someone using one invite me in if I'm online :)

In 3 games i threw 9 sentry guns into the opposing spawn , the following happened , my greedy teammates robbed them , or the cnuts on the opposite team had hardline -pro and changed them.
    I gave up after that.

For me ghost-pro is the campers perk , i see it alot in dom and hq where people that use it dont bother playing the objective and just want to rack up kills.

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    In 3 games i threw 9 sentry guns into the opposing spawn , the following happened , my greedy teammates robbed them , or the cnuts on the opposite team had hardline -pro and changed them.
    I gave up after that.

For me ghost-pro is the campers perk , i see it alot in dom and hq where people that use it dont bother playing the objective and just want to rack up kills.

True, I've no interest in camping, getting a good K/D or even prestiging.... I just want to get all the perks and enjoy the game!

Really liking headquarters and capture the flag in Bops, played them very rarely on MW

Shammy wrote: »
    I gave up after that.

Been fixed now, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Been fixed now, no?

Supposed to be i havent been on yet today , it was at the start of the week when i went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

Hey lads, i'm just wondering how does someone get in on the board member games of black ops?

Carrollj wrote: »
    Hey lads, i'm just wondering how does someone get in on the board member games of black ops?

Go to the Sharing Gamertags thread, stick your GT there and add some of those already there. Once you've done that, wait for an invite/invite Boardies along and off ya go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Carrollj

Great stuff, thanks Cossax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

Carrollj wrote: »

Hi Carrollj,
    I'm new here too and was wondering the same.....Jameszy1 is my GT.......invite me if ya like.
    :)

Got ghost pro, thanks to the guy who left his turret hanging out of the upstairs window in nuketown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Do you lose all your perks if you decide to prestige? Im not sure if its worth my while getting all the pro perks now (im level 38) if i'll lose them soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

bubbleking wrote: »
    Do you lose all your perks if you decide to prestige? Im not sure if its worth my while getting all the pro perks now (im level 38) if i'll lose them soon

Yes you lose all perks. It will keep your clan tag and playercard but you can't use them till you unlock them again. Also seems to keep your recticles,well deffo the coloured ones anyway don't bother with the shapes and such myself but again only when you unlock them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Had a few good games of headquaters on blops with Ross and Boronic/Coraven and Jarvis. Don't think the other team/teams captured one HQ while we were playing it. We beasted!!:)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,080 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

We need to get more of those kinda nights on in Black Ops... with you too furious!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

jesmed wrote: »
    Hi Carrollj,
    I'm new here too and was wondering the same.....Jameszy1 is my GT.......invite me if ya like.

I'm on the xbox every night - Dunnel009
    Would love to play some boards games, Oh and add my friend Treatymanrules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Got ghost pro, thanks to the guy who left his turret hanging out of the upstairs window in nuketown

Finally got my ghost pro too, a team mate called in a sentry gun and an enemy used hacker pro on it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Dunnel009 wrote: »
    I'm on the xbox every night - Dunnel009
    Would love to play some boards games, Oh and add my friend Treatymanrules

Same here. Dispite posting quite abit on these forums i have yet to play with any boardsie's, well not that i know off. Lots of Irish people playing in lobbys im in, player card is a dead give away (either the tri-colours or green white and orange emblems :P)

Playing most nights. Anyone wanna add me the GT is Quetzal84

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    We need to get more of those kinda nights on in Black Ops... with you too furious!!! ;)

I might stick BO into the XBox later. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Same here. Dispite posting quite abit on these forums i have yet to play with any boardsie's, well not that i know off. Lots of Irish people playing in lobbys im in, player card is a dead give away (either the tri-colours or green white and orange emblems :P)

Playing most nights. Anyone wanna add me the GT is Quetzal84

Well I'll accept any request from anyone here,not at home during the week so can't add people then and usually forget to when I get home

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Some great games last night with yimrag, ross, a few lads from on here with whom I haven't played with before, and then Ghandi started the midnight shift ;) 200-0 was one of the scores on a game of Headquarters!

More nights of that please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

thanks to the guy who left his turret hanging out

Duuuuurty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

love to play with some boardies.Any bums not in work online now ? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

lads yee can add me... jonnycivic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Well I'll accept any request from anyone here,not at home during the week so can't add people then and usually forget to when I get home:

Just sign up on Xbox.com

You can send friend requests from that website, so no need to worry about whether XXxxLE3tSn1p3rX0x0 spelt his name with an E or a 3...:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Traitor! :(

Traitor! :(

When it comes to the transition to Black Ops, I would use the phrase "don't fight it".

These words should sound very familiar to you, given your boards name ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

My glorious return will begin tonight

To all opponents:

Prepare your anuses

Advertisement