Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

yimrsg wrote: »
    Back playing MW2 and it's rather nice, better graphics, connection, sound (sit rep pro is awesome) also the game feels newer than black ops. Will be on again after a spot of dinner.

I stopped reading when you said back playing MW2. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Protip for Flak Jacket Pro;
    If your teammates have poisoned someone with Nova, or flashed and stunned and you kill the enemy, it still counts as your kill towards FJ. Also Scavenger and Warlord Pro help immensly with it.

I found it was easier to get them on say HQ where you know people will be camping.
    Tac Mask Pro me thinks you are talking about. Otherwise, you are correct and it is very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

celtic723 wrote: »

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Played a few games of MW2 there, my god it's so easy to get killstreaks! Predator, harriers, pavelow nearly guaranteed after 5 kills is ridiculous... Was good, but now, drinky times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Played a few games of MW2 there, my god it's so easy to get killstreaks! Predator, harriers, pavelow nearly guaranteed after 5 kills is ridiculous... Was good, but now, drinky times :D

I still play it on ps3, its so easy to get an ac-130 these days its ridiculous, I got one after getting 4 kills with a ump45 on trailer park with hardline on the other night, pred, 2 kills, harrier, 2 kills with the bomb run, 2 more in seconds, in comes the ac-130, went 22-2 in the end.

Am really enjoying WAW at the moment, its good fun, the tanks are cool, pity they dont put vehicles in the other COD games. got attack dogs in my second ever game on it too when i bought it yesterday :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

With all this Modern Warfare 2 talk

awesome.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Yet you went and quoted me?

No COD game has been perfect, COD4 came closest to it but all others have had some issues which potentially ruined a games enjoyment. MW2 has the OMA/Danger Close/Noob, M/L/C & now hacked lobbies. If they sorted out MW2 and had no areas for abuse then I'd probably be still playing it now. Simply remove Commando & OMA and the cheap players resorting to those tactics will change.

Black Ops has a significantly poorer connection for me, and has far too many ways for a game to end prematurely. I played about 20-30 games of MW2 last night and only had one host migration. For all the updates and improvements that have come out, very little have advanced the game significantly in those key areas. Nothing has or is likely to address dashboarders or lagswitchers. These are gamebreakers like OMA & Commando and will ultimately be remembered as the faults of the game.

I looked at the number of days players on my friends list played the game and to criticise it after playing 30 days says it all. For all it's faults it hooked so many people.

Was loads of MW2 talk in the games last night as well, yapping about favourite guns and perks maps and what we loved/hated about it. made me all misty eyed with nostalgia *sniff*

krudler wrote: »
    Was loads of MW2 talk in the games last night as well, yapping about favourite guns and perks maps and what we loved/hated about it. made me all misty eyed with nostalgia *sniff*

You missed Perrin & Paddyman laughing like a newborn babies, as they dropped fools with their spas. Didn't need to check the killfeed as pretty much every laugh was a kill. Ahh the famas with stopping power & the scar ......... so beautiful.
    *sniff* x2
    I'm not crying I've been flashed.

Must say it was great craic to get on last night for a few games. Shame I had to leave so early but hopefuly we can get the party back together again soon for another MW2 night.

• Advertisement

I'm not crying I've been flashed.

Haha!

The spas made the games last night! Loved it.

I can't take it anymore, I'm turning on my xbox in a minute

Yeah defo, once a couple of people are on MW2 the rest will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

If there is enough people on maybe do a huge James Bond on estate or a Zombie mode, ahh good times. Except when Benrob blocked us in to the ensuite toilet and we all died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Bah ye fcukers , my brother in law has my mw2 :mad:

I'm gonna get MW2 for the 360 since the ps3 is crap these days, and the thoughts of going through the levels again isnt even a bad thing, it'll be a laugh as it'll be so easy :D

Its a balls its still so expensive though, cheapest I've seen it is 35 quid in GAME new.

Ah would love to go on now but have to head out shortly.

Shammy you could always rent it to get your fix in, whilst your bro in law is having it sent to you.

I'm gonna get MW2 for the 360 since the ps3 is crap these days, and the thoughts of going through the levels again isnt even a bad thing, it'll be a laugh as it'll be so easy :D

Its a balls its still so expensive though, cheapest I've seen it is 35 quid in GAME new.

Gamestop second hand should be cheaper. Just make sure to get the insurance so that if anything is wrong with it, or the disc magically breaks in two you can get your money back.

I use invisible hand (firefox add on) and this site for price checking:

http://www.billybargain.co.uk/games/prices.php?id=B0021AETNQ

£20.99 from game, rent it for a week whilst you wait for it to arrive and you're laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

awesome.jpg

is that a velociraptor flying a fighter jet while discussing MW2.......that is quite awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Shammy you could always rent it to get your fix in, whilst your bro in law is having it sent to you.

I'm house bound for the next few days :(
    sierra117x wrote: »
    is that a velociraptor flying a fighter jet while discussing MW2.......that is quite awesome :D

Some good games of halo wars last night :)

Has anyone else on here got it ?

sierra117x wrote: »

Yes Sierra, Yes it is!

