Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Man I dunno what it is lately but everytime I join a boards party these days I'm picked as host(seems grand with the randomers).
    So just thinking guys if it happens when I join don't bother with the re-invite as I know how frustrating it can be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

celtic723 wrote: »
    9:30 sounds good to me.

Is that alright with everyone on our side?

If it's not let me know I'll work something out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

celtic723 wrote: »
    my 69 win streak came to a premature end last night. ****ing S&D of all things let me down. Felt like crying.:(:(

sh*t one man, sorry to hear that!

*Secretly chuffed :pac: My 148 WS remains intact :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

9:30 sounds good.

I might miss the first game as I have to go buy some Hurricane Flavoured crisps.

Well gentlemen, tomorrow 9.30pm. If someone adds, mlindsay215 tomorrow we should be all set.

So Round one is -

Hardcore Capture the flag. It will consist of 2 rounds, unless it ends in a draw where a 3rd round will decide the winner, and second round is Domination on Core? One round?

The only rules are,

1. No substitions, there's a 15 minute break between each game type and an extra five minutes if either team require it.

2. No trashtalk, we're here to decide the all-Ireland champs.

Should the gametypes end in a draw I think it's only fair we indulge in a map agreed TDM of either Core/Hardcore (we'll decide in game).

Any questions or changes anyone wants to make?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

9.30 tonight lads.

Be on before 9 if you can.

Shammy
    Benrobjon
    Myself
    cfcpower
    Seamus possibly?
    CORaven

Seamus mightn't play so i'll have to choose someone to take his place if that's the case.

Btw how are maps decided?

Killstreaks on or off?

I'd rather killstreaks were off tbh. That way neither team is camping for anything and shows the better players that win gun battles as opposed to been surprised by someone sitting and waiting.

Good luck.

Fairest way IMO is to just select Random when waiting in the lobby.

Killstreaks off is a good idea also.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the office until 22:00 and wont be home 'til 22:20. Would like to join the party chat to hear how the games are progressing though.

Good luck all.

Well, the point of the match is to decide who is better, better at the teams gametype, level of play, maps and even using killstreaks etc.

I think the fairest way is to decide how you want YOUR gametype played. We each have one, so we each shape the gametype to suit that specific team.

As the IRL clan is picking hardcore CTF, we will be using killstreaks and we will tell you which map we are to play five minutes before the match.

As for domination you can decide the map and you can decide if killstreaks are to be used or not.

If the match is a draw we will discuss (the team leaders) what map/gametype to play next.

Can't say fairer than that.
    I'd rather killstreaks were off tbh. That way neither team is camping for anything and shows the better players that win gun battles as opposed to been surprised by someone sitting and waiting.

A player with real skill should be ready for the ones hiding round corners, not just being able to take down the one who has the drop on them.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gonna add my 2c into this.

Domination is a used format on GB and probably the most popular objective game type so there should be no issues there. But Hardcore CTF? Most people don't play hardcore on a public level let alone a at competitive level on consoles so there should be one winner, whether IRL do this is another matter. If the lads here have decided that's fine by them, well all is dandy. But like I said, not many people play Hardcore CTF. It's a huge advantage no matter how it is dressed up and trust me when I say, I'm not fussed with who wins as such so I'm not trying to defend one clan over the other.

Game types should be decided by each team selecting one from regular Demolition, Sabotage, Domination, CTF and SnD. Actually SnD should be the one game type that should be mandatory and then as you've already done you choose one game type each.

Maps should be narrowed down to the most balanced maps which rules out only a few certain maps and from that, maps are chosen at random if possible or by mutual consent.

Limit the variables. I'm sure that has been noted previously.

Again that's all my opinion and mainly based around my experience in the competitive gaming scene from numerous FPS games over the years

____

Anyway, good luck to both teams tonight. Hopefully Shammy will record this. I for one enjoy watching a good competitive match ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Quite right , i've never played a clan match where there has been killstreaks or in the matter equipment either . 15 mins between games ? Is it not the norm if some one picks the game mode then the other team would have map pick .
    This all seems a bit of a farce tbh , better off playing mlg rules .

• Advertisement

If we where going to play MLG rules, we would be competing in MLG, but we're not, we're giving you a huge advantage in the way of domination, its totally your own, obviously save for changing the basic settings, you have free run of the map and killstreaks.

You've had over a week to discuss these rules and it's only a few hours before the match you're raising these concerns? I did post yesterday at 18.30 to ask if anyone had questions, almost 24 hours later, I'm getting replies.

My team and I have been practicing in those 24hours for domination for whatever you may throw at us, no killstreaks included. Which I'm disapointed to see that we have not been awarded the same courtesy but whinning instead.

The match is in less than four hours, if you don't want to play, don't. If you do, grand.

As for the 15 minutes before the games. We where thinking more about the BRDS clan than ourselves. We will be ready to play straight away.

Ample time was given to raise and discuss these matters before the match and it was not taken, I have been in constant contact and even left my GT for anyone from BRDS clan to contact me if needed.

