Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

krudler wrote: »
    Awwwwwwww, see this is why MW3 NEEDS theatre mode, Ground War on Highrise, Domination, lobby full of noob kids who fancy themselves sniprzzzzzzz, everyone rushes to the windows for their easy sn1pezzz at the beginning, I'm running a ump45 with lightweight and head to the left and down the stairs, its nothing but sniper shots ringing out, leg over to where the big window at A is, lob a semtex, boom, multikill. get another 2 kills climbing in the window and the spawns flip so bring the predator down on C, another multikill, get my harriers our of that, triple kill with the bomb run on C, ac-130 a few seconds later, spawntrapped at C, double, double, double, triple, triple. went 38-4 at the end of the match

god I love this game :D

That just sums up why i hate this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

celtic723 wrote: »
    That just sums up why i hate this game.

Oh yeah it sucks when your team is on the recieving end, but its a hoot when you pull it off :D compare to a recent game on Blops where there wasnt an enemy player to be found on Array for the first 2 mins of the match. zzzzzzzz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Oh yeah it sucks when your team is on the recieving end, but its a hoot when you pull it off :D compare to a recent game on Blops where there wasnt an enemy player to be found on Array for the first 2 mins of the match. zzzzzzzz

Agreed.

Having said that i can't bring myself to play it because of that ****ing ump gun. It's a pain in the neck. It's all you ever see in the killfeed. zzzzz

celtic723 wrote: »
    Agreed.

Having said that i can't bring myself to play it because of that ****ing ump gun. It's a pain in the neck. It's all you ever see in the killfeed. zzzzz

I dont mind being killed by and of the guns, its gobsh1tes running around with their nootubes already prepped that wreck my head. was in a party with a few of the lads on here the other night and someone with a HUPT tag was running OMA, DC and Commando, the ultimate crappy players setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I dont mind being killed by and of the guns, its gobsh1tes running around with their nootubes already prepped that wreck my head. was in a party with a few of the lads on here the other night and someone with a HUPT tag was running OMA, DC and Commando, the ultimate crappy players setup.

Imagine if they had Flack Jacket in Mw2 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Leeg17 wrote: »

Blast shield? Danger Close counters it out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I know but as a perk, it's really impractical to use the blast shield (unless you're messing around with Riot Shield) imo.

Leeg17 wrote: »

or just nerf the tubes, so they take 2 hits to kill, thatd at least give you time to move. or just remove em altogether..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Went home yesterday afternoon - stuck on MW2. Tubed to f**k - rage quit within 10 minutes.

Turned on Black Ops - played a fair few games for about 2 hours, enjoyed them for the most part.

Went back on to MW2 before hitting the scratcher to play a few games with Finical, Furious, Elkat, Floyd, Krudler and JevN. Tubed to f**k again.

MW2 - pros = good maps, guns, graphics and nostalgia factor; cons = too many a**holes, dangerclose, noobtubes, and commando. When you have a good game, its a f**king great game. When you have a bad game, by god is it awful!

Black Ops - much more of a consistent game - a steady hand, fairer play which leads to less rage-quiting!

I noticed that on MW2, the lads I played with complained alot more about the "style" of the other team (who were in fairness behaving like a-holes) than those I played with on Black Ops.

I know which one I prefer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

good couple of games with some of the lads last night but ended up rage quitting a game of domination. we were seriously spanked. bloody sniper with tactical insert camping out at the dumpster beside B. fecker just kept picking anyone approaching A or B off but his insert was hidden away so even after killing him a few times i never noticed it.

then of course there was those fab bendy bullets that wiz around corners to take you out. cant wait til i unlock that attachment

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

everlast75 wrote: »
    Went home yesterday afternoon - stuck on MW2. Tubed to f**k - rage quit within 10 minutes.

Turned on Black Ops - played a fair few games for about 2 hours, enjoyed them for the most part.

Went back on to MW2 before hitting the scratcher to play a few games with Finical, Furious, Elkat, Floyd, Krudler and JevN. Tubed to f**k again.

MW2 - pros = good maps, guns, graphics and nostalgia factor; cons = too many a**holes, dangerclose, noobtubes, and commando. When you have a good game, its a f**king great game. When you have a bad game, by god is it awful!

Black Ops - much more of a consistent game - a steady hand, fairer play which leads to less rage-quiting!

I noticed that on MW2, the lads I played with complained alot more about the "style" of the other team (who were in fairness behaving like a-holes) than those I played with on Black Ops.

