Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Great games again last night with the lads...

However..

Furious, X43, Elkat, Paddyman...

_40894629_delia.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Black ops is ****ttttt now :( Anyone see MW2 for xbox cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dunnel009

Sprrratt wrote: »

The hotfix that came after the mappack removed most of my lag and the game was great, but the new code version that came with double pts has the lag back as bad as ever, i hoped when they removed double pts they would have just rolled back 1 code version but they did it as another code change and hence unplayable again....
    Lag is the only issue in this game, everything else is either as a result of it (i.e hitmarking). or just peoples weapon or perk preferences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sprrratt wrote: »

Looking for it myself, they had it new for 25 quid in GAME recently (2nd hand 360 games are a no no for me, its too finicky when it comes to playing anything with scratches no matter how small) but its back at 40 or so again, its kinda ridiculous is hasnt gone platinum yet, COD4 only went platinum last years, its 4 years old!

I had to check what killed me when I got that chopper on Grid last night, the chopper sequence finished and i died immediately, had a look on theatre and Seamus was standing beside me and a guy ran in, got shot by him and then he went into 2nd chance and killed both of us, ugggh, would have had a perfect game if not for him and his crappy perk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

7500 - 1100 on TDM last night.
    It was like a force of nature.
    Couldnt stop laughing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

swampyk08 wrote: »

I think our best ever was something like 7500-500 or 700 :D

Jev/N wrote: »
    I think our best ever was something like 7500-500 or 700 :D

was that the first game I joined? i hopped in and saw the score and was like "ah jaysus" :pac: I just ran around as you lot were pummeling my team (and i use the word in the lightest sense possible) i think i got a kill though \:D/

swampyk08 wrote: »

a sure sign the other team were running at least 1 to 1.d seconds behind

Dunnel009 wrote: »
    a sure sign the other team were running at least 1 to 1.d seconds behind

no, they were just sh1t, i was on that team for the last minute or so, wasnt lagging from what I can recall.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    no, they were just sh1t, i was on that team for the last minute or so, wasnt lagging from what I can recall.

Have had it happen to often, win a game 7500 -2000, next game same teams, same map and we get beat 7500 - 1000 in first game everything was 3 bullet kills, second game everything is a clipand a half for a kill and killcam shows you not firing even when you unload a clip and start to reload......

the majority of games in BLOPS are won by more than 3000pts, doesnt happen in the other games... this games connectivity and lag compensation is just horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Dunnel009 wrote: »
    Have had it happen to often, win a game 7500 -2000, next game same teams, same map and we get beat 7500 - 1000 in first game everything was 3 bullet kills, second game everything is a clipand a half for a kill and killcam shows you not firing even when you unload a clip and start to reload......

the majority of games in BLOPS are won by more than 3000pts, doesnt happen in the other games... this games connectivity and lag compensation is just horrendous

If you've ever been in a lobby with 6 boardsies that include Seamas, CFC, Ross, Benrob, Krudler, Shammy, Floyd, Coraven, Boronic, Jesus, Micro, Everlast, Elkat etc there is going to be an ass whooping.

Generally what happens is once a blackbird comes in, your done; because then a chopper comes in then another blackbird and usually we have continuous spyplane/blackbird till then end of the game.

Some of the games on domination end up with several individuals having 2+ choppers/blackbirds to call in and no free airspace.

Lag plays a part but more often than not skill is what really counts. I doubt Seamas managed to get 312 win streak on a moderate/strict NAT by constantly being chosen as host.

With regard to that 7500-500 game, I hold my hand up and admit I gave them 200 points, no one else on the team died twice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

yimrsg wrote: »
    If you've ever been in a lobby with 6 boardsies that include Seamas, CFC, Ross, Benrob, Krudler, Shammy, Floyd, Coraven, Boronic, Jesus, Micro, Everlast, Elkat etc there is going to be an ass whooping.

Generally what happens is once a blackbird comes in, your done; because then a chopper comes in then another blackbird and usually we have continuous spyplane/blackbird till then end of the game.

Sorry I had to laugh at the bolded bit there,I know who your refering too but maybe others don't
    jesus-lag.jpg

Some of the games on domination end up with several individuals having 2+ choppers/blackbirds to call in and no free airspace.

Lag plays a part but more often than not skill is what really counts. I doubt Seamas managed to get 312 win streak on a moderate/strict NAT by constantly being chosen as host.