Who is to say this is to be the first match, the first of anyting always has teething problems. Once this match is done, we can look into playing again in say a month, and we can play by MLG rules if you wish.

Well i thought it would have been the usual clan rules , plain and simple , you never mentioned killstreaks or other such rules either . You mentioned something about skill earlier , well the mlg rules are the most skillfull , but if you need to play hardcore and use killstreaks then so be it.

Whining? Sorry, what are you on about?

Firstly I'm not in any clan here. I don't play on the 360. I'm not speaking on behalf of anybody. This is entirely my opinion and as said, I'm not fussed who wins. But this talk of the match determining who is the better clan is comical when the rules or some of the decisions made do nothing to balance the match entirely. I'm just throwing my 2c in based from my experience of competitive gaming, nothing more.

I'm repeating myself here but Domination is the most popular objective game type there is no doubt about that. I have no statistics to prove this but I don't need to. Most people have good experience of this game type.

Hardcore CTF is brand new game type introduced by Treyarch and I doubt many here on the COD boards in general have any real experience of it and if they do it is very limited. If IRL don't win, dare I say win comfortably enough I'd be suprised as that is your game mode supposedly. There is a jump from going into standard to hardcore game types no matter what anyone says.

If the lads who post on the COD boards say that's fine with them, that's fine but I think it's a massive advantage towards you.

Pure Barebones will negate any possible unjust feeling and prevent any complications by simply removing perks and killstreaks(variables).

I for one also think SnD should be added as a 3rd game decider as it's the defining game type of COD comp matches.

If this is a template for future matches that's fair enough.

Tbf, if it was up to me all COD competitive matches would be Pure Barebones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Pity didn't see anything of this before, would have enjoyed it, good luck anyway lads!

Ade can you sort my account out so I can double thank posts?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Any of the xbox lads willing to do a live commentary/blog? :pac::pac::pac:

**Popcorn at the ready **
    NOM NOM NOM

I'd be happy to keep the community updated when I get home from work.

Hopefully the games wont have started by then and I can join in the party chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

If you want to show your clans so called skill, why play such a niche gamemode? I think theres a reason no one plays hardcore CTF competively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

iMuse wrote: »
    If you want to show your clans so called skill, why play such a niche gamemode? I think theres a reason no one plays hardcore CTF competively

this match isnt going to decide which clan has the most skill unless one team wins both matches.
    ye play core. we play hardcore.
    huge difference. they both take forever to get used too and swapping over and back is really difficult to get used to. by right it should finish 1-1 because there so different. i think the winners of the deciding game if needed will probably be who gets to play thier preferred core or hardcore and not game type

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

If we where going to play MLG rules, we would be competing in MLG, but we're not, we're giving you a huge advantage in the way of domination, its totally your own, obviously save for changing the basic settings, you have free run of the map and killstreaks.

You've had over a week to discuss these rules and it's only a few hours before the match you're raising these concerns? I did post yesterday at 18.30 to ask if anyone had questions, almost 24 hours later, I'm getting replies.

My team and I have been practicing in those 24hours for domination for whatever you may throw at us, no killstreaks included. Which I'm disapointed to see that we have not been awarded the same courtesy but whinning instead.

The match is in less than four hours, if you don't want to play, don't. If you do, grand.

As for the 15 minutes before the games. We where thinking more about the BRDS clan than ourselves. We will be ready to play straight away.

Ample time was given to raise and discuss these matters before the match and it was not taken, I have been in constant contact and even left my GT for anyone from BRDS clan to contact me if needed.

Who is to say this is to be the first match, the first of anyting always has teething problems. Once this match is done, we can look into playing again in say a month, and we can play by MLG rules if you wish.

The rules of this clan match are a farce as people have said previous. Everyone knows killstreaks are disallowed in GB's. It's bull**** to even suggest using them. Seems like the rules are being formulated as you go along. Fair is fair, let's be honest here.

You say if i'm a good enough player i should expect someone sitting in a corner? Why? It's clear as day that camping is frowned upon in competitive gaming. You of all people should know this with your 'vast' experience in this context. People on here will vouch for my ability as a player and my 69 win streak and 3.3 win loss ratio backs me up. You'll see later.

See you in a corner Mark. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

God damn clan geeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Is anyone going to record this?

ntlbell wrote: »
    Is anyone going to record this?

Shammy..

.. hopefully :D

we lost ctf hardcore 2-1

Shammy wrote: »
    we lost ctf hardcore 2-1

You'll crush em in Dom.

If you guys can scrap a point off them in their game choice then you should walk them in Dom.

GL Shammy et all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Doesn't seem to be many on, bar those in the games themselves (I see they're now in Dom). Was hoping to get a running commentary but will survive!

I'm off on my way home from work now.

Hopefully when I open the laptop there'll be a bit of good news waiting on the other end.

we won dom , some on there team resorted to using a china lake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

EDIT: Just seen Shammy's post.

Poor stuff to be using a launcher like that, well done on the win.

EDIT 2: Lads are in TDM now, presume it's the decider.

• Advertisement

Shammy wrote: »
    we won dom , some on there team resorted to using a china lake

Lulz

Advertisement