Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've a 24/25 win streak jus from couple hours tonight :D

Course d lads were triple my score most games but I don't mind :pac:

ran into a few campers along the way!!! You knownwho you are!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

celtic723 wrote: »
    Some serious rape there tonight!

Nearly 3 choppers and 4 blackbirds per game.

Ridiculous night altogether. Didn't lose a game. Nice one lads!

Played a few games tonight with the lads and we had about 6 chopper gunners or Hinds per game and 8 blackbirds per game. Also first time I seen one of the lads hit their attack dogs killstreak in just over 1 minute.

But fair play to the guys playing us, they didnt back out and stayed in the lobby for some serious rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

played against the boards lads for a few games last night and was shocked that by the end of it I was basically just getting personal abuse from 1 or 2 of them.

Due to less players on my team I ran with Ghost to see if I could cap a few flags with the least people knowing but started getting crap for that so then changed to a AK-74u to which I then got someone accusing me of it being the only gun I could use, changing their class to that and targeting me. If it had been said in jest I could understand but the fact of the matter is you could easily hear that it wasn't.

There was a good bit of other crap being said in the general lobby about the "teams" I was on that as such below the belt I didn't mind it cause it was against the team but as soon as it started getting personal I finished the game and left.

So my advice for general punters is that the vast majority of boards lads are sound but there are a few that you just won't want to play against if you end up on the other team so if you are looking for a laugh you may be best looking elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

played against the boards lads for a few games last night and was shocked that by the end of it I was basically just getting personal abuse from 1 or 2 of them.

Due to less players on my team I ran with Ghost to see if I could cap a few flags with the least people knowing but started getting crap for that so then changed to a AK-74u to which I then got someone accusing me of it being the only gun I could use, changing their class to that and targeting me. If it had been said in jest I could understand but the fact of the matter is you could easily hear that it wasn't.

There was a good bit of other crap being said in the general lobby about the "teams" I was on that as such below the belt I didn't mind it cause it was against the team but as soon as it started getting personal I finished the game and left.

So my advice for general punters is that the vast majority of boards lads are sound but there are a few that you just won't want to play against if you end up on the other team so if you are looking for a laugh you may be best looking elsewhere

Some people just aren't happy unless you stand out in the open, so as they can get a clear shot at you.:rolleyes:
    Maybe it's because that Ahole WOR is constantly giving out about Ghost pro but I'm sick to death of the bitching about Ghost/Pro...think about it Ghost pro is Coldblooded pro...never heard anybody give out about that in MW2.
    Before anybody says oh you lost Stopping Power when using Coldblooded well bring back Stopping Power so.......they took out SP because of all the bitching about it now they're bitching about Ghost FFS it doesn't even protect you against Air Support till you get Pro.
    If they take out Ghost/CB in the next COD what will the little bitches be giving out about then because trust me they'll find something to give out about.

"Wah Wah.. the other team all using Hardline and running UAV,CUAV and there's no Ghost/CB to counter the UAV's......Hardline is overpowered.. Wah Wah" then Hardline is taken out..FlakJacket?? becomes the overpoweredused perk where does it end?

My point being if you want to play a game without perks play Barebones pure...:mad:..or if ye like play this Can't complain if someone beats you playing that, simplest version of gaming there is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

You got off very very lightly. Gartech joined in later in the night and the abuse he got was unreal. He never left the game nor did he whinge about it on here. He took it in good spirit and just played on.

Fair play to him.

• Advertisement

I don't know your GT so I don't know which one you were but after a few games we changed to ground war were Perrin and garrlett (I think) joined the party, I left after 2-3 games of GW so not sure what happened after that

gets annoying when someone sits in a corner aiming down sights at a door waiting for someone to run in especially if it's DOM

i wasn't shouting abuse at anyone before anyone asks :)

IPAM wrote: »
    I don't know your GT so I don't know which one you were but after a few games we changed to ground war were Perrin and garrlett (I think) joined the party, I left after 2-3 games of GW so not sure what happened after that

gets annoying when someone sits in a corner aiming down sights at a door waiting for someone to run in especially if it's DOM

i wasn't shouting abuse at anyone before anyone asks :)

Think this guy is justsomebloke.

I was the guy who pulled him up on using the AK74noob.

What i really don't understand is why people join our sessions when they know we've got 6 already? By all means join the party and have a laugh but don't join the game if you're going to bitch around the map with noob tactics just to piss us off.

