Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

krudler wrote: »
    The difference between playing with randoms and a good team of boardsies is unreal, think i got blackbird/chopper 3 games in a row, that'd never happen playing TDM with a bunch of noobs.was funny when a few people all had blackbirds at once and couldnt call them in, not many 2nd chance **** tonight either for a change, tons of ghost pro ones though. :mad:

Really enjoyed those games tonight!

Seamus's winstreak is up to 222 now. Long may it continue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

celtic723 wrote: »
    Seamus's winstreak is up to 222 now.

Holy fuck sticks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Well done Seamus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I had my flukiest best ever game in domination in jungle last night, going 33-0 with spy, counterspy and blackbird as killstreaks and getting 4 captures and 6 defends. If anyone with a capture card could get it from my fileshare (it's number 3 I think) I'd be very grateful and promise to name my second borne after you, El Rapist is the glorious name of the first.

You would think that since a blackbird is flying at the edge of space that there is no congestion up there and we can have a squadron of them flying up there nonstop but nope. Think in one game there was 2 or 3 we couldn't call in.

Another highlight was Benrob trying to sell me a deck chair and talking about nukes and Radiohead and CFC's prank calling and laughter fit. Needless to say we lost B a more times in domination than normal. Good fun and good games.

yimrsg wrote: »
    I'd be very grateful and promise to name my second borne after you, El Rapist is the glorious name of the first.

I can imagine the conversation now between Yimrag and Mrs. Yimrag

Yimrag: Listen honey, I know I said we weren't going to have anymore kids after the El Rapist Cereal fiasco thingy but.... well, ya see there's been this other thing....

Mrs. Yimrag: What is it now? I Suppose someone didn't call in a chopper just so you could? Or wait, let me guess, someone is going to upload a vidoe of your gameplay for you??

Yimrag: Yea, Shammy said he'd stick up my awesome 33-0 game if we named our second child after him.

*long pause*

......I'm sorry babe, but it's been done and you can't undo a done. Shammy is printing T-Shirts that read "I pwn Yimrags kid" as we speak.

• Advertisement

I can imagine the conversation now between Yimrag and Mrs. Yimrag

Yimrag: Listen honey, I know I said we weren't going to have anymore kids after the El Rapist Cereal fiasco thingy but.... well, ya see there's been this other thing....

Mrs. Yimrag: What is it now? I Suppose someone didn't call in a chopper just so you could? Or wait, let me guess, someone is going to upload a vidoe of your gameplay for you??

Yimrag: Yea, Shammy said he'd stick up my awesome 33-0 game if we named our second child after him.

*long pause*

......I'm sorry babe, but it's been done and you can't undo a done. Shammy is printing T-Shirts that read "I pwn Yimrags kid" as we speak.

I read that as spawned and had to check what I had written in the above post.

Good news honey, we can have a normally named second child.
    Bad news is I have sold off my place as father for an upload to youtube. Here is *insert name here*. Here is yimrsg's wife *insert sperm here*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I'll do it it later on yimrag , if you put Shammy in front of your second name i bet it gives it a nice ring :p

Shammy wrote: »
    I'll do it it later on yimrag , if you put Shammy in front of your second name i bet it gives it a nice ring :p

Cheers man, there's no rush that to upload the vid, it'll will stay there forever in my fileshare. The child's name will be Shamrag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,062 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Jev/N wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not sure if I would have went for it a few years ago but my girlfriend got it done about 1.5 years ago and it worked great. She even went back a second time to get one eye touched up to bring her fully to 20:20 vision.

I got it done in the Wellington Clinic in Sandyford, somewhere I've known a lot of people I know have had it done. It's expensive enough but definitely worth it and they provide a lifetime guarantee if your sight changes in the slightest (which happens to a very low % of people).

My eyes did feel pretty rough a couple of hours after the surgery and they were constantly streaming which made it hard to rest them but I conked last night after some sleeping pills and woke up feeling great this morning! Things are a tiny bit hazy for a few days and nighttime vision is affected by 'halos' around lights, like what contact lens wearers experience, but that subsides as the months go on and isn't too much of an inconvenience.

There's no risk of blindness (not mentioned on consent form) and the main things are infection (never occurred with this clinic), inflammation (only happened a few times in the last 15 years or so) and dry eyes (which depends on the patient)

If you need any more info, let me know!

Was talkin to Jev on Saturday - I can second everything said above. Got mine done in Optical Express up off Pembroke Road. Had the operation at 7:30 and was watching Champions League football that night.

