Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Just a quick apology for deafening people last night with the m60. Scavenger, warlord, extended mags, grip and a Law is awesome. Don't get a great score with it but it makes up for it with loudness as enemies die from perforated eardrums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yimrsg wrote: »
    Just a quick apology for deafening people last night with the m60. Scavenger, warlord, extended mags, grip and a Law is awesome. Don't get a great score with it but it makes up for it with loudness as enemies die from perforated eardrums.

m60 with extended mags is my go to fun gun. get an ammo drop from a care package and it gives you an extra 300 rounds, thats a gun with 500 bullets in it, you can basically walk around with the fire button held down and distract everyone and mow down the other team, you'd be amazed how many people walk directly into the barrage of gunfire coming out of a doorway :D "hes gotta reload sometime!" no I dont :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

krudler wrote: »
    m60 with extended mags is my go to fun gun. get an ammo drop from a care package and it gives you an extra 300 rounds, thats a gun with 500 bullets in it, you can basically walk around with the fire button held down and distract everyone and mow down the other team, you'd be amazed how many people walk directly into the barrage of gunfire coming out of a doorway :D "hes gotta reload sometime!" no I dont :pac:

500 in one clip? :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

yimrsg wrote: »

this Black Ops theatre mode is cool... check out the pic of Yimrag from last night...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiS_yVRQGUSwXl2cPH9niNn9vAe3Q7n0__NaH6soX9Pz1Ws2QB&t=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sprrratt wrote: »
    500 in one clip? :O

lol no, 200 in the initial, 300 in the reload, but with SOH on you'd reload that in 2-3 seconds, its a spraying machine, think of it as a mobile turret :D I love just aiming at a doorway and letting fly at a choke point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

everlast75 wrote: »
    this Black Ops theatre mode is cool... check out the pic of Yimrag from last night...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiS_yVRQGUSwXl2cPH9niNn9vAe3Q7n0__NaH6soX9Pz1Ws2QB&t=1

Looks like I'm about to storm the Dáil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Too pissed to play tonight and only on the way home now! Hope ye had a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just wondering if anyone is able to help me out - looking for a clip from a game we played in the last week which might be in someone's recent games.

It was on Summit and was TDM or Dom (sorry for not being more specific)... anyways, it's the final/game-winning kill where I chucked a random grenade towards C Dom on the right-hand side, it bounced around and rolled off the walkway, exploding in mid-air and killing a second chance fella above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Lads, the lube was out and in action tonight!

54-4
    51-6
    43-3

all on one game of Dom Firing range.
    9 Blackbirds, 7-8 Chopper Gunners.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Hopped into a party with Shammy and a few of his mates and it was some craic altogether.

Domination all night with every one ending in victory. Don't think one team we played were allowed to get a score about 60. :pac::pac:

Absolute carnage altogether. Cheers for the invite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

celtic723 wrote: »
    Hopped into a party with Shammy and a few of his mates and it was some craic altogether.

Domination all night with every one ending in victory. Don't think one team we played were allowed to get a score about 60. :pac::pac:

Absolute carnage altogether. Cheers for the invite!

I think we're on a 45/50 win streak :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Shammy wrote: »
    I think we're on a 45/50 win streak :eek:

More of the same later i hope!:D

Need to beat my current win streak of 69.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

celtic723 wrote: »

Need to beat my current Elkats win streak of 69 148.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

How do you guys manage those high win streaks ? Do use just play in a party 100% of the time ? Even if i play in a party, theres times were we'd get put into bull**** games that are nearly over (The other team must have been dominating and everyone left).

Most i've managed is like 18 or something, but thats not actively trying so it was probably a mix of solo and team games.

Magill wrote: »
    How do you guys manage those high win streaks ? Do use just play in a party 100% of the time ? Even if i play in a party, theres times were we'd get put into bull**** games that are nearly over (The other team must have been dominating and everyone left).

Most i've managed is like 18 or something, but thats not actively trying so it was probably a mix of solo and team games.

If you have a full party you'll never get thrown into a game mid-way (at least not on xbox anyways). That's how I managed to get my winstreak in MW2, purely playing in full parties.

It's pretty rare that I'll play on my own. Wager matches is what I play to kill the time until others get on. It's no fun playing on a team full of tards who cap all 3 points and leave the spawns arseways.

My 2 cents on the whole thing anyways.

If you have a full party you'll never get thrown into a game mid-way (at least not on xbox anyways). That's how I managed to get my winstreak in MW2, purely playing in full parties.

It's pretty rare that I'll play on my own. Wager matches is what I play to kill the time until others get on. It's no fun playing on a team full of tards who cap all 3 points and leave the spawns arseways.

