Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Thanks and sorry to Seamus/BenRobJohn last night, couldn't accept invites as I was already set up in another party.

We had one seriously good game against a very well organised team which I we were sure we'd lose... No sooner had we a flag capped and it was gone again

Think my score was something like 35-20 with 9 caps and 7 defends or something; it was non-stop mayhem

I'll try and put the game in my fileshare later, really want to upload to YouTube!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Jev/N wrote: »
    Thanks and sorry to Seamus/BenRobJohn last night, couldn't accept invites as I was already set up in another party.

We had one seriously good game against a very well organised team which I we were sure we'd lose... No sooner had we a flag capped and it was gone again

Think my score was something like 35-20 with 9 caps and 7 defends or something; it was non-stop mayhem

I'll try and put the game in my fileshare later, really want to upload to YouTube!

Who were you playing with?:)

celtic723 wrote: »
    Who were you playing with?:)

Myself, Justsomebloke and Lazyfingers... there was another 3 randomers playing on our team but we only had 5 total for awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That was a beast of a game Jev! Lost my win streak after, couldn't give a flying fuck though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Apologies to Floyd for not accepting the BO invite, myself and Coraven were in a few Dom games and we were both heading off when you sent the request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Great games last night with Ross, Seamus, Floyd, Yimrag and Doc/Happy during the night (including me getting for the first time 2 sets of dogs in one game :D) - Mind you - the dogs did f**k all... I ordered Dobermans and got gammy legged, neutered gummy Poodles obviously!

I reckoned a game on firing range where we all used Stakeouts was in order and it was fookin great craic (sorry Floyd :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

tried to join in last night but with you all, managed to join mid session and ended up on the other tream, obvioulsy we had our arses handed to us over and over. the only tiny glimmer of hope for me was taking out two of someones hueys but it took about 3 deaths to take each one out coz i couldnt get a bloody lock:mad:

ended up in a party with lazy and lynx for a while, had a good game on summit where B dom just kept changing hands, but i think they were all australian coz they were bouncing around the place like bloody Skippy. connection was bad it switched hosts and then i couldnt rejoin, said server full even though the game was something like 4 V 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Some sweet games last night, there is a ridiculous spawn in Summit under B dom (when A & B are capped) on the snowy path and I managed to get 34 kill spree somehow. I'd wait inside at B dom pop outside and kill them as they spawned or coming up the steps. It was like something out of demolition where their spawns were immovable. Think someone stayed back at A using a chopper and there were 2 people in the other middle spawning points so they force spawned there.

Then we played dom on firing range and most of us used the stakeout with LW/SoH/Mp and tore it up. Paddyman was calling in dogs, blackbirds and somehow got 3 in a collateral, I got 41 kills and Floyd didn't do so well. I was trying to be Sandy Ravage jumping and aiming at the same time, it felt like a bit like the spas but not quite as good. Even the other team started using shotguns against us.

Oh and apologies to Faolchu and everyone else I noobtubed last night. I saw a youtube video from xboxahoy using the rpg/noobtube with scavenger and it looked like fun. I went from 3-1 with the grenade launcher to 60-10 using it. My k/d with it was 9 at one point! So satisfying killing flak jacket people enemies by direct impact with it. Yes, I am a dickhead.
    However.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

yimrsg wrote: »
    Oh and apologies to Faolchu and everyone else I noobtubed last night.

hmmmm all i can say is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Some sweet games last night, there is a ridiculous spawn in Summit under B dom (when A & B are capped) on the snowy path and I managed to get 34 kill spree somehow. I'd wait inside at B dom pop outside and kill them as they spawned or coming up the steps. It was like something out of demolition where their spawns were immovable. Think someone stayed back at A using a chopper and there were 2 people in the other middle spawning points so they force spawned there.

Look at the map where we trapped em' :pac: The bottom left if just a red blob
    155345.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Epic spawn trap on Havana earlier, <20 deaths for our whole team IIRC. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I was only on for a few games last night but they were great games! Havana was awesome, even though I sat back with a sniper like a little girl (cheerleader). Managed to get me 27-0 so I don't care :cool:

My K/D went up by .03 last night. Most it's gone up by in any one night :)

Hopefully I'll be on a bit over the weekend for some more surprise sex!

FunkZ wrote: »
    That was a beast of a game Jev! Lost my win streak after, couldn't give a flying fuck though!

Worst thing is, that one game on Grid isn't available in any of our fileshares - it doesn't seem to exist at all :mad:

Cossax wrote: »
    Epic spawn trap on Havana earlier, <20 deaths for our whole team IIRC. :D

I stand by what i said last night. If the other team wants to be a bunch of bitches and not cap flags they won't be let out of their spawn it's as simple as that.

That's the best way to teach someone a lesson in COD. Spawn trap them so hard they rage quit.

Note for future reference : Cap flags, or else you're getting spawn trapped.:)

Havanna is such an unfair map if you're stuck on A. You're bottled up so badly. The Fountain blocks you in and the dumpster allows you to cover up to the end house and stops the fountain being flanked. No sympathy for that team against us, if they had a brain between them they'd have used tactical grenades against us. Gotten the fountain and then pushed on B. C is much tougher as the defenders have better cover and the bus blocks most of the view into their spawn.

