Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Alot of places scan the serial on the xbox when sold. So if you go back to where you got it, they should be able to tell you when it was bought etc.
    Know a few lads that did it. No receipt , nothing.

Great idea, cheers pal :)

Shammy wrote: »
    If you ring them with the serial number , they will be able to tell you when it was made and possibly when it was sold, you wont need proof of purchase.

I did shammy :( they said the warranty started in 2007 and the 3 years was up in Jan 2010, Im only with the OH about 2 years and it was brand new from shop so theres no way its 4 years old :mad:

The chap in customer support said some places, large retailers, buy in massive bulk but might not sell a product for a year or 2. The warranty automatically starts 90 days after day of manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

IPAM wrote: »
    I did shammy :( they said the warranty started in 2007 and the 3 years was up in Jan 2010, Im only with the OH about 2 years and it was brand new from shop so theres no way its 4 years old :mad:

The chap in customer support said some places, large retailers, buy in massive bulk but might not sell a product for a year or 2. The warranty automatically starts 90 days after day of manufacturer.

I'm on xbox number 10 :eek: and all the xbox's i got were made within a month or 2 of me buying them.
    Was it an arcade or a premium one you got ?
    To me it sounds strange that the store in which you got it had that xbox for 2 years..........

Good luck

Yeah when the rep said that I got a bit... Hostile ya could say :pac:

it was an arcade one, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

It does but it is manageable on maps like Jungle for example(as I showed when I posted a vid up of me going 25-2). Had many games on the likes of Jungle, Villa, Launch and so on getting a 10 K/D fairly comfortably with it. All about the movement when on those type of maps - when to move forward, when to sit tight, etc.

I actually found that it's pretty good over distance too. Not brilliant, not as good as the 74u, but quite manageable..... and still accurate.

I did a quick search on youtube there to see if I could find a game with more defends. The most I could find was 12. I should try and get that 15 defends one up...although it's troublesome for me*.
    What it does show up is that all people really care about is high kill streaks and K/D ratio. Well, that's what they want to see on youtube anyway :p

*On that note, if I do find it, have a watch again and think it worthy of perhaps entering the video thread, would there be someplace I can get someone to upload it for me? i.e. pay someone a few € online and they pluck it from my fileshare, render it etc and send it back to me?? I know I've seen such services, but anyone know a good one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'm on xbox number 10 :eek: and all the xbox's i got were made within a month or 2 of me buying them.
    Was it an arcade or a premium one you got ?
    To me it sounds strange that the store in which you got it had that xbox for 2 years..........

Good luck

10 !!! SERIOUSLY ???

Magill wrote: »
    10 !!! SERIOUSLY ???

Yup its a pity that 3 rrod is so rare nowadays.

Edit: I suppose i should mention that everytime i got the rrod i brought it back to the store i bought it from and they replaced it over the counter with a new xbox and either a game or ms points for my inconvience.

Yup its a pity that 3 rrod is so rare nowadays.

Edit: I suppose i should mention that everytime i got the rrod i brought it back to the store i bought it from and they replaced it over the counter with a new xbox and either a game or ms points for my inconvience.

Not too bad :D I've still got my xbox, its like the the orginal release one aswel :D I dont really use it an awful lot tho i guess. I think im just incredibly lucky with consoles, never had one fail on me.. my nes still works sure.
    Computers nad laptops... thats a different story altogether :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    Not too bad :D I've still got my xbox, its like the the orginal release one aswel :D I dont really use it an awful lot tho i guess. I think im just incredibly lucky with consoles, never had one fail on me.. my nes still works sure.
    Computers nad laptops... thats a different story altogether :)

The 360 is the only console I've ever had fail on me, I bought my PS2 in 2001 and it still works perfectly, hell I had dreamcast up until recently that worked fine as well. Between me and my housemate we've had 7 xboxes since launch, ridiculous fail rate for a console.

