Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I would pay money to see a handful of the repeat offenders banned for life.

You just made me think of this:

Anyone be on later for a spot of James Bond or some other private game types?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

IPAM wrote: »

On topic: Its hard to go from wearin flak to not :mad:
    Ive spent the last few weeks running at claymores for fun, changed my setup a bit last night.... didnt turn out too well on DOM
    Try turning off hacker after a few weeks running it .....so many claymores .
    Pretty handy in objective based games you can see the tact inserts jamers motion sensors a mile away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sierra117x wrote: »
    Try turning off hacker after a few weeks running it .....so many claymores .
    Pretty handy in objective based games you can see the tact inserts jamers motion sensors a mile away

its a disaster when you turn it off.
    you feel silly when you dont pay attention and walk into a claymore with it on:o

when you see a claymore in a room, if you blow it up and get into the room straight away you can kill the guy before he says " they destroyed your equipment" this way he wont even know you got passed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

I like using lighteight with sleight of hand and prob hacker - you just feel like a machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

yimrsg wrote: »
    Anyone be on later for a spot of James Bond or some other private game types?

Im getting bit bored of JB but im up for it, the banter in the lobby makes up for it :D

• Advertisement

bubbleking wrote: »
    I like using lighteight with sleight of hand and prob hacker - you just feel like a machine

I use slight of hand pro n sometimes dual mags!! Freakin great, millisecs to reload :pac::pac:

IPAM wrote: »
    Im getting bit board of JB but im up for it, the banter in the lobby makes up for it :D

I was trying to come up with a cowboys vs indians game where you have to tomahawk/crossbow a cowboy to kill him and then he joins the indians.
    Starts with 1 indian vs X cowboys then 2 vs X-1, 3 vs X-3 until there is one left. Have it on my fileshare but I haven't done a lot of play testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Serious amount of Trolling going on here. Can't wait for the ban(s) to come flying in.

Feel sorry the 360 lads that use the thread the proper way.

I was trying to come up with a cowboys vs indians game where you have to tomahawk/crossbow a cowboy to kill him and then he joins the indians.
    Starts with 1 indian vs X cowboys then 2 vs X-1, 3 vs X-3 until there is one left. Have it on my fileshare but I haven't done a lot of play testing.

Ha that sounds great, can imagine the indian sounds in the lobby :D

Ill be on bout 8/9 so im up for it if ya can get a few more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I have to say that game mode sounds very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'm not sure if you were there, but didn't we play that before? (Might of been with paddyman and a few others....)

I have to say that game mode sounds very good.
    I'm not sure if you were there, but didn't we play that before? (Might of been with paddyman and a few others....)

Yup tried it before but it was a mess as you could only here your own team and I had to change sides to tell the rules so other players did likewise. It was a mess because of that and plus it was on nuketown. Plus people joined mid session. And cowboys could tomahawk indians, who then became cowboys..... disasterous.

Its based on Paddman's zombie mode from MW2 but it's still needs work as I changed the indians speeds and far too many other variables at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yup tried it before but it was a mess as you could only here your own team and I had to change sides to tell the rules so other players did likewise. It was a mess because of that and plus it was on nuketown. Plus people joined mid session. And cowboys could tomahawk indians, who then became cowboys..... disasterous.

Its based on Paddman's zombie mode from MW2 but it's still needs work as I changed the indians speeds and far too many other variables at once.

Is it alright if I add your gamertag to have a look in your fileshare at the gamemode.

Me and a few of the lads sometimes do private matches on Nuketown with pistols only (no fully auto upgrades).

Its always a good bit of craic and on a plus side, you actually get pretty handy at using pistols. One of the guys I play with played a full game with a silenced Makarov on Firing range and hit his Hind killstreak.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Right, I'm temporarily locking this thread(doing a favour for some) and will wade through the last couple of pages.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

well you post in here and you play on the pS3 so i fail to see your point - or I can see your point its just a hypocritical one maybe ;)

This thread as is most on boards is and will always be free to anyone who wants to post in. Post *key word coming up* constructively. It's clear as daylight what your intentions were and fair play you caused a bit of **** storm. Unfortunately there are one or two others here also who don't have much cop on as well but you pushed it that little bit further despite me warning everyone to stop this crap.
    wow had some more great games tonight - we rock yeaaahhhhhh. kinda getting bored of ctf now. sher there's nobody left to beat :rolleyes:
    fair enough thatl be the end of it as far as Im concerned

Back on topic so. Had some unreal games last night. Absolutley bum raped some pub players out of it. Love when one of us is hosting so it doesnt matter if the other team dashboard. I think in a single game of Nuketown we had > 30 players join and rage quit. To be expected of course when your playing the greatest CTF team in the world. Was funny holding the flag at the end so we could all use our Hinds and attack dogs - lol enemy couldnt even get out of their spawn
    might start playing more Dom. jumped in there tonight and it was so easy to rack up kills. I think noobs beeline to Dom for some reason
    Well, this thread has turned to shíte.

He might my be a rapist who knows(:D) but he speaks the truth so with that said. Again, namely down to a couple of individuals. Mass clean up has been done and the appropriate action has been taken.

Now..