My 2 cents on the whole thing anyways.

Yeah thought that was it, it is pretty rare to come across a decent set of randoms or clan if you're playing with a full group. Main reason i'd rather play by myself or with 2 or 3 others is because most randoms on the other team rage quit when they're getting stomped by full team of organised players and you're usually running around spawn chasing.

You lot must be rocking some insane W/L + K/D Ratios.

Its much easier in a party of 5/6 , especially dom . If we come up against what looks like a good team , we try and take all 3 flags from the start , it throws them into a state of disorganisation as they are spawning at different places every time .
    This is my 5 th time getting a win streak in the forties usually its just me with 2 mates that i play with , thankfully black-ops is not as noob-friendly as mw2 so the better players usually win ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Considering you's mainly play in full parties only, what are your stats out of interest? As said, it must be facking ridiculously high.

Yeah thought that was it, it is pretty rare to come across a decent set of randoms or clan if you're playing with a full group. Main reason i'd rather play by myself or with 2 or 3 others is because most randoms on the other team rage quit when they're getting stomped by full team of organised players and you're usually running around spawn chasing.

You lot must be rocking some insane W/L + K/D Ratios.

My K/D isn't anything to be proud of (1.36) but I am happy with my W/L of 2.35.

Nearly all the lads that post here have a savage W/L and K/D. Most are above 2 with the exceptioon of Ross and Shammy who are above 3.
    Its much easier in a party of 5/6 , especially dom . If we come up against what looks like a good team , we try and take all 3 flags from the start , it throws them into a state of disorganisation as they are spawning at different places every time .
    This is my 5 th time getting a win streak in the forties usually its just me with 2 mates that i play with , thankfully black-ops is not as noob-friendly as mw2 so the better players usually win ;)

Your W/L is fair impressive. . . I always said a sign of a good player was someone who had a W/L and K/D over 2.

....I think you've surpassed that :)

My K/D isn't anything to be proud of (1.36) but I am happy with my W/L of 2.35.

Nearly all the lads that post here have a savage W/L and K/D. Most are above 2 with the exceptioon of Ross and Shammy who are above 3.

Your W/L is fair impressive. . . I always said a sign of a good player was someone who had a W/L and K/D over 2.

....I think you've surpassed that :)

Im sure the K/D doesnt even come into you're mind when you're going for those huge Win streaks anyway, especially domination where some games will be all hands on deck to cap those flags. (Especially the case with shammy who plays with the 2 or 3 and probably has to make up for 2 or 3 slackers on his team). Thats said, im pleased with my W/L of 2.5ish, which is mostly solo play. Just really hard to rack up those huge winstreaks on my own i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Ross and Shammy have a K/D over 3 and a W/L over 3?.

JAYSUS

Considering you's mainly play in full parties only, what are your stats out of interest? As said, it must be facking ridiculously high.

Speaking for myself , the vast majority of my games were played in parties of 3 or less , as i said before its more relaxing playing in a party of 5/6 at least then you get no splitscreeners on your team.
    Overall k/d is 1.59 w/l 3.42 there or there abouts.
    Im sure the K/D doesnt even come into you're mind when you're going for those huge Win streaks anyway, especially domination where some games will be all hands on deck to cap those flags. (Especially the case with shammy who plays with the 2 or 3 and probably has to make up for 2 or 3 slackers on his team). Thats said, im pleased with my W/L of 2.5ish, which is mostly solo play. Just really hard to rack up those huge winstreaks on my own i guess.

2.5 w/l is very good going solo , impossible to get a big winstreak unfortunately . Its a pity black-ops was so broken for me on the ps3 . Had some good games /streaks with ye guys on mw2 :)

Speaking for myself , the vast majority of my games were played in parties of 3 or less , as i said before its more relaxing playing in a party of 5/6 at least then you get no splitscreeners on your team.
    Overall k/d is 1.59 w/l 3.42 there or there abouts.

impossible to get a big winstreak unfortunately . Its a pity black-ops was so broken for me on the ps3 . Had some good games /streaks with ye guys on mw2 :)

Exactly.

I said before I took much pride in my COD4 xbox stats at it's peak was 5.5 K/D and similar W/L(4th prestige). It obviously helped that I was hosting more often than not back then too but playing with a full competitive clan who held 2+ K/D's helped.

As you know mate, it's so bloody difficult so hard get a decent run going on the PS3 especially on Black Ops. Does my head in :pac:

_________

On another note. How much is it to buy games from the XBL market place? Few games on there like Meatboy I would like to buy.