I know which one I prefer....

I thought some people here were claiming that was more or less gone :confused:

I was going to pick it up for one, the above reason plus the promise to fix things on our side of the fence. But what you described is still prevalent.. why bother re-buying it.

You imbeciles should just pick up and enjoy COD4 with your non-hacked lobbies. Lucky contes icon_sad.gif

I thought some people here were claiming that was more or less gone :confused:

I was going to pick it up for one, the above reason plus the promise to fix things on our side of the fence. But what you described is still prevalent.. why bother re-buying it.

You imbeciles should just pick up and enjoy COD4 with your non-hacked lobbies. Lucky contes icon_sad.gif

That was just my experience mate - but my point overall is that each game is a luckybag - you could not encounter uber-contes or you might not. In a short amount of time playing last night, I certainly did. Conversely, with Black Ops, I have found less b*lloxs playing and certainly much less of an incling to put my foot through the tele...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Played Black Op's last night for an hour, despite my connection being better than normal, it was laggy as hell for the most part, and at times the sound would go weird (as if it was all happening miles away) and at other times, recoil with disappear (at least visually, by the amount of kills I was(n't) getting, I'd say the bullets were still spreading).

Ramirez! button my fly for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Cheers to the lads last night in the QS games, I told yous I can't QS for ****. Should do it again, maybe I wont come last this time. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Gotta agree with everlast, jeez there was still OMAs noob tubes on MW2. I was getting seriously pissed off but we kept winning so I didn't mind as much. I've like a 9 win ratio thanks to the lads last night.

I got two chopper gunners and an AC130 from my care packages last night. Delighted! But all the contes were staying inside or was either a map with loads of buildings. Most teams were leaving anyways leaving two players on the opp team. :pac:

I'll be on mw2 again tonight. Getting BO's Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Gonna get halo and blops for the xbox over the weekend i thinks....**** it... i might get it tonite ? :D maybe get a game with a few of you guis see what all the fuss is about with these massive winstreaks :D I know shammy wants me bad ofc.

PS does anyone know if turtlebeech headsets work with both ps3 + xbox ?

PS2 Has anyone ever tried those PS3 pads/kits you can get for the xbox ?

Had to laugh at everyone stealing that guys emergency airdrop on Invasion last night "what did you get!?" "harriers!, yay!" that guy must have been RAGING as it was a decent drop as well :D

Had to laugh at everyone stealing that guys emergency airdrop on Invasion last night "what did you get!?" "harriers!, yay!" that guy must have been RAGING as it was a decent drop as well :D

Got a predator and a Pave Low if memory serves. Kudos to whoever gave the head's up on the incoming delivery location! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Magill wrote: »
    Gonna get halo and blops for the xbox over the weekend i thinks....**** it... i might get it tonite ? :D maybe get a game with a few of you guis see what all the fuss is about with these massive winstreaks :D I know shammy wants me bad ofc.

Nice one , if you have the px21's then they work with both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

My brother had an old enough turtle beach and used for ps3 but never got the puck cable for xbox which goes into the control if ye get me. He just emailed them and they sent one out to him and worked AFAIK.

yeah I have px21's and they work with both, theres a small audio jack that plugs into the amp on the headset and that connects to the xbox pad as thats where the mic sound comes from. party chat on xbox is awesome, you can yap to people who arent even in the same game as you are and it auto mutes every screechy kid who isnt in your party, tis the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Whats your gamertag? I'll throw you an add when on later

Welcome to the dark side :D

EDIT: Finally broke the elusive 5.00 W/L I had been chasing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Also Jesus' has a magical k/d ratio.

*tumbleweed*

I'll get me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Good games of MW2 last night (mostly)
    I was playing ****, couldn't string together 5 kills.
    Elkats couldn't handle my sick quick scoping skills :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cfcpower

pity we didnt get the 200-0 on Favela domination, still hammered them though, most of the teams we played werent arsed about capping flags just running around tubing and scoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Sorry for going against a few of you's last night, I was talking away asking if you had a spare place on the team and other stuff in the lobby with my mic on mute :o Took me a minute to notice :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

You're grand Doc, I was p***ed off with the s*** spans in grid. I think we were winning by 1000 at one point and ended up losing. I think I was spawned into the enemy's position about 3-4 times in a row. Probably my fault for not running ghost when I got about the second or third time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Probably cus you were using a shotgun :pac:

Advertisement