3927802ecealong.jpg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Anyone plan to be on tonight for a good while? Been a hard week and no CoD didn't help, last thing I need now is to play with a group of retarded pubs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Can I suggest we go back to MW2 for a few private games in the near future?
    James Bond last night was decent but it's not the same as on Estate. :D

Didn't do Zombies or Mike Myers or One in the Chamber so couldn't comment on them but I'm loving the thoughts of Wasteland or Scrap Yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

some fun games last night, laggy as fudge on some though, what was with all those little camping bastards on Havana? also massive lols at the guy who put a SAM turret INSIDE a building :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

had my best game of tdm last night when i went 33-0 on jungle . then back in the lobby we picked jungle up again and i went 44-0. then the pressure broke me and i left the lobby knowing i couldnt live up to the expectations of the other players

Its a real sign of how good the boards lads are when you go 25-5 or something and are second from the bottom of the scoreboard on a match, some crazy good scores last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Joined a game a minute or two in on the opposite side to you guys. Within seconds it was "Hind incoming", once that was gone, it was "Huey incoming" and think there might have been dogs as well. It was on launch. I think I had the highest score on my team with 10 kills and 19 deaths, and joint most captures with 1 (and I missed the initial capture). Could not kill most of you, even when I snuck up behind you. Came up behind Seamus? at one stage and unloaded a clip into him, and he turned around and killed me in 1 second...
    Next game was Havana, and was more of the same, don't think I got more than than half way from A to B once before I got an invite to a party and had to drop.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Joined a game a minute or two in on the opposite side to you guys. Within seconds it was "Hind incoming", once that was gone, it was "Huey incoming" and think there might have been dogs as well. It was on launch. I think I had the highest score on my team with 10 kills and 19 deaths, and joint most captures with 1 (and I missed the initial capture). Could not kill most of you, even when I snuck up behind you. Came up behind Seamus? at one stage and unloaded a clip into him, and he turned around and killed me in 1 second...
    Next game was Havana, and was more of the same, don't think I got more than than half way from A to B once before I got an invite to a party and had to drop.

its hilarious watching the killstreaks rack up when theres a party going, people having to call dibs on who gets to call in the next blackbird and chopper gunner lol

went 200-0 on domination last night as well, that poor other team had so many people drop in and out lol,althuogh would you stay in a match where your team was 190-0 down and there was a gunship tearing around :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

krudler wrote: »
    its hilarious watching the killstreaks rack up when theres a party going, people having to call dibs on who gets to call in the next blackbird and chopper gunner lol

went 200-0 on domination last night as well, that poor other team had so many people drop in and out lol,althuogh would you stay in a match where your team was 190-0 down and there was a gunship tearing around :pac:

Yeah, the team was changing pretty fast, I only stuck around as long as I did to see if I could try and get back to even, but trying to shoot down gunships without ghost pro put paid to that idea!
    To put my 10-19 and 8-16 (I think that's what I was) into context I went into TDM after and went 17-3 in the next game!
    Don't think my k/d could stand coming up against you guys again!

Finally got a mic so I can annoy ya all :D

only a cheap one before anyone asks :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

mcgovern wrote: »
    Yeah, the team was changing pretty fast, I only stuck around as long as I did to see if I could try and get back to even, but trying to shoot down gunships without ghost pro put paid to that idea!
    To put my 10-19 and 8-16 (I think that's what I was) into context I went into TDM after and went 17-3 in the next game!
    Don't think my k/d could stand coming up against you guys again!

I played a few games against the lads last night too, got my ass kicked but was a good bit of craic being in the party while getting a few kills, taking down the air support and all :pac: It's even better when you kill someone like ross because of lag :p

Oh, I'm doing some recording now on cod4, I'll record and put up the 200-0 dom vid later after I'm finished getting all the vids I need from this.

krudler wrote: »

It amazes me how any team can let a game go 200-0, even against a good group of lads like the boards lads. Shows just how K/D focused some players are when they'll ignore capping the first flag and can't combine to cap a flag once throughout the game. Retards should stick to MTDM :pac:

Is it alright if I add your gamertag to have a look in your fileshare at the gamemode.

Me and a few of the lads sometimes do private matches on Nuketown with pistols only (no fully auto upgrades).

Its always a good bit of craic and on a plus side, you actually get pretty handy at using pistols. One of the guys I play with played a full game with a silenced Makarov on Firing range and hit his Hind killstreak.

Yup no probs man, add away. I have no friendly fire or killstreaks in it as could lead to players getting autobooted. I also might have radar always on so that might need changing.

I have it so there is are 4 classes:
    2 Cowboys
    i) Cowboys with olympia & python
    ii) Cowboys with M14 & dual M1911
    2 Indians
    i) Indian Chief (starter indian is only allowed to be chief) smoke grenades
    ii) Injuns (once a cowboy is killed they become an injun) nova gas

The Cowboys are immune to nova but it's meant to obscure the view as loads of injuns with smoke would be impossible for the cowboys.

Let us know how it goes and what needs tweeking.

Some large scale wooping last night including my first ever 200-0 on dom. Didn't do alot once there was choppers overhead. Floydster giving sexual advice to Jesus was also funny, make sure you give her extended mags! It was alot funnier at the time.

Also I thought I'd finally called in 3 blackbirds in one game and was delighted:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=147714&stc=1&d=1297541991

Then I checked the theatre mode and saw it was only two
    attachment.php?attachmentid=147715&stc=1&d=1297541991

Not sure if I'll be on tonight but maybe I'll make a drunken appearance at some unholy hour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cheers for the games this morning Yimrag. Sorry Ross bailed, he deleted me as a friend because I dont care about the Irish Famine. :rolleyes:

Cheers for the games this morning Yimrag. Sorry Ross bailed, he deleted me as a friend because I dont care about the Irish Famine. :rolleyes:

@!!!!!!!! [/backward crap]

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Some serious rape there tonight!

Nearly 3 choppers and 4 blackbirds per game.

Ridiculous night altogether. Didn't lose a game. Nice one lads!

Advertisement