They was one stage last night where 5 people were one off a blackbird and inevitably a chopper gunner, when they were shot at by some sap sitting in a room aiming down the sight with no intention of capping any flags. (Bare in mind we had all three).

Someone made a brilliant point last night by asking why people join and get destroyed when they could have better fun playing tdm on their own until a space is free in which case we'd pick them up.

Once again i have to say thanks to Gar for being a good sport! :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Two guesses as to who that was.
    He took it in good spirit and just played on.

Abusing an online friend shouldn't happen for him to take it in good spirit. I've played with you and know how you can get if someone uses a class you dont like so can only imagine what it was like for him.

Agreed. Even still though, doesn't warrant abuse at the end of the game.

Shock.

Looking at some peoples Combat Record now and almost all have the AK74u in their top 3. Can't check yours 'cos you deleted me.

Floyd, BORonic, BenRob, BlackyChan, CFC, FuriousJustice, Shammy and Perrin. That's a list of people who post here that have it as their NUMBER 1 gun. Are they noobs?

Point prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Can't check yours 'cos you deleted me.

Murphy: "Have you got any potatoes, Paddy?"

Paddy: "No."

The end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Expect to be deleted for that one Floyd. Ross doesn't like Famine jokes.

• Advertisement

You got off very very lightly. Gartech joined in later in the night and the abuse he got was unreal. He never left the game nor did he whinge about it on here. He took it in good spirit and just played on.

Fair play to him.

He probably has you on mute :D

Joe the Santa your more than welcome to add myself and have a few games with the lads I play with.

The only childish abuse you will get if you end up on the other team, would probably be from myself if you kill me when am calling in a care package and steal it on me. It would more than likely be along the lines of "you robbing b*****x"

I had been noobed tubed by one of yous and had people camping against me in a few so I wasn't the only one using noob tactics as you put it. However I took it on the chin and just played on in the games as I was still having a bit of a laugh until you started taking it personally,

I wasn't using the tactics to piss you off I was trying to play the game however with people jumping in and out it's actually quite hard to do. I think in the game I left after I managed to cap 5 points even tough I basically had no team so don't say I wasn't playing the game or just trying to piss yous off.

I had been noobed tubed by one of yous and had people camping against me in a few so I wasn't the only one using noob tactics as you put it. However I took it on the chin and just played on in the games as I was still having a bit of a laugh until you started taking it personally,

I wasn't using the tactics to piss you off I was trying to play the game however with people jumping in and out it's actually quite hard to do. I think in the game I left after I managed to cap 5 points even tough I basically had no team so don't say I wasn't playing the game or just trying to piss yous off.

Smoked me more than a few times on stadium :D

Smoked me more than a few times on stadium :D

That is only because you are easier to find now that you have a working headset:D

We will miss your random words of wisdom;)

I knew it was a mistake gettin one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

you must have been playing a different game because the BRDS clan dont use noob tubes or they dont camp:rolleyes:

I'm not in the boards clan but I do use d noobtube, well in DOM anyway, what better/easier way to kill 3 or 4 lads tryin to take MY flag!!! :D

Think this guy is justsomebloke.

What i really don't understand is why people join our sessions when they know we've got 6 already? By all means join the party and have a laugh but don't join the game if you're going to bitch around the map with noob tactics just to piss us off.

They was one stage last night where 5 people were one off a blackbird and inevitably a chopper gunner, when they were shot at by some sap sitting in a room aiming down the sight with no intention of capping any flags. (Bare in mind we had all three).

Someone made a brilliant point last night by asking why people join and get destroyed when they could have better fun playing tdm on their own until a space is free in which case we'd pick them up.

Once again i have to say thanks to Gar for being a good sport! :cool:

Are you saying, a enemy soldier, shot you with a grenade launcher?? Jesus thats shocking. Disgraceful stuff I tell ya :rolleyes:

The whole thing about someone sitting in a room aiming down the sights at the door is a good one. First off in the killcam you only see X amount of seconds from the enemies PoV. You might not be running the ninja perk and he could have just entered the room himself and heard your foot steps behind him. If so would you much prefer when he hears you, he run out of the room to his death? Of course you would :rolleyes:

Anytime we have one or two friends on the other team, we either play ground war, or keep playing until more lads come in, until we have 2 full teams of friends and then the games get very good and they could go either way. Those games are usually alot better than hammering randomers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Are you saying, a enemy soldier, shot you with a grenade launcher?? Jesus thats shocking. Disgraceful stuff I tell ya :rolleyes:

The whole thing about someone sitting in a room aiming down the sights at the door is a good one. First off in the killcam you only see X amount of seconds from the enemies PoV. You might not be running the ninja perk and he could have just entered the room himself and heard your foot steps behind him. If so would you much prefer when he hears you, he run out of the room to his death? Of course you would :rolleyes:

Anytime we have one or two friends on the other team, we either play ground war, or keep playing until more lads come in, until we have 2 full teams of friends and then the games get very good and they could go either way. Those games are usually alot better than hammering randomers.