:p

• Advertisement

MW2 was great fun. All the good guns to chose from :eek:

1.Famas
    2.Scar
    3.UMP
    4.ACR
    5.Intervention
    6.Barrett
    7.Spas
    8.M4
    9.Tar
    10.M93 Raffica

10 fantastic weapons just off the top of my head

Blops has about 5 good guns
    put the blackbird in MW2 and it would kick the **** out of blops.

1.Famas
    2.Scar
    3.UMP
    4.ACR
    5.Intervention
    6.Barrett
    7.Spas
    8.M4
    9.Tar
    10.M93 Raffica

Don't make me choose between Blackbird and Aidrop!
    But yeah, I think I still love the game, would def be up for a few games. Anyone on for a few now?

1.Famas
    2.Scar
    3.UMP
    4.ACR
    5.Intervention
    6.Barrett
    7.Spas
    8.M4
    9.Tar
    10.M93 Raffica

If MW2 had:

Blackbird.
    Sam Turret.
    Tomohawk.
    Wager Matches.
    and dolphin diving.

and lost:
    2nd chance
    danger close
    scavenger replenishing noobtubes.
    commando pro.

It'd be the perfect COD game imo.

If MW2 had:

Blackbird.
    Sam Turret.
    Tomohawk.
    Wager Matches.
    and dolphin diving.

and lost:
    2nd chance
    danger close
    commando pro.

It would have to include the maps from COD4; Pipeline & Crossfire. They're just awesome. Favourite maps along with Crash.

Make it happen Krudler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

--> 13-11-2010 <--, 14:49 #309
    JeanClaude

I'm only playing the game since yesterday but I have to say I.M.H.O. Black Ops is a big pile of sh1te...... Thank you...... I'm away to play MW2.... ....Well done Treyarch...

Not a person to say I told ye so.... but i told ye so..:P

On a serious note, the problem with BO is that they tried to please everyone and ended up taking away everything that made MW2 fun.... i.e. Quickscoping dropshotting, soundwhoring, Kilstreaks kills getting you to other killstreaks (that increased camping not decreased as some said it would) etc etc.. all they needed to take away/tweek/nerf...was as Krudler said 2nd chance, danger close, scavenger replenishing noobtubes, commando pro.

If MW2 had:

Blackbird.
    Sam Turret.
    Tomohawk.
    Wager Matches.
    and dolphin diving.

and lost:
    2nd chance
    danger close
    commando pro.

Ah, few more thing would need to be done.
    A decrease in knife lunges,
    OMA and tubes,
    Quick Scoping,
    Deathstreaks,
    Accumulating killstreaks.
    Perks would need some adjusting.
    Maybe two frags Vs one claymore? or atleast make frags useful.

I would much rather Black Ops with:
    MW2 hit detection, maps, guns and killstreaks

Yet you went and quoted me?

No COD game has been perfect, COD4 came closest to it but all others have had some issues which potentially ruined a games enjoyment. MW2 has the OMA/Danger Close/Noob, M/L/C & now hacked lobbies. If they sorted out MW2 and had no areas for abuse then I'd probably be still playing it now. Simply remove Commando & OMA and the cheap players resorting to those tactics will change.

Black Ops has a significantly poorer connection for me, and has far too many ways for a game to end prematurely. I played about 20-30 games of MW2 last night and only had one host migration. For all the updates and improvements that have come out, very little have advanced the game significantly in those key areas. Nothing has or is likely to address dashboarders or lagswitchers. These are gamebreakers like OMA & Commando and will ultimately be remembered as the faults of the game.

I looked at the number of days players on my friends list played the game and to criticise it after playing 30 days says it all. For all it's faults it hooked so many people.

Well if i'm replying to something you've said i'm going to quote you.

Derp derp!

CORaven wrote: »
    Ah, few more thing would need to be done.
    A decrease in knife lunges,
    OMA and tubes,
    Quick Scoping,
    Deathstreaks,
    Accumulating killstreaks.
    Perks would need some adjusting.
    Maybe two frags Vs one claymore? or atleast make frags useful.

I would much rather Black Ops with:
    MW2 hit detection, maps, guns and killstreaks

Oh yeah deathstreaks, gone! rewarding sh1tty players is a bad thing, it keeps people as bad players.

I'd imagine the reasoning behind 2nd chance is to give people who arent very good a chance, but to that I say, fcuk that sh1t. You learn by doing in COD, the learning curve is massive, I started playing it multiplayer in march 2010, thats over 5 months after it launched, people were 10th prestige at that stage and going into a lobby of people playing it for months was intimidating to say the least, its trial by fire. But you perservere and get better. if you cant be bothered learning from your mistakes and rely on a crappy perk to get easy kills then fcuk you, go play something else.

Shammy wrote: »
    Bah ye fcukers , my brother in law has my mw2 :mad:

Haha, smoove move if you ask me!

Anyone have any ideas on trade in prices for MW2.

• Advertisement

Haha, smoove move if you ask me!

Anyone have any ideas on trade in prices for MW2.

Ross-y-u-no-play-MW2.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Y-U-NO-Troy-

Advertisement