Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Magill wrote: »
    You'd be lucky to topscore once a session in our groups ;)

That's not what i've been hearing. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Nice to see you guys taking a leaf out of the Pro Gamer Thread (PS3 Last Night) and start to rely on gunskills over noob killstreaks :D

Much more fun for all when everyones running lower KS's.

Dont see how running low killstreaks has anything to do with gunskill. Nearly everyone runs blackbird so they are helping everyone get the higher killstreaks so more fun for everyone :D No need to start this PS3 vs Xbox players thing again :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

iMuse wrote: »
    Dont see how running low killstreaks has anything to do with gunskill. Nearly everyone runs blackbird so they are helping everyone get the higher killstreaks so more fun for everyone :D

Silly us iMuse, we just ain't l33t enough for these guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just out of curiosity, what Killstreaks do you run Magill or are your gunskills so L33T that you don't need any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That was one of the best night gaming that I've had in a long time

1.Piss off Magill.
    2.Perrin is an absolute beast. 6-24 :D
    3.Elkats, that was insane going 44-0.
    4.That game on Hanoi was amazing. 1-38's all round.
    5.8,9,11 Rules the world.
    6.Muse is a tank
    7.M16>G11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Dont see how running low killstreaks has anything to do with gunskill. Nearly everyone runs blackbird so they are helping everyone get the higher killstreaks so more fun for everyone :D

:) I was just baiting the banter, but in seriousiness, i meant it like.... Not relying on choppergunners and dogs to get half your kills :)

We'd normally run UAV/CUAV or BB + random (At least most of us do :D)I dont even really like blackbird because of how easy it makes it, you can just run around corners spraying at the other team and everyone turns into a beast when its up so again you end up chasing the enemy spawns. I nearly lost the head last week when i was in a party(Non boardsies, and everyone had choppers/dogs/gunship).. really really boring.

PS, its not an xbox vs ps3 thing, just a CoD thing in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

kingofpopcorn.gif

I've played with iMuse and Shammy. Obviously haven't played with any of the rest of you. Would genuinely like to though.

I'm guessing Magill was suggesting that using killstreaks like UAV, CUAV and napalm and going 40+ kills in a game is more impressive than using the cujos and letting them rape!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

That was one of the best night gaming that I've had in a long time

1.Piss off Magill.
    2.Perrin is an absolute beast. 6-24 :D
    3.Elkats, that was insane going 44-0.
    4.That game on Hanoi was amazing. 1-38's all round.
    5.8,9,11 Rules the world.
    6.Muse is a tank
    7.M16>G11

In my defense all I was doing was dolphin diving across the chasm,I wasn't actually trying to shoot anyone.
    Also apologises to furious and frank for floyds behaviour on stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

We'd normally run UAV/CUAV or BB

Fair enough :) Thats my top 3 used killstreaks and do decent enough with them but theres no harm sticking on the Choppers or dogs for a change as its gets boring without them as much as it can get boring with them.

Fair enough :) Thats my top 3 used killstreaks and do decent enough with them but theres no harm sticking on the Choppers or dogs for a change as its gets boring without them as much as it can get boring with them.

Sometimes i'll run them when playing with randoms, very rarely these days with a party tho, i just feel selfish when i do, i guess if everyones got them on then its sort of even stevens, cant imagine the weaker players having much fun tho :D. The chasing + rage quiting of the other team gets monotonous after a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

LakesKeane wrote: »
    kingofpopcorn.gif

I've played with iMuse and Shammy. Obviously haven't played with any of the rest of you. Would genuinely like to though.

I'm guessing Magill was suggesting that using killstreaks like UAV, CUAV and napalm and going 40+ kills in a game is more impressive than using the cujos and letting them rape!

You know what's even more impressive? Doing that on XBox.

Cossax wrote: »

Talking from experience ? :)

And i can do it on the PC, suppose that takes an even higher level of skill right ? Sweet.

Talking from experience ? :)

And i can do it on the PC, suppose that takes an even higher level of skill right ? Sweet.

According to pretty much anyone and everyone who's gone from PS3 to Xbox on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

LakesKeane wrote: »

Running 3,4,5 , 43 kills 11 deaths , 8 caps and 4 defends ;)

I can imagine with all the lads playing in a party, if they all ran 3,4,5 it would get boring just as much as the high killstreaks.

