Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Apologies mate - in fairness, it looked like you had marathon pro and lightweight on.. your ass was a blur!

And when I looked at the leaderboard at the end, it was only the figures that I looked at :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

shawpower wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to change my gamertag. It's getting confusing with two Perrin's on the go. :rolleyes:

I hate coming up with new ones though...

No worries mate we're here to help

MuNsTeR FtW
    A Boy Da KiiDDD

Commando PRO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Shammy wrote: »
    No worries mate we're here to help

MuNsTeR FtW
    A Boy Da KiiDDD

Commando PRO

Gotta love your sense of humour Shammy! LoL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I'm gonna have to change my gamertag. It's getting confusing with two Perrin's on the go. :rolleyes:

I hate coming up with new ones though...

Blacky Chong IE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

shay wrote: »
    I haven't been able to have a proper gaming session for a while, but its a good laugh when, like yesterday evening, I was playing Strike and next thing, who legs it by me - PerrinV2 :D He musta bailed into my game.

Spurred me on - I was fecked if he was going to get a better score than me :pac::pac::pac:
    Its a dark day when I start gettin high scores,I'm changing my gun class from now on,famas great from range but I'm getting wiped out close up.

Sorry shawpower about the GT thing,when I chose my gt i just checked was my boards name free and it was(my orginal boards username got wiped when boards went down last year).
    O and I didn't just pluck the name outta the air,its a
    character from a book :)

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Its a dark day when I start gettin high scores,I'm changing my gun class from now on,famas great from range but I'm getting wiped out close up.

Sorry shawpower about the GT thing,when I chose my gt i just checked was my boards name free and it was(my orginal boards username got wiped when boards went down last year).
    O and I didn't just pluck the name outta the air,its a
    character from a book :)

Don't worry about it mate. Not your fault at all. No way you could know. I picked it using the same Book character. Great books; The Wheel of Time. :)

One that I checked for availability is PintOPlain

I'm sure I'll do better when I think about it a bit more...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

Am up for a few games tonight, prob around between 7 and 9.

GT: InfamousCargo (have the old +353 as my clan tag if anyone spots me about!

Don't worry about it mate. Not your fault at all. No way you could know. I picked it using the same Book character. Great books; The Wheel of Time. :)

Depending on if you want something flashly e.g iQuicKScopezZZZZZ or something funny e.g iFuZzy BallZ
    Or like my mate Andy's gamer tag something totally random .

How about something relating to Black Ops. Like CrossbowKiller or a particular racist word that we saw the other night. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Change your clan tag to BRDS and you'll be
    Picked up quick! Oh and
    Joe, racist words are bad, but not if it's art, mw2 is art, you just shot my as ni***er! All done! I'm on later.

• Advertisement

Ya those books,I only made as far as book 7 though,must finish them off some day.

Depending on if you want something flashly e.g iQuicKScopezZZZZZ or something funny e.g iFuZzy BallZ
    Or like my mate Andy's gamer tag something totally random .

Not interested in the "flashy" names, and the funny ones are only funny the first time so not to bothered either way on that one. Thought PintoPlain was good, because the Irish would know what it's about. Can't beat a Guiness reference. But I'll keep thinking about it.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya those books,I only made as far as book 7 though,must finish them off some day.

The author died before finishing the whole series (some rare disease). It's being finished by a friend. So no idea how that'll turn out.

Sorry i couldnt jump in last night, 2 mates were on and so was the streak, i was hoping to invite some of ye in but saw there was 6/7 boardies on and in the same party , so i left it off.

Anyway the streak is still on :)

Sorry i couldnt jump in last night, 2 mates were on and so was the streak, i was hoping to invite some of ye in but saw there was 6/7 boardies on and in the same party , so i left it off.

Anyway the streak is still on :)

I thought you meant the boards guys were on a streak. What are you up to? Glad we turned around that Subbase game so. Makes my 3:14 start to the game worth it to cap that B flag. I managed to get even by the end once we had that flag. :)

I thought you meant the boards guys were on a streak. What are you up to? Glad we turned around that Subbase game so. Makes my 3:14 start to the game worth it to cap that B flag. I managed to get even by the end once we had that flag. :)

No Andy and baggins are on a 55 win streak , i think i'm about 41 .

Subbase was tight , no offense but it felt like i was the only one getting flags.

No Andy and baggins are on a 55 win streak , i think i'm about 30 .

Subbase was tight , no offense but it felt like i was the only one getting flags.

