Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Come on the Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

watching ben now

They are doing 1 core TDM and 1 hardcore TDM

It's 6600-5800 atm to BRDS.

EDIT:They won the Core.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

watching ben now

They are doing 1 core TDM and 1 hardcore TDM

It's 6600-5800 atm to BRDS.

Core or hardcore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

China lake . Nuff said ;)

Cossax wrote: »
    Core or hardcore?

Note the edit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Last few pages remind me of enemydown.co.uk :D

celtic723 wrote: »
    The rules of this clan match are a farce as people have said previous. Everyone knows killstreaks are disallowed in GB's. It's bull**** to even suggest using them. Seems like the rules are being formulated as you go along. Fair is fair, let's be honest here.

You say if i'm a good enough player i should expect someone sitting in a corner? Why? It's clear as day that camping is frowned upon in competitive gaming. You of all people should know this with your 'vast' experience in this context. People on here will vouch for my ability as a player and my 69 win streak and 3.3 win loss ratio backs me up. You'll see later.

See you in a corner Mark. ;)

Nah, killstreaks arent disabled in GB. You can and have always been able to choose what you want disabled/enabled in GB, we found that out the hard way on our first night of GB games :D

As for camping in competitive gaming.... im guessing you havent played much competitively :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

any more updates lads? sick I missed this long story. gl to both teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

we won tdm core and hardcore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Shammy wrote: »
    we won tdm core and hardcore

Get in, anyone who resorts to using a china lake is a bad player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Thanks for the games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Thanks for the games :)

good games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Fair play lads. Hope the games were enjoyable

Shammy did you record them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Well done lads, did anyone record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Lads all sh1te and whining aside, I really enjoyed the games to be fair. Hopefully we can do it again sometime. Well done!

well played boards clan.

Since there was such a problem with the rules etc do people think this would be a good opportunity to draft an "official" set of rules that govern these clan battles - this would apply to other clans wishing to compete with the IRL / BRDS clans?

or just adopt GB rules? anyway thanks for the game enjoy the gloating - hopefully I can partake in the next one :)

Hopefully Playstation is up against a Clan next.

Hopefully Playstation is up against a Clan next.

Im sure AK47 would be up for a game vs a boards PS3 party. Wont be any trash talk because we have all sorts of skill levels in the clan and who knows what sort of team we'd beable to put out :D

iMuse wrote: »
    Get in, anyone who resorts to using a china lake is a bad player

Lets be honest... you'd get more kills using a pistol with no bullets than a china lake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Congrats to the lads on the win. Also kudos to the IRL guys for taking defeat gracefully. Hopefully we'll be seeing a rematch and a few more interclan wars too. I'd say all of the competitors will be better players for the extra competition. Let'd hope our win doesn't lead to complacency, or worse big(ger) heads.

anyone care to give a quick (and if possible unbiased) summary of the games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

bubbleking wrote: »
    The forces of evil defeated the forces of good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

HCTF-Map: Firing range (From Irl point of view)
    We won the first and they won the second went to tie break and we won it after around 3 mins.

Dom Map: Summit
    We spawned c side so so tried to grab b as quick as we could they made it there first and it basically was a battle over b for the entire game. I think it finished 200-168 but could be wrong(Yes, I;m always wrong)

Core TDM Map:Grid
    Hit us hard from the start and won it in the end by 12,13 kills maybe

Hardcore TDM: Havana they just got the better of us in the end. Neck and neck for periods but they finished stronger

Worst summary ever I know, I think one of them might have recoded it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Magill wrote: »
    Lets be honest... you'd get more kills using a pistol with no bullets than a china lake.

Thats what i meant by it, anyone who would resort to that to get kills must not know much as its sh*ite

iMuse wrote: »
    Thats what i meant by it, anyone who would resort to that to get kills must not know much as its sh*ite

I can see the merits of it in some situations tbf

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Very well done lads :)

____
    Magill wrote: »
    Last few pages remind me of enemydown.co.uk :D

Nah, killstreaks arent disabled in GB. You can and have always been able to choose what you want disabled/enabled in GB, we found that out the hard way on our first night of GB games :D

As for camping in competitive gaming.... im guessing you havent played much competitively :)

Aye, that's what really annoyed me about GB and CG. Same with certain perks. In MW2, commando was allowed in CG and every fecker was using it.

What's your GB record now anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

bubbleking wrote: »

I'll give you a unbiased summary of the nights games.

First game was hardcore capture the flag on Firing range, and in the first round, the IRL clan captured 3 flags without reply for the BRDS clan. Then in the second round after switching sides it was more of the same, with the IRL clan capturing 2 flags in quick succession, but this time there was a reply the BRDS clan, and it was a good one. The BRDS clan came at us with a great comeback to capture 3 flags to take the game into overtime. The overtime started abit caging and the momentum was with the BRDS clan, but the stout defense of the IRL clan held out long enough for a capture to win the game.

Next game was softcore domination on Summit, and after some teething problems with one IRL clan player unable to join, and a restart we were able to get the game going. The BRDS captured the flag nearest to their spawn and the most important and fought after flag in the centre of the map. The whole game revolved around the battle for flag B. Over all the BRDS clan held it the longest and the game finished, I think 200 - 180-175 maybe. But it was a good effort by the IRL clan as they went behind early on. It might also be worth noting that only one team held all 3 flags at once.

The next 2 games were 1 softcore TDM on Grid, and 1 hardcore TDM on Havana. The softcore on Grid was pretty even, but the BRDS took a slight lead early on but played well to hold onto it. My hats off to one of the BRDS guys who got a great kill on me near the end. It would be one for the file share. The hardcore TDM on Havana was very one sided, with the BRDS clan getting a early lead of about 1000-100. The IRL closed the gap to about 5 kills mid way through the game. But with every minute that passed they stretched that lead by 1 kill. At the end they were well infront and deserved winners overall.

Great game lads and let us know if you's would be up for some more games another time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'll give ya's an unbiased account of what happened:

owned.jpg

• Advertisement

Very well done lads :)

____

Aye, that's what really annoyed me about GB and CG. Same with certain perks. In MW2, commando was allowed in CG and every fecker was using it.

What's your GB record now anyway?

ahh its ****e, we only played 2 nights worth of games and called it quits for a few months because there was a lack of interest. Think we won 2 lost 2. Even in MW2 we never did THAT great, because we've got so many members its more about getting everyone a game than having the best team out each week, more for the craic than anything really. Im sure if we could put out the same top 4/5 players everygame and did some practice we could easily be a top 20 team, theres like 4 other guys that are about as good as me.

Advertisement