I still have my SNES :D doesnt get much use anymore but works perfect n I love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Sorry to hear about your 360 lynx, mine red ringed 2 years ago and was bought on release day. Had it sent to ze Germans and got it sorted in 2-3 weeks. It sounds like it's a flymo but works.

My internet went on me again last night right when I was capping C in stadium and was top of the score board (I know this cos I had the scoreboard up and the image stayed for yonks mockingly until I finally disconnected). I think it took 30 mins to come back and by that stage I had lost interest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Who is your ISP Yimrag?

I seem to get DC'd the same time as you when I'm on...

Eircom over here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Cheers for the games tonight lads, Destroying the other team every match :D Finally found my bloody mic cable aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

iMuse wrote: »
    Cheers for the games tonight lads, Destroying the other team every match :D Finally found my bloody mic cable aswell.

Yeah, joined you guys late, but had a good time while it lasted. I ended up staying on until around 2am... :rolleyes::D

Who is your ISP Yimrag?

I seem to get DC'd the same time as you when I'm on...

Eircom over here :(

I'm on vodafone, I think that vodafone & eircom use the same network so that could be it. Even Jesus with his 30mb internet was getting disconnects last night. I know ross and seamas had problems with it connecting to other vodafone users before. Then there is the problem with Upc and Shammy's internet so basically we're all screwed over by the internet and we'd be far better players stats-wise if we were in the states.

Also big shout out to Dizzy Rascal's cousin. BRRAPPP BRRAPPP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I'm curious about something.

Obviously most of you guys are already descent enough players. And when ye play in a party together you're probably better again.
    But surely if you guys are going into core games you will be against random teams most of the time? Surely ye will just dominate in every game.

e.g. (and iMuse, I'm just picking your comment as it came last... most players comment like this... its nothing personal)
    iMuse wrote: »
    Cheers for the games tonight lads, Destroying the other team every match

I really dont get the enjoyment of destroying the other team in every match. Surely ye would want better match ups... closer battles?

Is there a format where you can have Party vs Party only? i.e. opposite to Mercenary. Does the matchmaking try and do that at all?
    The matchmaking in general is pretty poor, so I doubt it does really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

jimbling wrote: »

Obviously most of you guys are already descent enough players. And when ye play in a party together you're probably better again.
    But surely if you guys are going into core games you will be against random teams most of the time? Surely ye will just dominate in every game.

e.g. (and iMuse, I'm just picking your comment as it came last... most players comment like this... its nothing personal)

I really dont get the enjoyment of destroying the other team in every match. Surely ye would want better match ups... closer battles?

Is there a format where you can have Party vs Party only? i.e. opposite to Mercenary. Does the matchmaking try and do that at all?

In my experience on the ps3, the matchmaking does everything but try and match parties against parties. . :mad:

I do prefer close battles but more often than not we don't get that. In domination you can get pushed all the way by a team that doesn't come near you on kill/deaths. Though sometimes we let the match go on longer by giving up 1 or 2 points, if people have unused chopper gunners/dogs/blackbirds etc.

I remember one game of dom in Berlin Wall and I think we lost 2 out of 6 players; Ross & Seamas who are usually our top scorers and we were up against a clan who threw group semtex on B, used smoke, nova gas, claymores and were genuinely decent. It was a great game for me, as I think I got 8 captures and 9 defends and had about 30 kills/deaths and we ended up winning by 30-40. I did another game where I went 33-0 and had 4 capture and 6 defends but I enjoyed the closer game with the better team.

Also most of the time we're on 3 bar connections so unless Shammy/X or someone else in our party is host we're at a disadvantage than the host and possibly the entire other team. We've got good grounds to be boastful/gloating afterwards because we not only trounced an enemy team but had to do it with no host advantage.