You were at the point when you complained. But that's because I'd swapped to a Stinger class to try to clear the skies. ;) I started with a runner class to try and cap B, but when my stats hit 3:12 and after about 5 failed attempts I changed to another class to try to get some map control first. We were gifting them kills, so I wanted to knock them off their streaks before the game got too late. Better to do that early when you can still catch up.

When we did cap the B flag, I was there beside you getting the 150 points. You know by now I will sacrifice k:d to get the flags, but I thought we needed to put a bit more thought into it since we were constantly getting mowed down in the middle of the map. They had snipers overlooking B, so we needed to clear their airsupport first and then get their cover fire. Which is what we ended up doing in fairness. :D

Once we had B, I based myself between B and C and tried to keep them in hand. I cleared C about 3 times and B about twice. We took A a couple of times, so maybe that was you, but I figured we needed to hold what we had as well.

Anyway, it was a great game. Exactly why I love MW2. And did you notice that there weren't any noob tubes either. Makes such a difference.:)

I was getting pi$$ed off , 6 times on b with a second left to claim it and i'd die, i took c a couple of times to try and clear b but to no joy, and like i said last night during the game look how quickly we took it when we had numbers, when we had c and b i had to keep taking a to make sure of the win , it was a tight game , but one that gave us satisfaction in winning.

I was getting pi$$ed off , 6 times on b with a second left to claim it and i'd die, i took c a couple of times to try and clear b but to no joy, and like i said last night during the game look how quickly we took it when we had numbers, when we had c and b i had to keep taking a to make sure of the win , it was a tight game , but one that gave us satisfaction in winning.

yeah, it's a bitch of a flag when you don't get it early. They had guys overlooking from lots of angles, so it was hard to take. I think we were putting bodies on B, but not together, so I was there and died, then you'd arrive and die, then I'd get back and die. No co-ordination. Once they started calling in air support, I thought that we were getting in a hole where we just kept giving them kills, which was giving them harriers etc. It was only going to get harder to cap with that stuff in the air. So I figured get rid of air support, and then try and cap. So once I'd blown up their helicopter and harrier, I tried to take them out from their perches on the roofs and then jumped down to help cap it. Nice for a plan of mine to actually work for a change. LoL

Agreed that we needed 3 flags for a while, but also thought that we were better keeping someone back at home to protect C while you went for A. You're probably a stronger slayer than me, so figured you'd be best in that role in their spawn. I played more sneaky and kept them off the other flags. :)

In fairness though, that's maybe something we could improve on; trying to figure out a tactic through some communication, if we're in a similar hole in future. Instead of us all doing our own thing, which normally works because we're all fairly strong players, in that situation maybe we need to chat a bit more and figure out what we need to do. Doesn't help I guess when Baggins can't hear me and visa versa. Sent him a request last night, so might solve that problem in future. But if we'd tried to get one or two on the roof to cover, and another 3-4 on the flag, we might have gotten it earlier??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'll be on from about 6pm onwards this evening. Throw me an invite if you see me

Also big Kudos to CORaven and BORion (i think i spelled that wrong) who were playing last night for the selfless teamwork in giving all their emergency airdrops to teammates. No need for it but classy nonetheless

Right went on to play a few games because it was bugging me as to what streak i was on , its now 41 :)

• Advertisement

The author died before finishing the whole series (some rare disease). It's being finished by a friend. So no idea how that'll turn out.

I dunno if I wanna finish them now,wouldn't feel the same knowing the orginal author hadn't penned them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Be on from about 7 lads, chuck us an invite if ye can. :)

My win streak is over , got to 58 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

deepest apologies, at least you're being a man about it and not hurling abuse. ridiculous game though.:mad::mad::mad:

deepest apologies, at least you're being a man about it and not hurling abuse. ridiculous game though.:mad::mad::mad:

Details???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Unlucky mate. Myself and Clive were alternating games there last night when we were playing DOM with you. First time I ever actually enjoyed DOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

hopefully will be on later for a good bit, maybe ye could help me get my nuke (kidding :pac:)

Dont be silly , i didnt play too well in it myself
    Enigma IE wrote: »
    Unlucky mate. Myself and Clive were alternating games there last night when we were playing DOM with you. First time I ever actually enjoyed DOM.

your were doing well too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Joined a lobby last night only to find the gamertag Akimbo Slice. Needless to say I began ****ting myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

how did the game go?

Advertisement