2.5 w/l is very good going solo , impossible to get a big winstreak unfortunately . Its a pity black-ops was so broken for me on the ps3 . Had some good games /streaks with ye guys on mw2 :)

Its mostly TDM tho, which helps, A good player makes or breaks the teams alot easier in TDM tbh. Most games you can win them on your own while the rest of the team fights for scraps, checked the leaderboards last nite, apparently im 1035 in the world at TDM (All time) which is cool :D but yeah, sometimes you'll get some decent players or a team against you and it becomes alot harder to carry your team mates. I've given up playing Objective based games on my own, too frustrating and alot harder to dictate the outcome unless you've got some people to back you up.

Yeah, its not too bad on the PS3 nowadays, still some issues with full parties and the 5-10 FPS less than you get on the xbox tho. I think what was happening to you was you were getting host alot, which seriously ****s your FPS up.

Exactly.

I said before I took much pride in my COD4 xbox stats at it's peak was 5.5 K/D and similar W/L(4th prestige). It obviously helped that I was hosting more often than not back then too but playing with a full competitive clan who held 2+ K/D's helped.

As you know mate, it's so bloody difficult so hard get a decent run going on the PS3 especially on Black Ops. Does my head in :pac:.

Its just a disaster on there, in saying that my last win streak of 45 i had 15 losses from the host dashboarding , its annoying that a loss is recorded even when your winning comfortably just because the host gets the hump, but not as bad as the freezes on the ps3 etc etc.

_________
    On another note. How much is it to buy games from the XBL market place? Few games on there like Meatboy I would like to buy.
    They range from 800 to 1200 ms points , look out for weekly deals where you get a reduction .
    You can get harms way and doritos crash course for free (crash course is great) the orginal worms is also good crack. Pacman , toy soldiers and trials hd are also very good.(make sure to download demo before you buy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Its mostly TDM tho, which helps, A good player makes or breaks the teams alot easier in TDM tbh. Most games you can win them on your own while the rest of the team fights for scraps, checked the leaderboards last nite, apparently im 1035 in the world at TDM (All time) which is cool :D but yeah, sometimes you'll get some decent players or a team against you and it becomes alot harder to carry your team mates. I've given up playing Objective based games on my own, too frustrating and alot harder to dictate the outcome unless you've got some people to back you up.

Yeah, its not too bad on the PS3 nowadays, still some issues with full parties and the 5-10 FPS less than you get on the xbox tho. I think what was happening to you was you were getting host alot, which seriously ****s your FPS up.

God yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Well my k/d is only 1.31 but my w/l is 2.20. highest win streak is 41.

I'm not as good on tdm as most of the people on here , i probably wouldnt be too bad if i slowed down a bit :o

I think you hit the nail on the head with regards hosting , on most games you have the advantage if your hosting but no so on black-ops.

Good that you's play in a party a lot and enjoy it. Personally, there are times where I just want to play on my own and rake in the kills and usually I'll go into TDM or sometimes HSnD. For the most part I'll dominate but as we all know, playing with morons tends to hurt in the long run.

I played fairly shoddy during the latter part of last prestige and raged quit a hell of a lot(I was burned out). My W/L took a beating in the process. Think I dropped .20 by mainly rage quitting :o Just had one of those days where I was in a strop, playing on my own and the first annoying death or back to back deaths :pac:

Hopefully you'll pop onto the PS3 sometime(I forget if you sold your copy Shammy). One of the better players to have played Sabo with me in a long time, was fun having someone was running the bomb if I wasn't ;)

• Advertisement

Good that you's play in a party a lot and enjoy it. Personally, there are times where I just want to play on my own and rake in the kills and usually I'll go into TDM or sometimes HSnD. For the most part I'll dominate but as we all know, playing with morons tends to hurt in the long run.

I played fairly shoddy during the latter part of last prestige and raged quit a hell of a lot(I was burned out). My W/L took a beating in the process. Think I dropped .20 by mainly rage quitting :o Just had one of those days where I was in a strop, playing on my own and the first annoying death or back to back deaths :pac:

Hopefully you'll pop onto the PS3 sometime(I forget if you sold your copy Shammy). One of the better players to have played Sabo with me in a long time, was fun having someone was running the bomb if I wasn't ;)

Mtdm is too frustrating at times for me , i remember a few weeks ago playing 7 matches turning out good scores (for me) but lost all 7 :confused: .
    Now i usually play ffa more of a challenge but no one to blame but me if i dont win ;)
    No i traded in black-ops a couple of weeks ago , just too frustrating for me on the ps3 , pity really miss the sabo games especially when we finshed it under 2 minutes...... remember mick from mw2

Advertisement