Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Magill wrote: »
    Im sure if we could put out the same top 4/5 players everygame and did some practice we could easily be a top 20 team, theres like 4 other guys that are about as good as me.

are you on the PS3 network? from experience re standard of gamer it would be PC > xbox > PS. Its actually pretty pointless saying "yeah I own on the PS3 network" your playing in a completely different division mate. In soccer terms Emile Hesky could be a superstar playing in division 2 :)

anyway just pointing it out because you have taken a pretty condescending tone over your last few posts so just wanted to see what the story was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

bubbleking wrote: »
    are you on the PS3 network? from experience re standard of gamer it would be PC > xbox > PS. Its actually pretty pointless saying "yeah I own on the PS3 network" your playing in a completely different division mate. In soccer terms Emile Hesky could be a superstar playing in division 2 :)

anyway just pointing it out because you have taken a pretty condescending tone over your last few posts so just wanted to see what the story was

What, where and who have i been condescending to ?

Well... considering i played for one of the best teams in the UK in cs for over 5 years.. on the PC... i guess that makes me Ronaldo ?

Magill wrote: »
    What, where and who have i been condescending to ?

Well... considering i played for one of the best teams in the UK in cs for over 5 years.. on the PC... i guess that makes me Ronaldo ?

ah it was more imuse tbf over the whole china lake thing (I never use it b the way just pointing out in the right situation it has some merits)

yeah if you played on a top pc clan then you are better than 95% of gamers imo of course

ah it was more imuse tbf over the whole china lake thing (I never use it b the way just pointing out in the right situation it has some merits)

yeah if you played on a top pc clan then you are better than 95% of gamers imo of course

ahhh, when i said that i meant like "Whats the big deal.. tubes are **** in blops" sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Skill is relative . Someone who "owns" on ps3 will pick up an x360 controller and own there too. Talking out of your ass . A good player will always be good . Quick reflexes, anticipation and all those traits do not disappear once someone changes format . ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

ok lads just posting up some of the rules so anyone who wants a game can have a look.

best of 3 "games"
    1 game of HCTF - best of 3 (if its 1-1 it goes to overtime)
    1 game of your specialty
    1 deciding game if needed

some obvious rules such as no lag switching, dash boarding, hacking or anything that can be considered as cheating etc

If anybody has any other rules they would like to throw in just stick them up here

edit - also there is a ban on noob tubing
    joking
    but seriously no fooking noob tubing
    I can see the merits of it in some situations tbf

We understood by your first quote that there was no tubing , including china lakes rpg's etc , maybe that wasnt the case .

Some good games , i played very bad .

Here is the kicker , this is the first time that all 6 of us actually played together.

yeah tbf shammy I was surprised to see that the china lake was used -I wasnt on today and a lot of last night so I dont know what was discussed - maybe it was someone who didnt know.

my second quote was just to make the point that a grenade launcher can be used effectively in the right situation.

Congrats on the win by the way - playing together certainly will help with domination and CTF but im not sure if it mattered in the death matches because there sort of solo jobs anyway

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Skill is relative . Someone who "owns" on ps3 will pick up an x360 controller and own there too. Talking out of your ass . A good player will always be good . Quick reflexes, anticipation and all those traits do not disappear once someone changes format . ;)

nah not really - a good player will always be decent but if the opposition is poor it can give you a poor representation of what your really like.

for example I consider myself reasonably good by xbox standards. Iv played on the PS network and always done far better the standard is just lower. Iv also dabbled in PC gaming and my arse is still sore from the raping

the point I am trying to make is being a big fish in a small pond doesnt make you a big fish in the ocean :)

nah not really - a good player will always be decent but if the opposition is poor it can give you a poor representation of what your really like.

for example I consider myself reasonably good by xbox standards. Iv played on the PS network and always done far better the standard is just lower. Iv also dabbled in PC gaming and my arse is still sore from the raping

the point I am trying to make is being a big fish in a small pond doesnt make you a big fish in the ocean :)

It all depends on what your used to and who you play with against , mouse and keyboard is 10 times faster than a joypad ever will be . i know people that have prestiged in under 11 hours on pc but put a joypad in their hand and with the slowness they cant adjust. As for ps3 v xbox , i have played on both , not so much with black-ops for resons people know , but you have good/great players on both consoles just like you have bad. Heres an example if you came up against some of the ps3 boardies on here , you wouldnt be saying the ps3 is so easy.

