Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 CokeyBear

Got my Xbox live sorted and a good quality headset so add me there lads.

Gt: CokedUpKolaBear

Just says boards in the message so I know who you are. Haven't got Bops yet so only playing Mw2 for now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Post your GT here plus it's best if you add people with a note saying you're from Boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Hello lads, I'm mlindsay215 (Mark) from the hardcore IRL clan.

Just wondering if you have a date time yet set for this clan match. Many of our members are looking forward to this, as are others disapointed they won't be participating.

So providing this first match is successful we could organise monthly events in order to keep all our skills in check.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

P.S,

I'm sure few of you read our forums but just be aware that anything derogatory or flamish is just a sign of passion for the clan, we do hope we can get some civil games on the go, and make it an on-going trend.

Thanks again,

Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

How are things lads?, as Mark has said it would be great to have some sort of monthly game just for a bit of craic *cough bragging rights cough* between ourselves. Any slagging/mocking I hope is just part and parcel of it and that it is not taken too seriously. We are after all boards members!

P.S Don't worry Ross I saw you in that game last night too doing a bit of spying.I hope you wern't too scared from what you saw:p

I'm sure few of you read our forums but just be aware that anything derogatory or flamish is just a sign of passion for the clan, we do hope we can get some civil games on the go, and make it an on-going trend.

Thanks again,

Mark.

Tried to read your new forum. Had to reg, which I did. Was told to wait for an activation code from admin, never arrived.

Have no interest in posting, just wanted to lurk

• Advertisement

Tried to read your new forum. Had to reg, which I did. Was told to wait for an activation code from admin, never arrived.

Have no interest in posting, just wanted to lurk

Unfortunatly that new forum is for dedicated IRL clan members only. We give all new members a code which they must recite upon registration. If you didn't have a code and we didn't regocnise the name you wouldn't have been accepted.

Sorry :p

Unfortunatly that new forum is for dedicated IRL clan members only.

Bit gay to be fair.

Bit gay to be fair.

Maybe so, but definitly sensible. We once used to discuss tactics for various clan matches and scenarios in the boards. We then played an English clan who based an entire strategy around what we discussed in the boards. Thankfully we where all using mics and a quick change of tactics lead us to a swift victory. Afterwards their leader and a few of our members had a little chuckle at their sneaky sneakiness.

Still, what if we played a clan that required specific strategic manoeuvers? Maybe a clan like yours? Maybe your clan?

So the website was made to keep nosey people out. We discuss magical rainbows, fairy dust and the wonders of alcohol on the boards, and everything clan based on our website. Need to know, yano.

Still, what if we played a clan that required specific strategic manoeuvers? Maybe a clan like yours? Maybe your clan?

lol. We dont have a strategy. I didn't think you could strategise a raping.

If there ever was a strategy to be put in place I severely doubt it would be discussed here anyways. Not for tactical reasons but because we're all good enough to just adapt to a certain game level without blue prints.

lol. We dont have a strategy. I didn't think you could strategise a raping.

The best rapings are always through pre-organise tactics........as we will display to yourself ASAP. ;)
    If there ever was a strategy to be put in place I severely doubt it would be discussed here anyways. Not for tactical reasons but because we're all good enough to just adapt to a certain game level without blue prints.

So you've never discussed beforehand who will defend Point A,B,C and who will attack? All stratagies, and if you don't use these, our victory will be as swift as it will be sweet.

(Which will be "very") :D:P

• Advertisement

So you've never discussed beforehand who will defend Point A,B,C and who will attack? All stratagies, and if you don't use these, our victory will be as swift as it will be sweet.

Honestly, no. If we ever played CTF, as the screen was loading the game we would quickly say right x,y,z are runners and a,b,c are defenders. That'd be the height of it.

You don't need to tactics when you're as awesome as me (us) :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Hello lads, I'm mlindsay215 (Mark) from the hardcore IRL clan.

Just wondering if you have a date time yet set for this clan match. Many of our members are looking forward to this, as are others disapointed they won't be participating.

So providing this first match is successful we could organise monthly events in order to keep all our skills in check.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

P.S,

Thanks again,

Mark.

Your clan is the rate determing step in this clan match. You only have 6 players. They'll all have to be there at a certain time. Our clan has over 15 members which means if those who are chosen aren't present at the time then someone else will be chosen to take their place for the 3 chosen game modes. I asked bubbleking to get back to me regarding times and dates, i'm still waiting....

PS @ Walshy: I wasn't scared by anything i seen. Was only in the game about 5 minutes and managed to kill you a few times when you were rushing our flag.

Originally Posted by mlindsay215 viewpost.gif
    So you've never discussed beforehand who will defend Point A,B,C and who will attack?
    we would quickly say right x,y,z are runners and a,b,c are defenders.

Sounds awfully like a tactic to me. :P
    You don't need to tactics when you're as awesome as me (us) cool.gif

Sounds awfully contradictory to me :P.

HOWEVER, as soon as we can arrange said match we can see who's style is better. Speaking of which, what time and days suit you guys. Get back to me ASAP so I can arrange it with the other lads.

celtic723 wrote: »
    Your clan is the rate determing step in this clan match. You only have 6 players. They'll all have to be there at a certain time. Our clan has over 15 members which means if those who are chosen aren't present at the time then someone else will be chosen to take their place for the 3 chosen game modes. I asked bubbleking to get back to me regarding times and dates, i'm still waiting....