One guy on their team ran into B dom left a claymore and ran off. Didn't try capping B, not that he had a chance. That just reminded me of another guy crawling onto B around the car, it was like a zombie movie. Zombies are trying to get Brains those guys weren't even able to get 'B'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Cheers Atomic/X, never cooking with olive oil again! Hahahaha :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

FunkZ wrote: »
    Cheers Atomic/X, never cooking with olive oil again! Hahahaha :cool:

f**k you :p

Funniest thing in a long time happened in CTF with Pete blowing up a barrel in Jungle to stop our non-party teammate from capping (and ending the round/match) and killing him to make the match go on longer.

Very dickish thing to do but very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

We did that yesterday to poor Beertons, I needed the exp more than him :p

Worst experience of my COD career tonight. Playing Domination against a party of HupT gamers with W/L ratios of between 4-13.

Yes your eyes are not deceiving you. One guy had a win loss of 12.32.

Suffice to say we had our arses ripped to shreds.

There was only 4 of us though but having said that we were well beaten.

Some team of players those guys were hate to see what they do to a bunch of randoms.

• Advertisement

Funniest thing in a long time happened in CTF with Pete blowing up a barrel in Jungle to stop our non-party teammate from capping (and ending the round/match) and killing him to make the match go on longer.

Very dickish thing to do but very funny.

I have to get that on fileshare. I didnt think it would happen and then boom!!!!!!!

celtic723 wrote: »
    Worst experience of my COD career tonight. Playing Domination against a party of HupT gamers with W/L ratios of between 4-13.

Yes your eyes are not deceiving you. One guy had a win loss of 12.32.

Suffice to say we had our arses ripped to shreds.

There was only 4 of us though but having said that we were well beaten.

Some team of players those guys were hate to see what they do to a bunch of randoms.

Jeez sounds awful were these guys amazing or just very well organized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Not the best night on mw2 last night imo, so many pricks actually play that game, only Furious was scoring well.
    Highlight of the night had to be me and CORaven trapping that boosting b*stard in a corner in Invasion - we would have done Kevin off those How To Annoy People videos proud :D:D
    146465-bigthumbnail.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Not the best night on mw2 last night imo, so many pricks actually play that game, only Furious was scoring well.
    Highlight of the night had to be me and CORaven trapping that boosting b*stard in a corner in Invasion - we would have done Kevin off those How To Annoy People videos proud :D:D

Mind you Ross almost topped that.
    There was a game in Karachi where Ross and B0Ronic played against the team and he almost bloody nuked us as a result. Myself and Flyod just managed to stop him on 22 of the 25kills. Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

CORaven wrote: »
    Mind you Ross almost topped that.
    There was a game in Karachi where Ross and B0Ronic played against the team and he almost bloody nuked us as a result. Myself and Flyod just managed to stop him on 22 of the 25kills. Fair play to him.

lol that got ridiculous, everyone on the team was just hellbent on taking out Ross :pac: I was getting mauled on that game no matter how I was shooting people I was getting bested in one v one gunfights, had a 3 bar so wasnt like it was a horrid connection either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Went all nooby for a few games tonight :D

Me, Ross, Happi and iMuse running Ghost, 2nd chance, tack inserts, RC-XDs, I even stuck a noob tube on for couple games (lazy would be proud ;) )

That'll teach em to camp in corners :P

For the first time in memory, since playing with boardsies, we lost twice last night. It was unfair as it was 5 on 6. We lost the first game against them, switched classes and killstreaks around then won the second game but the victory was short lived as we lost the 3rd game 201-194.

Despite losing, the games were great! Was really nice to be tested after about a year or so of utter stomping.

Good games all. Will be on later

Felt we should have won the last game on WMD, we had them stuck in C and they weren't getting near B and built up a little lead. Then they flipped the spawns and did the same to us. I was muck in that WMD game. C is much harder to come out of as there are more high vantage points with cover, plus the James Bond building faces onto you.
    Couldn't find a rhythm and ended up going negative badly, very gutting since I got 2 blackbirds on stadium. I've never seen a sentry gun last that long, still we more than held our own 5 vs 6 and given a full 6 on 6 we'd take them. Have one person running high kill streaks with everyone else using sam turrets/counter spys to clear and block the skies. Also having someone to check on the numbers of players alive would mean that we could time capping points better rather than running in pell mell. Getting caps using tac mask/flak jacket pro and having others cover and control the vantage points.

I'd love a rematch or a hard game against 6 of us fully organised now!

I'd love a rematch too!!

I think we all got so used to running big killstreaks an never being challenged that we were caught off guard in the first game. If we played with 3 people running uav, counter uav and sentry guns and the other half running uav, Sam turret and mortars we would have hacked up!

Really hope we run into an organised team later!

• Advertisement

Felt we should have won the last game on WMD, we had them stuck in C and they weren't getting near B and built up a little lead. Then they flipped the spawns and did the same to us. I was muck in that WMD game. C is much harder to come out of as there are more high vantage points with cover, plus the James Bond building faces onto you.
    Couldn't find a rhythm and ended up going negative badly, very gutting since I got 2 blackbirds on stadium. I've never seen a sentry gun last that long, still we more than held our own 5 vs 6 and given a full 6 on 6 we'd take them. Have one person running high kill streaks with everyone else using sam turrets/counter spys to clear and block the skies. Also having someone to check on the numbers of players alive would mean that we could time capping points better rather than running in pell mell. Getting caps using tac mask/flak jacket pro and having others cover and control the vantage points.

I'd love a rematch or a hard game against 6 of us fully organised now!

They were utter garbage talkers as well. The match we beat them with 5 they were giving it the leprechaun bull**** like typical ****.

They struggle to realise that leprechaun jibes are ridiculously poor. I had a few lined up for them but decided against it.

There's a reason the english are the most hated nation in the world. :rolleyes:

Advertisement