Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

krudler wrote: »
    pity we didnt get the 200-0 on Favela domination, still hammered them though, most of the teams we played werent arsed about capping flags just running around tubing and scoping.

Me included :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

RMD wrote: »
    Probably cus you were using a shotgun :pac:

I still quick scoped his ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Pure shoite!
    I dominated them games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Anyone be on MW2 tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I will in a while, was on earlier in a lobby for of newbs (not noobs, theres a difference) and did some raping, 6 games, 4 ac-130s :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Pure shoite!
    I dominated them games.

sarcasm01-thumb-550xauto-39053.jpg
    Cossax wrote: »
    Anyone be on MW2 tonight?

No can do buddy. Got a long ass gym session in an hour :(

Krudler's upstaging all of us :(

If I could get one all night I'd be doing cartwheels naked in the rain :D

I'll be on.

arse, my net died and had to reboot my router, was gonna call it a night after that game anyway, alright games tonight aside from the dullest clan ever and Kaspr the wonder player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

arse, my net died and had to reboot my router, was gonna call it a night after that game anyway, alright games tonight aside from the dullest clan ever and Kaspr the wonder player.

There was certainly something up with that Casper lad, there's no way you could shoot as consistently as he could or somehow know when a person would be coming around a corner. Other than that they were good games, those OMG lads were shíte :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Guys, next time anyone's looking to have some fun with Black Ops, and isn't worried about XP gathering, this video is hiliarious, and offers a fabulous "side game" to the latest COD.

Skeet Shooting:

(they are a bit giddy at the start, but it's worth sticking with it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

shawpower wrote: »
    Guys, next time anyone's looking to have some fun with Black Ops, and isn't worried about XP gathering, this video is hiliarious, and offers a fabulous "side game" to the latest COD.

Skeet Shooting:

(they are a bit giddy at the start, but it's worth sticking with it)

I was thinking about trying to do a Duck Hunt private game mode and this could work with a British Bulldog style game.

Have about 6-7 people up on the tv tower and the shooter at the bottom. They all jump off together or in ones & twos with the shooter picking them off, one by one. Last left alive is the next shooter.

Will have to create a couple of classes and for it.
    Ducks: 200% speed, miniscule health, lightweight pro & marathon pro
    Hunter: olympia, steady aim pro & scavenger pro

May have to mess around with the class setups to fine tune it.

I rediscovered my love for the TAR21 on MW2 last night, the amount of great guns in that game is unreal. between the UMP,the SPAS, the SCAR, the ACR( i havent unlocked it yet but I kept stealing other peoples :D) the TAR21 and the AK47, compared to the handful of choice guns on Blops, the only ones i really use are the famas, aug and ak47.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

It looks like that the first person in to capture a point on his own doesn't get the position captured points. The times you did capture a point there was someone else in there with you during some point in the capture.

I'd be confident that even Lionel Hutz could win this case.

Edit:
    just watched that last part on the 2nd video and there were 3 people capturing it and you still didn't get the points. Maybe Lionel Hutz isn't the best option.

I think someone said it had to do with boosting , that being said when you are playing the objective you get penalised , so instead of capping flags i should bring out the big killstreaks and spawn trap.........boring :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Could you check in theater to see if anyone got points for caps?

CORaven wrote: »
    Could you check in theater to see if anyone got points for caps?

Thats where i recorded it from , if you check the second vid i look at the scores at the start where i already have 2 caps , i check the scores at the end of the vid and i still only have 2 caps .

It's weird, there are times when 3 people cap a flag and the first on doesn't get the points. In another 2 people capture a point and I presume both get the capture points.

Maybe check that first C flag on stadium to see if all the capturers got points there or not. I think all 6 people were on C as their names popped up. If they all don't have captures then I'd say it's time to crack open our neighbours skulls and feast on the goo within.

Never a problem with the first 2 flags , its afterwards .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I rediscovered my love for the TAR21 on MW2 last night, the amount of great guns in that game is unreal. between the UMP,the SPAS, the SCAR, the ACR( i havent unlocked it yet but I kept stealing other peoples :D) the TAR21 and the AK47, compared to the handful of choice guns on Blops, the only ones i really use are the famas, aug and ak47.

This is so true. Only guns I really use on Bops is AK47/Famas/PSG1 and rarely the AK74u. On MW2 I regularly used M16/Famas/Scar/Ump/Tar/AUG/RPD/Barrett/MPk5/Spas/AA12/Intervention/F2000 oh ffs just used them all depending on the mood I was in.

• Advertisement

According to the cod site it was implemented to stop boosters so apparently i'm boosting for capturing too many flags too quickly......

gimli2112 wrote: »
    This is so true. Only guns I really use on Bops is AK47/Famas/PSG1 and rarely the AK74u. On MW2 I regularly used M16/Famas/Scar/Ump/Tar/AUG/RPD/Barrett/MPk5/Spas/AA12/Intervention/F2000 oh ffs just used them all depending on the mood I was in.

ah the RPD, with a grip and heartbeat sensor that thing is an absolute beast of a gun, dropping people in 2 shots from halfway across the map.

I had a great laugh sniping people with the UMP on wasteland last night, entire clan of guys all running Interventions, 3 shot bursts taking them out from across the map, loving it :D

Great games last night
    Casper was insanely good on Scrapyard (76-18) :eek:

Got 4 Preds on Skidrow :pac:

Great games last night

Skidrow is a crappy map for air support though unless you're getting them to spawn at A flag. B and C are too covered. I prefer running uav,counter, predator on that map. its too easy to run around without the harrier or pavelow doing any damage, my harrier got fcuk all kills on there (aside from myself, and I was inside at the time :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Great games last night

He still lost though. Fagdaddies like him should stick to TDM :cool:

Shammy wrote: »
    According to the cod site it was implemented to stop boosters so apparently i'm boosting for capturing too many flags too quickly......

If that's the truth then Treyarch a making a rod for their own back. Domination is the one game type that a player can combine a high killtotal and still play a tactical role. Often in other game types where there are only 2 targets (demolition, capture the flag etc.) the prevailing game decends into defenders camping on or near their flag or bomb site and attackers dying in their droves till they both become entrenched defending their site.

There is a reason why WW1 games never made it into a COD game, trench warfare resulted in millions of pointless deaths and macabre poetry. Treyarch seem to be doing a decent shot of the latter, let's hope there is no poetry in the next map pack.
    I wandered lonely as a noob,
    that floats on lobbies over vales & hills;
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    a host of golden galils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the rock,
    shooting & stunning me with ease
    * I know it's not a war poem before anyone says it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Shammy wrote: »

:O:O:O:O
    YOU CHEATING SCUMBAG!!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

That Casper dude was good alright but a quick change of killstreaks (to 3/4/5) helped sort him out next round.

anyone on MW2 later for a few games? might play that for a while then move on to Blops, havent been on that in a while.

I'm gonna set myself a few challenges later, an ac-130 every match should keep me on my toes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Hi guys im peirces son any1 up for a game of mw2? kthx bai:D

Advertisement