Have a good night , i'm drunk :)

Shammy wrote: »
    It all depends on what your used to and who you play with against , mouse and keyboard is 10 times faster than a joypad ever will be . i know people that have prestiged in under 11 hours on pc but put a joypad in their hand and with the slowness they cant adjust. As for ps3 v xbox , i have played on both , not so much with black-ops for resons people know , but you have good/great players on both consoles just like you have bad. Heres an example if you came up against some of the ps3 boardies on here , you wouldnt be saying the ps3 is so easy.

Have a good night , i'm drunk :)

couldnt agree more, comparing PC to console gaming is so silly. You have good and bad players on both, the only difference is when it comes to competitive gaming, I'd say PC gaming is alot more advanced in competitive gaming.. just because they've been at it a long time and its just a much bigger thing compared to the consoles, lots of lans better online leagues etc, communicating and tactics are just more developed, even the low skilled teams have strats and have decent communication. It took me a few months to get used to a gamepad !! I was really **** for about 2 or 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

Lads what wad the story with deciding "no killstreaks" for the domination match and whipping out counter spy planes, care packages and sentry guns?

Lads what wad the story with deciding "no killstreaks" for the domination match and whipping out counter spy planes, care packages and sentry guns?

Ye wanted killstreaks ? whats the problem

I could also ask what the story was for a 25 second respawn in ctf , an absolute joke , also the use of china lake by failsafe in dom , very cheap , not to mention the unsportsmanship at the end of the match , i left party chat to thank ye for good games and we got kicked out of the lobby.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

25 second respawn delay? In all my time on the comp scene I've never heard of anything like that tbf.

edit - in COD4 and MW2, at most it was 10 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

LakesKeane wrote: »

true, but there's defo a better standard of player on the xbox. I have recently made the change and my kd was much better on the PS3.

Just look at sandy ravage his kd for mw2 on the xbox - 3:50 PS3 - 4:10

It's alot harder on the 360 to get the higher killstreaks imo because most of the people you play against are of a higher standard. I'm not seeing anywhere near the amount of chopper gunners/dogs as I did on the PS3

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well I'm from the complete opposite side of the spectrum. My best time in gaming was on the 360 when playing COD4 where I had 15 days played to my name.

My pub stats were near doubled on the 360. Whether that's down to being more comfortable using a 360 controller, possibly or even overall more stable high quality connection be it in work or living on campus, well that helps clearly. But I made light work on those on the 360 simple as.

A good friend of mine is a full time XBL player now. Takes part in GB and a was very high up in the numerous ladders in MW2. He put some ridiculous scores together on the 360 but he struggled to do that on the PS3 for whatever reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I could also ask what the story was for a 25 second respawn in ctf , an absolute joke , also the use of china lake by failsafe in dom , very cheap , not to mention the unsportsmanship at the end of the match , i left party chat to thank ye for good games and we got kicked out of the lobby.

Easy lads, the match is over, everyone can stop taking their testosterone tablets. The 25 second delay was my fault. I set the match up, switched to hardcore and I was looking through the settings I must have switched the wave spawn length to max instead of mininum. However when the match started I didn't want to just cancel out, as I thought there would have been alot of complaints, not to mention we suffered the exact same delay, so in the end it wouldn't have affected the results. If you feel it would, we can always replay HCTF at any time to clarify.

The china lake thing, I can't comment on as it was failsafe used it. However it was only used at the end of the game, the score was 192-174 with your team controling A and B, a last ditch attempt shouldn't be seen as cheap, you should be proud someone had to resort to such tactics to end the game in our favour, and you still won.