I agree with this, many a time i've ran in a door to escape gunfire and turned to ADS at the door cos its obvious someone is following me, call it camping if you want but its better than running with my back easily shootable.

krudler wrote: »
    I agree with this, many a time i've ran in a door to escape gunfire and turned to ADS at the door cos its obvious someone is following me, call it camping if you want but its better than running with my back easily shootable.

I usually aim down the sights for a couple of seconds at the door, and if he doesnt come in, throw a flashbang out and leave again.

• Advertisement

Were you in this game? No.
    Do you know what happened? No.
    Do you have your own forum? Yes.
    Are you here to **** stir? Yes.

Just to put you back into your little box, i'll say the following.

Gar admitted to camping when he joined our party. He was asked if he was sitting in corners ads at doorways and he admitted it.

Anything else you want to assume about this game we played last night or are you done **** stirring for the evening?

Were you in this game? No.
    Do you know what happened? No.
    Do you have your own forum? Yes.
    Are you here to **** stir? Yes.

Just to put you back into your little box, i'll say the following.

Gar admitted to camping when he joined our party. He was asked if he was sitting in corners ads at doorways and he admitted it.

Anything else you want to assume about this game we played last night or are you done **** stirring for the evening?

So this guy Gar fellow is the one your refering to as a "sap" in the post I quoted? and no need to use foul language Celtic.

Can I ask also what you mean by "pulled him up for using the AK47noob"? Are people not allowed use that?

So this guy Gar fellow is the one your refering to as a "sap" in the post I quoted? and no need to use foul language Celtic.

Can I ask also what you mean by "pulled him up for using the AK47noob"? Are people not allowed use that?

You seem to be missing the point. He's no sap because he had the balls to come out and say he couldn't do anything else against us. It's those who continually camp in corners and ignore this fact.

I said to him if that was the only gun he used? To which he replied no. I then said i'd take it out as well and see if he could kill me.

It's the umps brother in this game. I've been killed by it 4 times as much as any other gun, usually with rapid fire attached. I stand by my MW2 idea that i won't use it unless those i'm playing against are using nothing but this gun.

We all know your clan uses this gun but that's neither here nor there.

PS: Sierra will probably be along shortly. One of the only ones on here that has the balls to pull you up on things.

We were told not to go down that road of clan bullsh!t by the mods, but any reply to a post of yours always ends up with you bringing it up.

You have already been called out for being abusive towards guys your playing with from Boards, and how you even have friends to play with is beyond me with that attitude you have.

If anyone wants to employ ANY type of tactics or use any weapon, whether using a Grenade Launcher, AK74U, or whatever perk while playing a game they paid good money for, its entirely up to them, as they are the enemy. I have no say in how they play the game. In the end its my fault for not shooting them first.

We were told not to go down that road of clan bullsh!t by the mods, but any reply to a post of yours always ends up with you bringing it up.

You have already been called out for being abusive towards guys your playing with from Boards, and how you even have friends to play with is beyond me with that attitude you have.

If anyone wants to employ ANY type of tactics or use any weapon, whether using a Grenade Launcher, AK74U, or whatever perk while playing a game they paid good money for, its entirely up to them, as they are the enemy. I have no say in how they play the game. In the end its my fault for not shooting them first.

I'll put this simply:

You have your own forum on boards, and your own clan forum elsewhere.

This topic is about the games we played together last night. You weren't there. Why have you only started posting in here now? Things were grand before you and your clan mates came over here and started posting.

You lot just can't seem to let go, you keep coming back trying to start sh1t. I for one couldn't give a fook about you or your irl mates. I just can't fathom why you feel the need to post in this topic that is specifically for chatting about games WE played last night.

No doubt you'll have some witty response conjured up already. You seem to have an answer for everything. :rolleyes:

I'm finished replying to you, it's just dragging **** off topic and it's not fair on the other lads who want to talk about the craic of last nights games.

Pm me if you've a problem.

I said to him if that was the only gun he used? To which he replied no. I then said i'd take it out as well and see if he could kill me.

