Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Only a few times after borrowing it off a mate, but after playing blops I can now see the difference in graphics and sound. Its epic :D

cant disagree there, pisses all over Blops sound and graphics wise,sound especially, even on quiet parts of games you can hear shooting off the map, rusted metal creaking on burnt out cars, all that stuff. and your footsteps actually sound like your footsteps as opposed to mystery steps that arent in sync with what you're doing. its definitely a lot busier than Blops too, tons of stuff going on around the maps on big games, play a ground war domination if you want to see utter chaos :D had a pretty epic game of it there earlier, went 42-8 sniping on Scrapyard, I dont really snipe anymore on it, prefer to run n gun with the spas, felt good though :)

its not without its flaw though, prepare for controller flinging rage when some pubeless wanker sends a noobtube grenade across the map and kills you, itll happen a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Leeg17 wrote: »
    If anyone (Shammy/Doc are all I know of for now) can help record/upload any boards montage clips anyone on the Xbox may have it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Yup can do , so if anyone has some clips send me a message .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Shammy wrote: »
    Yup can do , so if anyone has some clips send me a message .

Thanks very much :):D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Utter rape last night on GW. Much prefer GW Dom than regular Dom.

Fingers crossed this trend will carry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

krudler wrote: »
    its not without its flaw though, prepare for controller flinging rage when some pubeless wanker sends a noobtube grenade across the map and kills you, itll happen a lot.
    True the noobtubes are a b*tch but the fluid gameplay, sound and graphics makes up for it.
    Hopefully MW3 is basically a mix of MW2s' gameplay and sound/graphics and Blops' support and theatre mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

154614.jpg

Worst team I've ever been on but still managed to win.

In fact, probably the worst team I've been on, fullstop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have that beat, guy on ground war the other night went 7-48! now we were spawntrapped like bastards but still, why would you bother and not just quit, unless he was boosting someone on the other team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Enjoyed the demo games last night, felt even more sh** than normal after the team got over 700 kills and I contributed only 50, but as I said then I had 22 assists you robbing scummy teammates! Not sure who has it in their fileshare but it was utter carnage on WMD, think some of them died 130 times. No wonder it's called demolition.

The only game we lost was when we came up against a party when everyone (apart from me) was running 8,9,11 killstreaks and they tac inserted and used head glitches constantly. Once we set up sensible classes & killstreaks they soon got schooled. Favourite part against them was when I used my tac insert as a lure to kill them in their spawn and get a blackbird from them trying to destroy it.

@ Ross, Just got UPC switched on there this morning and the ping has gone from around 80 down to around 15.

Download speed has gone from 4Mbps (of 8 available) to 22Mbps (of 30 available)

...All that for €10 less a month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

@ Ross, Just got UPC switched on there this morning and the ping has gone from around 80 down to around 15.

I hate you and your fancy pants broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Have you switched off IP flooding? This will speed up torrent downloads dramatically......not that I know what a torrent is :rolleyes:

redman85 wrote: »
    Have you switched off IP flooding? This will speed up torrent downloads dramatically......not that I know what a torrent is :rolleyes:

You've totally lost me on this one. . . What's IP Flooding and how do I turn it off??:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

You've totally lost me on this one. . . What's IP Flooding and how do I turn it off??:o

go to your router page.. 192.168.1.1 down to firewall - options, untick everything there apart from firwall on the bottom... It's an evil, evil modem, but i love the broadband speed :o Actually, you'd prob want to change half the settings on the thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

first night in a long time to be playing last night, was on with everlast, Floyd I think yimrag was in there too but bloody hell at one point i was able to lie down in a corner and go take a leak and not get killed the cargage was that bad. I think one round of domination went 202 to 37 and another about 200 to 64.

loved the clan take chage half way through. Clan LUBE all the way ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Faolchu wrote: »
    first night in a long time to be playing last night, was on with everlast, Floyd I think yimrag was in there too but bloody hell at one point i was able to lie down in a corner and go take a leak and not get killed the cargage was that bad. I think one round of domination went 202 to 37 and another about 200 to 64.

loved the clan take chage half way through. Clan LUBE all the way ;)

I thought it was only fair that by us all changing our clan tag to that - we give the opposition due notice of what would ease their pain in the upcoming match ;)

i was surprised they didnt quit to be honest when i saw it. I was also very surprised i managed to rack up double digit kills in the last game considering the carnage.