Finally it wasn't unsportsmanship that saw you all kicked from the lobby, I thought it was only fair you host the lobby for the next game, and as I was hosting the last match straight after the game ended I closed the lobby kicking not just the BRDS team, but all IRL members as well. I did email you via voice chat straight afterwards to tell you to go ahead and host the next game.

The only thing I can agree with Ath here is the killstreaks, not that it made a big difference the result would no doubt have been the same. But I did ask Ross where we using KS's, he replied as is saved in my inbox, no KS's.

So we went in to the next match not bothering to fix up the KS's, when suddenly a CS went up followed by two care packages. T'was all a little confusing, and I blame it on poor organisation and too much testotorone on both sides.

Good games anyway, sorry I had to dip out straight after the battle, the missus was unwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

can we mix up the teams a little next time . give the B team a run at the IRL clans second best squad?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

sierra117x wrote: »
    can we mix up the teams a little next time . give the B team a run at the IRL clans second best squad?:pac:

Remember, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye !!

To summarise what mark has said the lengthy respawn was an accident and affected both teams equally. The killstreaks seems sly and underhanded considering the IRL clan was told they would not be in play and so set up their classes acordingly. I know the lads dont want to make a big deal about this because it will look like sour grapes but i wasnt playing and as a third party I would like to ask the BRDs clan why they delibritely set out to use these tactics to gain an advantage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

After running into yourself, blacky chan, et al in tdm on cracked I'd say your being very modest with the B team moniker. If there is another match against IRL clan (or even an interclan friendly) I'd like to throw my hat in.

• Advertisement

Excellent idea, next time (if the BRDS want a rematch in a few weeks) we can have A squad and B squad for each side, and let the two go head to head. The overall winners of the B squad can then play the overall of the A.

A little mini tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

To summarise what mark has said the lengthy respawn was an accident and affected both teams equally. The killstreaks seems sly and underhanded considering the IRL clan was told they would not be in play and so set up their classes acordingly. I know the lads dont want to make a big deal about this because it will look like sour grapes but i wasnt playing and as a third party I would like to ask the BRDs clan why they delibritely set out to use these tactics to gain an advantage?

From reading back all the posts regarding kill streaks, both ross and shammy were against their usage. Ade also chipped in against their usage. That's what I got from reading this thread so I might not be familiar with all the rules discussed.

We can prob hav a team ready by tonight/ tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

yimrsg wrote: »
    After running into yourself, blacky chan, et al in tdm on cracked I'd say your being very modest with the B team moniker. If there is another match against IRL clan (or even an interclan friendly) I'd like to throw my hat in.

Sierra is most definitely being modest !! He's the big fish in the B pond !

Myself, I'd be tentatively interested in a B league, but with the post match handbags after the A match, clear rules would have to defined and agreed beforehand....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Easy lads, the match is over, everyone can stop taking their testosterone tablets. The 25 second delay was my fault. I set the match up, switched to hardcore and I was looking through the settings I must have switched the wave spawn length to max instead of mininum. However when the match started I didn't want to just cancel out, as I thought there would have been alot of complaints, not to mention we suffered the exact same delay, so in the end it wouldn't have affected the results. If you feel it would, we can always replay HCTF at any time to clarify.

The china lake thing, I can't comment on as it was failsafe used it. However it was only used at the end of the game, the score was 192-174 with your team controling A and B, a last ditch attempt shouldn't be seen as cheap, you should be proud someone had to resort to such tactics to end the game in our favour, and you still won.

Finally it wasn't unsportsmanship that saw you all kicked from the lobby, I thought it was only fair you host the lobby for the next game, and as I was hosting the last match straight after the game ended I closed the lobby kicking not just the BRDS team, but all IRL members as well. I did email you via voice chat straight afterwards to tell you to go ahead and host the next game.