The most satisfying victorys are the really tense close one's followed by the complete trouncing and then an ugly win. I've started using an m16 for all game types recently with ghost and was doing ok in dom, but if we have a real challenge and need to cap B i'll break out my dom specific class. We do probably get complacent even cocky about it but don't mock it till you try it. ;)

Some of the lads here have obscene win streaks but are too modest/lazy to brag here but if new players join in they're generally shocked at the difference a good team can make to their score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

I play with the boards lads most nights and most of the time when we play against a full party they either A)back out after seeing some of our combat records(I'm looking at you shammy) or either B)back out after the 1st of many blackbirds is called in. then when we do get a good party to play against we have a bloody 1 or 2 bar connection.

We all communicate throught the game which makes a huge difference.

Played last night with lazy and two mates in headquarters. Came up against a party, all with over 12th prestige and good win ratios. Although we all finshed with a negative k/d we won by 5 or 10 points. What didnt help was the random lad on our team who camped and went something like 1-28 with no captures and no defends. At one point we were watching his screen and he was looking down his scope at a doorway nowhere near the HQ. If we had had a full party tho it would have been a different story.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Then there is the problem with Upc and Shammy's internet so basically we're all screwed over by the internet !

I'd like to apologise for not accepting invites in the last couple of weeks , usually i check and see who's in the party and if there are upc customers i wont join as its unfair on them being on 2 bar (or me at times :p )

Unfortunately i rarely play with boardies (see above) but when you have good players playing as a team its hard not to destroy the other team, i'm sure they would like closer matches but matchmaking makes the teams.

redman85 wrote: »
    I play with the boards lads most nights and most of the time when we play against a full party they either A)back out after seeing some of our combat records(I'm looking at you shammy) or either B)back out after the 1st of many blackbirds is called in. then when we do get a good party to play against we have a bloody 1 or 2 bar connection.

Ha , I'm sure theres boardies with way better stats than mine .

On a side note any non-upc customers wanting a game send us a message :)

• Advertisement

Can add me Shammy, Vodafone ISP, gonna get a lend of an xbox so should be on tonight :)

LYNXeffect1986

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Thanks to Blackie and co and Ross and co for the invites but I partnered up with Perrin and we went off to MW2 and won every game - Perrin also nailed a nuke on against some Yanks on a 4 bar connection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Good games last night on Blops and Mw2.

I finally got my Playercard just right ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

The IRL clan have come up with this problem on HCTF, so now we have to resort to other game modes, primarily domination/ground war to get any sort of challenge now.

The IRL clan have come up with this problem on HCTF, so now we have to resort to other game modes, primarily domination/ground war to get any sort of challenge now.

I don't see those 2 as anywhere near a challenge in Black Ops.

You guys should start a GB team, its the only way you can consistently get challenging games. Really easy to setup the games and stuff aswel.. actually quite a lot of fun playing against other teams that arent running round like headless chickens feeding high killstreaks.

I'd love to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

had like an hour long game of zombies last night . 4 of us with ray guns few rpd's a hk and a thunder gun thrown in as well as 3(maybe 4?) gersh devices. was fairly confusing actually i thought you could only have 2 players max with a ray gun and same again for the gersh device bit suprised when the 2 lads got them as well . would have went even further than 26 but im fairly sure monsta sabotaged us si his missus wouldnt tear him a new one for going to bed so late

Think I've finally gotten 3 blackbirds in a single game of Domination on stadium. I'll have to check my fileshare and be 100% but I'm pretty certain I got it at last. Was enjoying the games of dom a lot last night, very few disconnects even though the map choices were usually launch, villa or summit.

The cops and robbers games were good except when the police brutality kicked in. It's a bit of a mess when some people go and get revenge on the wrong people who in turn get the wrong person back. Also good man lazy on the c4 kill of yourself in James Bond!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Had a few fantastic games last night with Lazy, we came up against some mates of his who had 4 in a party (w/ 2 pubs) while it was only 2 of us (plus some pubs) who we trounced good and proper 2 or 3 times. after that they brought us into their party! :pac: Pub stomping is great fun when you can get a game with a full party!

Advertisement