BTW sorry for just vanishing last night lads had problems with the electricity and yes i did pay the bill before anyone asks.

go to your router page.. 192.168.1.1 down to firewall - options, untick everything there apart from firwall on the bottom... It's an evil, evil modem, but i love the broadband speed :o Actually, you'd prob want to change half the settings on the thing :p

It's asking for a username and password :confused:

Where do I get this from?

I use UPC at home too, I'll PM you my details so you can try a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

It's asking for a username and password :confused:

Where do I get this from?

don't write in anything and press ok... :p there is no password or username starting off, again, it's an evil modem! if ya get stuck with anything, just say, I've prob went through it already :p there's also a thread for it

right folks after playing last night with the lads i feel less of a man than usual. :o

for the life of me i cant string a decent kill streak together, struggle to get more than 15 kills per game. so i'm either just crap or i'm not playing teh way i should.
    • normally i go with an assault rifle with either extended mags, dual mags or a scope or red dot.
    • Secondary weapon is always the strella for taking out air support
    • i have claymore but thats coz i'm unlocking a perk
    • for perks I tend to change them as i'm trying to unlock the pro versions
    • but for now I'm running a combo of hacker, flac jacket, hardend, hardline.
    being taken out by a sniper i can live with, thats their objective but I'm always loosing out in the 1 - 1 battles.

I mix it up for game modes. so for domination and demolitions I'll put a silencer on and take the motion sensor fo the claymore.

help me obordsies you're my only hopw

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

right folks after playing last night with the lads i feel less of a man than usual. :o

for the life of me i cant string a decent kill streak together, struggle to get more than 15 kills per game. so i'm either just crap or i'm not playing teh way i should.
    • normally i go with an assault rifle with either extended mags, dual mags or a scope or red dot.
    being taken out by a sniper i can live with, thats their objective but I'm always loosing out in the 1 - 1 battles.

I mix it up for game modes. so for domination and demolitions I'll put a silencer on and take the motion sensor fo the claymore.

Ninja Pro is my favourite perk. The amount of times i've ran near someone and i hear their footsteps only for me to turn around and drop them is insane.

I can't stand the sound of my own footsteps so ninja is a must.

If you're having trouble getting kills and stuff switch to ghost for a while. While it may be a bitchy perk it (IMO) isn't that bad if those who use it are running around like everyone else.

For the second perk i like hardened pro. Stops you flinching when you are shooting directly at someone which helps you beat them.

Try:

AK47 w/ dual mag

Ghost Pro
    Hardened Pro
    Ninja Pro

I hope you have all of these pro versions. If not try get them they really help.

celtic723 wrote: »
    Ninja Pro

I hope you have all of these pro versions. If not try get them they really help.

dont have any of tehm yet, working on hardend, hardline and hacker pro at the minute coz i prestiged a week or two ago then stopped playing

dont have any of tehm yet, working on hardend, hardline and hacker pro at the minute coz i prestiged a week or two ago then stopped playing

I don't use hacker or hardline. Find them both pretty useless if i'm honest.

I think that Marathon Pro is an absolute must. Especially when in a big party with good players. As soon as the SR71 comes up it's a frantic run to get to the red triangle first.

My second perk is SOH. Being able to ADS 50% quicker than your opponent is in an instant advantage and you just can't beat the reload times with it attached. Using an AK-74u with dual mags is lethal on small maps.

Lastly, I have scavenger. Again, if running in a big party you're avg. life expectancy is huge so running out of ammo is an issue. The amount of times I heard people say "does anyone have a gun" "I need a gun" etc etc. Plus replenishing your semtex or frag is awesome for random spamming of the spawns.

