Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I was wondering the same - who's Seamus on boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

LakesKeane wrote: »

Seamus lfc , i see him on a good bit but he doesnt post much.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

LakesKeane wrote: »

It's my alter ego.

whistle-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-emoticon-000698-facebook.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Faolchu wrote: »
    good games last night apart from seamus taking pretty much all the kills (28 - 1 or something like that). fecker got chopper gunner in two games of nuke town and just spawn trapped them. not sure if it was floyd or yimrag that was in the spawn point and still couldnt get a kill in coz of him.

That was Floyd, he was giving out being in their spawn and throwing his tomahawk not getting a kill when he threw it before Seamas fired at them with the chopper gunner. I had to explain/patronise him that bullets were many, many times faster than an axe and could easily make up the time. He did another one where he went for the game winning killcam with a tomahawk and missed only for seamas to kill the guys floyd threw at. Very funny, then he rage quit (I think). Skrapsak, Everlast, Faolchu and Swampy then decided to call in their own big killstreaks and it was like an air show at points, no box kites though.

Not like this:
    wetstring.png?w=300&h=225

Like this:
    Apocalypse_now_01.jpg

My internet failed on me and was offline for ages before it came back on and missed out on the big 300 match. Congrats. Some say Seamas can kill you by blinking his eyelids.

Got an invite with Funkz/ Lazyfingers and we had a few good matches of dom on the new maps. One game in stadium was just horrible, level 15 prestige camping in the same spot the whole game overlooking B not trying to cap any positions. I then made it my goal to kill him with every single one of my classes. It's very satisfying killing lads with their own golden gun.

The rest of their team were camping going for kills too. They eventually copped on and almost won when they were 190-191 up with 2 positions, but we edged them 200-194/5?

Stadium is a good map but so far every one has been a camp fest with people in all 3 of the high vantage points over B killing, not capturing. It's really important to have willy pete's for capturing it. Haven't done any of the others yet but looking forward to getting a full party and stomping.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shammy wrote: »
    Seamus lfc , i see him on a good bit but he doesnt post much.

It all makes sense now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If I could thank twice, I would - you're a funny f'er Yimrag! :D

I keep my Killstreaks low, Spyplane, Counter and then care package. Its not necessarily because I can't hit the higher ones, its just there's no point when Seamus spends more time in the air than Jordan's legs..

everlast75 wrote: »
    If I could thank twice, I would - you're a funny f'er Yimrag! :D

I keep my Killstreaks low, Spyplane, Counter and then care package. Its not necessarily because I can't hit the higher ones, its just there's no point when Seamus spends more time in the air than Jordan's legs..

That works with both Jordan's. Just not with Eddie.

I run 3,4,8 and I usually get a blackbird when there is 6 of us. Care packages take up a lot of time I could be killing people with a gun. I got fed up getting ammo and spy planes very quickly. It's just handier for me to have a click; spyplane, click; counter spy plane, click; blackbird. Rather than chuck grenade, wait for package to nearly kill me and attract enemy and friendly jackels and taada spyplane click; b*llox.

That reminds me of something last night faolchu was taking a care package and the stupidest greediest enemy ever ran over to it, tried taking it and then got shot by faolchu when he put his gun away. They were on opposite sides of it and I'd say that lad had a heart attack when the carepackage turned into an enemy before his eyes. It was on firing range I think if Faolchu or I can dig it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

great few games of demo last night very good for some of the feel good team building :)dont think we lost one game all night long despite a couple of fairly good teams we went up against . really thought we were gonna loose that game on discoverey. still enjoyable though because at the end of the day we were getting beaten by a better team and not by some ****ty connection where you had no hope . made all the better by the fact that we won over in the end even if it was a little close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

sierra117x wrote: »
    great few games of demo last night very good for some of the feel good team building :)dont think we lost one game all night long despite a couple of fairly good teams we went up against . really thought we were gonna loose that game on discoverey. still enjoyable though because at the end of the day we were getting beaten by a better team and not by some ****ty connection where you had no hope . made all the better by the fact that we won over in the end even if it was a little close

Liked your self-intro to Kendi's bruv biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Liked your self-intro to Kendi's bruv biggrin.gif

had to be done :pac:
    i hope he caught on it was a joke ................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

sierra117x wrote: »
    had to be done :pac:
    i hope he caught on it was a joke ................

Ah I'm sure he did. Sounds like he has his own manbag. wink.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Guwon the seamus!

Will be on later i'd say.

Haven't been on the past few nights as my dog just had an operation.

Think i'll rename him Cyclops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

yimrsg wrote: »
    That was Floyd, he was giving out being in their spawn and throwing his tomahawk not getting a kill when he threw it before Seamas fired at them with the chopper gunner. I had to explain/patronise him that bullets were many, many times faster than an axe and could easily make up the time. He did another one where he went for the game winning killcam with a tomahawk and missed only for seamas to kill the guys floyd threw at. Very funny, then he rage quit (I think). Skrapsak, Everlast, Faolchu and Swampy then decided to call in their own big killstreaks and it was like an air show at points, no box kites though.

Not like this:
    wetstring.png?w=300&h=225

Like this:
    Apocalypse_now_01.jpg

My internet failed on me and was offline for ages before it came back on and missed out on the big 300 match. Congrats. Some say Seamas can kill you by blinking his eyelids.

