Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Balfie wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest lads.

Is ghost an noob tubes over used on xbox? I play on ps3 an the lads will tell ya last night we had a game where 3 people were using ghost an noob tubes in a game of domination, an when the noob tubes ran out they switched to RPGs.

It was the biggest pain in the hole ever. Is it the same for u lads? Or worse?

Lost my win streak of 170 last night to 4 clowns.

Sat in corners the whole game with noobtubes, ghost pro, and second chance.

It's on every platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

celtic723 wrote: »
    Lost my win streak of 170 last night to 4 clowns.

Sat in corners the whole game with noobtubes, ghost pro, and second chance.

It's on every platform.

Its the OMA/Danger Close setup of Blops really isnt it? AR with tube, Ghost Pro, 2nd chance, claymore down, point tube at busy area of map and wait, then snipe across the map with a super powered handgun in 2nd chance. the handguns are pretty sh1te on their own but in 2nd chance they become 2 shot kills, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

I shot JR.............................then he went into second chance and funking killed me with a swift swipe to the ankle!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rangers4Life

hey everyone,

never played any kind of games console before but played this game in my mates house and its class. googled COD and this was one of the forums I came across. Thinking of getting an xbox this weekend - how can I join you guys in game? My mate said its always better if you can play with people you know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Spoilsport mod spoils the modded lobbies chat. :) Posts deleted and DarraghAFC given 7 days holidays from the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i didn't know that r3nu4l was also mod of the (robert) bowling forum
    total cod fanboi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

hey everyone,

never played any kind of games console before but played this game in my mates house and its class. googled COD and this was one of the forums I came across. Thinking of getting an xbox this weekend - how can I join you guys in game? My mate said its always better if you can play with people you know :)

When you get a Gamertag put it here --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952610

and add a few people on the list, probably best to send a short message to tell them your from boards

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Might pop on later if people are about,its been like 2 weeks since I played a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Sorry Lads i was in a full party tonight , the cockney was in the party as well and we didnt manage to lose :D

Shammy wrote: »
    Sorry Lads i was in a full party tonight , the cockney was in the party as well and we didnt manage to lose :D

As soon as you left it turned to ****.

We lost one game and then i ****ed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Wasn't on last night as i was just home from laser eye surgery!

Might be on tonight but definitely tomorrow..

This morning I can see perfectly; it's a miracle! (i was practically half-blind before the surgery!) :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Jev/N wrote: »

This morning I can see perfectly; it's a miracle! (i was practically half-blind before the surgery!) :D

As a fellow glasses wearer, I've considered laser eye surgery but I'm a little nervous to say the least. "What if it goes wrong, what if I go blind" etc etc. . .

Wouldn't mind hearing a first hand experience from a non-advertising person if you have a bit of time to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Jev/N wrote: »

Congrats on that. Now go update your avatar to something with less wonky eyes.

Also thanks Cereal for the xbox code, I just need to find and convince an (un)lucky lady to name my first borne after you. I think it's better if I called him El Katsumoto rather than Cereal Rapist seeing as s/he'd have me as a dad.

I doubt Mr bank manager would want to give Mr & Mrs Rapist a loan anytime soon.

No worries dude.

I had that code since my Xbox broke back in November. I was going to give it to my brother today as a birthday present along with some Under Armour gear but I'll just tell him I gave it to someone I've never met before instead.

I'm sure he'll understand, after all he's (2)6.

Be on after 10 for a while tonight if anyone around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'll be on from about 6 for the long haul into the nightshift

Damn! I'm having people over later, wont be able to play :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Lads random question. I want to stick the Irish flag as my background, I've bought it obviously but when I select it it changes back to the normal greenish / olive background in a second or 2. Is this a game problem or am I just missing something extremely basic.

And if there's any space later on would you mind if I joined yous lads for a couple of games, 'tis awful lonely on my own. Be on from about 7-8 onwards for the night.

