Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Had a few fantastic games last night with Lazy, we came up against some mates of his who had 4 in a party (w/ 2 pubs) while it was only 2 of us (plus some pubs) who we trounced good and proper 2 or 3 times. after that they brought us into their party! :pac: Pub stomping is great fun when you can get a game with a full party!

Few things better than pub-stomping!

Went looking for a game last week and was put into a game against Boardies (Zed, Blackie, Sierra and 2 others I think), despite losing every game against them it's great fun to get in behind a team and cause a bit of consternation!
    I also noticed the sam turrets coming out after a few rounds, Counter Spy Planes FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Cossax wrote: »
    Few things better than pub-stomping!

Went looking for a game last week and was put into a game against Boardies (Zed, Blackie, Sierra and 2 others I think), despite losing every game against them it's great fun to get in behind a team and cause a bit of consternation!
    I also noticed the sam turrets coming out after a few rounds, Counter Spy Planes FTW!

i hate you btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Good craic last night lads , took out the contract of getting 60 kills in 40 mins in Dom , unfortunately in every game the opposition kept quiting only leaving 2 behind , i got it with 8 mins remaining :p.
    Ctf was immense , 11 rounds without the opposition catching our flag.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

actually would like to thank Shammy and a couple of the other lads last night for killing themselves after they had pretty much gotten the flags back so that those of us looking for marathon pro could get the captures, It was much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

actually would like to thank Shammy and a couple of the other lads last night for killing themselves after they had pretty much gotten the flags back so that those of us looking for marathon pro could get the captures, It was much appreciated.

It was good fun, really enjoyed myself last night, first time i had a good session on cod since the double xp weekend (zombies had kinda taken over) I might make a little vid on our games last night .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

dont worry about it it was all in the name of teamwork anyway we all know i was the key player in each game :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

yeah well ctf was a great idea actually really shook things up a lot we're so used to playing dom and tdm it was nice to play something different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ah finally got my scratched MW2 disk back working?Bit of online anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Few good games with d usual suspects tonight

Have a small win streak of 50 goin, would be happy with 100 :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

IPAM wrote: »
    Few good games with d usual suspects tonight

Have a small win streak of 50 goin, would be happy with 100 :pac:

Stick to the parties and you're laughin'!

That's how I (we) got both, 148 on MW2 and 143 on Blops.

Seamus has like 320 :o but yeah, can't go wrong in a party!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

1st time playin in a while tonight, messaged one of me mates to play and partied up... Was just setting up classes when 4 random boardsies joined in, they came out of nowhere! :P Good playing with ya's tonight, I didn't know one or two of ya's though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sorry to Paddyman and others yesterday - I was only only for a few games so didn't take up the invites :(

Will be on later for a good stint though!! :D

Thanks to Elkat for keeping the frag o the month comp going!

What with my password going awol I couldn't access my account. Thanks to Ade too for helping me out and getting that sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

IPAM wrote: »
    Seamus has like 320 :o but yeah, can't go wrong in a party!

I'm pretty sure he has nanites or some sort of symbiosis with xbox live. Same with Happi Kilmore & CFC. If they get on a roll you might as well sit on your thumbs for all the impact you'll have. On a few maps I'd get the first blackbird and think I was on for a good score at the end to finish up 4th or 5th, with the top player(s) doubling my score. They only do "poorly" if the opposition shoot down their air support.

Some decent challenging games last night, think the other teams managed to call in 2 blackbirds against us. One camper on summit even managed dogs but it was right at the end of a match. Also that spawn trap on Hanoi lasted ages, must have been close to a minute. Never knew you could spawn trap on that map.

Ive seen it on youtube vids but have never properly spawn trapped another team like that, it was brilliant :)

That chap that got dogs sat sniping at the back of A DOM, the only reason he got them is we didnt want the spawns to switch, jammy c**t, got me with a few tomahawks aswell :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Utter utter carnage, but fantastic.

I'd like to apoligise to everyone though as the only flak jacket class I had for some reason was "my piss people off class" (ak 74u rapid fire) for some reason I'd didn't have it on my usual classes but didn't cop it till nuketown started.

That game of DOM on Nuketown was mental! Too bad Petes modem melted before it finished :pac:

Wager matches were good too, got an amazing ballistic knife kill on Happi in S+S :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Great games with the lads last night, good combination of team matches (one game of Dom we won 201 - 200 on Hanoi :eek:) and private matches.

I realised something though after turning off the xbox - the games against other gamers was full of people getting miffed (me included) no end, plenty of new swear words etc.

However, the gun game/one in the chamber/sticks and stones matches were full of banter and craic.

I think Paddyman might be on to something :p

everlast75 wrote: »
    Great games with the lads last night, good combination of team matches (one game of Dom we won 201 - 200 on Hanoi :eek:) and private matches.

I realised something though after turning off the xbox - the games against other gamers was full of people getting miffed (me included) no end, plenty of new swear words etc.

However, the gun game/one in the chamber/sticks and stones matches were full of banter and craic.

I think Paddyman might be on to something :p

There was no craic to be had when I went 0-3 in OITC :( Ha!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

everlast75 wrote: »

That game of dom was epic . 199-199 all and they have two caps. and then somehow we win it 201-200. One of the lads got a last second cap. I love those tight games as opposed to the 200-24 kind games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Ha, 360 on the 360 leaderboard this week :pac:

154340.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Getting tantalisingly close to 500 blackbirds, think I'm around 487 or something. I had a hot streak of getting 5 in 2 matches in domination on firing range. I think either CFC or Seamas has over 1000 of them but i'll be delighted to get the 500th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

some knobjockey hacked a lobby so my level went from 48 to 70 with the first kill i got so said I may as well prestige, started with a game of S&D and got a double kill as first blood, jumped from lvl 1 to 3 with two kills, gonn ahve to do my some xp whoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

MW2 or Blops Krud?
    Edit just seen ya said level 70

MW2 yeah sorry,was enjoying unlocking things instead of being handed everything so going round the horn again. S&D and HQ are great for piling on the XP in the early stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

If anyone (Shammy/Doc are all I know of for now) can help record/upload any boards montage clips anyone on the Xbox may have it would be greatly appreciated. :)

fcuk SAKE!!!! 3 games in a row I'm thrown into a S&D lobby where I cant spawn as the round is in progress and its the last round, lost every time, why Activision, why?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Lads, i got mw2 the last day, and i think ive fallen in love :D I already play with the blops boardies often enough, but add me if you play mw2, GT: frankj15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

FINALLY! THE FLOYD HAS COME BACK TO XBOX NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!

Noob beating
    Bullet eating
    Rage blazing
    Famas raising
    step off the Lawn chair put your head on the cross

always ready to whoop That fag Ross

THE FLOYD
    is back

Celebrity-Image-The-Rock-229615.jpg

Btw, this is for tomorrow.

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Lads, i got mw2 the last day, and i think ive fallen in love :D I already play with the blops boardies often enough, but add me if you play mw2, GT: frankj15

had you never played it before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

krudler wrote: »
    had you never played it before?
    Only a few times after borrowing it off a mate, but after playing blops I can now see the difference in graphics and sound. Its epic :D

Advertisement