According to pretty much anyone and everyone who's gone from PS3 to Xbox on here.

And yet the facts speak for themselves :) With their K/D's being higher on the xbox. Either way, i don't want to open that can of worms again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I've played on xbox, split screen with a mate after having a couple of bottles of beer (before a ball) and top scored a couple of games of Dom without too much trouble. Didn't find it different at all apart from the better framerate. Maybe all the n00bs were out :D, though I was playing with one too.

Shammy wrote: »

I can imagine with all the lads playing in a party, if they all ran 3,4,5 it would get boring just as much as the high killstreaks.

That game is impressive (I have a game vs a full party of my clan mates, all 1.5+ K/D, where i get over 50K's, 20Deaths, 4 caps and 15 defends using the enfield + 3/4/5, and i win 200-190ish).

I don't know if they'd find it boring, maybe they would tho because alot of people do like the easymode K/D boost that choppers/dogs provide. The game in general can get boring when stomping pubs and a decent party will do that with whatever killstreaks they use. I just think that not only me but the rest of the usual PS3 boards guys have a better time when the air isn't hogged up with choppers etc.

Im suprised you guys manage to keep the other team in the lobby tho, any time we run choppers its usually down to 2 or 3 enemies within the first 2 or 3 minutes and anyone new that joins usually quits straight away because they'll be spawning right into a chopper/dog.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You know what's not impressive? Raking in high end killstreaks on gametypes like Domination for example with near to full parties of fairly strong players while spawn trapping the enemy :)

The only thing impressive about COD is delving out of your comfort pub zone and replicating anywhere near the form on a competitive level or doing an XCal, going lone wolf, with crap set ups and killstreaks and absolutely humiliating the other team while capping flags/planting bombs.

Also, I've said it before, my stats were near double on the 360 than PS3 in COD4. But sure, going against the grain is what I do :)

Shammy wrote: »

There's no questioning you, yourself Shammy. Clear as daylight that you play the objective. You're in the minority ;)

I personally don't find it boring. I don't think the majority of PS3 lads do. I just prefer having to move around and getting my kills by gun for the majority. Me and Mags have disagreed in the past, but this is certainly one we believe in which is good to see. Gunskill is an afterthought in COD sadly. Get your killstreaks, up the K/D and quit/dashboard any time the going gets tough and the stats look to be taking a hit.

And yet the facts speak for themselves :) With their K/D's being higher on the xbox. Either way, i don't want to open that can of worms again :D

That's due to the fact they play with better players.

• Advertisement

You know what's not impressive?

Playstation??

I kid. In all honesty, if we weren't so lazy someone would have set up a GB account.

All challenges welcome.

Playstation??

I kid. In all honesty, if we weren't so lazy someone would have set up a GB account.

All challenges welcome.

I offered this to the IRL clan a while back but didn't hear a peep out of them, but sure I'll offer it to you guys. If you want to play a top GB(think they switched to MLG, or at least they were planning to the last time my mate told me) with competitive rules. Fairly sure the majority are occupied with their exams and what not at present but they'll give you a game asap I reckon.

Just give us a shout via here or PM if that appeals to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

All the PS3 players posting in Xbox 360: About Last Night?

Looks like someones bored, I wonder why? ;)

Playstation??

All challenges welcome.

GB can be a mixed bag, if your not too bothered about whining little fagg0ts claiming default wins when they get beat, then you should like it. Diffo a step up from public games and far more exciting, especially when you get a sort of evenly matched team.

Not even gonna respond to your posts cossax, cos your pretty clueless :o

fjsanchez wrote: »
    All the PS3 players posting in Xbox 360: About Last Night?

Looks like someones bored, I wonder why? ;)

HAHAHA... FOOOK YOU !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Ie some xbox lads against ps3 lads? How would that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Leeg17 wrote: »

Psn is down , it would have to be on live ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Leeg17 wrote: »

i feel a sort of event coming on :P

Can't speak for everyone so will post here first, I'm game if the others are. Doubt there would be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Can't speak for everyone so will post here first, I'm game if the others are. Doubt there would be a problem.

can some explain whats goin on is this A PS3 v 360 game ? how would that even work

Advertisement