With regard to that 7500-500 game, I hold my hand up and admit I gave them 200 points, no one else on the team died twice.

To be fair everyone else mentioned there is a better player than me, I'm usually the average one on the team, get lucky occasionally and have decent games. My aiming is still all over the place from years of using the PS3 pad :pac:

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Sorry I had to laugh at the bolded bit there,I know who your refering too but maybe others don't
    *snip*

You of all people should know about lag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

You of all people should know about lag!

headline_1263752901.jpg

Perrin's Apparel of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Perrin's Apparel of choice.

I'm sure it was lag, not f**

Nice to see X43 around last night, hopefully it'll be longer stints from now on!

Usual whopping ensued, including us on a two bar against 4 bar Americans... :rolleyes:

My Delia's question remains for the others...

WHERE ARE YOU?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

First time playing with seamus last night and all I can say is that he is a greedy b@stard :D. Playing Array I get my first 3 kills thinking not bad, and then all of a sudden he is calling in a chopper gunner already and I'm like WTF now the hell is he calling in one so quickly. As you can imagine things didn't get much better after that and I think I died more often then usual having to run after kills before he got them all :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

We were in a lobby with these guys - wasnt exactly an ass whipping now was it...

• Advertisement

bubbleking wrote: »
    We were in a lobby with these guys - wasnt exactly an ass whipping now was it...

hornets-nest.jpg

Really????

Just pointing it out is all

Just pointing it out is all
    117416_76837_Unsuccessful.jpg

You played 12 members on this board who until those matches were arranged had never played before together and your clan was undefeated.

Just pointing that out.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Im ignored though so you wont see this so I dont expect a response

yup we were undefeated at HCTF - and still are fwiw.

losing by 30 odd points in Dom isnt an ass whooping

losing by 4 kills in TDM isnt an ass whooping.

Just pointing out a flaw in a previous post no need to get offended

oh and the highest kill streak you got was a Sentry gun. Didnt see any blackbirds or chopper gunners?? this information is not what your original posts suggests. Maybe thats why we wern't "done". there wasnt enough of a skill difference for you to get your blackbirds and chopper gunners like there is when you play random noobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I dont think i've ever been in a lobby with you , and for the record for 6 random people first time ever playing together coming up against an experienced undefeated clan as yourselves and winning 4-1 overall is a bit of an azz-whooping.

But do we really need to be bringing all this crap up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Im ignored though so you wont see this so I dont expect a response

yup we were undefeated at HCTF - and still are fwiw.

losing by 30 odd points in Dom isnt an ass whooping

losing by 4 kills in TDM isnt an ass whooping.

Just pointing out a flaw in a previous post no need to get offended

your "clan" has been beaten twice . fairly and squarley so why bother getting back into it again . your welcome to chat away in the threads all you like but dont start getting back onto that ****e again its all over and done with now so move on

Shammy wrote: »
    I dont think i've ever been in a lobby with you , and for the record for 6 random people first time ever playing together coming up against an experienced undefeated clan as yourselves and winning 4-1 overall is a bit of an azz-whooping.

But do we really need to be bringing all this crap up ?

why 4-1?

BRDS won 2-1 each time?

our claim that still stands is that we are undefeated at CTF. We generally win at DOM but not all the time - its actually great craic wev started playing it a bit since the clan match. Never played TDM too boring

sierra117x wrote: »
    your "clan" has been beaten twice . fairly and squarley so why bother getting back into it again . your welcome to chat away in the threads all you like but dont start getting back onto that ****e again its all over and done with now so move on

yup we were beaten twice fair as you can get

are you disputing the fact that we never have been beaten at CTF?

edit - thanks for your permission to post on a public forum

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Mod note:

509px-CZ_traffic_mark_C1_roundabout.svg.png

Cut the repetitive and frankly tiresome crap out folks, and I'am talking to those who started this and those responding. Squabble away via PM or XBL to your hearts content. This ran it's course some time ago as far as the mods here are concerned. So I'm drawing the line here before crap really hits the fan.... again.

Ticking-Time-Bomb-Alarm-Clock_02D78330.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyway, like I said (and in line with what this thread was created for) - class games last night lads :D

Now.. If we can get Elkat, Paddyman, Furious out of retirement and Raven away from Zombies.... :cool:

Advertisement