Its uncomfortable for a couple of hours, kinda like the dryness and soreness of an eye infection, but once you sleep you wake up much better.

Some medication for a couple of weeks afterwards (drops) but seriously, best thing I've ever done.

Plus, I don't know if its the same now, but I got it done 3 years ago and got 40% back on the Med1 form..

Appreciate the invites lads but sorry I couldn't join ye yesterday evening - was on and off the Xbox at the weekend, tonnes to do around the gaff so I was sneaking in a few games wherever I could.

Hope to do a couple of long stints this week though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Got mine done in optilase a few years ago. Fantastic, best money I ever spent.

I actually wasn't that pushed about having to wear glasses however due to an astigmatism I couldn't wear daily disposable contacts so I just thought I would ring up one day to see what the procedure and timeline was for getting it done. I was expecting them to say over a couple of months between getting an appointment and tests done. However I rang on a wednesday, they said I come come in for an inital test on the friday, with the proper test on the Monday to have the operation done the following saturday:eek:. Now I didn't actualyl get in done in that timeline but it is possible and that feeling you get when you wake up in the morning and can see what time it is without spinting or actually being able to see while taking a shower and the small things that really make a difference

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, I really appreciate the views!

Sorry for dragging this thread off topic with it but I just have one last question. . .

In your opinions, is there any downsides at all?? Even small ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Didnt know whether to laugh or feel sorry for that one lad who was left on the opposing team against us last night, all his team dropped out as they were getting hammered and he was left alone, fair play to him for sticking it out though. i suggest we all group together and let him lob a grenade at us lol

Hope to be on tonight for a bit to get the winstreak up a bit more. Currently on 60 something

Thanks lads, I really appreciate the views!

Sorry for dragging this thread off topic with it but I just have one last question. . .

Nope - although I do miss glasses sometimes.. you know.. to hold by the frame when you are making a point, or to patronise someone by looking over the tops of them ;)
    Hope to be on tonight for a bit to get the winstreak up a bit more. Currently on 60 something

Nearly my age :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

so who's going to come down with a mysterious illness tomorrow and can't go to work

Faolchu wrote: »
    so who's going to come down with a mysterious illness tomorrow and can't go to work

I think I've a case coming on of Diaphramatic Laryngitis Condition....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Oh, trying to reclaim the title?

CORaven wrote: »
    Oh, trying to reclaim the title?
    As much as I'd love to, I don't think I'll be able to beat Seamus' 220 +

Would like to have a pop at my original 148 though from MW2.

I'll settle for a century :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

sorry about not being able to join in on James bond last night lads, she who must be obeyed came home ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

you can look like a tit when you put your finger randomly at the spot between your brow as you push back your phantom glasses back into place.

Other then that my eyes get drier a bit more so it is always handy to keep spare eye drops around.

• Advertisement

you can look like a tit when you put your finger randomly at the spot between your brow as you push back your phantom glasses back into place.

LOL!

I'd definitely do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭jarvis_c82

Sorry about last night lads but my computer, xbox and broadband were conspiring against me.

Anyone getting the map pack today? the connection will prob be sh1te tonight with so many people playing on the new maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll be gettin them at some stage tonight, hopefully a decent new map for James Bond :)

ok whats this James Bond thing people are talking about? custom game mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yep,

TDM with, for example, 5 v 1, 1 being James Bond is equipt with sniper, silencer and the 5 with MPK/MP5 (whatever it is)

On nuketown the 5 go upstairs in 1 of the houses and must stay upstairs, James Bond tries to pick them off until either theyre all dead or 1 of them kill him,

On WMD its the middle building (beside B on DOM)

On Firing Range its the shed type thing above A

Im crap explaining so if ya dont get it... ask Paddyman :D

edit: theres more to the weapons and perks but thats the general idea

also the person to kill JB changes team and becomes JB, if JB kills all 5 its the last man standing that changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

yea its a custom game mode that u do. one person is james bond and the rest of the players have to stay in the one building and try and kill him. i did it on nuketown yesterday. we had to stay upstaires in one of the houses and the player that played james bond is alowed free roam the map. think if you play james bond you have really fast health regenaration. and the players who are trying to kill bond have low health so it only takes one bullet from a pistol to kill. also the person that kills bond plays bond in the next round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So are all you guys getting the map pack or are some people waiting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    So are all you guys getting the map pack or are some people waiting?

Mines done but i'm watching the Celtic match.

• Advertisement

Getting mine when I get home from work at half 10 :)

Advertisement