Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

claiva wrote: »
    We had a few brilliant games of Sticks and Stones and Gun Game last night.
    They really are great craic when you have a party of lads on.
    Good times.
    I've finally found some gametypes that make Nuketown enjoyable maps to play on !!!!!
    :D

ha ha ha you running away last night was effing hilarious ....you've gotten a lot better from the first night though ....thought i was in for a few easy games there....ye danced all over me ye cnut . you and nitrox :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

any decent clans on here? I might know a clan willing to beat you down challenge you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

I reckon i could get 6 players to play you in a little clan match,depends what game type?

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    I reckon i could get 6 players to play you in a little clan match,depends what game type?

Hardcore CTF?

I don't think so! Terrible game type and mode.

• Advertisement

well the game type is a matter of opinion but as far as skill goes Hardcore >>>> core. I would actually like to know why you think core is better?

Okay i can sit in a corner with a pistol and look down scope and with one shot your dead. It's too campy! You can rarely run and gun,unless your playing some one very bad!

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    Okay i can sit in a corner with a pistol and look down scope and with one shot your dead. It's too campy! You can rarely run and gun,unless your playing some one very bad!

ah in fairness I dont think there is any pistol in the game that will kill you with one shot (barring a head shot) most guns take at least 2 hits to get a kill (beside some of the more powerful ones that only take one). I dont like core because the HUD is always up which means stuff like spy plane/counter spy plane/Blackbirds and even RCxd's lose their value. Its also annoying when you get 4 hits with a sub machine gun and someone can recover full health after 10 seconds.

Object games also draw people out and make camping less rewarding - they also add another dimension by getting you to use Tac inserts, claymore placements etc etc

oh also I forgot to add - hardcore doesnt show kill cam which is obv better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

I wouldn't think ctf is too campy...you have to capture flags after all:p Maybe a game of each-CTF and what ye play?

yeah if we say one game of HCTF
    your specialty
    a third "deciding" game picked by both teams

• Advertisement

HCTF is campy you have 1 runners maybe 2 if you need it and 4 camping. 2 midway in the map and 2 on your own flag.There isn't much fun involed in that it's more real life strategy,which is boring,i'm not in the army so I don't bother with it! [It's not real life,it's a game!:)]

^^^^

that strat will have you beaten very easily ;)

I get bored easily enough with games that don't have an object

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I can't stand any game type in hardcore tbh

1 or 2 hit kills with a pistol is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Ben, Crap? :P

Never heard those two words in the same sentence (related to COD)

He's easily the best player I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Not that you're biased! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

bubbleking wrote: »
    well the game type is a matter of opinion but as far as skill goes Hardcore >>>> core. I would actually like to know why you think core is better?

Your wrong there mate , lets go back to cod4 when hardcore and core were all in the same ladder , season 1 , 24 teams that made it to the play-offs were hardcore the other 12 were core , not one hardcore team made it to the semi's , after that they made a hardcore ladder for all the campy skill full people who had a problem killing people with more than 1 bullet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

bubbleking wrote: »
    ^^^^

that strat will have you beaten very easily ;)

I get bored easily enough with games that don't have an object

Get it organised then.

My clan and myself will have no qualms ensuring your little ''oh so brilliant'' players turn their xbox's off in disbelief when they are raped beyond their wildest dreams.

Organise it and post back here. Can't wait.

Who said ben is crap?

Dunno about the best player you've ever seen but he's certainly one of the best i've played with/against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Shammy wrote: »
    Your wrong there mate , lets go back to cod4 when hardcore and core were all in the same ladder , season 1 , 24 teams that made it to the play-offs were hardcore the other 12 were core , not one hardcore team made it to the semi's , after that they made a hardcore ladder for all the campy skill full people who had a problem killing people with more than 1 bullet.

Pretty sure competitive cod on the PC is all hardcore tho(Skill level on the PC is far beyond consoles in competitive gaming) and its anything but a campfest. I hate hardcore public games tho... booooooorring. I'd say its only good for competitive SnD matches with teams that actually have strats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Magill wrote: »
    Pretty sure competitive cod on the PC is all hardcore tho(Skill level on the PC is far beyond consoles in competitive gaming) and its anything but a campfest. I hate hardcore public games tho... booooooorring. I'd say its only good for competitive SnD matches with teams that actually have strats.