The only thing I can agree with Ath here is the killstreaks, not that it made a big difference the result would no doubt have been the same. But I did ask Ross where we using KS's, he replied as is saved in my inbox, no KS's.

So we went in to the next match not bothering to fix up the KS's, when suddenly a CS went up followed by two care packages. T'was all a little confusing, and I blame it on poor organisation and too much testotorone on both sides.

Good games anyway, sorry I had to dip out straight after the battle, the missus was unwell.

Bull****!

You sent me a message asking if there would be any changes regarding killstreaks. I said ''no''. Pay attention next time and stop trying to make excuses for your teams inability to cap flags.

Also i was against the use of killstreaks at all. It was your campy teams idea to use them so you could try over run us with air support.

You were raped. Simple as. I'm sorry to be so blunt but coming on here trying to make it out like you were cheated is a disgrace.

You were beaten, take it on the chin and grow up.

yimrsg wrote: »
    From reading back all the posts regarding kill streaks, both ross and shammy were against their usage. Ade also chipped in against their usage. That's what I got from reading this thread so I might not be familiar with all the rules discussed.

Yeah and ross sent mark a msg b4 domination saying no killstreaks so the lads obv all change their class to suit and within the first min are facing care packages and sentry guns. Jus leaves a sour taste

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Here mister '' i wasn't there but i'll summise anyway''. All it is is sour grapes. Your team couldn't string 2 kills together in domination without dying so had you any killstreaks on whatsoever there was no chance you were getting them.

Also domination isn't like hardcore camp the flag, in the respect that you spawn immediately. Everyone of us was running strela as our secondary so any uavs or the like you called in were coming down immediately.

Make all the excuses you want. You were beaten by a better clan, get over it. All the talk of you coming on here saying you could organise a match with a clan that could easily beat us, and it backfired. I have to laugh at some of the comments on your thread from before we played.

The likes of '' Opposition teams would struggle to beat us even if we had 4 players''.

PS: Feels great to be the all ireland champs.

This will be my last post regarding the clan match unless directly addressed, I don't want to appear to be a sore loser, and nothing tastes better than some humble pie. :pac:

It's been a long time form the IRL clan played any clan that was nearly as good as yourselves, sure we can all say, this went wrong, as did this, but I've made it a mission to learn from those mistakes, and I have no doubt we will win next round ;).

In regards to the killstreaks, IRL clan weren't fussed, I was for them, and being team leader for my side, I gave them the go ahead, when domination started we were under the impression no KS's where to be used, so we based a stratgy around them, we had to quickly make do with what we had once we discovered KS's where on. What I'm trying to say is, there's not point bitching about it, it's not as if it would have affected the game all that much, it was pretty close from the get go anyway, it's just one of several things that went wrong with the game i.e. 25 second respawn, Ross OTT rant at myself when one member couldn't connect :P, the KS's, and the complaints about gametypes etc 4 hours before the week long arranged match was to begin.

We all had a part to play in the failings of the match, every single person that posted here in the lead up to the match.

Bottom line is, BRDS 1 - IRL 0.

A mistake we will soon rectify given a few weeks of shrugging off our defeat and building the momento for another round.

All in all, minus the faults, I really enjoyed myself, its been a while from I had to go and have a stiff drink after a match. Good times gentlemen, good times indeed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

As much as I disapprove with Ross' tone - LoL, it's genuinely funny.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

It wasnt much of a problem. I personally much prefer kill streaks included in the game. The thing I didnt like is being told there wasnt going to be kill streaks and editing my classes accordingly. In the end the Domination game on Summit turned out to be one of the most enjoyable of the night.

The 25 second respawn is a joke and in effected both teams badly and never should have happened.

My thoughts on Grenade launchers and china lakes are very simple, if its in the game, you can use it. Grenades, semtex, RPGs, Crossbows, China lakes etc are all explosives but just have different ways of delivery.

Hopefully we can get another match again soon. Send myself a PM when you's are on for another match and myself and one of the BRDS guys can organise it and make sure we have no more 25 second respawns.

Advertisement