PS @ Walshy: I wasn't scared by anything i seen. Was only in the game about 5 minutes and managed to kill you a few times when you were rushing our flag.

Our clan has 26 members and that's only for COD, if we counted BFBC2 as well we're looking at over 35, we have a list of regulars, people on at least once a day for an hour, as mentioned in my sig. As for time and dates we're normally active between 6pm and 12am. Most days, however specifics are up to you, decide when you're 6 will be free and ready and we'll try and work something out.

In regards to the walshy thing, he's not invunerable, off course he'll die ;).

I'm on tonight if this game is to go ahead.

Hehe, I like the enthusiasim, but I think a three-day grace period is suitable if we're to have a proper match, make sure everyone's best six is there.

Hehe, I like the enthusiasim, but I think a three-day grace period is suitable if we're to have a proper match, make sure everyone's best six is there.

Saturday? 8pm perhaps?

Next saturday? 8pm perhaps?

I'll post back later when I put this to the lads. Sounds good to me.

I'll post back later when I put this to the lads. Sounds good to me.
    By ''next saturday'' i mean the saturday that is coming. I.E the 1st.

By ''next saturday'' i mean the saturday that is coming. I.E the 1st.

Yeah new year's day. I understood, I've posted it up on the website literally just there, so when I get news you'll get news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Maybe so, but definitly sensible. We once used to discuss tactics for various clan matches and scenarios in the boards. We then played an English clan who based an entire strategy around what we discussed in the boards. Thankfully we where all using mics and a quick change of tactics lead us to a swift victory. Afterwards their leader and a few of our members had a little chuckle at their sneaky sneakiness.

So the website was made to keep nosey people out. We discuss magical rainbows, fairy dust and the wonders of alcohol on the boards, and everything clan based on our website. Need to know, yano.
    A private sub-board solves everything.

Without an open dedicated forum, how do other people challenge ye nowadays?

CORaven wrote: »

They pop their heads in places where not wanted (boards.ie) and wield a glove :P

CORaven wrote: »
    A private sub-board solves everything.

Because we have a public thread on the Xbox section of the boards, however as we've destroyed all the competetion there we have to troll other peoples to get halfway decent matches.
    Originally Posted by CORaven View Post
    They pop their heads in places where not wanted (boards.ie)

Our entire clan was formed in the boards :P. By far I would say it's how we're so popular, not, not wanted :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I'm looking foward to this. The standard has definately gone up since blops came out. our win/loss ratios are great and we seem to be gelling.

First this, Then Gamebattles, THEN THE WORLD!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

best of luck to ye both anyway lads. im more of a bfbc2 player but have played a bit of COD BO. i for one hope ye can have a civilized game and enjoy it and have something the will happen more often. i know for one all our lads mostly play for the "craic" and a few tough games will do both of us good.(im a IRL member btw) i dont think this cockyness is a good idea either as none of know how good each team is. so i think we should cut this boasting crap out and just have a game and enjoy it and whoever wins wins and thats that. the losers can say good game and move on and have a rematch in a few weeks time. because i personally think having an all irish match is good beacuse we'll both be using the same servers and lag wont be as much of an issue.

so can the whole boasting bout who's great stop and let every one enjoy the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Yeah i think the slagging is over(done) and now it's time to save your breath for cooling your porridge. From my brief experience with competitve gaming, the better team will win which should be IRL since they've played together for longer and have chosen a "weird" gametype as their choice.

I'll say this though the last few weeks I think a lot of us regulars and irregulars on this thread have been "straight up beastin" to paraphrase a wise man and guys like Boronic, CFC, Ross, Floyd, BenRob, Paddyman and others have been on fire for games. Boronic didn't drop below 10kpd for about 5 matches in a row even going as far as to complain he couldn't find anybody despite at least one blackbird a game. One game last night finished 7500-400 and I gave away 2 of those kills (stupid one bar connection) and I think the next match was 7500-800. Maybe the influx of xmas noobs has helped but even against prestiges in a party we got the better of them. We even gave hardcore ctf a go and didn't lose when I was on despite my rubbishness (team killing).

A new challenge against a good team should hopefully egg us on to better ourselves and whoever tastes defeat will no doubt be spurred on to greater performances in the rematch. Good luck to all and I'd hope to see some nice vids too.

Here Here!

Despite all my childish egging on I really do hope for a nice civilised game. Would be cool to be able to have rematches with a conversation in the lobby other than "get raped".

Anyways, best of luck to both teams.

May the best win.

Well I've spoken to a few playing/want to play and 8pm is a little too early, I myself am working New years day and won't finish until around 7pm.

Is closer to 9.30pm ok? Or is that too late?

Well I've spoken to a few playing/want to play and 8pm is a little too early, I myself am working New years day and won't finish until around 7pm.

Is closer to 9.30pm ok? Or is that too late?

9:30 sounds good to me.

Is that alright with everyone on our side?

• Advertisement

my 69 win streak came to a premature end last night. ****ing S&D of all things let me down. Felt like crying.:(:(

Advertisement