RMD wrote: »
    Lads random question. I want to stick the Irish flag as my background, I've bought it obviously but when I select it it changes back to the normal greenish / olive background in a second or 2. Is this a game problem or am I just missing something extremely basic.

And if there's any space later on would you mind if I joined yous lads for a couple of games, 'tis awful lonely on my own. Be on from about 7-8 onwards for the night.

Sure , there are usually so many of us on , there should be a few rooms going.

Damn! I'm having people over later, wont be able to play :(

play anyway, show em what the fuss is about ;)

• Advertisement

celtic723 wrote: »
    As soon as you left it turned to ****.

We lost one game and then i ****ed off.

You mean Ian Beale didnt keep up his usual excellent standards

Shammy wrote: »
    You mean Ian Beale didnt keep up his usual excellent standards

Nah he went an awesome 5/10. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

oh yeah cheers for the games last night on the ps3 lads. i dont think we lost a single game :pac: had to leave early enough though because my friend came over for a few scoops! win streak nearly at thirty now

bluemooner wrote: »
    oh yeah cheers for the games last night on the ps3 lads.

What did you just say!? I think you've taken a wrong turn boy. :pac:

You're looking for this thread.
    RMD wrote: »

What's your GT and I'll add ya? I can't see most peoples sigs 'cos I'm in work (Just in case it's in your sig and people start mocking me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

As a fellow glasses wearer, I've considered laser eye surgery but I'm a little nervous to say the least. "What if it goes wrong, what if I go blind" etc etc. . .

Wouldn't mind hearing a first hand experience from a non-advertising person if you have a bit of time to post.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I would have went for it a few years ago but my girlfriend got it done about 1.5 years ago and it worked great. She even went back a second time to get one eye touched up to bring her fully to 20:20 vision.

I got it done in the Wellington Clinic in Sandyford, somewhere I've known a lot of people I know have had it done. It's expensive enough but definitely worth it and they provide a lifetime guarantee if your sight changes in the slightest (which happens to a very low % of people).

My eyes did feel pretty rough a couple of hours after the surgery and they were constantly streaming which made it hard to rest them but I conked last night after some sleeping pills and woke up feeling great this morning! Things are a tiny bit hazy for a few days and nighttime vision is affected by 'halos' around lights, like what contact lens wearers experience, but that subsides as the months go on and isn't too much of an inconvenience.

There's no risk of blindness (not mentioned on consent form) and the main things are infection (never occurred with this clinic), inflammation (only happened a few times in the last 15 years or so) and dry eyes (which depends on the patient)

If you need any more info, let me know!
    yimrsg wrote: »
    Congrats on that. Now go update your avatar to something with less wonky eyes.

Haha, I didn't think they were that wonky!

Cheers for that Jev! Is there a list of things you can'tdo in the future? Stuff like say swimming? It's been so long since I haven't had glasses I honestly dont know how I'd feel going without them...

Tried contacts for a day but it was such a pain putting them in!! Spent 45 minutes in the morning poking my eye hoping they'd get in eventually only for them to fall out a few seconds later! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bluemooner

haha just noticing that now, what am i like!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

You're looking for this thread.

What's your GT and I'll add ya? I can't see most peoples sigs 'cos I'm in work (Just in case it's in your sig and people start mocking me)

GT: ItsRMD

Cheers Cereal.

fcuk sake, why do people play stuff like Sabo and Demolition like its fcuking TDM? was 24-0 in the first round on a game of demo on firing range there, including getting the defuse, and then in the round where we were on the offensive it turned into a clusterfcuk, the other team got a gunship and demolished us, bloody randoms..

• Advertisement

The difference between playing with randoms and a good team of boardsies is unreal, think i got blackbird/chopper 3 games in a row, that'd never happen playing TDM with a bunch of noobs.was funny when a few people all had blackbirds at once and couldnt call them in, not many 2nd chance **** tonight either for a change, tons of ghost pro ones though. :mad:

Advertisement