Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Traitor! :(

I don't think I've been on since the night before I said it, don't worry! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

everlast75 wrote: »
    When it comes to the transition to Black Ops, I would use the phrase "don't fight it".

These words should sound very familiar to you, given your boards name ;)
    x43r0 wrote: »
    My glorious return will begin tonight

To all opponents:

Prepare your anuses
    Cossax wrote: »
    I don't think I've been on since the night before I said it, don't worry! :P

So much win in 3 posts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,065 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Another beast of a night last night - with benrobjon, X, ymirag, BORonic et al.... 200 - 8 on demolition. I made a comment I won't be repeating on here, but suffice as to say, in involved a help-line for surprise sex victims.

Plenty of banter too, what with X throwing a party and not inviting the lads.. tut tut ;)

P.S. this is the vid X was talking about last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Another beast of a night last night - with benrobjon, X, ymirag, BORonic et al.... 200 - 8 on demolition. I made a comment I won't be repeating on here, but suffice as to say, in involved a help-line for surprise sex victims.

Plenty of banter too, what with X throwing a party and not inviting the lads.. tut tut ;)

Damn it. Raging I couldn't take you up on your invite, as it's been way too long since I ran with the boards guys. I literally was finishing up minutes after you sent the invite, so there was no point. :(:mad: But sure there'll be another night soon no doubt. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Is it wrong that i recognised a few people in that vid :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Another beast of a night last night -

was in on some of the domination games last night, have to say it was refreshing to see people play as a team and actually working together trying to get teh objectives unlike when I'm with a bunch of strangers who seem to thing it's a game of TDM.

feel free to add me lads gamer tag is faolchu eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Shammy, personally? :D

Is the guy in the mitzi the guy from that RTE show where they didn't drink for 6 months or does he just look like him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Got my Kontrol Freeks in the post today so will be busting them out later.

Had a quick go there just to test them out and I went 24-2 in a game with randomners (something I don't do) so there may be some value in these little lads :)

Geat vid btw ^^^^

Also I have a strange urge to play MW2 and I hate myself for wanting to but I have the entire weekend free so might give it a go at some point if people here want to join in

Are they difficult to use X? Obv it feels different in your hand but does it make ya hold the controller in any sort of an awkward way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Are they difficult to use X? Obv it feels different in your hand but does it make ya hold the controller in any sort of an awkward way?
    I've had the control freak for 6 months or more. Takes a little getting used to I found, it did feel awkward at first. Now any controller without a freak attachment feels weird!!

• Advertisement

And how have you found it to improve your game? Like what aspects has it improved for you personally? Just looking to get some first hand info from people I somewhat know instead of reading reviews on the Official site.

They feel very awkward at first alright. I only played one game so far but I liked them. I felt like I had more control over my movement and more accurate in said movements as a result

Shammy wrote: »

Me too, helps that I went to the Best School in Ireland (tm).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69500728&postcount=4218

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭jesmed

Is anyone online now for some BO......have tried looking for other boardies but never seem to be able to hook up with anyone. Not familiar with hosting parties or getting involved with any teams yet.....:o

I'd play but I'd be of no use. Currently suffering from the worst hangover of 2010. Will probably be on later though when I've come around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Right I rent out the xbox version for the week and got xbox life for 3 months

Now I cant get a game at all

It keeps ssaying found 50 matches etc

I just cant join any game

btw wasnt there a patch for the game that came out a few weeks back, how come the xbox didnt update the game :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Anybody on tonight?:D

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    Anybody on tonight?:D

Might be later, have to study some Java before going on. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Headshot wrote: »
    Right I rent out the xbox version for the week and got xbox life for 3 months

Now I cant get a game at all

It keeps ssaying found 50 matches etc

I just cant join any game

btw wasnt there a patch for the game that came out a few weeks back, how come the xbox didnt update the game :confused:

Adjust nat settings maybe?

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    Adjust nat settings maybe?

I used wireless connection on the xbox but changed to Ethernet cable and all is well now

the cable I know that nat is open with so all is well

edit

its weird that the xbox controller is lovely but its ****ing sweats up my hands in no time, strange stuff

good games tonight and not bad for someone who isnt use to the xbox controller and boy do my hands feel the pain after it

xGrizzle was well out in force tonight! NoScoping like a boss :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

We had a few brilliant games of Sticks and Stones and Gun Game last night.
    They really are great craic when you have a party of lads on.
    Good times.
    I've finally found some gametypes that make Nuketown enjoyable maps to play on !!!!!
    :D

Sorry lads, I had to jump out of that game of HQ last night, I had 2 bars for those couple of games where almost everyone else had 4. I kept getting disconnected playing Fifa 11 online also, therefore my connection was dodgy last night.

Yeah I think it is your connection son, I was getting bad connection issues when you were in the party aswell but I was grand once you legged it.
    Effin UPC son.
    Amateurs.

claiva wrote: »
    Yeah I think it is your connection son, I was getting bad connection issues when you were in the party aswell but I was grand once you legged it.
    Effin UPC son.
    Amateurs.

It was definitely my connection last night pal, no doubt. Will do some debugging later.

Enigma IE wrote: »
    It was definitely my connection last night pal, no doubt. Will do some debugging later.

No better Buachaill !!!
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I had to jump out of that game of HQ last night, I had 2 bars for those couple of games where almost everyone else had 4. I kept getting disconnected playing Fifa 11 online also, therefore my connection was dodgy last night.

I thought i was hosting when i saw you and sierra were on 2 bars but then i noticed i was going from 3 to 4 so it wasnt me :eek:

• Advertisement

I thought i was hosting when i saw you and sierra were on 2 bars but then i noticed i was going from 3 to 4 so it wasnt me :eek:

Not you this time Shammy!

Advertisement