Got an invite with Funkz/ Lazyfingers and we had a few good matches of dom on the new maps. One game in stadium was just horrible, level 15 prestige camping in the same spot the whole game overlooking B not trying to cap any positions. I then made it my goal to kill him with every single one of my classes. It's very satisfying killing lads with their own golden gun.

The rest of their team were camping going for kills too. They eventually copped on and almost won when they were 190-191 up with 2 positions, but we edged them 200-194/5?

Stadium is a good map but so far every one has been a camp fest with people in all 3 of the high vantage points over B killing, not capturing. It's really important to have willy pete's for capturing it. Haven't done any of the others yet but looking forward to getting a full party and stomping.

I stand by my point.
    He probably wasn't even aware of the people when I thew it.
    But fúck it he deserves it because of how well he plays.

Congrats on the big 300 Seamus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Anyone on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Fair play Seamas, brilliant score!

Wasn't on last night as I was out in the pub... Probably won't be on until tomorrow afternoon as the missus is around for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Anyone else experience a lot of lag last night on xbox live ?
    Serious pain the aras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

claiva wrote: »
    Anyone else experience a lot of lag last night on xbox live ?
    Serious pain the aras.

yup i did , didnt stay on for very long ..... my connection was dodgy as well though.

Yeah serious lag and loads of host migrations last night, there was over one million players on so I'd say the servers were at or close to capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

That's ok then, as long as I wasn't the only one !!!!

I had hoped to rank up quickly and Prestige again, doesn't look likely now.
    Ho hum.

Coming round to Berlin wall a bit. Certainly my least favorite of the new ones. I've been playing a good few different game types and some maps are really much better for objective game types

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

christ, playing with randoms on stuff like Demolition is INFURIATING! stop playing it like TDM! theres two spots, stick around either of them, forget running around looking for kills, the enemy team comes to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

krudler wrote: »
    christ, playing with randoms on stuff like Demolition is INFURIATING! stop playing it like TDM! theres two spots, stick around either of them, forget running around looking for kills, the enemy team comes to you!

Or the people who play with the "ah sure someone else will defuse it" mentality and continue to look for kills instead of defusing the fúcking bomb. Random in general infuriate me, I need to play in parties more.

RMD wrote: »
    Or the people who play with the "ah sure someone else will defuse it" mentality and continue to look for kills instead of defusing the fúcking bomb. Random in general infuriate me, I need to play in parties more.

big time, the difference between playing with a team of boards players and randoms is ridiculous, and i dont mean in that i need to be carried, just that shoutouts, knowing someone is watching a particular area and the like doesnt happen with randoms, who just run around in an uncoordinated mess. sick of being the only one even attempting to shoot down air support or defuse bombs. tdm from now on with randomers, tactical games with parties.

big time, the difference between playing with a team of boards players and randoms is ridiculous, and i dont mean in that i need to be carried, just that shoutouts, knowing someone is watching a particular area and the like doesnt happen with randoms, who just run around in an uncoordinated mess. sick of being the only one even attempting to shoot down air support or defuse bombs. mercenary tdm
    from now on with randomers, tactical games with parties.

.. I would suggest..

Great games last night with Yimrag, Seamus, iMicro, Jev/N and Jarvis... think we won all game types played, including Demolition.

Hilarious when Yimrag heard the other team comment on Seamus' stats and that they were going to f**k him up on a game of TDM on Radiation...

You shouldn't make Seamus angry... you won't like him when he's angry :D

*needless to say they got spanked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭jarvis_c82

Good games alright last night.

Very funny to hear those lads at the end call Seamus - 'SEE' mus. They eventually raged quit after getting destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

I had a brilliant laugh last night in Gun Game. I ended up in a lobby with a clan from Newcastle, so knowing I'd not stand a chance of winning I decided to have a few games of stab only!

Hearing them get so pissed off was hilarious! My record was on Nuketown with 29 stabs :D There was one lad who I humiliated on ballistic knives about 5 times in 2 minutes. I love being a bastard! :D

Just had my best game of S&D ever on Blops there, was 8-0 until I got killed in the last round, got the gamewinning kill on three (might have even been four) rounds up to that as well :eek:

edit: arrrrrrrgh FFS! it didnt record properly in theatre, i came in after the game had started so doesnt show what i played, fcukin typical :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Just had my best game of S&D ever on Blops there, was 8-0 until I got killed in the last round, got the gamewinning kill on three (might have even been four) rounds up to that as well :eek:

edit: arrrrrrrgh FFS! it didnt record properly in theatre, i came in after the game had started so doesnt show what i played, fcukin typical :mad:

It should do. Just fast forward to where your first spawned and you will be selectable. Can you find the game?

ha my kd went from 0.13 playing against boards lads to 21.00 playing with them :pac:

I take back what I said about Kowloon being ****e for chopper gunners :D

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    It should do. Just fast forward to where your first spawned and you will be selectable. Can you find the game?

nope, checked it there again and i has me listed in it, but the game is only 1min52 long and it only shows 2 guys running around everyone else is stuck at first spawn, very wierd, bloody typical, it says its 3-2 on the score, i didnt think it was that when i joined it, maybe have been in the middle of the first round, i dunno :confused:

Advertisement