I cant comment on competitive pc gaming , but as you know keyboard and mouse is 10 times faster than a joypad. I know a guy who used to play with banana's and pyjamas , and the dark nomads , he used to go to all the lans in england france and germany , but he cant adjust to the joypad......

Mlg rules for black -ops btw

To access the MLG Settings & Gametypes, Send a Private Chat invite to “MLG Gametypes” > Select MLG Gametypes from the chat menu > Select View Profile > Select View CoD Playercard > Select File Share > Download the Game Types.

Major League Gaming Black Ops Rules v1

All Games
    Hardcore Mode: Disabled
    Allow Killcam: Enabled
    Headshots Only: Disabled
    Allow Sprint: Enabled
    Force Respawn: Enabled
    Wave Spawn: Delay None
    Max Health: Normal Health
    Regen: Normal
    Spectating: Team Only
    Friendly Fire: Enabled
    Class Editor: Allow Player Classes
    Killstreak Editor: Don't Allow Killstreaks
    Perk Editor: Allow Perks
    Game Recording: Disabled
    Party Privacy: Closed

Capture the Flag
    Time Limit: 5 Minutes
    Flag Return Time: 30 Seconds
    Enemy Carrier on Radar: Delayed
    Touch Return: Enabled
    Round Win Limit: 2 Rounds
    Capture Limit: 10 Flags
    Respawn Delay: 5 Seconds
    Number of Lives: Unlimited

Demolition
    Time Limit: 3 Minutes
    Bomb Timer: 45 Seconds
    Plant Time: 5 Seconds
    Defuse Time: 5 Seconds
    Extra Time: 2 Minutes
    Round Switch: Every Round
    Round Win Limit: 2 Rounds
    Respawn Delay: 7.5 Seconds

Domination
    Time Limit: 8 Minutes
    Score Limit: 1000 Points
    Round Limit: 2 Rounds
    Flag Capture Time: 10 Seconds
    Respawn Delay: 7.5 Seconds

Search and Destroy
    Time Limit: 2.5 Minutes
    Bomb Timer: 45 Seconds
    Plant Time: 7.5 Seconds
    Defuse Time: 7.5 Seconds
    Multi Bomb: Disabled
    Round Switch: Every Round
    Round Win Limit: 4 Rounds
    Number of Lives: 1 Life

Banned
    Secondary Launchers
    Nova Gas
    Decoy
    All Equipment
    Warlord
    Second Chance
    Grenade Launcher
    Flamethrower

• Advertisement

celtic723 wrote: »
    Get it organised then.

My clan and myself will have no qualms ensuring your little ''oh so brilliant'' players turn their xbox's off in disbelief when they are raped beyond their wildest dreams.

Organise it and post back here. Can't wait.

pm sent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Can I come too?

051.jpg

Can I come too?

do you have a clan looking for a game too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

celtic723 wrote: »
    Get it organised then.

Reporting in :cool:

ok lads just posting up some of the rules so anyone who wants a game can have a look.

best of 3 "games"
    1 game of HCTF - best of 3 (if its 1-1 it goes to overtime)
    1 game of your specialty
    1 deciding game if needed

some obvious rules such as no lag switching, dash boarding, hacking or anything that can be considered as cheating etc

If anybody has any other rules they would like to throw in just stick them up here

edit - also there is a ban on noob tubing
    joking
    but seriously no fooking noob tubing

No second chance pro.
    Keep dropshotting to a minimum. (It's very dickish).

drop shotting?

Just checked out that forum and they are really giving it laldy.

Thinking they can beat us with 4 players. :pac::pac::pac:

It's been arranged that it'll be on after 9pm on a weekday night probably as that's when most people are around.

One gametype they chose is HCTF, i'm thinking Team Deathmatch for us, and then possibly domination as the joint aggreement. Let me know what you think. Here's those who've said they'll play.

Myself
    CORaven
    x
    Seamus
    cfcpower
    Shammy
    Elkat (i think)
    Benrobjon (i think)

If i forgot anyone just let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

This is when 2 xboxs would really come in handy :mad:

• Advertisement