With all that being said, here is my setup:

AK-47 (Extended mags)
    Strella

Flashbang
    Semtex
    Claymore

Scavenger Pro
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    Marathon Pro

yeah hear a lot of people last night screaming for guns, had to do it myself ended up picking up a pistol coz i ran out of ammo.

I suppose running about like a headless chuck doesnt help me much either :o

celtic723 wrote: »
    I don't use hacker or hardline. Find them both pretty useless if i'm honest.

hacker i find good for preventing me from running into claymores and for showing up the cameras or motion sensors so i know to be on the look out for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I've SoH pro on nearly all my classes, except my sniper, (scout pro) M60 & M16, (hardened pro) classes. It's brilliant when combined with dual mags which gives you plenty of additional ammo and leaves you able to pick something other than scavenger. Ghost, hardline and flak jacket are all very useful perks combined with dual mags so you don't have to conserve ammo. They give you immediate advantages wheras scavenger's advantage is best later on in a life.

I'd only run steady aim with a smg with extended/dual mags. Or in a fast moving rusher class with lightweight/marathon so I can shoot faster after sprinting. Make sure you work on getting pro versions on most of your perks. SoH, Ghost, Flak Jacket & Marathon are probably the best pro versions. Also Tac Mask Pro is surprisingly good and worth getting. Some like scout pro, and hardened pro are less useful in most circumstances when compared to being able to walk through fire, ignore enemy grenades, stay off enemy radar and sprint behind an entire team.

Also try tuning your killstreaks to match you're style of play. 3,4,5 is an underated combo. The spyplanes harass the non-ghost users and counterspy blocks radar whilst naplam can deny objectives and pick up multiple kills long after it should be able. If people are constantly calling in choppers/blackbirds, try using rolling thunder. You might get only one or two but it scares the crap out of teams when it's called in. Also hardline makes getting loads of killstreaks a doddle.

Finally consider playing to your gun and loadout strengths, and engage enemies on a distance that puts you at an advantage.

Shotguns less than 5m corners and high traffic doorways
    Smgs around 10-20m small rooms and high traffic areas
    ARs around 20-80m Acog m16 and Variable Zoom g11 are the better long range ARs and famas and aug for up close due to their faster rates of fire.
    Snipers with VZ anything over 80m Havanna, Array Discovery even Firing Range.
    LMGs don't suffer from damage drop off at range so try fighting at longer distances 30-60m but remember to burst fire as the recoil can get bad. Best used when you know where the enemy is and you're flanks are protected. Best used with jammers & motion sensors.

nice one I'll play with the perks some more tonight and move away from hardline for now.

I'll try hanging back a little instead of just rushing ahead to get kills maybe stay croushed down instead of running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I recommend you using

Commando/Famas or Ak - Extended Mags or Red Dot if your struggling with the iron sights. I would imagine theres no point in using dual mags since you've said you're struggling to get over 15 kills a game. So you'll probably never use the extra ammo.. maybe a siliencer ?
    Strela
    Claymore or motionsensor - Depending on your playstyle, claymore for agressive (Plant it behind you when you enter a building) etc
    Flash/Stun/Nade/Sem

Flak Jacket Pro
    Slight of Hand Pro
    Tac Mask Pro
    or if your an agressive fast player, marathon (Actually, if your planning on presteging its likely that you'll not get any of these pro perks so i'd say marathon is the best)

If your struggling to get kills its probably best to play defensively anyway, let the kills come to you.

• Advertisement

This game is a ****ing joke connection wise.

I was following a guy who didn't even know. I shot him in the back with the auto CZ75 and every bullet hit him. He eventually turns around and shoots me with not an smg or assault rifle but a ****ing asp that kills me in 3 bullets.

Can someone explain to me how this makes any sense?

**** treyarch and **** infinity ward.

FPS games need dedicated servers.

Advertisement