Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Just called in an airdrop on estate in SnD. How I miss that killstreak...
    Unfortunately I did not get to call in my Ac130...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Enigma IE wrote: »
    How random was that!!?? You guys pwned us in the first one, we managed to steady the ship and win a couple, thanks to Sierra mostly!!
    i loved it probably the most enjoyable few games ive had in a long time. dont talk ****e enigma you where right up top with me on that scoreboard !!!! fair play to anne as well he struggled a bit but he kept on going and thats never as enjoyable to do .cant remember if Mr.Pensioner is on boards but if he is you where a hurricane pal ! blew in f**ked **** up and blew right back out !!!!

clive.....evening to yourself!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Cheers to the lads who played the Cowboys & Indians game, it's getting there just needs some more tweeking perks & health wise and to reach set rules.

I'm gonna give the shotgun cowboy scavenger pro (< 20 shells is too little) and increase his health to 150% to stop explosives killing him outright. I also upped the Indian Chief to 150% health to give him a better chance of getting kills initially as he hasn't got Scavenger. Might give him tactical insertion also to make him be even more sneaky.

I sort of like the way it doesn't end when the last cowboy is left and it's a race to 5000 points or the time limit, but others might not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Love the fast paced nature of it and the Barrett 50 Cal/Intervention oooooh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Love the fast paced nature of it and the Barrett 50 Cal/Intervention oooooh

I may find some time for playing COD on a more regular basis, would defo be up for MW2 again as I'd actually stay on for more than a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Cossax wrote: »
    I may find some time for playing COD on a more regular basis, would defo be up for MW2 again as I'd actually stay on for more than a few games.

I'd be up for a few MW2 games too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

down home, going on the xbox later

GT: clutch1181

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tallon wrote: »

you turn to the darkside too? :pac: or have you always had a sexbox?

friend wants me to play on his account, he only got mobile BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Has anyone gone back to MW2?

I haven't left yet!! :P Will prob be on after the Arsenal match if anyones interested. GT: TunnelTheFunnel

• Advertisement

Youre getting added bbz

Doesn't work.

:(

Sorry, clutch11811

Im not on right now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Great games/craic last night - good to see Raven released from the Zombies, showboating with slick Sentry Gun final kills :cool:

Hope all went according to plan there X43, we patiently await a full and detailed report :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Finding a lobby was a nightmare last night :mad:

Then getting kicked and end up against BRDS lads for a game of DOM...

Well we all know how that went :(:D

Was good craic in general though!

Fun games aside from the nightmare lag on that game on Stadium, although kicking ass on 1-2 bar connection is still good fun.

I picked up WAW this morning it was cheap in HMV, 16 bucks, playing it now its actually good fun, definitely feels like Blops, same sh1tty sound design for footsteps and the like but the guns are good from what I've used so far, will keep me entertained for a while anyway between playing Blops with boardsies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Good fun last night but wrecked my head how long it was taking to get a game as I could only stay on for 1.5 hours or so.

Not only that but the lag was atrocious - think shawpower's explanation makes more sense as I've had other 2 bar games which seemed to be fine (think it's when you have both players on 2 bar that makes it the worst)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I feel like I've missed so many good games lately!

......that's all gonna change tonight!

The missus is working late, the phone is unplugged from the wall, the dogs have been let loose to terrorise the kids of the complex, the drink is chilling and food cooking!

Session on!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Hiya lads,

Anyone lookin for a player tonight at 11-12? on for a few hours.

Can play the game well enough, prefer HC.

Zombies too.... this sounds like a dating advert now

see ya

GT is MunkyTrader

• Advertisement

a whole lobby of 2nd Chance bitches last night, for the love all good players sanity can whoever develops COD games from now on remove this sh1tty, cheap, wankerish perk?! every game since COD4 has had it, and it benefits nobody but the cockbag using it to get a sh1tty cheap kill after they've lost a gunfight or been snuck up on. I couldnt tell you how many times last night I ran around a corner and shot someone, then was shooting at his teammate before he span around in 2nd chance and used his ultrapowered handgun to kill me, its just a sh1tty, kill robbing perk. and the more it happens you the more frustrated you get and start making mistakes.

How come the handguns used as a secondary take about a clip to put someone down, yet in 2nd Chance you can snipe people across the map? **** on Stadium hiding in the bushes wiht ghost pro and 2nd chance last night, wankerish players who cant kill people with skill, have to hide and get their cheap kills instead.

Actually heres how you fix if Treyarch, if you have 2nd Chance as your perk, 30 second respawn. make it so everyone who uses it is put at a massive disadvantage, and taken out of the game for as long as possible after they die, that'll make sure every cockbag who uses it is gone for most of the game, the amount of people using it would drop by 90% over night.

Am loving my Domination class at the mo, Flack Jacket, SOH Pro and Tactical Mask, I run nova gas and frags as my grenades so normally lob a gas grenade at the flag then dive onto it, people cant come near me cos of the gas and grenades are deflected, tis great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

krudler wrote: »
    Am loving my Domination class at the mo, Flack Jacket, SOH Pro and Tactical Mask, I run nova gas and frags as my grenades so normally lob a gas grenade at the flag then dive onto it, people cant come near me cos of the gas and grenades are deflected, tis great.

Did you get the tac mask pro yet? It is difficult to get but it is worth it for the flash and stun resistance while on flags. It gives you a better chance to shoot back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Actually heres how you fix if Treyarch, if you have 2nd Chance as your perk, 30 second respawn. make it so everyone who uses it is put at a massive disadvantage, and taken out of the game for as long as possible after they die, that'll make sure every cockbag who uses it is gone for most of the game, the amount of people using it would drop by 90% over night.

I think that was me hiding in the booshes with my c0ck in hand icon12.gif

I do jest of course, I've never used the perk. 30 second respawn is a very good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

The 20 kills with nova gas is much tougher than the flash/concussion ones.

It seems to be very pedantic on the kill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Protip for Flak Jacket Pro;
    If your teammates have poisoned someone with Nova, or flashed and stunned and you kill the enemy, it still counts as your kill towards FJ. Also Scavenger and Warlord Pro help immensly with it.

I found it was easier to get them on say HQ where you know people will be camping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MiCr0 wrote: »

This is so true. I left the 20 nova gas 20 till last thinking it would be the easiest of the three and it took me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages to get wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

MiCr0 wrote: »

:eek: I found that the easiest.
    Play domination, put warlord pro and scavenger pro on (assuming you have them) then go hell for leather at the flags / choke points.

e.g. I got quad nova gas kills on Summit. Saw the opposing team coming for the B flag. Threw two Nova gas into the little room just as they ran in and starting blasting... lol, easy killing :D

Had it done in 2/3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Back playing MW2 and it's rather nice, better graphics, connection, sound (sit rep pro is awesome) also the game feels newer than black ops. Will be on again after a spot of dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

a whole lobby of 2nd Chance bitches last night.

I am totally with you on all this, when I get these guys on my team I no longer revive them, even if the enemy is entirely across the map, bad teamwork, yeah, but it's a perk only useful if you are getting raped.

During my first few games I used it alot and then realised hacker is SOO much better and more useful to all. That said I play with no party so don't feel bad about not reviving.

Advertisement