If you had simply asked and then just changed your gun to show me up, that would of been fine and I would of taken with a pinch of salt and had a laugh about it.

However in a game that yous were easily winning and had a numerical advantage in, you for some reason let my actions get to you and you simply just didn't ask if it was the only gun I used, you pretty much reponded with venom in your voice and then went out on a personal vendetta to get back at me, in what was being a light hearted match.

My original post was just to point out that if randomers reading this were looking to get in on some of the games they keep reading about here, cause they sound like a laugh, to take note that they might not be the laugh they think and may just get abuse from the odd player you may spoil their experience and I think from your replies since my first post they should now know how truthful that statement is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Poor x360 lads that use this thread in the right spirit .
    It's turned to ****e day in day out by the same few.
    :/

If you had simply asked and then just changed your gun to show me up, that would of been fine and I would of taken with a pinch of salt and had a laugh about it.

However in a game that yous were easily winning and had a numerical advantage in, you for some reason let my actions get to you and you simply just didn't ask if it was the only gun I used, you pretty much reponded with venom in your voice and then went out on a personal vendetta to get back at me, in what was being a light hearted match.

My original post was just to point out that if randomers reading this were looking to get in on some of the games they keep reading about here, cause they sound like a laugh, to take note that they might not be the laugh they think and may just get abuse from the odd player you may spoil their experience and I think from your replies since my first post they should now know how truthful that statement is.

Good post Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

First off I have no idea what's going on here so I'll just say something funny and thanks whore.
    "you robbing b*****x"

boLOLox?

I sense a new meme.

attachment.php?attachmentid=147813&stc=1&d=1297623317

When there are people outside the party of 6 then any tactics those people choose are fairgame. You can take down spyplanes/choppers and shoot at dogs but once a blackbird is up you camp. People might b**** & moan but I'm not going to let my lobby honour cause my k/d ratio to drop below 0.5. If I do go out and try catch bullets then I'll still be slagged off in the lobby anyways for being s***. Pretty much any tactic you chose out of camp/fight in the open and you've got a whole heap of abuse coming to you.

To paraphrase Dylan Moran:
    "Death before dishonour." I always used to wonder, Hey, exactly how much dishonour are we talking about here? 'Cause I could handle quite a lot. I would, for instance, fellate a Smurf before I picked death.
    If I die on 0 kills and I kill someone who is 1 kill away from a chopper or another high killstreak that's just preventing that kill streak from happening rather than having to venture outside with a strella and get shot at from 3 players who know exactly where I am and I'm clueless of their position.

You can't honestly complain after getting 20/30/40 kills and having a pop at others for camping. If I'm using ghost and not showing up on radar and you're complaining then you're arguement is frivolous, you can't keep breaking the game down into smaller and smaller pieces of minute and increasingly useless detail.

As to what gun you use there are plenty of people with enough class slots to choose a LMG with scavenger/hardened/hacker & extended mags to figure out where someone is by shooting through walls and spamming tactical/lethal grenades or listening to their teammates. Add a jammer to the mix and they're equipment is negated. If they use a noobtube have a flakjacket teammate help. There are simple solutions that teamwork counters.
    If someone uses an ak74u with rapid fire chances are it's not silenced so will be killed by someone who watches their radar. You or one of your teammates will get them. No biggy.

Any gun can kill someone, there is very little in them on the whole and more often than not it's individual skill then internet connection then weapon choice dictating who wins.

I've been on both sides and more often than not I've much more respect for the 1 or 2 guys on the other team who pretty much are on damage limitation as they know there will be all sorts of killstreaks and coordinated attacks on them and play to minimise the other team. They've usually got a strella and 3,4,5 killstreaks with hardline pro.

I think myself and Doc had a few one-on-ones in havanna in dom recently and it was just about who killed who the other more memorably (I have no idea who won between us) but the race to 200 points wasn't my main concern, I was trying to knife him and listen to him complain!

If people can accept being beaten (and learning from the defeat & taking it in good grace) then the winning team should at least try do likewise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I think you need to get some thicker skin tbh, I've played with most of the lads on here and I'm sure none of us have a problem telling eachother to fuck off if someone tried to give them any abuse :)
    yimrsg wrote: »

I think myself and Doc had a few one-on-ones in havanna in dom recently and it was just about who killed who the other more memorably (I have no idea who won between us) but the race to 200 points wasn't my main concern, I was trying to knife him and listen to him complain!

I like complaining... :pac: :p Was pretty fun though :)

Advertisement